Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 13, 2008 6:08 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really enjoyed seeing everyone who become a friend of Tenma, plus those who were his patients, reacting to his arrest and try to do something to get him out =)
Also, I think that it will be Runge, who will free Tenma (would be really interesting to see those two work together =P).
Jul 20, 2008 2:42 PM

May 2007
I was thinking the same. Runge seems to be seeing into the light of the situation but I guess I'll find out what happens.
Aug 26, 2008 7:17 PM

Jun 2008
just how he will get out from this situation
Dec 28, 2008 2:46 PM

Jun 2008
I imagine Johann or Runge will help him.

When is Eva going to die? She needs to get the fuck over that....it was FIFTY episodes ago...
Apr 4, 2009 6:25 AM

Jul 2008
What does Eva mean by her being the only one who can save Tenma? And at least Runge is starting to get that head of his atop his shoulders.
Apr 30, 2009 3:11 AM

Apr 2009
yakyuu-addict, Eva saw Johann when he killed that hacker guy.

Kayro, I love that they all want to help him...
I really hope Tenma wll be free... Truth come out always.
Aug 13, 2009 9:51 AM

Jul 2009
So Johan is getting away with all the murders while innocent people are being arrested...why is there never any evidence, physical or otherwise, against him at murder scenes?

Also, what is that weird mansion? Where Johan and Anna were born? The picture must be their mother and maybe their father is the author of those monster books...
Feb 12, 2010 10:00 AM

Sep 2009
Wow.....
One of the best episodes in Monster.

I was quite wrong about how Johann was born and some other things in previous discussion topics. But I'll try to clear everything out now.

Runge's words to Tenma when he was walking explained us how this will end. Runge truly believes that Johan exists and that he is really hard to find. Therefore, it would be quite obvious that Runge will try to catch Johan, and save Tenma in the process, while doing so is not his priority.

The twin's mother was an aristocratic lady. And Franz Bonaparta was probably either her husband or a close relative. Now what I do not understand is why did she try to cross the border while being 15? It would be logical of she tried to do that with their children if her husband was abusing them. But now, she wasn't even pregnant. Or wait... Maybe she WAS pregnant while trying to escape to Germany. That would explain quite a lot. First of all, it would mean that either she was raped, in which case she would try to run away because of the shame, emotional trauma, etc, OR, she was impregnated on purpose, in which case she would run away know what horrible things will they do to her children when they are born. There is also a possibility that she was raped and ran away not because of shame, but because she knew her relatives and what could they to her children.

Now what is unclear to me, is what happened in that room. Runge stated that a lot of people died there. But how did he find that out? There was no blood. Smell of ethanol would give out that someone died in there. But why state that more than 20 people died. Now giving a child and such an experience, would not make him into what he is now. He had to be born genius. And if he was born genius, such manipulations like killing your relatives would not screw child's mind. It could have only been done by logical reasoning.

And lastly. The letter. Incest. I could not have imagined such a thing in Monster. Johan loved his sister. Maybe that could have been used to turn him into a monster? But look at Anna's eyes in Schuwald's memories. It was like Johan. At that time Johan already was a monster (it is probably a time when the twins and their mother escaped from the mansion and tried to live peacefully, this is proven by Anna's reactions when she entered that room few episodes back, she said someone came in and took Johan) and Anna was like him. If this is the case, then it means that Johan was taken by Bonaparta (probably?) and his monstrosity was preserved and nurtured. While Anna who was left with her mother, was turned back into a normal human being.
No sig :(
Jul 13, 2010 7:31 PM

May 2010
The tension is starting to build up again...

I think Runge will clear Tenma's name.. Might be just me but I'm thinking

Johan also to save Tenma..
Jul 18, 2010 12:48 AM

May 2008
Algirdyz said:
Wow.....
One of the best episodes in Monster.

