Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2023 1:44 AM

Mar 2015
time for redemption! 
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 20, 2023 2:31 AM

Mar 2021
“No matter what line they’ve crossed, they’re still human” fucking lmao this is almost as bad as “thank you for becoming a mass murderer for our sake”

Yet another fakeout death yay

Jan 20, 2023 4:44 AM

May 2020
Okay let's see.. Gentle criminal is back, Nagant lady is back, so... anyone else??? ANYONE who even made a single panel cameo some 300 chapters ago??

This is your chance, so get on the train before Deku-sama gets serious and obliterates every single being carrying the DNA of a villain.
Jan 20, 2023 5:25 AM
Feb 2022
Damn now'it's just boring
Even the entry of gentle was lackluster with love and shit.
Jan 20, 2023 5:40 AM

Jan 2009
holy shit Lady Nagant and Gentle are back

basically "old enemies become allies or heroes" trope or formula

so i expect Overhaul to comeback too
Jan 20, 2023 5:40 AM
Jul 2017
10/10 masterclass chapter with La Brava and Gentle (and his redemption arc) coming full circle.

How he decided to capture the jailbreakers and not escape himself was great. Although, I wish we had a hint that 1 jail had a villain who decided to be good. that would have been fantastic foreshadowing. Also Brava's power of love powerup works well due to the "distance makes the heart grow fond."

the zainy neko dancing and music was a little too childish, but it works well because Brava is a little girl.

Gentle using a much more powerful bounce ability on the air to save the entire UA and probably half the world at this point since we don't know shigeraki's power ceiling, when in his earlier days 1 person died because he had poor control over his abilities is a great full circle redemption arc. It highlights how someone attempting to be heroic should never be sidelined, even if they have a seemingly whack power. For example, the guy who generates a little water kept kakashi sensei redux's eyes hydrated, but outside of watering plants, he has no meaningful ability.

Lada Nagant coming in at the 11th hour, idk how to feel about that. She came in clutch, but she was supposed to be dead.

After months of garbage, this was the one of the first hype chapters that reminded me why this series had much potential back in 2015 when I picked it up.

The trope of enemies becoming friends is in full swing. Maybe Overall is probably going to make his grand return at some point. Maybe he has a redemption with the Eri? Or him a Mirio team up? Stain will jump in with Iida and will recognize Ingenium as a real hero. Rappa comes in and help Kirishima? Make the actual ultimate shield and spear combo?

Speaking of Stain, what did he give to All Might? And WHAT WAS IN ALL MIGHT's CASE? gold armor support item All Might never used? Is he going to go Iron Man on us. The gold armor was mentioned during the high school arc, which would truly make this Gentle chapter full circle. Guess he's gonna go SAINT SEIYAAAAAAAA 

Typical Americans with their jet fighters ready to blow up everyone. Hiroshima and Nagasaki PTSD in Japan is real. They're not wrong though. Although today they'd use drones.

This chapter was time exquisitely with the manga. Last manga had the prison break and the trailer for next chapter had lady nagant. The manga just had this. Genius move 
silent_lurkerJan 20, 2023 6:00 AM
Jan 20, 2023 7:15 AM

Jul 2022
A lot of random shit happening this chapter. Gentle came back (cool ig?) to save them which was like I guess nice, and now Lady Nagant too!?!? They also showed that group of students from the other school, which is funny because I just watched someone complain about the lack of characters returning in this arc. Looks like Hori is trying to shoehorn them all in at once. This should be interesting I guess, but seriously I just want to go back to Deku and Shiggy's fight...

Jan 20, 2023 8:18 AM

Mar 2021
GENTLEEEEEE. I was hoping he would return. Lady Nagant is back too so that's cool. Really enjoyed this chapter
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2023 8:33 AM

Oct 2017
Lady Nagant is back, nice.
Jan 20, 2023 10:21 AM

Jan 2014
just like I predicted, Gentle is helping the hero side. and Lady Nagant is there too.
I want to see more of Gentle fighting the villain, his power has so much potential though.

now I wonder, will we be able to see Overhaul redemption too?
Jan 20, 2023 10:33 AM
Apr 2021
i always go into reading bnha with the mindset of “time to get this out of the way.” “i’ve been a fan so long that i might as well finish what i’ve started.” that being said:

it’s chapters like these that remind me why i still love bnha.

this was HYPE. i hated the gentle/la brava mini arc but goddamn this makes it worth it!!!
Jan 20, 2023 11:56 AM

Apr 2018
Ah yes, the long and carefully planned redemption arc for all those villians. 

