Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 9, 2022 12:19 PM
Nov 2020
luffy vs lucci goes brr
Dec 9, 2022 5:58 PM

Mar 2021
Un reencuentro epico!
Dec 9, 2022 10:22 PM
Feb 2020
I feel like a lot of us sorely underestimated Lucci. At least I did. Also new df info was dope
Dec 9, 2022 10:47 PM

Sep 2020
good ch break next week fck
One Piece Episodes 1018 & 1027 were a mistake and 1033 brought salvation. -DrippySid

Dec 10, 2022 2:41 AM

May 2021
LMAO Luffy was completely trolling Lucci in this fight, sleeping in the middle of the fight. At least he managed to match a punch, somewhat.

Dec 10, 2022 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
Didn't expect Luffy to be able to go gear 5 any time - thought it is more like some kind of ace in the hole for precarious situations. Still enjoying the goofy ass moveset though. Fights are much for fun now.

Don't like Lucci's new form. It's just his leopard mode but skinner with Luffy's cloud aura but dark.

Neat explanation for the devil fruits, but the Nikka stuff are information we already had, so a lil' bit redundant.
Dec 10, 2022 4:09 PM
Jun 2019
teo1323 said:
Oda is licking the fans asses with this horrible fight.

lucci will definitively not win but I still think that you are right. this fight shouldn't even be possible. I don't care if lucci awakened or not. The fact that lucci isn't going down instantly means he could've fought kaido with a winning chance. absolute bullshit. just like crocoidiles ridiculous bounty
Dec 10, 2022 5:31 PM

Nov 2016
JuanlikesAnime said:
teo1323 said:
Oda is licking the fans asses with this horrible fight.

lucci will definitively not win but I still think that you are right. this fight shouldn't even be possible. I don't care if lucci awakened or not. The fact that lucci isn't going down instantly means he could've fought kaido with a winning chance. absolute bullshit. just like crocoidiles ridiculous bounty

> Luffy isn't on that level yet. Kaido got jumped by the Akazaya and ate attacks from the Worst Generation for breakfast. He fought against 15 people in total throughout the raid (16 if we count Momonosuke's bite), 1vs1 Lucci has 0% of winning. At best he would be able to stall him like Yamato did.
> it's not just his Awakening, 2 years passed and Lucci is still young enough to grow significantly in that time. Remember that he was pretty much on par with Luffy(he only won through willpower) pre timeskip and the Strawhats aren't the only ones who can get stronger
> Lucci is able to keep up with Luffy due to his speed and combat skills. You can't deny that these are first rate. As of yet he didn't do any damage, tho, so I wouldn't overrate the little showing we're seeing here.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 10, 2022 11:37 PM
Jul 2018

But
Oda is seriously planning to end one piece 😭
Dec 11, 2022 1:03 AM

Jun 2011
Extremely disappointed in this chapter.
Mainly because our protagonist had to go Gear 5 against Lucci. He's just beaten up Kaido with that gear. Freaking Kaido! And now Oda has the audacity to tell us that Luffy has to rely on Gear 5 to fight against an insect (in relation to Kaido) like CP0.
Even with Luffy's awakening, Lucci should have been down with only one shot. Man, power-scaling in OP is becoming so random!
LuckyAlixDec 11, 2022 4:32 AM
Dec 11, 2022 8:30 AM

Aug 2011
I haven't read this manga in months and on a whim I read this chapter cause I heard Rob Lucci was back. Unfortunately there's just no redeeming what this manga has become. Oh of course Luffy has the fruit of a God. I'm sure he's also the prophesized child of destiny. Why bother having good writing when you can reuse the same tired tropes every manga uses?

I can't get myself to read or care about this anymore. It just hurts reading and seeing what One Piece has become.
Dec 11, 2022 12:01 PM

Mar 2010
I'll never get tired of Luffy's cartoon attacks lol
Dec 11, 2022 4:31 PM

Apr 2020
GODA STRIKES ONCE AGAIN
Dec 12, 2022 1:52 AM
Sep 2016
It was great with all the new knowllege
Dec 12, 2022 4:15 AM

Jul 2021
Caught up with the manga as of Chapter 1069! aye Luffy with his Gear 5 and Lucci got something more powerful up on his sleeves. Vegapunk theorizing that different kinds of fruits can embody the future of humanity through showcasing sentiments in fight sequences.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 12, 2022 8:02 AM
Apr 2019
Weebs complaining about power-scaling in a manga where the protagonist is Bugs Bunny, you love to see it.