EXACTLY what I was thinking. This is definitely one of my top 5 for best episodes ever, just fucking amazing.
Oct 17, 2010 6:16 PM

Jun 2009
That was a remarkably well done scene with Lunge at the end of the episode when he is talking to Tenma. I think he made it clear in that scene to Tenma, and the viewer, that he believes Tenma is innocent.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 15, 2010 9:38 PM

Mar 2010
well tenma has a lot of back up but there is still too many variables again to really say if runge gets it or not

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 16, 2010 4:31 PM

Sep 2009
In short: it took Runge 51 episodes to confirm the existance of a single person. Nice goin xD
Mar 4, 2011 1:00 PM
Jun 2010
hmm, getting good, really good
May 18, 2011 3:30 AM

Oct 2008
LUNGE FINALLY UNDERSTANDS AFTER 51 EPISODES. FINALFUCKINGLY!
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 23, 2011 2:42 AM

Nov 2008
waran4 said:
In short: it took Runge 51 episodes to confirm the existance of a single person. Nice goin xD

lol...Runge's annoying stubborn to the point my body cringes but I believe in my heart and soul he's finally going to be useful and not annoying...hopefully...he understands right?...RIGHT?!?
Oct 14, 2011 2:44 PM

May 2009
Lol after 51 episodes, Runge finally realises the truth behind everything.

Seriously, I would throw myself in the nearest trashcan.
Feb 18, 2012 3:32 PM

Jun 2011
nice 1 runge, tenma will escape with the other retard that faked sickness
Mar 9, 2012 1:22 AM

Mar 2009
It's always funny every time Lunge says he's on vacation.
Mar 17, 2012 2:15 PM

Mar 2010
finally runge find out........
Jun 8, 2012 6:27 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Tenma's got some backup now. Runge finally got it. Now if Eva just confessed to what she saw things would get better quickly. But then we wouldn't have such a good story.

Where's Nina and Dieter?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 14, 2012 1:02 PM

Jul 2009
lol, Runge didn't only just realize that Tenma is innocent in this episode. He hasn't been interested in Tenma for a while now. Ever since he saw Johan's dorm room in Munich and saw Schumann's reaction to Johan's name, he's cast doubt on his" multiple personality" theory and has been primarily pursuing Johan.
Sep 25, 2012 12:43 PM

Nov 2009
So much going on all at once, by the way shouldn't they have enough evidence to prove the existence of the "being" Johan, I mean not alot of physical evidence but things like Witness testimonies and interviews, like with the criminal.
Dec 18, 2012 4:36 PM

Feb 2012
Really much info.

So first Margaret seems to be in somewhere in German 1976 and was with Schuwald. Shuwald then later went to look this Margaret's friend but the friend couldn't remember her anymore.

It was also nice to hear Shuwald's and Reinchwield conversation like he told Shuwald that he founded The Three Frogs bar but couldn't found the woman. Franz Bonaparte is father of Johan and Morgot Langer is real mother of the Anna and Johan.

So Everyone is now helping Tenma to find some clues that he isn't not suspect that he is actually reliable and good people. Hopefully that plan is going to work.

So Lunge finally looked things deeply and came to conclusion that Tenma isn't suspect but Johan and now that he has basically read the love letter of the monster. He knows the truth. And hopefully he will help Tenma also. Also looks like Tenma is only person that can eliminate Johan.

5/5
Jan 29, 2013 1:35 PM

Jan 2012
Runge is really a slow learned.

Apr 13, 2013 7:38 PM

Jun 2012
There's nobody in a better position to save Tenma than Lunge. He's the only one who really has any power or influence in this situation; an elite detective who has nearly gotten himself killed trying to track Tenma down for over 10 years.

I expect to see Lunge free Tenma soon.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Apr 28, 2013 9:40 AM

Apr 2013
At last! After like 50 episodes Runge finally found out that Monster does exist.
And the word ''work'' has been replaced by ''vacation''. I think at this point the investigation of Tenmas case is now a personal thing for Runge.
May 6, 2013 2:20 PM

Oct 2012
Excellent episode! I like the way how they are connecting all together, showing fates of all important characters. Everything is converging again and this time finale would be great!
May 6, 2013 2:37 PM

Oct 2012
Mixxu said:
It was also nice to hear Shuwald's and Reinchwield conversation like he told Shuwald that he founded The Three Frogs bar but couldn't found the woman. Franz Bonaparte is father of Johan and Morgot Langer is real mother of the Anna and Johan.

