Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2023 8:32 AM

Nov 2011
The crew taken hostage, threatened, and intimidated...

They were also preparing to execute some characters and the situation looked pretty dark. If there's anything else dangerous on that planet, it's the humans. Liliha herself reveals her origins so that she can save the people. She's truly couragous imo.
Feb 22, 2023 11:07 AM

Mar 2016
It was cool when Ririha knew she was being baited, and a part of me wanted to see her sacrifice the kid. lol. 

This episode, we learnt more about Valghia, and I appreciate it. It makes them feel less like bad-cuz-we-need-a-villain bad. Though, I still feel the background characters can be used to add more depth.

It's interesting that Amerote sees Ririha as someone who has potential to be on her side.

Kaina being from a different place is finally starting to show more advantage than just having different technology.
Feb 22, 2023 11:40 AM

Feb 2019
Wouldn’t be a story about hiding under the enemy’s nose without a group of bandits that the main characters befriend after getting stolen from lol.

So got confirmation that amerote is indeed a former princess of a country that Valghan conquered. You could tell ever since they captured Ririha that she had a soft spot for her because she saw herself in her.

Really curious about this monster that Handagil is hiding. Wonder what type of killing machine it is.
Feb 22, 2023 11:47 AM

Mar 2020
The last two episodes have definitely been more entertaining, as there was finally some action and more meaningful progression to be had. The world-building is great, but still missing that one step to get me really invested.
Feb 22, 2023 11:53 AM

Apr 2021
Some painfully awkward/klutzy animation going on. Not an episode to highlight the strengths of 3D.
Feb 22, 2023 3:00 PM

Feb 2012
wow. really decided everyone needed to be extremely stupid this episode. :/ "weird that's not my sister" like why. couldn't think of any other way to write it???
also hitting me over the head with exposition like Blease. admiral big bad and redhead reluctant villain was already obvious. such an oh-by-the-way reveal was underwhelming and disappointing.

hope they don't keep doing this because it sucks. i'm here for sci-fantasy not bad politics™.
Feb 22, 2023 3:22 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
Welp we got the group still in Valghia trying to find a way out. One group of bandits later and a stolen necklace leads to a man hunt for Liliha who is now confirmed to be in Valghia. Using the thief kid as bait Liliha emerges to save the kid.

We also find out that Amerote is a princess from a country that Valghia destroyed. I mean she always had a soft spot for Liliha even going as to not kill her and to ask her to join her side on Valghia. 

That string as well has gotta be the strongest string I've seen.

The group of thieves were actually residents of another country but are now survivors from the country which has since been destroyed by Valghia. Hope arises with the massive orbital spire tree that was a folk tale but is in fact actually real, confirmed by Kaina.

Cliff-hanger at the end with the soldiers right outside the thieves hideout!!

I can already sense a cliff-hanger to end the season as well. 

Feb 22, 2023 3:57 PM
Jul 2015
Well, these main characters pissed me off. I think the only reason why I’m still watching this series is because of Rieri.
Feb 22, 2023 6:31 PM

Nov 2010
As usual, the plot develops unnaturally.
As usual, the episode ends abruptly.
Feb 23, 2023 2:36 AM
Oct 2020
It really can’t be understated how great the world of this story is we learn so much just from the visuals alone. With this and Hikari no Ou, we might start seeing more fantasy stories like the fantasy anime from the 90s and 80s. Ones that have unique worlds unlike a majority of isekai we get these days.

Valghia seems like a really shitty place to live. It’s exactly what I excepted such an authoritative place to look like. The living conditions are rough for everyone, I wonder how the people who rule it live, if they’re suffering just as much, or living in luxury.

Ririha gets a great moment this episode by knowingly taking the bait and still not getting caught.

Also I just noticed Amerote’s helmet makes her look like a cat when she’s showing her face. That’s cute.
Feb 23, 2023 2:48 AM

Jul 2016
off-season said:
Some painfully awkward/klutzy animation going on. Not an episode to highlight the strengths of 3D.

