Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 30, 2010 7:50 PM

May 2009
Wow! Terrific episode. Anri certainly turned my head around in this episode - and this was before the huge reveal. I'm pretty sure she said more here than she did in the sum of the 15 episodes that preceded it. Jaw dropped when she pulled the sword out of her sleeve. Haruna/Seika Jr. can go home now because bigger is better and longer is stronger lol. Can't wait to get more of Anri's background next week.

The teacher was confirmed to the wretched scum that we all knew him to be. And what he did to Haruna is enough reason to cut him down. Too bad it looks like he'll live, though I don't think he'll go near Anri ever again. I also loved his reaction when he saw Haruna instead of Anri answer the door. Haha.

Also, now we know why none of the slasher victims were killed. It was "reproducing."

The twinkling eyes and expression on Erika's face (when she was getting carried away with Shizuo x Izaya) was absolutely adorable.
Apr 30, 2010 9:22 PM

Jan 2010
LOVED BADASS ANRI!
That's all i can day :)
Apr 30, 2010 9:37 PM
Apr 2010
Another cliffhanger again, and a great one at that. Anyhow, to the episode, it was quite creepy, but I loved it. Haruna's eyes reminded me of Higurashi though ~ Now, my random thoughts on the episode
-Loved the Shizuo/ Izaya reactions! They were great, although it was too bad another fight between them was cut off again xD
-Haruna, quite a creepy person. I wonder where she got that info about Anri from. Maybe Saika?
-Yes, epic Anri! Her ending scene was just perfect. My favorite part of the episode!
-I cannot wait to see Izaya narration next week. Now that should be interesting!

5/5 for this awseome episode.
Apr 30, 2010 11:08 PM

Feb 2009
rarri said:
This anime is simply PERFECT.

Mai Nakahara rocked as Haruna Niekawa, as expected from the queen of Yandere.

If there will be a Mirai Nikki anime I'll kill myself if the cast for Yuno Gasai won't be Mai Nakahara.

This.

-So that's why Saika keeps returning to the chatroom. There are a lot of Saika offsprings that love to troll there and Izaya can't block them all. Though why they always go there(to spam and troll) is beyond me.

-Lol at Erika's BL fantasy of Izaya and Shizuo.
inb4 fangirls of Shizaya (but I'm too late I guess)

-I'm only a little surprised about Anri possessing Saika(got spoiled somewhere grr..) but I was surprised as hell when she blocked Haruna's knife and pulled out Saika from her sleeve(or is it from her arm itself?)

-Feels like a zombie attack when Shizuo and Celty got trapped. But next episode we'll get to see Shizuo in more action, backstory of Anri and it looks like this is all part of Izaya's plan when he was talking to Namie. It just got better.
5/5

-Where are Kida and Mikado with all this ruckus? Probably next arc, I guess.
Apr 30, 2010 11:16 PM

Oct 2009
Erika is slow ! xD I've had that BL thought ever since Shizuo and Izaya appeared in the aniime ! =x Loved how all of the Dota-chin group and Celty reacted to her opinion. Haha! And Shinra's agreeing to it too. LOL.

I'm quite surprised that Anri has the Saika herself.
I've been hearing lots of spoilers about her being the Kirisaki ,
but I've always thought that it's because in the end the Saika possessed her.
Who knew she had it 5 years ago ? o_O

That just shows that DRRR!! simply gets more and more awesome.
There's never once i don't enjoy each ep !
I'm hoping it wouldn't just last for 24ep , hopefully there'll be good news saying it extended.

Rock on ~
a-kemiApr 30, 2010 11:30 PM

sig by isignature .
Apr 30, 2010 11:26 PM

Apr 2009
Man. o_o First Mikado surprises me back in episode 11, and now Anri. I love this anime <3

The funniest part has to be this though. PFFFFT. XD Could this be a shout out to all the yaoi fangirls?

siggy made by furizaa O:
Apr 30, 2010 11:34 PM

Apr 2009
keideki said:
Man, I did not even see that bit with Anri coming... this series always has great twists and turns. If it keeps going on like this, it might even turn out to be better than Baccano!

