Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 24, 2010 7:16 AM

Jan 2009
Did I miss something or was anybody else surprised that the girl that poured the tea at Izaya's place was the crazy guy who's in love with Celty's head's sister?

Actually, I think Kagura89 just mentioned it... lol Is Namie her name then? I just can't keep track of all those names!

Great episode, kinda depressing for that poor reporter though... I wonder where Anri was heading so late at night... Late night date with teacher?

Loved it when the otakus ran the reporter with their van! Dude, the guy has to be dead now! First, stabbed, then run over, first by a van, then by Celty's bike, and then crushed by Shizuo with a van door!

I wonder what the Dollars are going to do to defend their much loved Shizuo from the Slasher. I also wonder how Shizuo beating up a few Yellow Turbans is going to affect the imminent gang war since he's a member of the Dollars... hmmm...

And who thinks Kida might have been linked to the Yellow Turbans' leader somehow?
Apr 24, 2010 7:19 AM

Jan 2009
Zubatuba said:
And who thinks Kida might have been linked to the Yellow Turbans' leader somehow?
More like he was the leader.
I mean, if someone like Mikado could start Dollars, why couldn't he be the leader of the Yellow Scarves (Yellow Turbans lol)
That'd be my guess at least.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 24, 2010 7:19 AM

Aug 2009
Wait wait WAIT!

One word: WHAT!? I need some questions answered here.

So wait ... no way in hell that reporter is the slasher. So he's possessed by the Saika thing (I thought that weapon was a sword and not just a short dagger =/). The girl who stabbed the reporter with Saika was the man's own daughter?. WHY did she want Anri dead? WHY does she want Shizuo dead? Perhaps she chose her father because he already wanted to meet Shizuo and gather info on him. Or perhaps the SAIKA itself wants to kill Anri and Shizuo (I don't get the 'love' part though) so does the sword/dagger has a conscience of its own? Is Haruna really the slasher? I thought it was Anri! Is Haruna actually the reporter's daughter? She looks so similar to Anri. What the heck is the Slasher and what does it want? Where do Anri and Shizuo fit in it!? And WHERE does Anri's perverted teacher come in here? Probably related to Haruna assuming she was the red eyed girl as well as in possession of the Saika. And he seems to know something about it all. Is his ulterior motive concerning Anri really something else or just sexual?
I'm all '?' here.

OK, episode comments:
This episode was drag in the beginning with the whole history of that reporter guy but the second half was great! But they finished the episode right when the action started wth!!

+ Simon speaking in his beloved accent lol
+ EVERY Shizuo moment
+ EVERY Izaya moment

- So Izaya's hired Namie as a part time maid now? She needs to die.
- No Shinra in this one =(

No matter how many times Shizuo's name appeared in the episode, there was still a shortage of him. I want MORE of his action. AND ANSWERS.
k0k0Apr 24, 2010 7:23 AM
Apr 24, 2010 7:58 AM

Nov 2007
Saika chat was creepy this episode/

Apr 24, 2010 8:12 AM

Feb 2009
Zubatuba said:
Did I miss something or was anybody else surprised that the girl that poured the tea at Izaya's place was the crazy guy who's in love with Celty's head's sister?

Actually, I think Kagura89 just mentioned it... lol Is Namie her name then? I just can't keep track of all those names!

Do you watch the opening? It's been 15 episodes there's only a few addition but all the cast are mentioned there. By now you should have memorized their names. And it was 2 or 3 episodes back that Namie started to work with Izaya. She even has that punchcard that workers use.

Episode was great. I love Simon's background music as well as Saika's. Izaya did it again in the chatroom. I think Saika is looking for the strongest so it(?) can possess him and protect Anri? The reporter himself said, "Look after her" so it must be something like that. There's a lot of clashing between the characters now, though we're still missing some, like the policeman, Saki and Kasuka. Next we get Haruna and Anri meeting.

I wonder what happened to Harima and Seiji?
Apr 24, 2010 8:30 AM
Jun 2008
Apr 24, 2010 8:39 AM

Sep 2008
Shit just getting better and better, from eps 12 stuff just get piled and running with more faster pace, i love its so much. hope it will stay like this till the end.

and I like this second OP than the first one now

for the hater of this arc. are you kidding ?
u all like more that first intro 12 eps than this adrenaline-beater arc ?
what are you hoping after all, some another moe slice of life title ?
lol, people just ridiculous... oh meybe they just not know yet about Baccano
Apr 24, 2010 8:46 AM

Mar 2009
omg wat happen to the poor reporter lol
Apr 24, 2010 9:40 AM

Dec 2008
I found the first half of the episode interesting, if only because it showed an outsider seeing all these characters that I've become used to. Seeing things from a different perspective is always cool to me, idk.