The scenic 3d in this show is amazing but the people are not great.
Feb 23, 2023 3:29 AM
Mar 2018
The concept design for this story is amazing. And the scenic design is awesome as well. But man, did they screw up the details of the plot. There's a ton that doesn't make sense in this episode. It's like someone wrote a summary of things that have to happen ("the group sneaks into the slums, bandits rob them, but the bandits are actually nice" etc.) and then they couldn't figure out how to put that into long enough scenes. Just to mention a few flaws:

• There is no way they could've avoided been seen in the start of the episode, with no cover and so many people about.
  • There is no way nobody would notice them walking around and report it to the guards. It's not like new people are a common occurrence, and they certainly stand out as alien.
  • There is no way they would be so slow at protecting their gear after the girl (very awkwardly and slowly) steals the necklace.
  • There is no way they would be so lame at running after their gear - dudes, your lives literally may depend on it. Don't just say "oh" "uh" "ah" "hey" in bewilderment and let the thieves run away.
  • There is no way they wouldn't immediately realise what was going on once the soldiers announced the princess' execution.
  • Oh hey, these are the thieves that stole our precious irreplaceable gear. Hi, how you're doing? Did you figure out how to fire the crossbow yet? Nice view of your sister being killed from here, isn't it?
  • When did Kaina and the princess develop telepathic abilities?
  • Oh look, a guy jumped after the princess. Those other people holding the wire cartridge? Oh they're not suspicious at all.
  • You saved my sister, now we're forever indebted to you and are best friends. We'll literally risk our lives for you. Oh and food? We've got plenty, of course. It's just water we don't have. Right?
  • Etc.

Like, suspension of disbelief only goes so far. I really like the characters, but they aren't behaving like people would. At all. That annoys me so much.

Anyway, hope things get back on track next episode.
Feb 23, 2023 6:10 AM

Jul 2017
The mobile fortress nation in need of water, Valghia is a sorry state of a city feeding its people through water rations.

Ririha, Kaina and Yaona looking for a way out of Valghia, and having their items stolen without time to digest what's going on, kindness isn't a virtue here. The notice about the execution of the Princess of Atland has the people excited, though it's the same kid that stole Ririha's necklace and had gotten herself mixed up in the conflict. Clearly, they're using this as bait to lure Ririha out, which to save Chiru, she would sacrifice herself in the process.

The Black Widow of Valghia Amelothee challenging Ririha of her resolve, and this is easily the most darling that she has ever been for Noze to save them out of their trouble, temporarily shielding them in the Skull Brotherhood's hideout. The meritocracy nation which people rise up the ranks, and as Noze and Chiru understands more about the Canopy, the sage of mystery and the great spire tree from Kaina, it's just as a living myth only until proven otherwise.

The Valghia soldiers live and smell traitors, and the band of people are close. Is escape inevitable...?
Feb 23, 2023 12:49 PM

May 2019
Another suspenseful episode and ending with another cliffhanger. Liliha does have guts to purposefully show herself and also to jump off the bridge. The reveal that Amerote was also a princess explains why she has shown some admiration towards Liliha, nice surprise there.

With the guards at the bandits' hideout I wonder how they will escape this? My guess is they will find some nooks and crannies to hide and eventually hijack a boat.
Feb 23, 2023 1:13 PM
Apr 2022
Yeo this show is absolute gang ish I'm totally loving it. It definitely gives me movie vibes. Also this episode gave me major Dragon age 2 vibes at the port idk I just really dig it. Sick episode ad sick show I think it deserves a higher score. Definitely an awesome winter show when the weathers chilly feel me. Good stuff. 
Feb 24, 2023 10:33 AM
Feb 2021
damn, the writing is really weak in this show, as weak as my english
Feb 24, 2023 5:27 PM
Aug 2018
Getting to see the dire conditions of Valghia and a goal to find the Great Spire Tree. I can't get enough of the world-building.
Feb 25, 2023 2:27 AM
Mar 2010
Absolutely stupid chain of events, an insult to the intelligence of the viewers. Worst episode yet, drop-worthy even.
excalibur977436Feb 25, 2023 2:33 AM
Feb 27, 2023 1:15 AM

Oct 2017
They finally have some hope but how are they gonna convince valghia.
Feb 28, 2023 6:10 PM
Oct 2019
Ohh little hint about Amerote identity?