Very interesting chapter, for me. I really like the way the authority levels presented an incredibly disadvantageous situation for the World Government, which turned around in an instant once Lucci took down Sentoumaru. Now, Vegapunk has to put himself in the line of fire if they wanna recover the Seraphims.
Dec 12, 2022 1:14 PM

Nov 2013
What Vegapunk said is not confirmed as the origin of the Devil Fruits; It's just his theory, and it's a very silly one, at least by itself.

Perhaps the idea for each devil fruit that was to be created was thought by a person who then told it to the being who made the devil fruits, and the one who made them is probably in fact the devil.

As for the fact that Kizaru is going to appear in Egghead, on the one hand I like it because I want to see him appear more in the story, but on the other hand I'm afraid of the possibility of him ending up losing or being owned and humiliated by someone like happened to Green Bull; I want Kizaru to remain untouched until it's time for Sanji to have a full one on one fight with him as his opponent in the arc in which Akainu will be the main villain fighting against Luffy. If Kizaru only appears here to defeat other people (who aren't Sanji), then I'll have no complaints though.

To be honest, since Zoro stayed behind, I'm predicting that Kizaru will fight Zoro now, since Zoro will probably be the first to see Kizaru arriving. It will be very satisfying to see Zoro losing to Sanji's opponent.
ColtBuntlineDec 12, 2022 1:51 PM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Dec 13, 2022 12:12 AM
Nov 2014
So Gear 5th isn't good enough to defeat Lucci in one chapter then. Interesting.
Dec 13, 2022 12:31 AM
Sep 2016
okokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokok
Dec 14, 2022 9:41 AM
Jan 2021
Muito bom ver o luffy lutando com o lucci de novo e ter revelações sobre as akumas no mi
Dec 14, 2022 6:26 PM

Aug 2019
I love how Luffy is such a big shot now

LUFFY BEAT HIS ASS ALREADY??!!!
Dec 14, 2022 7:57 PM
Sep 2021
made me hard when lucci and monkey D luffy touched again
Dec 15, 2022 1:30 AM
Jul 2017
GOATT PIECEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Dec 18, 2022 12:44 AM
Oct 2021
Next Chapter is Gonna Peak Fiction!!
I can't wait for what suprise GOAT Oda!!
Gear 5 Luffy Vs Awakening Lucci is Amazing Form!! 👑🔥👏
Dec 18, 2022 12:51 PM
Mar 2021
FAVOURITE ANIME OF MY LIFE

Dec 20, 2022 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
why rob lucci bro...
Dec 21, 2022 8:08 PM
Mar 2021
one piece is so good :o
Dec 26, 2022 12:59 AM

Feb 2021
I hate that Luffy gets mad over " Ax Boy" like I wish he was dead actually dead from that but he won't be. I actually really like Lucci's new look not that it will matter.
Feb 12, 2023 6:44 PM

Feb 2018
Lucci's awaked form looks awesome BUT it's a shame that he meets Luffy now.. I mean he even fall asleep while getting attacked by him lol. Vega's theory on DF is SO damn interesting.. ugh!
Feb 21, 2023 4:22 AM

Jun 2019
The fight has already started and looks like both of them are not gonna go down that easily. I love the cloned Warlords. LOL. They're so small and cute. Sentomaru is down.
May 4, 2023 1:20 PM
Jun 2022
Kinda funny how Vegapunk, being a genius scientist, theorises about the existence of a god, Nika.
Dec 8, 2023 1:50 AM

Sep 2021
If the devil fruits represents what someone wishes for/view the world, does that mean only certain people are predestinated to eat specific fruits?
Dec 10, 2023 2:50 AM

Jul 2012
Reply to FloRathalos
If the devil fruits represents what someone wishes for/view the world, does that mean only certain people are predestinated to eat specific fruits?
@FloRathalos Some devil fruits were a curse to several characters that ate them accidentally, so I don't think that's the case.

Some people may just happen to eat a fruit with other people's desired dream, for example. I'd say getting the one you really want is either a deliberate choice (Blackbeard) or an accident (Luffy, who wants ultimate freedom eating the Nika Nika).

Dec 12, 2023 11:51 PM
Oct 2021
What can I say I absolutely love this chapter, I love One Piece

From the moment I saw Lucci take down Atlast in the last chapter, I knew Luffy is going to get pissed when he saw her like that and sure enough it really did. Now I don't know if Gear 5 is a form he chose here or if it's simply the form we see Luffy have whenever he uses any gear at all. Nevertheless, seeing Gear 5 after a while is ASBOLUTELY ENTHRALLING!!! I of course do not Expect Luffy to have a hard time fighting off Lucci even with his new badass awakened form. And just as I've thought, Luffy's fight against him was entirely sidelined by Dr Vegapunk's explanation, lol.

