Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2023 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Finally some peace after all the drama and fighting lately. Hyouma's reaction was kinda priceless this episode though. It's like something is bothering him after all this drama.

Botan and his relationship is going well though, much as expected. Unfortunately, this episode still had disruption of peace as Hyouma gets into yet another fight. Seriously, it's a recurring trend that he can't ever catch a break.
Mar 20, 2023 10:27 AM

Jul 2017
A clothes mail-order from the Kyoto Saenome for Hyoma, and Tsubaki is there as well to get hers, though giving both him and Botan a run for their money as customers purchasing "living" tsukumogami clothing. from the hand-woven tsukumogami Hata. The test though, it pretty much comes down to compatibility, and as hard as it seems, Hyoma is getting more reassured that the tsukumogami he's wearing will aid him better in fights going forward. On the account of the Nagatsukis, both Tsubaki and Kadomori have different perceptions of her, so that's that.

School life is growing for Botan, but as expected, trouble comes brewing at Hyoma's door, trapped by a strong tsukumogami: Kai. the suit of armour. And Itsuki is its protector, which Nagi tries to intervene, but will face her if he does so.

Hyoma's in a test of magnitude that he could've ever hope to come out of...will he?
Mar 20, 2023 10:33 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
When alcohol's involved guess even spirits will get drunk. Its funny seeing Botan's reaction to how familar Tsubaki is with Hyoma. The clothe's shop that they visited sure was pretty well stocked. The Hyoma variant of the test really was pretty unique to him though i'll say. Still quite the rival that Botan ended up finding for Hyoma's heart. Club recruitment week is always a fun time. But what a moment Kai chose to ambush Hyoma in though. Figured that Kai would step in sooner or later but this was far more sudden than i thought.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2023 10:45 AM

Feb 2019
Lol tsubaki declaring war on botan! She better make her move quick if she don’t wanna lose hyoma đź‘€

Kai v Hyoma, been wanting to see this matchup for a while. Knew he wouldn’t stay on the sidelines too long.
Mar 20, 2023 11:52 AM

Oct 2017
It's good that Hyoma finally got some armor. With how much he gets injured this'll be great for him. Tsubaki and Botan finally met, that was fun. Kai came to fight Hyoma, I hope Hyoma will be okay.
Mar 20, 2023 1:19 PM

Dec 2018
fighting the cloth was hilarious. i might have missed something but who the heck were those guys?
Mar 20, 2023 5:02 PM
Aug 2020
Started with a smile, quiet, damn everything change.
At the end, it was a good episode with everything that we need to have a good time…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Mar 20, 2023 5:45 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
not saying its anything amazing but why is the score so low? i mean, its definitely less generic than most of the season
Mar 20, 2023 6:42 PM

Apr 2022
tsubaki pretty straightforward with botan, damnnn. 
itsuki and lord kai pulled up on hyouma. it's finally over next week.
Mar 20, 2023 7:22 PM

May 2014
EcchiGodMamster said:
not saying its anything amazing but why is the score so low? i mean, its definitely less generic than most of the season
Mystery of the season...
Mar 20, 2023 8:25 PM
Jan 2017
Another solid episode. Botan and Hyoma showing their growing friendship. Tsubaki honorably telling Botan that she is after our MC. And another interesting bit of the tsukogami world. A "free" pair of the yokai that run a business, for those in the know.
Mar 20, 2023 10:32 PM
May 2017
Pretty good episode all around. Funny scenes, action scenes, light hearted scenes and then Kai and Itsuki come out of nowhere to fight Hyoma. I'm not surprised Hyoma is getting low diffed. This is like an mmorpg where lvl 25 goes exploring too far and ends up going up against a lvl 90 world boss. No chance in hell I think

4/5 episode
Mar 21, 2023 9:59 AM

Aug 2019
This was another cute and funny episode, with a bit of a fight towards the end!

