Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2022 4:58 PM
May 2020
It has begun. It's not as bad as I remember the previous seasons, though I watched those only when they released, so I don't remember much. Maybe I should rewatch them... anyways, hyped for the fights.
Jul 31, 2022 10:25 PM
Jan 2012
Guanimero said:
It has begun. It's not as bad as I remember the previous seasons, though I watched those only when they released, so I don't remember much. Maybe I should rewatch them... anyways, hyped for the fights.
Guanimero said:

Kinda what happens when you actually adapt the freaking source material. I still dislike the dumb energy beams they throw at each other. Also Mu suddenly giving up was a complete 180.
Jul 31, 2022 11:18 PM

Jan 2009
so they have to awaken to seventh sense to reach Gold Knight level of power too eh lets see it

Aug 1, 2022 7:42 AM

Sep 2020
It is always nostalgic to watch anything related to Saint Seiya, good start.
Aug 1, 2022 8:49 AM

Feb 2014
The Sanctuary arc is the coolest arc in all of Saint Seiya, so even in this remake is still pretty hype.
Aug 1, 2022 3:05 PM

Feb 2014
Only thing praise worthy are the gold cloths, Aries Cloth looks amazing.
Aug 1, 2022 5:50 PM

Jan 2011
i didnt watch season 1 so WTF? Shun is a girl? an i never heard about that somehow... actually im not entirelly sure about this yet, Shun is supposed to took feminine after all, but this time i thought i was like wait what? thats a girl isnt it?
gotta say, some of these attacks lack impact, the saints should be crushing the floors an breaking many pillars with their bodies, hope that improves
silversaintAug 1, 2022 5:54 PM
Aug 2, 2022 2:48 AM

Jan 2009
silversaint said:
i didnt watch season 1 so WTF? Shun is a girl? an i never heard about that somehow...

damn this show was even boycotted by many fans because of that

Saint Seiya fans shocked as gender swap for Andromeda Shun revealed in new Netflix series
Shocked and outraged fans all over the world are voicing their opinion that Shun is the character who was already breaking stereotypes and embodying inclusivity by being the somewhat effeminate and kind-hearted yet fiercely powerful warrior, and that changing him into a girl negates that concept. https://soranews24.com/2018/12/13/saint-seiya-fans-shocked-as-gender-swap-for-andromeda-shun-revealed-in-new-netflix-series/
Aug 2, 2022 7:19 AM

Jan 2011
deg said:
silversaint said:
i didnt watch season 1 so WTF? Shun is a girl? an i never heard about that somehow...

damn this show was even boycotted by many fans because of that

Saint Seiya fans shocked as gender swap for Andromeda Shun revealed in new Netflix series
Shocked and outraged fans all over the world are voicing their opinion that Shun is the character who was already breaking stereotypes and embodying inclusivity by being the somewhat effeminate and kind-hearted yet fiercely powerful warrior, and that changing him into a girl negates that concept. https://soranews24.com/2018/12/13/saint-seiya-fans-shocked-as-gender-swap-for-andromeda-shun-revealed-in-new-netflix-series/

so Shun is a girl in this series after all, i wasnt entirelly sure about that, thats just so weird, Shun was among Sainy Seiyas most popular characters
now lets be honest here, the mangaka Kurumada didnt want to create a character that breaked stereotypes (particularly on extremely conservative Japan) back when he created Shun, it was accidental for the most part an it was only after he saw the reception that he changed his mind on such subjects, to the point that he doesnt even mind adding a trans character on the sequel Next Dimension which is cool by me
Aug 7, 2022 9:52 AM
Apr 2020
I really hated this episode, this was full of inconsistencies.
Characters not saying their attack’s name (watching the jap dub), magic that allows them to travel, temples that look destroyed on the outside but brand new on the inside, the silver cloth that can show the future, Mû saying there is no hope and going as far to kill the bronze saints to then do a 180 and letting them go in like 5s

Just gonna give a point to the reparation of cloths that was mostly faithful (minus the lack of blood) but following that again a strange choice. At the start they introduced cloths as dog tags, so why go back to regular shaped cloths ?
Aug 7, 2022 2:36 PM

Jan 2011
Kindy_ said:
I really hated this episode, this was full of inconsistencies.
Characters not saying their attack’s name (watching the jap dub), magic that allows them to travel, temples that look destroyed on the outside but brand new on the inside, the silver cloth that can show the future, Mû saying there is no hope and going as far to kill the bronze saints to then do a 180 and letting them go in like 5s

Just gonna give a point to the reparation of cloths that was mostly faithful (minus the lack of blood) but following that again a strange choice. At the start they introduced cloths as dog tags, so why go back to regular shaped cloths ?

actually the silver cloth of Crateris is canon an it can indeed predict future events, though the whereabouts of that current silver saint are unknown, we know that in the sequel Next Dimension is the cloth of Crateris that predicts the arrival of the gold saint Oddyseus
Aug 8, 2022 6:54 AM
Apr 2020
silversaint said:
actually the silver cloth of Crateris is canon an it can indeed predict future events, though the whereabouts of that current silver saint are unknown, we know that in the sequel Next Dimension is the cloth of Crateris that predicts the arrival of the gold saint Oddyseus

That explains why neither my friend and I knew about it, we never read Next Dimension, my bad. It's a really weird choice to include it. It confuses anime-only watchers and those who never read next dimension
Aug 8, 2022 6:43 PM

Jan 2011
Kindy_ said:
silversaint said:

That explains why neither my friend and I knew about it, we never read Next Dimension, my bad. It's a really weird choice to include it. It confuses anime-only watchers and those who never read next dimension

cant say its much of a problem, this show turned Shun into a girl so id say differences with the original show are to be expected at this point
besides the original anime itself had many differences to its source material like Hyoga being dsiciple to Cristal instead of Camus
Aug 16, 2022 7:58 AM
Aug 2022
a bad script plus an average director adding a low budget, faithful continuation of the bad netflix production.
the good: many of the script holes that have been dragging since the 80's are repaired, the law of the masks, the barrier where you can only run in the 12 temples, the tectins only serve 1 time per opponent

the bad: mu was an idiot in the 80's by forgetting how to climb the stairs now he is mentally weak with meaningless motivations
without blood without violence the protagonists are never in danger of death although the golds emphasized that over and over again
It doesn't have an ost, it's been years since I heard the ost of the 80's classic, the music of this adaptation doesn't exist, I don't listen to it.
Oct 2, 2022 9:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Starts the way to cross the 12 "houses"!

Muu very benevolent!! kekeke
Oct 13, 2022 9:33 AM

Oct 2013
Let's go! I hope Sanctuary arc will be given justice. It's iconic Saint Seiya arc after all, and first 6 episodes of the previous cour were really underwhelming.
May 28, 2023 5:08 PM
May 2023
shun mulher, horror

More topics from this board

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - Battle for Sanctuary Episode 12 Discussion

deg - Oct 9, 2022

18 by Nagamasakun »»
Apr 1, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - Battle for Sanctuary Episode 11 Discussion

deg - Oct 2, 2022

6 by Adnash »»
Oct 15, 2022 10:40 AM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - Battle for Sanctuary Episode 10 Discussion

deg - Sep 26, 2022

4 by Adnash »»
Oct 14, 2022 12:07 PM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - Battle for Sanctuary Episode 9 Discussion

deg - Sep 18, 2022

8 by Adnash »»
Oct 14, 2022 11:39 AM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - Battle for Sanctuary Episode 8 Discussion

deg - Sep 12, 2022

10 by Adnash »»
Oct 14, 2022 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.