In the words of M. Night Shyamalan from robot chicken, "What a twist!"
Yandere Haruna is awesome!
Apr 30, 2010 11:46 PM
Jun 2008
Kanta said:
Man. o_o First Mikado surprises me back in episode 11, and now Anri. I love this anime <3

The funniest part has to be this though. PFFFFT. XD Could this be a shout out to all the yaoi fangirls?
I hope they can stop fighting and kiss together ^^.Their relation are somewhat hot in some point .
Apr 30, 2010 11:57 PM

Sep 2009
Loved this episode. This show never fails to deliver (at least to me). I miss Mikado though. I want to see some more interaction between Mikado and Anri.
May 1, 2010 12:14 AM

Oct 2008
So it is evident that Shizuo loves Izaya :P Maybe Shizuo has some kind of Saika thing lol
Erika really did point out what I've been thinking xD
Oh and everybody loves Shizuo now xD

That Haruna girl gives me the creeps...

Ok, the Anri thingy was a bit of surprise for me. I didn't think she was the one! This episode convinced me that Anri is a really great character!

I can't wait for the next episode now! Durarara ftw!
May 1, 2010 12:21 AM

Aug 2009
MorningGlory said:
Anri got more dark secret compare to her breast size....

It's why they're so big. They hold her seeeecrets.

I'm really glad we're going to see the Shizuo vs the mob scene. For a second there I thought they were going to cheat us out of it.
Ha-cha!
May 1, 2010 12:33 AM

May 2008
That was great, juust like a horde of zombies =D

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 1, 2010 12:34 AM

Sep 2009
What a nice, firm pair of secrets she has, then. :P
May 1, 2010 12:55 AM
Feb 2009
noooes next ep is next fri when iron man 2 comes outt
May 1, 2010 1:02 AM

Sep 2009
Setsia said:
noooes next ep is next fri when iron man 2 comes outt

I'm pretty sure neither one is going to take up your entire day. It's not like you have to choose.
May 1, 2010 1:31 AM

May 2009
That was one of the exciting episodes. Darn! I have to wait for another week to pass! >.<

Kanta said:
that was one of my favorite part too! LMAO!

~END~
May 1, 2010 2:07 AM

Jul 2009
Ok I was sure since long ago that Anri has some secrets but I didn't expect that ;d
Now I'm hoping for some kick ass fight scene with Anri and Shizuo ;]
Durarara!! FTW ;]
May 1, 2010 2:10 AM

Jul 2008
wow, the real blade... she had it all along, things are getting really really interesting
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 1, 2010 2:31 AM

Apr 2010
yodlormak said:
nice anri!!! but don't kill haruna, okay?
i hope she will change her mind and kill that teacher instead. :P

well we gotta know that saika love human too though this is kind of ironic since saika itself is a weapon ^^!

Exactly. It's because of the fact that Saika is a weapon that the only form of love it'd ever be able to express is through slashing.

Besides, it also has an awesome mind-control ability. If someone loves you, cut him/her to get full control (What? Romeo and Juliet exist in real life? Saika is a cynic isn't she? I like her already.). If someone hates you, cut him 'til he loves you. Quite convenient, actually. You can skip the dating part and all the way to marriage (...or sex). The part about child birth irks me though.

Other than that, another great episode! Lovely music as always.

MorningGlory said:
Soupi said:
Really creepy episode, I loved it.We finally get to see another side of Anri, but seriously how does she keep a sword inside her hand? I know Saika isn't a normal sword, but still

And Erika... :D
I thought when she got stabbed,I thought at least some blood will stain her cloth,I don't think the director forgot to do this.Anri Must be some puppet that look like human or something.

Same. I was waiting for blood to spill out of her arm lol
waterscapeMay 1, 2010 2:39 AM
May 1, 2010 2:34 AM

Apr 2009
didn't she just keep the sword in her sleeve?

wonder what Izaya will do next.
May 1, 2010 3:04 AM

Oct 2008
good episode.......this anime is good......consistently ))))))))
May 1, 2010 3:08 AM

Oct 2009
waterscape said:
MorningGlory said:
Soupi said:
Really creepy episode, I loved it.We finally get to see another side of Anri, but seriously how does she keep a sword inside her hand? I know Saika isn't a normal sword, but still

I thought when she got stabbed,I thought at least some blood will stain her cloth,I don't think the director forgot to do this.Anri Must be some puppet that look like human or something.

I was waiting too. haha

sig by isignature .
May 1, 2010 3:09 AM

Nov 2009
Gah! Amazing episode. I want more!

