Forum Settings
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 12, 2022 8:20 AM
Apr 2021
I love this manga not just love and it's my favorite one.
So for this topic is who will the match(and kinda obvious that two of them will win) and lastly love should i say romance whom she choose?
I just want your answers or your opinion.

Thanks.
Jul 7, 2022 3:41 AM

Oct 2020
Ok so the result was obviuos but i loved the way the author did it. For the endgame, sometimes i think Arata is the obvious pick and other times its Taichi but i wouldnt be surprised if she ends up choosing karuta. I just dont want Taichi to end up with Chihaya as a "consolation prize", he deserves a proper ending
Jul 8, 2022 8:00 AM

Oct 2012
It definitely isn't a consolation prize. Is being in love even a prize?

It's a blessing... something very special happened in chapter 246....the Japanese fans definitely are very busy with it since the chapter was released so let's see what is going on.
Jul 8, 2022 9:35 AM
Feb 2021
chiakimagoto said:
... something very special happened in chapter 246....the Japanese fans definitely are very busy with it since the chapter was released

Maybe it's this. Shinobu wonders what card was next to "Chiha". What card was paired with it (Chiha).
Jul 8, 2022 10:42 AM
Jul 2018
There's my cue to start consuming Chihayafuru.
Jul 8, 2022 10:46 PM

Oct 2012
@Roaldder, Tachi is paired with Chiha, while Chihaya thinks something along the lines *Taichi has been by my side from the start*
Jul 9, 2022 2:00 AM
Feb 2021
Shinobu is trying to know which card is going to come out. I thought it was pointing to something decisive ... It must be mangaka tricking us again.

chiakimagoto said:
while Chihaya thinks something along the lines *Taichi has been by my side from the start*

Chihaya's thoughts about Taichi are always ambiguous, you never know how to interpret them.

RoaldderJul 9, 2022 2:28 AM
Jul 9, 2022 5:49 AM

Sep 2012
There is no character pronoun during this scene so Chihaya did not think "Taichi has been by my side from the start". The wording itself in original Japanese is vague for some reason-I was told by a native speaker that such wording depends on how the scene plays out. While it's Chihaya's POV, I believe the addition of Arata is supposed to let us readers know that this is how they both feel-that Taichi has always been with them from the beginning hence there being two flashback scenes. One of Chihaya/Taichi first forming the club (which was originally started to meet Arata) and the other being a trio scene (the one where Arata tells Chihaya that if he's the Meijin then she's the Queen). Even the Brazilian translation went with "Taichi, he's been by our side since the beginning" for this specific scene. From the moment Taichi walks into the room, it's a clear trio moment since both Chihaya and Arata decided to keep "Taichi" by their side. And in the following scene, we see that the "Taichi" take is all about him returning to both Chihaya/Arata instead of just a solo moment/hug with Chihaya. I do believe this is why Taichi has been so indecisive (to stay or leave Omi Jingu) in this final stretch-ultimately it lead to him entering the room during this key scene so that he could get one final big moment alongside his companions. While he's not physically next to them on the tatami, his spirit was with them. It's a very beautiful scene, and I hope this is the moment his character realizes just how loved he is by his oldest friends!
possession1981Jul 9, 2022 6:12 AM
The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free.
Jul 10, 2022 4:52 PM

Oct 2012
@Roaldder, I can't say yet because I haven't seen the scan, although team Iroha has 1 Japanese native person on the team plus the 2 others Japanese speaking...we'll see what they say

What I do know on the Japanese site 2ch, the comments about this chapter are heavily confirming Chihaya's pov, that she is the one thinking *by my side*....when the scan comes out I'll be glad to pass on the info why that is so. Anyway lots of Taichi fans that hardly dared comment anymore are all back commenting like crazy on 2ch. XD

For now let's wait what team Iroha decides. The Russian translator decided on the *you have always been here by my side* so ... it's not an easy thing to translate ..you have to follow the sequence carefully to understand.
chiakimagotoJul 10, 2022 5:01 PM
Jul 10, 2022 5:37 PM

Jan 2020
Taichihaya ❤️
Jul 11, 2022 1:21 AM
Feb 2021
@chiakimagoto, @possession1981
Perhaps there is a twofold explanation. A karuta explanation where both Arata and Chihaya would say so, because Taichi has accompanied them playing karuta from the beginning, and another emotional, where only Chihaya is saying that Taichi has always been by her side, always supporting her. Being able to be interpreted in both ways, perhaps it is the way in which it should be interpreted.

Jul 11, 2022 2:15 AM
Sep 2020
— The wording itself in original Japanese is vague for some reason.