I have to wonder where this is going though. This really hasn't been going in the direction I thought it would a few episodes ago. Not that that's a bad thing ofc, it's just different from what I was expecting

Looking forward to the last episode, and maybe another season?
Mar 21, 2023 5:07 PM

May 2019
This was one of my favorite episodes so far for this series. It's funny how Tsubaki straight up told Botan that she's going after Hyouma and is not losing to her lol (I'm honestly not sure if she's doing that to help push her though).

Towards the end Botan was thinking hopefully Hyouma hasn't gotten himself mixed up into something again and one of the great tsukumogamis, Kai, has decided to check out what Hyouma is capable so Botan's hunch was incorrect. I'm assuming that Kai is simply testing Hyouma and does not intend on killing him...
Mar 21, 2023 6:09 PM

Apr 2011
StateofOhayo said:
fighting the cloth was hilarious. i might have missed something but who the heck were those guys?
Kai and Itsuki showed up a few episodes back when Haori and Kushige spent a day or two drinking with them.

I'm really interested in seeing Itsuki's fighting style. She has to be strong to contain Kai but given her vessel you'd think she's more of a support than a fighter.

Also next week is the finale and I'm stressed lol
Mar 22, 2023 10:38 AM
Apr 2020
Man, I have to say that I'm really really NOT invested in the romance between Hyouma and Botan. For me it looks like there is just romance because the plot/set up demands it...The first few episodes were more about Hyoumas relationships with the tsukumogami (what I found interesting and want to see more of) but Botan was mostly absent. Then came the whole potential arranged marriage thing (a boring and lazy way to kickstart a romance imo) and now I have to care?

Don't get me wrong. Botans place in the story, her circumstances and potential for the future is top and I'm all here for it. She is very likeable. But the romance is lazy and I'm not interested, and it doesn't help that Botan suffers from being very "main girl"-like.
Mar 24, 2023 4:56 AM

Oct 2008
so Hyouma is just an amusement to the one of the strongest Tsukumogami huh...
seems like a coptcat of JJK's domain expansion huh...hmmmmm
5/5.

Apr 2, 2023 11:06 AM

Sep 2012
Juicyfruit_se said:
Man, I have to say that I'm really really NOT invested in the romance between Hyouma and Botan. For me it looks like there is just romance because the plot/set up demands it...The first few episodes were more about Hyoumas relationships with the tsukumogami (what I found interesting and want to see more of) but Botan was mostly absent. Then came the whole potential arranged marriage thing (a boring and lazy way to kickstart a romance imo) and now I have to care?

Don't get me wrong. Botans place in the story, her circumstances and potential for the future is top and I'm all here for it. She is very likeable. But the romance is lazy and I'm not interested, and it doesn't help that Botan suffers from being very "main girl"-like.

All romance in anime happen because the plot demands it. So I don’t get that argument and I don’t see how the romance is lazy. It has very interesting setup where Botan’s tsukumogami are originally wedding objects so they have their motivations, and their objective is to find Botan a suitable husband. You see two people with opposite views start to bond with one another and the enjoyable chemistry between them. They both help change each other so it’s very easy how love can blossom especially with people pushing them to be a couple.
Apr 2, 2023 11:50 AM
Apr 2020
FlamingMangos said:
Juicyfruit_se said:

All romance in anime happen because the plot demands it. So I don’t get that argument and I don’t see how the romance is lazy. It has very interesting setup where Botan’s tsukumogami are originally wedding objects so they have their motivations, and their objective is to find Botan a suitable husband. You see two people with opposite views start to bond with one another and the enjoyable chemistry between them. They both help change each other so it’s very easy how love can blossom especially with people pushing them to be a couple.

Well yes, everything in a story is plot, I guess. But what I mean is that it doesn't feel earned, there was no work put in for me to care before we already started to hit the romcom tropes that usually come a little bit later. They basically told us "they will marry in the future" and then went on to say "isn't their romance sooo cute?" before we even got one? 