I wanna know what happpeennnnsss~
May 1, 2010 4:01 AM

Sep 2008
The ending... WOW.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
May 1, 2010 4:05 AM

Apr 2010
Jaapsneep said:
didn't she just keep the sword in her sleeve?

wonder what Izaya will do next.

Yeah, you're right. But I'm guessing it got people confused because Saika is about the same length as Anri's arm if not longer. It is unsheathed, so her hiding it in her sleeve and bending her arm to fend off an attack would either tear the fabric or her skin.

But hey, anything can happen in the anime world. :)
May 1, 2010 4:06 AM

Apr 2010
5/5

"I'm off to Shinjuku to murder Izaya." - ROFLMAO! Best part in this episode. xD

And I couldn't even imagine that Anri was the one who had Saika in her possession. This show is getting better and better!

Optime olere occisum hostem!
May 1, 2010 4:13 AM

Apr 2009
omgwtf what awesome twist @_@
May 1, 2010 4:34 AM

Aug 2008
anri in bankai mode XD FTW

imao, anri is keeping saika under control because she can't love anyone. so the blade can't actually influence her to give shape to her love slashing other people.
looking foward to the next ep ^O^
May 1, 2010 5:01 AM

Nov 2007
Awesome episode. Loving this series more and more. Anri was great before, but this twist makes her all the more awesome :D.

Btw did anyone notice:
5 Years Prior Anri

and

Nadeko Sengoku

I thought there was a reason why I liked Anri so much :D. I wonder was it intentional, since they have the same voice actress?
\
May 1, 2010 6:10 AM

Apr 2009
That...was weird. Can't decide if I liked all the 'ZOMG LET'S LOVE EACHOTHER' crap xP Especially served with a stab.
Shizaya BL fantasies rule though xD
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 1, 2010 6:16 AM

Oct 2009
a-kemi said:
waterscape said:
MorningGlory said:
Soupi said:

I was waiting too. haha
Ok I will admit I wanted that too but I think the point was more that she might have blocked with part of the blade hidden in her body logically. So right after she pulled out the sword precisely to show that logical point.....is what I think all this might be.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
May 1, 2010 7:03 AM

Oct 2009
francismeunier said:

Ok I will admit I wanted that too but I think the point was more that she might have blocked with part of the blade hidden in her body logically. So right after she pulled out the sword precisely to show that logical point.....is what I think all this might be.

Yeah that came to my mind, but doesn't she withdraw her sword from the other arm? Block with left and pulled it out from right? Besides, her arm was bent. It's physically impossible that the blade blocked it... Maybe her body is made of Saika :D Naw...
May 1, 2010 7:19 AM
Jun 2008
Naratchi said:
francismeunier said:

Yeah that came to my mind, but doesn't she withdraw her sword from the other arm? Block with left and pulled it out from right? Besides, her arm was bent. It's physically impossible that the blade blocked it... Maybe her body is made of Saika :D Naw...
Its like magically drawn out from the sleeve!!!!but after re-watching it,I found out Saika is surprised after Anri being stab.I wonder why she get so frighten.Well rather than hearing my boring story here,I guess next episode got all the answer we all wanted ^^
May 1, 2010 7:23 AM
Dec 2007
Probably the least interesting episode of the whole series with weak animation and direction, slow development and a boring rythm overall. However, the final revelation and the cliffhanger were great.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 1, 2010 8:20 AM
Apr 2009
omg what a nice turn of events !
good good I like :D
May 1, 2010 9:00 AM

May 2008
Another awsome episode, this never fails to surprise me, though somehow I felt that Anri has something to do with Saika, but now I'm completely amazed~
Erika's comment about Shizuo must be in love with Izaya was hilarious~
May 1, 2010 10:08 AM

Sep 2008
ANRIIIIIIIIII

WOW, Just wow

OMG I"m just love the end of episode, simply brilliant

and I'm desperate now to put Anri on my fave chara list, any suggestion who i must get rid ?
only for the girl entry :) (and Touma is excluded)
fertygoMay 1, 2010 10:12 AM
May 1, 2010 10:15 AM

Dec 2008
I'm surprised a lot of people said they didn't see the Anri thing coming, I thought it was predictable, but they did a good job in making this episode good even though I saw it coming. :3

I don't like Haruna, she's an interesting character, but I can't bring myself to actually like her, ha.

