Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 7, 2023 6:31 PM

Feb 2013
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
deg said:
the otaku flag is simple and cool lol

This flag reminds me of some American anime/manga company's logo and my brain cannot figure out which one.  Somebody help me out here?
Manga Entertainment. Started in the UK actually. Then dissolved into other companies.

This ended up being quite entertaining. Actually pegged either this or Marginal Service to be the dark horses this season so we'll see.
Apr 7, 2023 6:40 PM
Mar 2015
I have no idea wtf is going on. The first half was forced, the other half makes no sense. There's no OP. The ED is an acid trip in MS Paint...
Apr 7, 2023 6:46 PM
Aug 2022
I love stuff that is over the top but clearly was made with love, and this show is both crazy and unapologetically itself. I love it

Apr 7, 2023 6:47 PM
Mar 2022
I was very impressed. Had no idea of the source material but it's a great blend of action and hilarious tropes. Excited for this experience.
Apr 7, 2023 7:11 PM

Sep 2011
NTAD said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
This flag reminds me of some American anime/manga company's logo and my brain cannot figure out which one.  Somebody help me out here?
Manga Entertainment. Started in the UK actually. Then dissolved into other companies.

This ended up being quite entertaining. Actually pegged either this or Marginal Service to be the dark horses this season so we'll see.
Yes, that's the logo I'm thinking of.  Thank you

NicDstormborn said:
I was very impressed. Had no idea of the source material but it's a great blend of action and hilarious tropes. Excited for this experience.
It's an anime original
Apr 7, 2023 7:16 PM
Jul 2018
art and animation is great
Apr 7, 2023 7:18 PM
Jul 2016
I'm in love in weird anime. It reminds me of Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt tbh. And it has the same aesthetic as FLCL. And Anarchy-chan is voiced by Power fron Chainsaw Man.

I kinda wish the animation was a tiny bit better, but goddamn if the aesthetics are on point.

I could see this getting a cult following if it ends up really good.
Apr 7, 2023 7:23 PM
Mar 2022
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
NTAD said:

Yes, that's the logo I'm thinking of.  Thank you

NicDstormborn said:
It's an anime original

makes sense why I never knew of it.
Apr 7, 2023 7:48 PM
Jan 2020
I'm gonna rate this a 10 solely because of the OP
Apr 7, 2023 7:51 PM

Feb 2019
Otaku being persecuted and hunted down for their love of anime? Oh they just like me.

This is the most insane wackiest show I’ve seen in years. Feels like FLCL or something you’d see on toonami in the early 2000s and I’m here for every moment of it. That’s the OP of the year too. Mark it.
Apr 7, 2023 9:06 PM

Feb 2021
It's off to a bit of a rocky start but you can tell it was made by a pretty dedicated team who enjoys what they're doing, i'm sure the animation and writing will pick up along the way.

Super fun though, i loved the comedy and the 2000's otaku references all over the place, the visuals really sell it here and wow is the soundtrack good, i think it's been said 100 times before but that OP was insane. Between this and Akiba Maid War i'm all in with the 'akihabara otaku culture with a dark twist' genre, very nostalgic but very fun nontheless.

Apr 7, 2023 9:18 PM

Jun 2016
kinda giving me kill la kill vibes. not sure why tbh

beat beat drums

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 7, 2023 9:47 PM

Jan 2022
Yo what the fuck, that's a really random story, but it seems pretty funny and has great potential. Opening is very fucked up and epic gore metal, that's cool. The animation was stunning and very fluid, probably the best thing Bibury has done so far. Excited for next episode !
I like everything, ok
Apr 7, 2023 9:56 PM

May 2014
Midrulean said:
Had a strong and insane intro, with a completely and utterly unhinged OP at the end, but its story and comedy kinda lost steam for me as the episode went on. By the end it started to feel really generic in a way that I couldn't exactly write off as deliberate parody. Might be a case where I have to let it cook for a bit longer, but I don't know if I'm really feeling this one.
Exactly the same. Technically this anime has potential, I really liked the characters design and some sequences of animation.
Apr 7, 2023 10:05 PM

Mar 2019
I don't know how to feel about this one yet. I like that it is silly, but I felt that overall the comedy was not good in that first episode. Pow... I mean, Anarchy was the best character. Maybe they will change in the following episodes, but I want to see more of her instead of Otaku Hero. The OP is great . Animation was all over the place. Nice looking at times, very basic at others.
Apr 7, 2023 10:39 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Not sure what to think about this tbh. The concept of wackiness while using those culture as a setup already died off pretty fast. But here i am still curious to see what's up. The first few poster ahead already mentioned about Garandoll. At least Gyakuten have a mecha, idol, and loli. But this? Hmm, i guess the magical girl kinda be lacking for this type of story. Needs more stronger plot of story or rather, full-blown animation factor to attract me well...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 7, 2023 11:41 PM

Feb 2016
It has great animation, over the top characters, goofy mahou shoujos, a dumb plot and a lot of action.
This will be amazing! I have high expectations now!

The only thing I don't like is that Otaku Hero smokes, I find it really unnecessary for his character, feels like they were trying so hard to make him look "cool" and ended up with that dumb decision.

