Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 2, 2022 11:20 AM
Jan 2022
Superhero is back to defeat all enemies..Typical Shounen ending incomin
Sep 2, 2022 11:20 AM
Mar 2021
=) poggers episode
Sep 2, 2022 11:52 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Welp, so much for Mio's confession.

Also, doesn't the transfer of conciousness between timelines work very similar to Reading Steiner?
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Sep 2, 2022 1:08 PM
Jun 2022
Finally good stuff happening in this anime
Sep 2, 2022 2:39 PM

Mar 2014
Welp the ending makes up for the sadness that was last episode.

Gosh I don't like when they say the word "Hope" always scares me that something is definitely going to go wrong. However that just makes the stakes and the tension sooo good!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 2, 2022 3:14 PM
Oct 2016
LETS FRICKING GOOOOOOOO
Sep 2, 2022 3:49 PM
Dec 2017
What is really the point of Mio's crush and confession?? It feels really pointless and unnecessary cheap drama that has to be dragged up to this point in the final episodes and the way it concluded. Do the viewers need to be reminded 20 episodes in that Mio has a crush on Shinpei?? It was really funny Shinpei still chooses Ushio when the real Usio is literally dead lmao, Shadow Ushio might be gone if the series end so how will that work out?, or she somehow lives and they become a couple which is weird.

Delirium231Sep 2, 2022 3:57 PM
Sep 2, 2022 4:10 PM
Feb 2021
SHE"S FINALLY BACK! HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 2, 2022 5:21 PM
Jan 2014
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
Sep 2, 2022 5:28 PM
May 2020
Germs_N_Spices said:
Playay said:
I love the 'Deus ex Machina' this show has. It doesn't feel forced, and truly it was euphoric. 4 episodes left, let's see how this masterpiece goes.

The trick is to lay the groundworks thick early on so that it's celebrated as foreshadowing rather than plot armour
the writer of the story really is considering every single detail, I love it. Even in the first episode there was a lot of small hints that only make sense when I rewatch it after some episodes
Sep 2, 2022 5:36 PM

Jan 2021
has to be the best ep so far.
Sep 2, 2022 6:04 PM

Jul 2010
Delirium231 said:
What is really the point of Mio's crush and confession?? It feels really pointless and unnecessary cheap drama that has to be dragged up to this point in the final episodes and the way it concluded. Do the viewers need to be reminded 20 episodes in that Mio has a crush on Shinpei?? It was really funny Shinpei still chooses Ushio when the real Usio is literally dead lmao, Shadow Ushio might be gone if the series end so how will that work out?, or she somehow lives and they become a couple which is weird.

...it's the way characters are, does real life crushes and confessions always work out? The answer is no. Mio just likes Shinpei, Shinpei likes Ushio. That's it. And it's not about "he wants to fuck a shadow", it's about "girl I liked died horribly, maybe I don't want to date somebody else atm, especially the girl who I see only as a sister". Plus Ushio is right there before his eyes, even if it's just an after-image. Nothing weird about it. If anything, Shinpei is great for sticking to his feelings and not being like some other MCs who keep switching between girls (you probably can name a few).

It's a VERY weird nitpick, it shouldn't be only about mystery and cool fights, emotions are always there. Same could be asked about Tokiko and her one-sided crush on Mio which she brings up almost every episode. Well that's just the way she is.
Sep 2, 2022 8:12 PM
May 2020
TheMangaManiac said:
Delirium231 said:

...it's the way characters are, does real life crushes and confessions always work out? The answer is no. Mio just likes Shinpei, Shinpei likes Ushio. That's it. And it's not about "he wants to fuck a shadow", it's about "girl I liked died horribly, maybe I don't want to date somebody else atm, especially the girl who I see only as a sister". Plus Ushio is right there before his eyes, even if it's just an after-image. Nothing weird about it. If anything, Shinpei is great for sticking to his feelings and not being like some other MCs who keep switching between girls (you probably can name a few).

It's a VERY weird nitpick, it shouldn't be only about mystery and cool fights, emotions are always there. Same could be asked about Tokiko and her one-sided crush on Mio which she brings up almost every episode. Well that's just the way she is.

The same I respected Subaru even if I din't like that he chosed Emilia over Rem when I first watched re:zero,I also respect Shinpei's decision.