Once again the chatroom proves to be interesting. One of my friends who's also watching DRRR says the chatroom scenes annoy her, but I really like them. It was creepy to see Saika latch onto Shizuo so quickly. >:3

Speaking of Shizuo, and Izaya, really, they both just continue to be great characters, I love it.

Oh, the OP is growing on me...the ED not so much, just my opinion.

And, I can't be the only one who noticed that Shinra wasn't in this episode at all, hnhhh. 8(
Apr 24, 2010 10:11 AM

Dec 2007
I like where this arc is going.

This show only keeps getting better.
Apr 24, 2010 12:43 PM

Nov 2007
HOLY SHIT??? yet another unexpected revelation. i was nearly convinced that the slasher was his daughter, but lmao. gg, durr, gg.

I WANT A .GIF OF SHIZUO HUMPING CELTY'S MOTORBIKE. :[
Apr 24, 2010 12:46 PM

Aug 2009
jog said:
HOLY SHIT??? yet another unexpected revelation. i was nearly convinced that the slasher was his daughter, but lmao. gg, durr, gg.

But...isn't the slasher...his daughter? =/
Because we see the reporter was normal at first. He turned into 'slasher' after the real slasher (assuming it was Haruna) stabbed him with what was supposedly the Saika.

Francismeunier has already posted the shizuo bouncing GIF on the first page. =)
Apr 24, 2010 12:55 PM

Feb 2008
You pulled that number out of your ass, Shizuo.
So far my opinion of Durarara!! hasn't changed considering what a real degeneration (which I've yet to see) of the series would turn it into. Since the beginning to this day I still look forward to a new episodes.
Apr 24, 2010 1:04 PM

Nov 2007
k0k0 said:
jog said:

Because we see the reporter was normal at first. He turned into 'slasher' after the real slasher (assuming it was Haruna) stabbed him with what was supposedly the Saika.

ooooh, thanks for clearing that up, derp. /dumbo. 8D quick question though: so who was that saika in the dollars chat room who kept chanting shizuo's name? was it the reporter or the daughter? :o
Apr 24, 2010 1:36 PM

Aug 2009
jog said:
k0k0 said:
jog said:

ooooh, thanks for clearing that up, derp. /dumbo. 8D quick question though: so who was that saika in the dollars chat room who kept chanting shizuo's name? was it the reporter or the daughter? :o

No problem.
We don't know for sure. No confirmed answers regarding the slasher have been revealed yet. I doubt it's the reporter. I even doubt if he's a member of the dollars. But my best guess would be Haruna (his daughter I assume), yes. The long black haired and red-eyed girl who's supposedly the slasher. We saw a glimpse of her in the dark room, working on the laptop.

Lets see what the next episode reveals. I have so many curiosities and unanswered questions myself.
Apr 24, 2010 1:37 PM

Jun 2008
Shizu is a sexy bastard.

Walker and Erika.<3

I am convinced the new ED samples the theme song from the X-Men cartoon...but I like both the new OP and ED.

Project_MkUltra said:
Are you kidding? The series was way better before Ep 13. Ever since then this show is turning into crap.

That's a rather dismissive way of disagreeing with someone. Dunno if you've realised, but you sound like you think your opinion is superior to everyone else with that comment.
Apr 24, 2010 1:49 PM
Nov 2009
Idk if anyone has said this but it'd be awesome if Kida returns to Yellow Scarves and starts a war with Dollars(Mikado), that'd be so sweet!
Apr 24, 2010 1:51 PM

Dec 2009
myth720 said:
Shizu-chan and his crazy <333

I'm surprised he went at that guy with just the door and not the entire van ^^

LOL, I wonder if Togusa will flip out about damage to the van.
Apr 24, 2010 2:03 PM

Jul 2009

Celty is cheating!
Apr 24, 2010 2:51 PM

Jan 2010
I love Shizuo and when he was bouncing on the motercycle. lol. If the slasher does end up hurtin him, I'm going on a rampage. And if what hilarious hearing the slasher coming from that dudes mouth saying that he loves Shizuo. I like how the episode was mixed with a lot of different perspectives this time. Anyways, Celty and Shizuo make a kick ass fight time.
Apr 24, 2010 3:15 PM

Aug 2009
Celty and Shizuo are pretty aweseom as a team, looking forward to the next episode ^^
Apr 24, 2010 3:39 PM
Dec 2007
Hmmm, so THAT was the slasher ? At least the current person cursed by the blade ? Not that impressive.