It's not like I disagree with you on the set up for the story and romance, but then I do want to actually see how they start liking each other and why, but that's almost our starting point.
But they are strangers, never met. In real time we are still in the beginning days/couple of weeks, right? And they kinda don't really spend that much time with each other. And when they are MADE to spend time, it's already presented as both being interested or smth.

Maybe I want too much for a romantic storyline in a non romance anime. 
Apr 2, 2023 1:20 PM

Sep 2012
Juicyfruit_se said:
FlamingMangos said:

Well yes, everything in a story is plot, I guess. But what I mean is that it doesn't feel earned, there was no work put in for me to care before we already started to hit the romcom tropes that usually come a little bit later. They basically told us "they will marry in the future" and then went on to say "isn't their romance sooo cute?" before we even got one? 

It's not like I disagree with you on the set up for the story and romance, but then I do want to actually see how they start liking each other and why, but that's almost our starting point.
But they are strangers, never met. In real time we are still in the beginning days/couple of weeks, right? And they kinda don't really spend that much time with each other. And when they are MADE to spend time, it's already presented as both being interested or smth.

I consume primarily romance content and I still don’t understand your issue. From the beginning they were told of a potential marriage. With that in mind and how they’re both young, inexperienced with love, and the opposite sex. Things will of course become more awkward for them especially when the people around them are constantly teasing them. You then start to see as they interact with another, that they support each other well which is showing development. You get even more by the end of episode 12. They are helping each other change for the better and if that’s not a good reason to like someone then I don’t know what is.
Apr 2, 2023 3:20 PM
Apr 2020
FlamingMangos said:
Juicyfruit_se said:

I consume primarily romance content and I still don’t understand your issue.  From the beginning they were told of a potential marriage. With that in mind and how they’re both young, inexperienced with love, and the opposite sex. Things will of course become more awkward for them especially when the people around them are constantly teasing them. You then start to see as they interact with another, that they support each other well which is showing development. You get even more by the end of episode 12. They are helping each other change for the better and if that’s not a good reason to like someone then I don’t know what is.

hmmm...maybe I'm just not feeling it. Sometimes it clicks, sometimes not. I'm also principally not a fan of "arranged marriage" types of storylines in modern times. In historical drama pieces it would reflect the times at least and then the story tellers try to also comment on that concept. I don't know why, but in otaku media they kinda often go the same route for stories set in modern times and I find it hard to believe or relate, especially if they spend next to no time on the characters bewilderment for that arrangement.

And that they are young and awkward would still hold true even w/o the potential marriage. The tsukumogami could still be part of the wedding set, nothing would really have to change. In my opinion it's just a cheap way to kickstart a romance. The others putting thoughts in their heads explains of course the accelerated awkwardness, but it also somewhat takes away their own part and agency in the romance. 

Apr 12, 2023 9:30 AM
Mar 2023
weak mc , looks so powerfull.
Aug 28, 2023 8:30 PM

Apr 2016
So there's something about Botan, uh.
Nov 11, 2023 4:30 AM
Aug 2022
Finallyyyy... The beast is unleashed. Kai is the only saving grace to this shojo romance show.
Nice episode. Though I'm not happy about he will eventually be suppressed by the mc and his ridiculous hula hoops.
Feb 6, 1:17 AM

Oct 2022
Well, seems at least one girl is open about what she wants...and that she isn't going to call it quits just because of one not positive encounter
UndefeatedBahamut

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mononogatari Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2023

32 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 8, 5:10 AM

Poll: » Mononogatari Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2023

15 by vadoyager7 »»
Jan 27, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Mononogatari Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2023

22 by vadoyager7 »»
Jan 24, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Mononogatari Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2023

18 by vadoyager7 »»
Jan 20, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Mononogatari Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2023

32 by vadoyager7 »»
Jan 18, 12:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.