Why didn't anyone even ask why it is vague? I really think it's strange that Sensei doesn't specify the exact definition of this scene.
Japanese fans for some reason (not even Taichi fans) interpret that scene as Chihaya's monologue and what she says is that Taichi is by her side (continuation of chapter 234). We haven't seen Arata's longing for Taichi all this time, honestly.
For me, it is logical to assume that this is "by my side" if we have the scene of two paired cards before.
And this chapter perfectly describes the connection of the three main characters since their childhood.

I also asked a native Japanese speaker and they said: since this scene is related to the previous page where tachi+ chiha are paired cards, this scene can be interpreted as "by my side".
Sensei specially uses ambiguous writing so each interpretation can be interpreted correctly. We'll see it in 21 days.

This chapter is definitely about the trio, It was beautiful how Sensei used Taichi's poem to reunite the trio, but we saw that the focus of Chihaya's win was on Taichi and Chihaya on that page, that floating card.
Honestly, I would myself choose two options: first - by our side, and then - by my side. Taichi has been there on their karuta journey since the start + Taichi has been by Chihaya's side and closest to her all this time.

I also believe that this chapter didn't solve anything romantically, since the main idea and meaning was about the win of the chihayafuru team, but I also think there is something deeper than "my companion/my friend".
AdoraLinnJul 11, 2022 4:27 AM
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.
Jul 11, 2022 6:17 AM

Sep 2012
@AdoraMoonn

To fans outside of Japan, such wording might come across as vague or ambiguous-a literal translation of the scene would be "by side". Apparently, it's just how the Japanese language works, it has something to do with the lack of pronouns. That's why the panels themselves are important since the visuals/context help us understand. I've spoken to two different Japanese speakers, and they feel "our" makes the most sense during the scene. And it seems that Brazilian translators felt the same.

As for the win take itself, I'm not sure what you're talking about. There is no focus on just Chihaya because we have the floating Taichi card, two hands protecting the card, and two panels for Shinobu/Suo to show that each hand panel belongs to Chihaya and Arata. When we get Chihaya's focus on the next page, it's all related to Shinobu.

@Roaldder

Yes, you could be right. It might a scene that's supposed to be interpreted in two ways. It's just that the trio scenes overshadow everything else (to me) because of how prominent they are in this chapter. This is how I'm currently viewing things-the "Tare" take in an earlier chapter was the solo Chihaya/Taichi moment while the "Taichi" take and everything surrounding it, is about Team Chihayafuru. The user above mentioned a fitting translation-only I would change the order because of how the flashbacks are introduced-first we get "my" for the flashback scene of Taichi/Chihaya starting the club and then "our" for the trio flashback.
possession1981Jul 11, 2022 7:01 AM
Jul 11, 2022 6:55 AM

Oct 2012
It looks like the Japanese readers on 2ch understood it quite clearly..

It because before Chihaya thinks these words, Shinobu thinks about the Hyankunin Isdhu and which card is paired with Chiha..... following her thoughts.... Arata isn't on the screen, only Tachi and Chiha....a pair.

They might have been bros but Chihaya isn't Narihara or anything:we could translate Shinobu's arena, into Chihaya arena, then you will understand.
chiakimagotoJul 11, 2022 6:59 AM
Jul 11, 2022 6:58 AM

Sep 2012
You mean the Japanese readers who ship Taichi x Chihaya. I lurk the threads myself, and there are many different kinds of comments, but I'm sure you won't mention those since they don't fit your shipping agenda.
Jul 11, 2022 7:01 AM

Oct 2012
Just like you didn't mention the screen in your initial post.

20 more days and we will see
Jul 11, 2022 7:05 AM

Sep 2012
I didn't mention the screen in this thread because I spoke it over with the user in the chapter thread, plus I don't think the screen scene is related to romance-I've already read a translation of the chapter. I believe that scene was more about Shinobu, you can see my post in the other thread. But if you're going to take her comment as meta-commentary despite knowing nothing of the bond between Taichi and Chihaya then I guess we can do the same with the "Arata is her core" comment by Taichi's mom when talking about Chihaya.
possession1981Jul 11, 2022 7:09 AM
Jul 11, 2022 7:08 AM

Oct 2012
It's a flow,

Whatever,

Sensei can do what she wants.

I definitely don't know her mind and will wait and see what she wants to do. It's all done and the knots are tied so we will just have to accept whatever she decides.