It's kinda weird to me that this isn't a TRIGGER anime tho, it looks that good!

Sorry if my english is bad (ใฃห˜โ–ฝห˜)ใฃ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Apr 8, 2023 12:22 AM
Apr 2021
This anime Director work on FLCL and Kill La Kill thats why it have simillar kind of animation. most of the scene are Sakuga animation. Then Art Director also work on Blue Exorcist and Nier Automata. Color Design from Gintama. Art Photography from Vinland Saga season2. Man the Staff are so good
Apr 8, 2023 12:31 AM

Oct 2018
The last Ikehata thing that looked strong was back in 2017. Cool episode, kind of all over the place, but I'll keep watching for sure.
Apr 8, 2023 12:40 AM

Feb 2015
amazing and i love it. i need this one in a while after all of those series that took it seriously or the drama/slice of life once. This absurd, absolutely bad stupid, idiotic story, series which doesn't make any damn sense but it's on purpose, i just love it. Great f-ing opening by the way.
Apr 8, 2023 12:41 AM

Apr 2009
They forgot to make the comedy attempts be funny.
Half of the episode played the drama almost completely straight without bringing a punchline or subversion or any reasonable joke, I'm not sure if it's a direction problem but there was nothing in it apart from being 'lol so random'. It's like playing Akiba's Trip, except without energy to keep up the rhythm.
Apr 8, 2023 1:23 AM

Apr 2015
It was worth every minute the wait since the first Trailer came out, this will make one of the funniest animes of the spring 2023 season
Apr 8, 2023 2:46 AM

Sep 2018
Very absurd premise and I like the way it handles the comedy aspect, not so deliberate in it's execution, a lingering feel to it, it's almost always there. Kind of reminded me of Miss Kuroitsu from the Monster Development Department. Really enjoyable start. Some good juxtaposition with the surreal setting and the somewhat serious overtone.

Apr 8, 2023 3:17 AM

May 2018
Bl4ckD3vil said:
1º: If it get the Gainax /Trigger way of craziness and action, i'll love it
2º: It gave me the will to start an otaku revolution
3º: Saya Hiyama mentioned!!!!

I didn't even noticed my beloved saya
Apr 8, 2023 3:36 AM
Oct 2017
was so exited for its release and it did not disappoint, to me it was soooo good
Apr 8, 2023 3:42 AM

Aug 2022
this feels straight up like an old adult swim show

this is either gonna flop or go hard as fuck, no in between. here's hopin it's the latter, it seems so stylish and fun

if nothing else, it's already snagged OP of the season, easily. ain't no competing with that shit

"86 part one is far better than part two and one of the most masterfully told stories i have ever seen" -bocchi 'the rock' johnson

real quote. she said it not me
Apr 8, 2023 4:54 AM

Mar 2019
this was the weirdest shit ever to watch this season
don't know if i want to even list it in my profile i literally have no opinion whatsoever about this one
so fkn weird man 
Apr 8, 2023 5:06 AM

Oct 2016
Holy shit, what in a non-trigger made trigger looking ass show did I just watch, whatever it was, I like it.

The episode itself was already a fever dream, then the OP went even further lmao. 

This season really has a lot of batshit insane shows, I love it.
Apr 8, 2023 5:33 AM

Feb 2019
KANLen09 said:
Remember Lerche's Fall 2021 show Gyakuten Sekai no Denchi Shoujo a.k.a Rumble Garanndoll? The same premise reused 1.5 years later, but with magical girls.
I hope this one is better, as that one I dropped.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Apr 8, 2023 6:01 AM
Aug 2013
Ugh, that's what I get for not reading the synopsis before I watch the first episode. This wasn't for me. I want more magical girls, whether it's fluffy kid shows or dark deconstructions - but not like this one. Not saying it's a bad show, just not at all my cup of tea, so I won't continue watching. Some mentioned it having Trigger and Gainax vibes, and I can definitely seen that. I don't like Trigger anime and I don't like FLCL, and this felt like something along that line. Probably a great one for the right audience.
Apr 8, 2023 6:25 AM

Apr 2017
Where the hell this came from, what is this 

I wasn't expecting any of it and then the OP came and 

What the hell, what is this, what's happening
Apr 8, 2023 6:33 AM

Sep 2017
First episode was all over the place but I loved it.
Good
Apr 8, 2023 7:12 AM

Jul 2020
wow the ED is so trippy, I loved it
expecting to get some good laughs out of this show
Apr 8, 2023 8:15 AM
Aug 2017
This was sure was a chaotic fever dream. I love it.
Apr 8, 2023 9:35 AM

Feb 2022
Idk what I just watched but I'm here for it ๐Ÿ˜‚
I Love LOVEEEE the ending ED ๐Ÿ’—
Baka-N3k0Apr 8, 2023 9:39 AM
๐Ÿ’€๐‘€๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’, ๐ผ'๐“‚ ๐น๐‘’๐“‡๐’ถ๐“๐Ÿ’€