And, of course, Erika's Shizuo/Izaya comment was hilarious, even if I do ship them (don't h8). :') I wish they actually would have had a fight, but of course there were more important things going on.

Somehow I'm less excited for the next episode than I have been in a while though. |:
May 1, 2010 11:02 AM

Jul 2009
fertygo said:
ANRIIIIIIIIII

WOW, Just wow

OMG I"m just love the end of episode, simply brilliant

and I'm desperate now to put Anri on my fave chara list, any suggestion who i must get rid ?
only for the girl entry :) (and Touma is excluded)

Shimei? :D
May 1, 2010 11:28 AM

Jun 2009
so Anri IS baller too
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
May 1, 2010 11:29 AM

Jul 2009
How do you fit that big of a sword in your sleeve? You wouldn't be able to bend your elbow without cutting yourself. Plot holes!
May 1, 2010 11:33 AM

Apr 2010
Kurogashi said:
How do you fit that big of a sword in your sleeve? You wouldn't be able to bend your elbow without cutting yourself. Plot holes!

I'm pretty sure Saika is a part of Anri, something along the lines of sharing a body.

Still even though most of us saw this coming a mile away it's awesome how they pulled it off.

May 1, 2010 12:04 PM

Dec 2009
I *heart* this show <3!
May 1, 2010 12:23 PM

Sep 2009
Love the badass Anri ..
May 1, 2010 12:54 PM

Apr 2010
Samurai girl goes in the faves!
May 1, 2010 1:03 PM

Aug 2009
OMG HSTRHJ$^#^jWRWYY

I AM FLABBERGASTED.

Seriously, this episode was... Wow. So intense. Best Durarara!! episode to date. I really didn't expect Anri to hold the original Saika.
DATBITCH XD
May 1, 2010 1:51 PM

Mar 2009
May 1, 2010 2:26 PM

Nov 2009
This seems like the climax of the arc and it absolutely did not disappoint in the slightest. It could be the fact that the other episodes were acting as foils for this one, while building up the plot, or it was just plain awesome. Which it was. I guess i should of expected Anri to be included in this some way but it was still shocking nonetheless.
This is going to be looked forward to as much as it was first season. =D
Awesome episode, anticipation threefold!
May 1, 2010 3:26 PM

Aug 2009
This episode was totally something else. Unfortunately, I was spoiled on Anri and Saika but I was still having my doubts when Haruna came to kill her.

Loved all the shizu-chan parts <333 AND I EXPECTED AN EPIC IZAYA VS SHIZUO! Until Celty came and ruined it.

Oh well, many questions have been answered...except I don't still understand this whole love and slash thing with saika. And the sword seems to have a conscience of its own. I want a little more story on that. Damn cliffhangers again.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuttt!
UP NEXT!: SHIZUO KICKS SOME MORE ASS!

Ps. Is it me or are we not getting enough Mikado and Kida dosage? Also, that Saki girl has yet to come into the picture. Hope Slasher arc finishes within the next couple of episodes so we can move on to more awesomeness.
May 1, 2010 6:24 PM

Jul 2008
MorningGlory said:
The real Saika is Sonohara,amybe I should rephrase that,the Origin of Saika are created from Sonohara???....So the rest are just the after-effect of Sonohara when she is young??.but now she got Mikado and other friends,insn't it about time she give up her Saika......
Sometimes the power of "will" or "mind" is kinda powerful and destructive ^^.

No.
Saika was forged way before Anri was even born, it was used to cut the link between Celty's head and body then Shinra's father sold it and it probably ended up in Anri's hand or someone near to her (most possible case is her father) and since Izaya is pretty much involved (pissed off that Shizuo knew he was involved when he's suposed to be an idiot) I guess that he is the one who made the sword get to Anri.

Very good episode but since the first episode I expected Anri to be a sword user because of the opening and when Saika came into the play it was just too much obvious that she had it or had it in the past.

That just show how everyone is playing in Izaya's hand but i'm pretty much sure Izaya will end up playing in Mikado's hand by the end of the serie, when he'll get the determination to kick Izaya's ass.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

goldslaught - Jun 24, 2010

598 by dspr »»
May 4, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kanade-chan - Jun 10, 2010

335 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 4, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

206 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 4, 12:01 AM

» Seeking advice on watching order

Haemogoblin - Apr 28

4 by Haemogoblin »»
May 3, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

shanimebib - May 20, 2010

212 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 3, 11:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.