Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2023 3:23 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This didn't feel like a season finale, and there are still plenty of plot threads left unresolved, but at least there was an end credit scene that confirmed production of the movie which was teased in the previous season, and the movie should fill in a bunch of those gaps.

The main purpose of this season really can be summed up as a teaser to the movie (which will likely be about Seven returning to the island to fight White Fox) and developing Green Phoenix as a character. To which they did both pretty well. Green Phoenix especially became one of my favorite characters of this show. I kind of wanted Thirteen to be the one to kill Spider Lily, but Green Phoenix doing the deed works too, and perhaps she's not actually dead yet (we will see).

Some highlights of this last episode were finding out that the shadow organization's leader used Stan technology as a bodyguard (which can be a great plot point for later seasons), Green Phoenix's backstory, and his relationship with Thirteen alongside his sacrifice.

While this season was fun and had some great episodes, I feel like this was easily the weakest season so far. It lacked direction to deliver a cohesive narrative for this season and just felt like they were just making episodes randomly without thinking on how to properly format those episodes into a single season.

Despite that, it was still great and I can't wait for more!
anime-primeMar 15, 2023 1:34 PM
Mar 15, 2023 1:32 PM

Oct 2017
anime-prime said:
While this season was fun and had some great episodes, I feel like this was easily the weakest season so far. It lacked direction to deliver a cohesive narrative for this season and just felt like they were just making episodes randomly without thinking on how to properly format those episodes into a single season.
Agree with you, this must be the weakest season so far. Although the action & storytelling were still engaging and amazing as always, the overall of this show feels very not cohesive. I have no issue with some cliffhangers, but at least give us some outcomes out of the many side stories. There are way too many of them this season and no conclusive ending at all. The events e.g. Redtooth's return to the island, the missing Chairman Jiang, the death (?) of Green Phoenix or Seven's pending inner conflict are fizzled out with any result. This is why this season, at least for me, feels much less satisfying than the previous ones. 

Mar 15, 2023 1:41 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Ke8 said:
Agree with you, this must be the weakest season so far. Although the action & storytelling were still engaging and amazing as always, the overall of this show feels very not cohesive. I have no issue with some cliffhangers, but at least give us some outcomes out of the many side stories. There are way too many of them this season and no conclusive ending at all. The events e.g. Redtooth's return to the island, the missing Chairman Jiang, the death (?) of Green Phoenix or Seven's pending inner conflict are fizzled out with any result. This is why this season, at least for me, feels much less satisfying than the previous ones. 

There are rumors of an extra OVA episode getting announced this weekend, so that OVA might also resolve some of the cliffhangers. Though even if the OVA news is legit, it could very well be a prequel or another side story instead of a continuation of one of this season's storylines, so we'll have to wait and see.
Mar 16, 2023 2:52 AM

Apr 2020
Could have been better. 
Easily the weakest season of them all imo. 
It was still good though.
7/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 21, 2023 6:37 PM
Mar 2019
So many back stories held the main storyline from going forward, not complaining though.
Shame this only gets 10 episodes when most Donghua get endless.
Mar 23, 2023 11:36 AM

Sep 2017
Can anyone tell me name of the OST played at the ending ?
Mar 24, 2023 5:13 AM
Apr 2015
I think its this one at the end of 10th episode :)

anime-primeMar 24, 2023 5:22 AM
Mar 24, 2023 5:20 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
@Ankithadam The above post provided that specific ED.
Mar 31, 2023 6:28 AM
Jul 2021
loved it and the quality is only going up. But the lack of an actual ending to the season does hurt it. Even in my rating the ending is one point. Hence the lack of one the show that could have been a 9 is only an 8. Besides that it was another great season
Jun 1, 2023 9:12 AM

Jun 2021
Still loved it despite some lax. It ended on a cliffhanger again. I'm looking forward to the movie.
Jun 17, 2023 10:49 AM

Dec 2008
Phew. I feel exhausted after marathoning this season. It may not have been the greatest season but it was so  watchable. I loved the music too, it just worked so well with the atmosphere. The movie could really turn out to be a masterpiece assuming they use the same production values and wrap everything up into a nice neat package with a happy ending.  Scissor Seven has been an amazing series, and I look forward to more of the same. 
May the Uguu be with you.

Sep 18, 2023 7:35 AM
Mar 2021
Ma boy 7 ain’t entered yet… Havoc’s bout to fall upon the assassins 🗿🗿
Nov 15, 2023 6:34 AM

Nov 2012
Great ending to the season, I defo suspected this as soon as I saw the emosh ED with 13 and Green Phoenix

Agree it wasn't as strong as some of the other seasons, maybe due to seeing less of 7 and Dai Bo this time, but I guess it was needed for the narrative. It wasn't a weak season either, still so good, just that I enjoyed the others more.

Still think it's a 10/10 under rated masterpiece overall. Can't wait for the movie and whatever else comes next for this awesome anime!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Mar 15, 7:51 AM

May 2021
These seasons always ending randomly on cliff hangers
Inhales oxygen
Mar 24, 9:25 PM

May 2019
The weakest season due the "fillers" in the middle (the flashbacks of minor characters were totally disposable), but the end saved it.

The annoying bit** is dead, and maybe 13 master as well.

Hope China keep this series till the end, cause its really good.
Apr 10, 10:27 AM

Jan 2017
Really enjoyed this season, loved the way they fleshed out other characters. Can't wait for the movie and possible another season.
“A detective who corners a culprit with their reasoning and drives them to suicide in front of himself – is no different than a murderer.”
– Shinichi Kudo

More topics from this board

» SEASON 5

otakuweek - Apr 25

4 by bboy_OatsnRice »»
Apr 25, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Wu Liuqi: Anying Suming Episode 6 Discussion

anime-prime - Feb 15, 2023

8 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 30, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Wu Liuqi: Anying Suming Episode 4 Discussion

anime-prime - Feb 3, 2023

5 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Wu Liuqi: Anying Suming Episode 9 Discussion

anime-prime - Mar 8, 2023

6 by Karva1 »»
Mar 15, 7:43 AM

Poll: » Wu Liuqi: Anying Suming Episode 2 Discussion

anime-prime - Jan 18, 2023

12 by Karva1 »»
Mar 15, 6:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.