It's obviously the real problem from Valghia is the Admiral.
If somehow they took him out, maybe they can solve things out peacefully.

And why they end the episode like that? lol
Mar 1, 2023 12:58 AM

Apr 2008
It's kind of odd for a series that puts a lot of stake into complex worldbuilding to drop the ball with the character designs of Valghia. We're supposed to believe that the peasants inside are just getting by and are suffering enough to steal and lie and cheat to have a chance at survival. So why does every Valghian look perfectly healthy? Why are they wearing immaculate clothes? Where's the dirt and grime and tatters on their clothing? Or the fatigue and dust on their faces? Valghians don't look like a starving populace eeking out survival, they look like prim folk going out for a stroll while shopping. 

I speculate that in the 3D modeling process, production found it easier and cheaper to just mass-model most outfits and characters rather than take the time to individualize each. This corner cutting easily leads to the glossy and clean look of everyone and comes off as very jarring to the setting of the city. Trigun Stampede sadly suffers from the same issue, where immaculately clean 3D modeling has none of the reality of life to it. This is especially so in Trigun's case considering the bleak and very detailed character and world design that we saw in the original 90s animation. Kaina could do better as it really breaks the immersion.
Mar 2, 2023 4:50 AM

Jan 2014
OMG I gotta say that this was just too bad to watch. Like I know that some people are dumb and stuff but please at the very least make it believable! The three of them just went full "dumb-dumb" mode I dropped this by the time they decided to attend the execution of the supposed princess just like that, not even hiding.
Mar 3, 2023 3:53 PM

Mar 2010
I simply enjoyed the princesses outfit she really rockn them high heeled boots

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 25, 2023 7:07 PM

Jan 2017
How did the soldiers never saw the string that Yaona held on to save both Kaina and Ririha, especially when it's shown that he brought them up from a lower level than the elevated bridge he was initially on
Mar 28, 2023 10:27 PM

Jul 2016
knew there was something up about amerote's identity, that she wasn't always valghian (if that was what it was called). maybe since the first appearance. i want to hear more about her country's surrender. 
Sep 13, 2023 6:44 PM

Dec 2022
Why did Ririha interrupt that idiotic kid's execution? Ririha does mention that if they executed the ginger girl, then "the entire Snow Sea would learn of Valghia's incompetence", but how would this happen? Who would spread the message in a closed, floating city? Why would it matter when Valghia is so powerful? Wouldn't their execution of a messenger already cause the rest of the Snow Sea to vilify them, along with everything else Valghia has done? How is the kid "innocent" when she already revealed herself to be a thief and a criminal, and thus the opposite of innocent?

I know the obvious reason is because Ririha is a saint and only wanted to cause a distraction to spare the kid, but this blind goodwill directed towards those who don't deserve it always frustrated me. She risked the lives of a friend and her brother over a thief she never even spoke with.

Archean-ReturnNov 27, 2023 5:43 AM

Shaded Horizon

Dec 18, 2023 5:09 AM

Apr 2021
They talk a lot about this giant tree, well I hope they can escape, the siege is closing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ooyukiumi no Kaina Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2023

60 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 20, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Ooyukiumi no Kaina Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2023

32 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 11, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Ooyukiumi no Kaina Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2023

26 by _Entropy »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Ooyukiumi no Kaina Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2023

23 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 4, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Ooyukiumi no Kaina Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

29 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 10, 2023 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.