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 20, 2023 12:49 PM

Jun 2014
The timing lol, Lady Nagant just made her debut in the anime and then comes back into the manga story after being shafted for like 60 chapters (felt like waaaaay longer though). I guess I can stop saying she becomes irrelevant after the current anime arc. Nice to have her back. 

Also some interesting timing, the last episode of the anime just mentioned how the Tartarus jailbreak saw many escapees from 6 of the 7 prisons that were attacked. Looks like we got our answer this chapter about why there were no escapees from one of the prisons: Gentle stopped them. Guess we're getting some redemption for these villains. 

With that being said, PLEASE Hori I beg of you, do NOT try and redeem Overhaul. What that dude did/was doing to a literal child shouldn't be forgiven and then he gets a chance to right his wrongs 💀
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 20, 2023 3:09 PM
Nov 2016
Almost everyone, their dogs, and grandmas around here are bashing this chapter but I actually liked it, is it cliche with the villain redemption formula? it sure is, but it's still good IMHO. I do like Gentle Criminal and La Brava so seeing them again was nice, they are interesting villains, I don't know why they get so much hate, I like Lady Nagant too so seeing her again was nice, she's here to replace Midnight after all, you know, the hot prostitute hero that died? why did you kill her? no respect for prostitutes here, why didn't you kill Bakugo instead? huh?

And I won't be surprised if Overhaul makes a comeback, Eri will probably give him new arms and he will start wracking havoc, he does hate Shigaraki after all so it makes sense to have him attack Shigaraki instead of the heroes, and lastly, the street Ninja Stain will definitely make a comeback, he's the one I'm expecting the most, I believe that street Ninja is the key in defeating Shigaraki.
Jan 20, 2023 3:52 PM

Jan 2008
Seeing Gentle return was so heart warming.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jan 20, 2023 11:19 PM

Nov 2012
Yo I cried a little when I saw those 2 back trying to do the right thing, lets go!

My Candies:

Jan 22, 2023 3:03 AM

Dec 2020
as much as i love to see gentle and la brava again, horikoshi is really milking this. its been going on forever and the manga just needs to end. so boring now, same thing every week
Jan 22, 2023 8:24 AM

Sep 2007
kevin_video said:
Seeing Gentle return was so heart warming.

Exactly.
I always loved theses two.
And we knew from the start they were not "bad super villains" like so many others.
Jan 22, 2023 8:49 AM

Feb 2010
Love that the story keeps progressing in a direction I hoped it would kind of like Dragon Ball in which antagonists become allies. Gives me hope that Shigaraki can get a kind of Vegeta ending (survives and starts healing)
Jan 22, 2023 8:50 AM
Jul 2018
subahokke said:
as much as i love to see gentle and la brava again, horikoshi is really milking this. its been going on forever and the manga just needs to end. so boring now, same thing every week
hori is the first who wants this to end, every week he claims that some body part of his hurts or that he has nightmares of getting MHA cancelled, he's also really bad at estimating how much an arc takes that's why he thought MHA was finishing in 2022. The manga got worse as his health decreased that's why he could pull a togashi and rush the ending anytime he wants but at least he's trying to wrap every character arc in a satisfying way.
Jan 22, 2023 9:55 AM
Mar 2015
The villains are escaping Tartarus
Jan 22, 2023 10:51 AM

Jun 2014
I’m sure the 8 Gentle/La Brava fans are very happy.
Jan 22, 2023 11:37 AM