Still, the first part in documentay-style was quite original and the second part was extremely well-paced and directed. And I finally understood part of the story with Niekawa Haruna (the journalist's daughter...) and her teacher that Kida revealed last ep. Overall, that was a very entertaining episode.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 24, 2010 4:34 PM
May 2008
In the beginning it felt like this episode was slow going, but by the end I was left wanting more.

I'll never tire of Izaya's キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!
Apr 24, 2010 4:36 PM

Jul 2008
i feel sorry for the reporter being possessed- hes going to hurt tomorrow!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 24, 2010 4:37 PM

Jan 2009
NNNGHOOOH said:
Me neither actually, that's like.. One of the highlights of the episode, whenever Izaya goes 'キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!' : 3
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 24, 2010 4:51 PM

Jul 2008
Diceroll said:
Fantastic episode. Durarara is only getting better IMO.

I agree. I never read the novels, so it helps not to compare it to anything.
Apr 24, 2010 5:13 PM

Feb 2008
I wish they didn't change the theme songs. I used to listen to the opening and ending theme every time but now i just skip over it. It degrades the quality of the anime I feel.
Apr 24, 2010 5:15 PM

May 2009
this episode was pretty epic explaining more about the Slasher and how it kinda works even though we don't have most of the details yet. Also Anri gets attacked a lot for no reason. And wow it looks like normal humans can turn into the slasher. And Shizuo was talked about a lot in this episode as well we already know that in that chatroom Celty,Izaya and Mikado all talk about the events in the city.And how the slasher keeps on appearing in that chatroom.
Apr 24, 2010 5:47 PM

Feb 2010
garfield15 said:

-Oh Shizuo and your "Kill kill kill kill kill" and your "there is a 0.000000000000000000000675% chance of killing someone with a stare"...

That's why I love Shizuo. He is just to adorable! Even if he is that short fused. He is my favorite character!!

I was surprised about the aparition of Shiki from Awakusu-kai in this chapter. But well,if Awakusu Kai will appear in DRRR!!,it will be in a second season,for sure.
I think that Shuji was the narrator and had a very extense introduction is because he is very related to all the Slasher stuff in some way, and he also was searching for the strongest man in Ikebukuro (the same as the Slasher,as we can see).
Haruna's face creeps me out.
And the end (Shizuo's final beat to Shuji) left me frozen and almost crying,I dunno why,the final "Crack" turn me creeped.
Actually I really hype with this series. I still finding it very awesome,tough,and I hype.
Apr 24, 2010 6:17 PM

Aug 2009
NNNGHOOOH said:
In the beginning it felt like this episode was slow going, but by the end I was left wanting more.

KITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :P
Apr 24, 2010 6:35 PM

Jan 2009
so who was the one spying on shizuo on the last episode? was it Haruna or the reporter? ^^
man.. this show keeps on getting more and more interesting
Apr 24, 2010 6:52 PM

Nov 2007
I liked the reference they made for Yotsuba&!

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 24, 2010 7:04 PM

Feb 2009
Shizuo is fucking amazing.

Apr 24, 2010 8:27 PM

Feb 2008
I love Celty and Shizuo's relatonship. Listening to Celty talk about Shizuo was pretty cute.

I feel pretty bad for the reporter getting possessed. He just wants to make his daughter happy. But now we know that the Slasher can possess people. Scary stuff. Living in Ikebukuro is no walk in the park.

Also,

キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!
Apr 24, 2010 8:44 PM

Feb 2009
KITAAAAAAAAAA!!!

キタ━━━━━━\ (` A `) /━━━━━━ !!!!
Apr 24, 2010 8:49 PM

Feb 2009
Seeing Shizuo and Celty together always put a smile on my face, to think these two are such good friends their personalities are so different.

So that slasher is some kind of disease or what, it seems the last person who get cut get possessed.

I think I heard broken bones -_-
Apr 24, 2010 9:04 PM

Mar 2009
Vizard said:
I liked the reference they made for Yotsuba&!

Ahaha, I saw that one coming as soon as he said "green-haired foreign daughter!" ;v; <33

Anyways, I anxiously await the next episode, especially after seeing that new girl in the preview...
Apr 24, 2010 10:17 PM
Dec 2008
yay more shizuo~~
this episode was really good. drrr is getting better and only better.
it seems like the slasher thing is something that passes onto people somehow.
that may be why saika-san on the chat suddenly say he wants shizuo.
really glad that shizuo got more time on this episode, seeing that recently, he hasnt been that important.

and otaku gang is always awesome~~
Apr 25, 2010 12:38 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
NNNGHOOOH said:
Me neither actually, that's like.. One of the highlights of the episode, whenever Izaya goes 'キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!' : 3
I can say the same for Shizuo and his "Izayaaaaaaaaaaaa!" That is the best....want to hear more of this!