I'm already grateful Taichi got this beautiful moment with his friends...an imagenary moment, so I just hope that when meeting face to face it will be clear to him....them both choosing Tachi over Se was already so gratifying.
chiakimagotoJul 11, 2022 7:11 AM
Jul 11, 2022 7:09 AM
Sep 2020
possession1981 said:
@AdoraMoonn

To fans outside of Japan, such wording might come across as vague or ambiguous-a literal translation of the scene would be "by side". Apparently, it's just how the Japanese language works, it has something to do with the lack of pronouns. That's why the panels themselves are important since the visuals/context help us understand. I've spoken to two different Japanese speakers, and they feel "our" makes the most sense during the scene. And it seems that Brazilian translators felt the same.

As for the win take itself, I'm not sure what you're talking about. There is no focus on just Chihaya because we have the floating Taichi card, two hands protecting the card, and two panels for Shinobu/Suo to show that each hand panel belongs to Chihaya and Arata. When we get Chihaya's focus on the next page, it's all related to Shinobu.

It all depends on our interpretation, we cannot claim what is more correct and what is not.
I know how Japanese works, since we are not native speakers of this language, then we interpret how we feel and see this chapter.
I've spoken to several native Japanese speakers who said that Sensei's writing is difficult for understanding, and the sequence with paired cards can also be an important detail and, besides, it is related to Chihaya's monologue. They feel that "my side" is more appropriate because of the sequence we got in this chapter, and based on previous details such as: I feel his presence/ the boy who worked hard with me etc.

That's why I mentioned in my previous comment that each interpretation could be correct based on our own feelings and perceptions.

"Our side" might be more suitable based on the reader's interpretation, but this is not a fact. Even you emphasize in your analysis that it is vague for some reason. Strange, isn't it?

Despite this, most native Japanese speakers on that famous forum (not only Taichi fans), for some reason, tend to believe that this monologue is more focused on Taichi and Chihaya rather than the trio. Undoubtedly, the chapter is about the trio, but, as I mentioned before, we see that on the page where Chihaya has a monologue, we have the focus is on the floating card and Taichi and Chihaya. It has nothing to do with Shinobu, Arata or Suo. Please, reread, if you omitted this panel.

Brazilian translators chose "our side", Russian translators chose "my side". And this once again confirms that everything depends on the perception of the scene.
AdoraLinnJul 11, 2022 7:19 AM
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.
Jul 11, 2022 7:12 AM

Sep 2012
@AdoraMoonn

Yes, I did mention vague, but it seems it's actually not. It's just how the Japanese language works! And the native Japanese readers in favor of such a reading obviously ship Taichi x Chihaya, which is fine. But let's not act like there aren't opposite comments in the forum. This also isn't the first time Taichi fans from 2ch have celebrated only to be disappointed later on. I remember when a lot of them on the forum claimed Taichi would win against Arata.
Jul 11, 2022 7:21 AM

Oct 2012
We have all been proven wrong here and there by Sensei.

Btw I never thought Taichi would beat Arata in the challengers.... because Arata has always been the karuta lead to me and his shrine panel so well shows who his most important person was and his dream connected to exactly that.

While Taichi and Chihaya made the club "together, had mutual smiles in their shrine panels and now Sensei just confirmed Tachi and Chiha being a pair, something we all knew already....sure gives us "hope" there is more.

Who knows, can't really be sure about what Sensei has been thinking
Jul 11, 2022 7:25 AM

Dec 2016
I personally hope for a TaichixChihaya ending. I think the shrine panels.. He was always there gave me hope. So I am just waiting for the last chapter. May the best man win
Jul 11, 2022 7:25 AM
Sep 2020
possession1981 said:
@AdoraMoonn

Yes, I did mention vague, but it seems it's actually not. It's just how the Japanese language works! And the native Japanese readers in favor of such a reading obviously ship Taichi x Chihaya, which is fine. But let's not act like there aren't opposite comments in the forum. This also isn't the first time Taichi fans from 2ch have celebrated only to be disappointed later on. I remember when a lot of them on the forum claimed Taichi would win against Arata.

Please, do not behave as if your perception and interpretation is the most correct. And it's not worth teaching me how the Japanese language works.
I know perfectly well how many fans on that forum who prefer another boy have been neglecting Taichi all this time, but for some reason, you choose what is convenient for you and confidently assert that exactly what you feel and see is right.
Jul 11, 2022 7:30 AM

Oct 2012
Let's put it this way: wouldn't the ARATA fans have been insanely happy to see Wata paired up with Chiha on the screen?

Having Chihaya think those words right after?

Is it romance? Idk but it definitely is something wildly strong.
chiakimagotoJul 11, 2022 7:36 AM
Jul 11, 2022 7:42 AM

Sep 2012
@AdoraMoonn
I don’t think my reading is the sole correct one. I was sharing another interpretation and the fact that there is no “by” in the Japanese text like the user above stated, but I see that you did not call her out for this. And it’s ironic that you say I pick what’s convenient for me when two users here (one of them being yourself) basically stated that Japanese fans have one reading of this chapter instead of telling the whole truth-that there are all kinds of comments on the forum.