You got it wrong. There were two girlfriends Helenka Novakova (who called herself Margot Langer as prostitute later) and Anna who tried to escape to Western Germany. Helenka made it, Anna was sent back. Anna lived at Three Frogs house and had two children with Franz Bonaparte (I guess she was held in Rose Mansion because she was state criminal - or her family was - and she was raped there). He fallen in love with her later and made the picture that Lunge found there. Presumably, she sent their children away to Germeny later for them to escape the real monster that was Franz himself (for some reason she couldn't leave by herself). Franz could be member of Kinderheim 511 from older time. My two cents.
Aug 21, 2013 10:23 AM
May 2012
Finally Lunge you realize it now huh now if only Lunge will help Tenma out and all those people who Tenma helped and Eva testify they can prove that Tenma is innocent and I think the author is Johann and Anna's father and their mother is the one in the picture.
Aug 26, 2013 2:15 PM

Jan 2013
I think this single episode has pushed my score for the series from a 7/10 to an 8/10. Mainly because It has started to involve the entire cast at a point where it has been really needed. A few episodes ago I felt the series was dragging and alot of major characters had disappeared completely such as Eva but now I am hoping this leads to a rise in tension again.
Oct 5, 2013 10:14 PM

Apr 2012
The way i see it, it was eva that gave them the evidence to link tenma to the crimes in the first place by saying that the tie used to tie that one guy up was his. If she says it's not his then they have nothing they can use against him.
Nov 1, 2013 12:31 AM

Jul 2009
amazing episode!

they finally showed Helenka and Schubert and how they met and separated!!!

wow so Johan really did killed Helenka and not the fake fat bitch "Margot Langer"

and wow the voice of Johan and Anna's mother is Houko Kuwashima, who also voiced the 17 year old young student doctor ^^

and where the hell is Anna and Dieter? ever since they went to the 3 frogs cafe we never saw them again O___O

Dr. Reichwein is doing well as usual!!

and lol i freaking knew the girl who is alcoholic is Eva!!

about time she showed up!!!

one they showed all the people in which Tenma helped them in one way or another.

Schumman(so he definitely married Petra huh?! congrats!), the former patients, the 17 year old upcoming doctor, even Schubert and Karl are trying to clear his name by hiring the best lawyer.

i thought they wanted to go out of country? hmm?

they're missing some other characters like Dr. Gillen, the instructor with his adoptive daughter that taught Tenma on combat skills and gun handling.

it seems Schubert knows only Tenma is capable of bringing down Johan!

lol that Dr. Becker is still alive and well!!

it seems Eva still have the photos that may prove Tenma's innocence!!

and wow Suk is off the hook! even Grimmer took the fall so that they can clear his name.

Suk you better fix this!! i wonder if Suk will see the real Anna and confuse her to the one that talked to him in the bar.

Lunge seems to have a lot of free time!! he now knows a Monster exists, but it could be Johan or even Anna herself!!

man seeing Tenma handcuff like that :(

so Anna's mother is also named Anna??!?! wtf!?!?!

could it be that Anna is really the actualy mother, since she did say she saw her "little" self waiting at the 3 frogs place.

man next episode is gonna be ace!!!! i hope Tenma escapes!

i wonder if Lunge will finally try to capture Johan and help Tenma(for saving his life due to the bullet wound) in the process?

or does he still have any grudges on him?

man i started watching this last september, i know i'm kinda slow due to my school and all, but can't believe we're almost at the end!!

the next 23 episodes is gonna be amazing as hell!!

i can't wait for the ending!!
Dec 30, 2013 5:31 PM

Sep 2011
All the main characters are starting to show up! Getting pretty exciting!
Feb 25, 2014 7:43 PM

May 2013
It's interesting that Lunge didn't interact with Tenma when he had the chance.
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Mar 8, 2014 11:40 AM

Jan 2012
It was kinda moving to see so many people who wanted to help him oO

And that damn detective finally understood and stopped (I hope) being so obsessed with tenma being the culprit...
Mar 12, 2014 3:04 AM

Oct 2013
Finally Runge knows the truth.