It made a lot of sense for both characters to live up to what they feel than simply swapping for the other just because of a good confession on their part.
Sep 2, 2022 8:55 PM
Oct 2018
The best work ever done.
Sep 2, 2022 9:19 PM
Aug 2022
Mio bros... This can't be happening
Sep 2, 2022 9:23 PM

Jan 2013
Finally a "positive" episode. Can't believe Ushio is back!
Can't wait for them to kill Shide, i hate him so much.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 2, 2022 9:27 PM
Feb 2021
Locoooo, taba re bueno el capítulo :,D
Sep 2, 2022 9:33 PM

Feb 2019
I knew she was still alive
Sep 2, 2022 9:41 PM
Jan 2022
i love men i love men i love kani
Sep 2, 2022 9:45 PM

Apr 2015
Poor Mio :(

I notice the animation was kinda different this episode too, hope they keep good quality for the finale.
Sep 2, 2022 10:00 PM
Dec 2017
TheMangaManiac said:
Delirium231 said:

"Mio just likes Shinpei, Shinpei likes Ushio. That's it" It is very much predictable in this types of shows, It is more the of the show itself and many other shows with the same exact similar scenarios. Ushio is the "main girl" so it is obvious that there is a very high chance one can assume that both Ushio and Shinpei will both love each other in the end, instead of the other girl/Mio who likes Shinpei but got less and less screen time in favor of Ushio. Very predictable and is pretty much expected and is pretty much the same with many shows/anime with some form of romance, pretty much the same outcome.
Delirium231Sep 2, 2022 10:03 PM
Sep 2, 2022 11:21 PM
Apr 2020
Didn't end on a cliffhanger while making me excited for the next episode.
Sep 2, 2022 11:26 PM
Apr 2022
Ushio is back so I guess nothing else is needed to say..
Sep 2, 2022 11:42 PM
Mar 2020
what an amazing episode. every ep keeps getting better and better. amazing animation as always. i wonder how this will end
Sep 3, 2022 2:00 AM
Dec 2018
ushioooooooooooooooo T.T <3
Sep 3, 2022 2:13 AM
Oct 2016
I've missed having Ushio around.
Sep 3, 2022 2:44 AM
Jun 2017
ushio is back... yeah... lets go...
Sep 3, 2022 2:55 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Awesome, but I didn't understand why Ushio's body/shadow is just floating around in the ocean like that... where did it come from again??

Mio though. Maybe she'll probably be able to recover from this, but I sure won't ;(

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 3, 2022 3:32 AM
Aug 2015
The episode was great, I'm surprised they didn't leave a cliffhanger if Shinpe manages to reach Ushio or not.
Sep 3, 2022 5:30 AM

May 2015
Welcome Home Ushio
Sep 3, 2022 6:10 AM

May 2021
Que episódio incrível, o retorno da Ushio foi magnífico toda a construção da cena até a catarse final foi tudo muito bem dirigido.
Todo o episódio em si teve uma boa produção, a fluidez nas conversas e o destaque nos olhos estavam todos extremamente caprichados.
Cada episódio vem ficando cada vez melhor em uma crescente absurda, realmente tenho medo de um final ruim...
Sep 3, 2022 6:59 AM
May 2020
BetaMaleUltra said:
Awesome, but I didn't understand why Ushio's body/shadow is just floating around in the ocean like that... where did it come from again??

Mio though. Maybe she'll probably be able to recover from this, but I sure won't ;(

From when Haine in Shiori's body almost erased her memory and her very existence as a shadow during the time when OG and Shadow Ushio tried to save OG Shiori.

Basically, in every loop, that shadow floating around in the sea will always be there until the festival. So since the 4th loop, there are always 2 Ushio's: 1 is the Ushio from the 3rd loop who clings with Shinpei since then and the other is the floating shadow remnants of Ushio in the sea :>
Sep 3, 2022 8:32 AM

Apr 2022
so epic... a wow return... I thought ushio was dead for sure... and mio was the one to end the stuff in the High note...
I haven't got surprised in a long time...

gakuendoSep 3, 2022 8:38 AM
Sep 3, 2022 9:57 AM

May 2021
I was wondering how they would bring her back but I completely forgot the timeline of events and forgot that there's a free Ushio literally out there somewhere and her memory card(shell) lies currently in Shinepi's hands and somehow traveled timelines with it. The confession scene was a waste of time in a series with rather weak characters though it may have been meant to fill some time so that we can the episode on Ushio shouting like a classic shonen character(love it).

Sep 3, 2022 10:15 AM

Feb 2019
the chase scene was so intense it's amazing. shide's underwater form is so menacing
"Do you believe in gravity?"
Sep 3, 2022 11:30 AM
Mar 2015
Ushio's back and ready to kick ass
Sep 3, 2022 11:56 AM
Oct 2019
this is very poggers anime i realy like it a lot kinda re zero vibes tbh
Sep 3, 2022 12:23 PM

May 2018
Welcome back USHIO!!!.