The joy never stops, I feel proud of how far Luffy have developed, not just in his power, but his infamy, to be regarded as a Yonko and have even Cipher Poll 0 and the whole of the Marines consider him as such made me deadass tear IP. Just the fact that the Marines consider fighting Luffy as equal to starting a war against the Strawhats is such an awesome illustration of how serious they are to a new yet fully fledged Yono such as Luffy.

AND YET THERE'S MORE TO THE CHAPTER!
This lore drop is already anticipated knowing how knowledgeable Dr Vegapunk is on this matter, but boy I am so satisfied to see him telling the Strawhats of the real name and aspect of Luffy's devil fruit. Afterall, I doubt Luffy himself even knew of his DF's real name.
Jan 16, 8:42 PM
Dec 2022
Reply to FMmatron
Lucci got Bellamied 😭 The man doesn't go down without a fight even against Gear 5 😤 I was wondering whose orders the Seraphim would follow in the end. Since they were just introduced after years of build up it's coherent that the Government secured them for themselves. It's however a bit wack that they're programmed the way they are . You would think Vegapunk made the foresightdul decision to install some "safety net" just in case. No one should be able to tell provided he's not obliged to for some reason. Well, for now he's the highest authority on the island. Conveniently or rather said inconveniently(depends how you look at it) he has to be present to give orders. Good for me who wants to see Zoro vs S-Hawk. I wouldn't mind Zoro trying to pay back Kizaru for Sabaody.

Sucks that Sentomaru has to take the L. Most defensive man in the world got cheap shotted this is sad lol. W for Lucci, tho, way to don't waste any time.
With Kizaru on the way too it's almost like Sabaody 2.0 with the difference that the Strawhats are a Yonkou crew now. He looked like a poor child as well and he's chummy with Sento, but it would be too much if he holds back.

Finally some more Devil Fruit lore. So there was someone as down bad as Sanji who wanted the Suke Suke no Mi to peak on women.

Who's mad that Lucci has a confirmed Awakening and Kaido didn't? 🤣 We saw pre timeskip Chopper going berserk in his awakened form. The Jailer Beasts were simpletons. I guess they're forced awakened as part of an experiment and lost their mind in the process. That's why they don't/can't turn back to their human form. Maybe Luffy will fool around less once he has perfect control over his Awakening.

The design is fire with similar clouds to Gear4/5. Luffy's faces while dodging kinda cursed, lol.

Epic

kevin_video said:
With Lucci and Luffy fighting, I appreciated the Enies Lobby call back of Luffy and Lucci's fists slamming into each other.

Iconic callbacks are perfect fanservice

I love the G5 fighting style. Attacks like Mole Pistole show that there's basically no limit.

P.S. Stussy is easily the most hard working commentator we had in a while. She drops so much info that we don't have to think for ourselves anymore.

Vegapunk drops Devil Fruit lore since Luffy is in Gear 5th and Lucci gets a little showing. Just because he's able to keep up without getting absolutely destroyed doesn't mean that he's as strong as Luffy. It takes a lot more to win a fight on a top tier leve
@FMmatron wait this comparison is actually cool asf
Jan 16, 8:43 PM
Dec 2022
Kaku actually goofy asf now "Dearie me the Straw Hat Pirates..!!" LMAOO

Kizaru on his way to Egghead oh boy

YOOO LUCCI AWAKENED HIS FRUIT Lucci actually going loose rn AND LUFFY GEAR 5 IS BACK HELL YEAHHHH

Love this

SENTOMARU IS HERE sentomaru = battle axe according to luffy

Kaku "Fiddle-sticks!" LMFAOOO

Apr 17, 11:48 PM

Jun 2013
Maybe anime spoilers ahead (?)

Hello guys, I just started catching up to the manga so I don't really know how it works.
If you watch the anime at the same time it feels like the manga is a little chopped doesn't it?
I mean in the manga it just shows that Luffy (in gear 5) and Lucci (awakened) fight without showing them powering up, also without showing them fight before powering up.
Is this how it usually goes? Did I miss any pages from the manga?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Apr 23

53 by ahhellno »»
Today, 1:29 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1110 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Mar 12

63 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Apr 27, 1:53 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 770 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Dec 11, 2014

50 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 11:16 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Apr 25, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Apr 25, 6:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.