Apr 8, 2023 9:47 AM
Apr 2021
Ok what in the FUCK did I just watch???? I hopped in this thinking it was gonna a good original anime but this is SOOOOO original bc I ain’t even know what’s going on or why that evil government or whatever is taking Otaku’s to kill or why this show is focused on otaku’s๐Ÿ˜ญIk they’re gonna give more information about the world and shit like that as the episodes continue to air but damn is this one interesting ass show

The animation is fucking nuts at some points I wasn’t expecting this kind of quality of animation tbh especially when Anarchy transformed Sailor Moon style๐Ÿ˜ฎ‍๐Ÿ’จ

Lastly Im sticking with this show bc the guy who voices Otaku hero also voices Saitama and Taiju from Dr Stone and the voice actor who voices Anarchy is Fairouz Ai my fav VA who voices Power from CSM and Delta from Eminence in Shadow๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ”ฅ
Apr 8, 2023 9:58 AM
Jul 2019
BlichoBoy said:
The first minutes made me thought would have some, Japanese natality thingy, or gentrification, luckily didn't. And was Japanese government infected by OwO virus.

Good to know that Pipimi got a new job, as Blue.

Until you mentioned it, I decided to look at the VA's of the characters for this anime and...
1. No wonder Anarchy sound familiar cuz apparently she's the VA of Power from Chainsaw Man
2. The VA of Pink is apparently gonna be the same VA of Amiya from Arknights(where's my dokta at?)

and last but not least
3. Hm. So the VA of Blue is the same VA of Kasumi from Bandori-
So from voicing top notch music band character to voicing an "apparently lewd" character- gosh, I can't wait for how this will turn Out LMAO XD

Will definitely continue watching this and see where this pans out xD
Apr 8, 2023 10:00 AM

Aug 2020
As crazy ep 1 as akiba maid wars in fall, looks completely stupid and dumb so I wonder how this all of it gonna play put by the end and what this show trying to do.
Apr 8, 2023 10:18 AM

Apr 2018
I'll give this one a try purely because of the opening. It's quite color and the characters look funny. It's worth the watch for now.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 8, 2023 12:18 PM

Nov 2012
tha fugg did I just watch?
wouldn't mind a black tee like the otaku flag
Apr 8, 2023 1:25 PM
Sep 2018
This show is pure stupid but entertaining, relateable as an otaku, gives me “konosuba, Last Of Us and Gintama” vibes and gave me a few amount of chuckles. Hope to continue with this as it has been in my to-watch
Apr 8, 2023 2:59 PM

Mar 2021
bro this opening is "don't let them know your next move" at next level
Apr 8, 2023 3:29 PM

Oct 2020
Honestly that was peak.
Apr 8, 2023 9:40 PM

Nov 2021
Silliest show of the season right here

Apr 8, 2023 10:10 PM

May 2018
That was weird ngl, and I'm not entirely sure if this is a parody or something else, but it's interesting to know this is actually based on real historical events. Either way, props for being creative I guess, it was a decent episode, and in general I like how it looks. It felt all over the place tho, a bit of a mess. 

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 8, 2023 10:13 PM

Apr 2022
great first episode, i can't belive this is rated as low as it is.
gave me serious gainax vibes like FLCL. music and animation absolutely delivered and it was just wacky fun.
the opening was amazing as well, really unique, looking forward to the rest of this show! 
Apr 9, 2023 1:17 AM

Aug 2020
Viva La Revolucion! Viva Otaku!

I kinda thought this show was going to be another edgy Madoka clone but I'm glad it isn't. Actually a pretty decent start.

ใ€Œ ๐•‚๐•–๐•ช ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•’๐•ฅ ๐•™๐•š๐••๐•–๐•ค ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•—๐• ๐•ฃ๐•”๐•–๐•ค ๐• ๐•— ๐••๐•’๐•ฃ๐•œ๐•Ÿ๐•–๐•ค๐•ค, ๐•ค๐•™๐• ๐•จ ๐•ž๐•– ๐•ช๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ฃ ๐•ฅ๐•ฃ๐•ฆ๐•– ๐•—๐• ๐•ฃ๐•ž ใ€

Apr 9, 2023 1:35 AM

Aug 2022
This reminds me of FLCL big time
Apr 9, 2023 6:50 AM

Oct 2010
Do I like Trigger, Gainax and crazy shows? Yes, I do.
But this one is a flop. Counterfeit. Pretending bEiNg cRaZY while being utterly G*E*N*E*R*I*C and shallow. Sad. Very sad.
P.S. MC voice is the most non-moe gap I've ever heard.
Apr 9, 2023 8:35 AM

Jul 2021
Oooooo I fucking knew a show inspired by madoka and dokuro-chan would result in something similar to kill la kill. Im getting some Panty and Stocking vibes too, especially with Blue. She's got Panty's SLUTTTT and her design reminds me of Stocking's. I've dubbed this show Power as a Magical Girl. I'm so glad the madoka clone era is now over
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2023

52 by bluntaba_sakura »»
May 6, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2023

91 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 28, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2023

99 by MrGthBauglir »»
Apr 20, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2023

50 by owonism »»
Feb 9, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2023

48 by owonism »»
Feb 9, 4:50 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.