May 2010
This is such a great payoff for the seeds planted years ago. This is a series about growth and this arc has been all about redemption. From lazer guy to the villains  coming back hopefully they can save everybody. Im sure they can save shigaraki thats the main goal I hope they can save Toga from self destruction.
Jan 22, 2023 1:12 PM
Nov 2019
They're really bringing everyone back.
Jan 22, 2023 2:39 PM
Jul 2015
as not a huge my hero fan, I actually really enjoyed this chapter. I basically skipped like 2 or 3 seasons and just jumped to current a few weeks ago, but despite my lack of context gentle is one of the actual characters I remember from MHA, I was satisfied to see him back. Prob the best chapter in the past couple months.
Jan 23, 2023 6:26 AM

Dec 2021
This is just becoming the Next Naruto

How were this bottom of the barrel series even able to continue this far has astonished me
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Jan 23, 2023 7:09 AM
Jul 2018
5/5 Chapter. What a banger.

On the drawing side: MHA has never been bad, but the last couple of chapters kinda lacked the really high tier panels. This one already starts strong. This derpy/cute cat dance combined with Spectric's overacted expressions gives a good comedic touch to begin with. The parallel pics with Deku and Shigaraki also look really dope, but the chapter peaks with its double page. Gentle's smile and Deku's reaction on both him and Lady Nagant blasted me away.

Speaking of the (not do devilish) devil: My favorite MHA villain Gentle Criminal is back and hits all the right spots. Starting with the impact Deku had on him and the lesson he's gained, so much that he even stood up to the prisoners even though he was afraid, and ending with him actually being a hero and this time save someone from falling. Even the chapter name "The story how we became heroes, Part 4" in relation to two former villains joining the good side hit hard.

It is truly amazing to the point that I felt tears pumping up my tear glands.
Jan 23, 2023 3:14 PM
Jan 2023
chapters seemingly are stuck using cool or flashy moments to keep me reading instead of idk... an engaging plot
Jan 25, 2023 11:44 PM

Jan 2011
Yo, now this is a moment that actually feels deserved. Well, Nagant is a little iffy, but the rest is good.
Jan 29, 2023 10:04 AM

Nov 2020
Redemption arc ! peak chapter as usual

Jan 30, 2023 11:25 AM

Nov 2016
Gentle was a given, but Nagant? This is crazy in a good way.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 1, 2023 8:20 AM

Jan 2021
Gentle is back! so good seeing him again!!! absolutely love him. Also Deku has been looking so damn awesome recently, can't wait to see this look for him animated. Also Nagant is back which was quite a surprise but she's cool so I'm fine with it
Feb 7, 2023 9:15 PM

Feb 2021
Holy fucking shit that was one badass chapter. Finally a good chapter after a long time.

I knew Gentle was coming back but damn, the entrance was powerful. Bro looks clean as hell now. Almost looks like Silver Fang from One Punch Man.

Even Ms Joke and the Earthquake Guy are back to capture Skeptic. Now we need the Wind Guy to support Endeavour in fighting Dabi. Imagine him working together with him,

And the best part was Lady Nagant's return. My favourite character from the series is back. And she's fully using her sniper expertise to support the heroes from a really far distance where she can't be countered.

Now we just need Stain and the Wind Guy to come back and support the heroes at Gunga Villa ruins.

I know all of them are cliche redemptions but damn they are exciting. Always loved to see old characters making a surprise comeback.

Literally, me while reading this and the previous chapter

Mod Edit: Merged double post
KayKimiiMar 18, 2023 8:20 PM

Feb 12, 2023 6:54 PM

Feb 2018
Since La Brava was back, it was only a matter of time before Gentle would join :p but even Nagant? She 420 no scoped his hand yo!
May 5, 2023 1:17 AM

Aug 2019
OH MY GOSH GENTLE AND LADY NAGANT ARE BACK!!
Feb 8, 6:55 AM

Apr 2015
Holy shit!!! This was the best way to bring Gentle and La Brava back! Gentle's character was one of my favourites and I'm so glad he's getting a chance to redeem himself!
Thank you Horikoshi, Loved this!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 419 Discussion ( 1 2 )

thebrentinator24 - Apr 3

51 by Biisoo »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

14 by Abyhape »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.