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 25, 2010 2:33 AM
Aug 2009
ROFL Shizuo bouncing on Celty's bike! I love him.

Great episode, so Saika was Niekawa? Can't wait for next week, the preview with Shizuo laughing was great.
Apr 25, 2010 3:20 AM

Apr 2009
lol whats with the bouncing on the bike ? XD rofl

superb episode

dont want that journalist to die tho :(
Apr 25, 2010 3:28 AM

Feb 2008
love shizuo much! <3 haha lold at him bouncing on celty's motorcycle XD

so he's the slasher huh.. can't wait for the next ep

Apr 25, 2010 4:08 AM

Jan 2009
very cool episode
Apr 25, 2010 4:18 AM

Feb 2010
Great episode.

Was 99% sure that Anri would be the reporters daughter. I guess it would have been too obvious if they did do that.
Apr 25, 2010 4:29 AM

Feb 2009
PerZona said:
Great episode.

Was 99% sure that Anri would be the reporters daughter. I guess it would have been too obvious if they did do that.

Uh, the reporter's daughter is Niekawa Haruna. The reporter is Niekawa Shuji. Anri is...well Anri Sonohara. The connection is that somehow the Slasher follows Anri. And the Slasher is possessing(?) the reporter.
Apr 25, 2010 5:42 AM

Jun 2009
It's getting more and more difficult to keep track of the character relationships in this series already.
I could only recall that that reporter and Haruna have the same surname during the next-episode preview, and that they were in fact father and daughter ("ooooh so haruna's the daughter that that reporter was rambling about during the episode") 2mins after finishing the entire episode.

I fail. orz

Also, (though not too similar,) i couldn't help but think this:
oldpierApr 25, 2010 5:54 AM
Apr 25, 2010 6:27 AM

Jun 2008
I really likes this episode. I think it was one of the best.

I also like crazy sickos like the slasher so i guess this arc could go well for me.

francismeunier said:

Kagura89 said:
Oh boy things getting interesting with Haruna appear in-front of Anri in next episode:
Took another one of her Haruna.....OMG that's her! She looks like she was raped, had a abortion and traumatized in forever way......wow O_O is all I have to say to her expression.....word cannot describe it anymore.

And for some reason her crazy look turns me on. I want to make crazy wild sex with her(yeah i know am crazy too).

Celty shows her girly side by not shutting up for a minute while talking to the reporter.
Anyway what with the Shizuo obsession? Ok he a crazy strong guy but why is that reporter so crazy about that and why is the slasher obsessed with him too? Maybe the slasher is obsessed with him because she read the notes of her father about Shizuo since she's his daughter and lives in the same house. Didn't expect her to stab after her own father.

After all this we still don't know how the whole slasher thing works. How exactly is the craziness transfered?
Apr 25, 2010 6:29 AM

Oct 2007
i now support

shizuo x celty

much better than shinra x celty
Apr 25, 2010 7:11 AM
Mar 2010
Looked bad when the inerviewer swinged the knife o.O
Apr 25, 2010 8:25 AM
Jan 2010
Another enjoyable episode. I found it rather disturbing when Saika came into the chat, especially with the added voicing this time around, when she kept saying, 'I love Shizuo'. I then liked how we were then shown Celty, Mikado, and Izaya paused over their keyboards, not at all sure what to say. I suppose they never expected that. An amusing point was when Niekawa was in Izaya's office/home, and he spluttered the tea he was drinking all over himself at hearing Izaya saying 'Shizu-chan'. Weirdly sweet how possessive Izaya is about him, and I'm not just saying that from a fangirl's perspective.

I loved it when Niekawa was interviewing Simon~ mainly with the way Simon pronounces everything. Going by how Russia Sushi's owner was coloured in, I'm assuming he'll have a bigger role as the series progresses. As in, this won't be a once off appearance. I've never heard of Shiki either, I don't think, so I'm guessing he'll be another character which will show up more often. While Erika and Walker only appeared for a short while, along with Togusa and Dotachin, they really did make the scene they were in. Walker blushing was adorable, and I loved the random Yotsuba reference. Heh, wonder how Togusa will react to the damage which was on inflicted on his poor ole van.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Mar 31, 2010

336 by 2life »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.