Apr 15, 2014 7:56 AM

Oct 2013
Congratulation o' Lunge the great detective. Finally after 51 episodes you reach the starting point
*clap* *clap* *clap*
"Burn the heretics"
May 24, 2014 2:08 AM

Apr 2012
All Lunge needed was a "vacation" to figure out that Johan exists. GRATS
Did anyone else miss Eva? I sorta did :X

Jun 8, 2014 5:09 AM

May 2013
Wow, pretty surprised that Lunge actually gets it.

Hopefully Tenma can be saved with the help of all the people he helped on his travels.

I wonder how Nina and Dieter are going to play a role in this and what Eva will do.
Jul 17, 2014 11:53 AM

Sep 2013
Just thought I'd say that this show is amazing. Only started watching a week or 2 ago but just can't stop!

One thing that came to my mind is that this 'Bonaparte' guy (probable father of the twins) could be basing his books on himself:

- The monster with no name, where it was constantly looking for a name, matches with the fact he had so many pen names. Not sure about the splitting apart bit though... maybe it relates to how he was before and after he fell in love.
- The monster who fell in love is about when he met their mother.
-The suggestion of the door that mustn't be opened could be about that door which Runge broke into. The room he killed in.

I don't know if this adds up properly as I'm not sure whether the twins were born back then, or if they all lived in that rose house, but if they did... maybe their mother and/or kids went into that room and discovered that he was this monster.
Could possibly contribute to both the mother running away and Johan becoming a monster himself.

Sorry about vomiting my thoughts into a post about an anime which ended long ago... I just had to share my theory somewhere, haha.
Sep 22, 2014 12:54 PM
Mar 2013
Hmpf it's getting really complicated, I'm so curious about the end!
Dec 30, 2014 7:32 PM

Feb 2013
Did Lunge finally see the light?! Huzzahhhh
Jan 12, 2015 1:21 PM

Nov 2011
It was nice to see Reinchwield continuing to pursue this with Shubert, as well as all of the patients and contacts of Tenma reacting to his arrest.

I'm still trying to piece together the meaning of that letter. I believe it was from Franz Bonaparta to Anna, the mother of Johan and Anna. The nature of their relationship is unclear, but I believe he is the source of Johan's nature, since he took away Johan and left Anna. If Johan hadn't been taken away, I believe he would have developed normally as a child. That might also be why Johan considers Tenma to be a "second father" of sorts; just like Bonaparta, Tenma is an excellent brain surgeon.

The question here is what happened Bonaparta and Anna (the mother). How did Johan and Anna (the child) end up alone? Also, why did Helenka and Anna try to cross the border all those years ago?

I'm glad Lunge is finally acknowledging the existence of Johan. Hopefully Tenma will take his advice.
Feb 20, 2015 5:22 PM

Mar 2013
Finally Lunge understood the truth. It's nice to see Eva again. i think Eva and Lunge will help Tenma. Those two together can clean Tenma's name.
Apr 1, 2015 7:12 PM
Nov 2014
Good to see all Tenma's old friends and patients coming back to help him.

Looks like Lunge finally know about Johan.
Apr 18, 2015 1:11 PM

May 2014
This was a really nostalgic episode. It was nice to see that the people that Tenma helped all still trust him and are willing to help him.

Eva is finally back. I was starting to wonder why she was listed as a main character.

Speaking of main characters, looks like Lunge finally believes that Johan exists, and that Tenma is innocent.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jul 21, 2015 1:57 AM

Nov 2013
Good to see the old crew back. I wonder how Lunge is going to save Tenma now he knows. Didn't really understand the importance of the letter, but I think this will receive more attention in the next couple of episodes. Eva still hasn't fixed her problems yet. I've got a weird premonition that maybe Suk is going to be a key character in finding Johan, and he may even die for this. The story is getting a lot better, and I can't wait for the next episode!
Aug 10, 2015 9:42 AM

Jul 2014
Another amazing episode. I loved seeing the return of everyone Tenma's met throughout the course of the story.

5/5
Sep 2, 2015 4:36 AM

Dec 2013
Really awesome seeing everyone's support for Tenma
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

253 by MeCuMint »»
Yesterday, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

114 by egeD19 »»
Apr 17, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

623 by Animequeen_xx »»
Apr 13, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 11, 2008

134 by Ajanokoyna »»
Apr 13, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 15, 2008

70 by Dekuforce5 »»
Apr 13, 3:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.