I feel this episode, seems more deeper or quickly that some parts its hard to understand

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Sep 3, 2022 12:40 PM
Dec 2021
Finally an episode that ends on a high note! I'm super excited for these last few episodes.
Sep 3, 2022 12:42 PM

Apr 2016
The way they got Ushio back felt a bit like deus ex machina at first when I read the manga, but then you realize the author had already built the important bits of what lead to this and just left some loose ends, so the readers wouldn't see it coming the way it did. It was smart imo.

Nice episode btw, the animation was good overall, there were a lot of focuses on well drawn and animated eyes for some reason, and I liked that. Shinppei recovering Ushio while being chased by Shide felt way faster than in the manga in a good way, which made the "danger" more prominent aswell.

Sep 3, 2022 12:58 PM

Jan 2020
What kind of ice cream was Haine eating? It looks similar in colour to pistachio ice cream. It'd be wild if it was sea salt, though they aren't quite the same colour.

I'm actually a bit disappointed they brought Ushio back. I mean, it just feels like a copout to milk drama. Her dying didn't particularly add anything to the story, it just made things a little more tense and drew out the overall narrative. Which is then undermined by her miraculous resurrection. All that being said, I do think she is best girl so it's nice to have her back and all. But, I also think we're guaranteed a happy ending now. I wouldn't be surprised if all the current characters are now equipped with some heavy plot armor.

Other than that, I am interested to see in how this final day is going to play out this time around.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 3, 2022 1:22 PM
Apr 2017
It's not enough for this work to copy several things from Re Zero, now they even copy Rem's dialogue? "I'm sorry, I love Emilia" what a ridiculous work
Sep 3, 2022 1:51 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Mainly a plot dump episode, but a good one for sure. Turns out that even if the original Shadow Ushio is dead, there is a Shadow Ushio from this loop and she can be given the memories of the original using that shell Shinpei had, that scene at the end where Shinpei was inside Guil racing to get to Ushio first before Shide does was pretty awesome, makes you wonder if you’re watching the same show but it is in fact the same lol, and I also loved the scene right after where Shinpei reunites with Shadow Ushio before the ED plays.

I still wonder if Shadow Ushio will end up being the final boss when she had those out of character moments before, but for now I’m glad to see her back kicking ass. And it looks like Ryuunosuke is living on through Shinpei, that’s definitely cool, I wonder if he can take control of Shinpei and whoop ass like he could with Hizuru. And lastly, the Mio confession was great, I feel bad for her but it was a really well done scene and I’m glad she was able to finally move on, maybe Sou has a chance now? Probably not lol.
Sep 3, 2022 2:15 PM
Jul 2021
AWESOME SIMPLY AWESOME, IT WAS REALLY GREAT, ASTONISHING, BEAUTIFUL AND ASTOUNDING
Sep 3, 2022 2:37 PM
May 2020
Puta que pariuuuuu!!,perfeito.
Sep 3, 2022 8:43 PM

Feb 2021
It keeps getting better! I didn't realize there's a loophole where Ushio from the 3rd loop on the 24th of July still exists on 24th of July in the 9th loop! Now that Ushio is back, the team finally has a chance of defeating Haine and Shide. On that note, it seems to me Haine starts to doubt Shide and is now cautious of his ulterior motives.

「何でおるん?慎平、帰ってきたん?」
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Sep 3, 2022 10:34 PM

May 2015
For every setback Shinpei's crew takes two steps forward. Glad Ushio is back! I doubt the human Shide trick will work twice.
Sep 4, 2022 1:37 AM
Jan 2021
ushio ushio ushio
Sep 4, 2022 3:26 AM

Feb 2021
Ushios back (yay)! After Shadow Mio discovers that inside the shell that Shinpei holds is Ushio's memories, they then race against Shide to reach her first. Then voilà, Ushio is then awaken from her slumber by Shinpei and regains her memories.

Next episode we're getting to the climax where Shinpei and the gang are finally making a comeback
(hopefully) after Hizuru's death. Revenge for Hizuru.

Also the underwater race scene to Ushio was insanely well done.
Sep 4, 2022 3:36 AM
Oct 2019
YESSS!!! USHIO IS BACK!!!

Let's Goooo!!

sorry Mio, you not the heroine.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2022

150 by Tilor_Koopa »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

472 by UltraMonkeyX »»
May 7, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2022

144 by RGreatDanton »»
May 1, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2022

193 by RGreatDanton »»
May 1, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2022

340 by RGreatDanton »»
May 1, 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.