@chiakimagoto
No, because the poems were written by siblings. Plus the pair line came from Shinobu. And Chihaya thinking Taichi has always been there since the beginning isn’t really a big deal to me since Arata is included in everything. I might have felt differently if it was a solo Chihaya/Taichi moment instead of a trio one.
Jul 11, 2022 7:45 AM

Oct 2012
Taichi and Chihaya aren't siblings... that's a fact

And Chihaya doesn't resemble Narihara from a mile...if anyone does it would be Taichi

In Chihaya's arena Tachi = Taichi

Btw Tsuku is Komano's poem but he doesn't resemble the poet either

What I see is that Chihaya won her first match on Tare,
Second match right after her thoughts *he has always been here*

While looking at Kyoko tan read poem 13 Taichi is right behind her.... interesting to dive into the poem and background there.
Winning card Tachi....

Maybe Chihaya considered them always a "pair" herself...
Some good back reading is necessary....we were maybe concentrating on the wrong card from the start
chiakimagotoJul 11, 2022 7:51 AM
Jul 11, 2022 7:49 AM

Sep 2012
chiakimagoto said:
In Chihaya's arena Tachi = Taichi

Yes, we’ve known for a while she associates this card with Taichi. And now we know that Arata feels the same. As I said above, if this was a solo moment-say Taichi entering her Mizusawa dreamscape with a hug between just her and Taichi then I would have felt differently. But everything about Taichis entrance/take (to me) was about team Chihayafuru. I’m actually really surprised that Taichi (and Kana) didn’t enter her dreamscape.
Jul 11, 2022 7:54 AM
Sep 2020
possession1981 said:
@AdoraMoonn
I don’t think my reading is the sole correct one. I was sharing another interpretation and the fact that there is no “by” in the Japanese text like the user above stated, but I see that you did not call her out for this. And it’s ironic that you say I pick what’s convenient for me when two users here (one of them being yourself) basically stated that Japanese fans have one reading of this chapter instead of telling the whole truth-that there are all kinds of comments on the forum.

Yes, indeed, it is ironic that you share information that you got from two Japanese speakers, then claim that it is vague, but "our side" is still more correct.

And then you claim that there is no scene (floating card/Chihaya) in the chapter and only Japanese Taichi fans tend to interpret this scene in this way because of the shipping.
I see the same situation with the other side of the fandom who chooses what is convenient for them.

We can argue endlessly, but I think it's tactless how you tend to generalize, as I see above, because even Arata fans also mentioned that this is Chihaya's monologue about Taichi.
I don't choose comments that are convenient for me. It really could be all about the trio after all.
Jul 11, 2022 7:54 AM

Oct 2012
Ah maybe he will enter the real deal....btw Chihaya doesn't have to be scared of Taichi entering....he isn't a rival

"Even if Arata enters the Mizusawa club room, he cannot win"

It's her safe place and anyone who enters her "arena" doesn't scare her

Again we only can enjoy or endure Sensei's writing....
chiakimagotoJul 11, 2022 8:00 AM
Jul 11, 2022 7:59 AM

Sep 2012
chiakimagoto said:
Ah maybe he will enter the real deal....btw Chihaya doesn't have to be scared of Taichi entering....he isn't a rival

"Even if Arata enters the Mizusawa club room, he cannot win"

I don’t think it has nothing to do with rivals since the other Mizusawa members entered the room and so did younger Chihaya.

@AdoraMoonn
What are you talking about? There is the floating card scene, I never denied that. But it’s not just a Chihaya focused scene. In the two-page spread we have the card, two hands covering the card, and a Shinobu/Suo panel. I can post the panel when I have the time if you like.
Jul 11, 2022 8:04 AM
Sep 2020
— What are you talking about? There is the floating card scene, I never denied that. But it’s not just a Chihaya focused scene. In the two-page spread we have the card, two hands covering the card, and a Shinobu/Suo panel. I can post the panel when I have the time if you like.[/quote]

There is no need to send it here, I know, but also we have a panel focused only on Chihaya where is her monologue, that's why I chose "our/my side".
P. S. I do not know how to quote it.
Jul 11, 2022 8:04 AM

Oct 2012
It's the words she thought about Arata, not him entering the clubroom. Look at Arata's words about his safe place ...and Chihaya doesn't have the same safe place but does have the same feelings about her own safe place.

Have a good journey to the end of the story ...this is our last time....after everything will be settled by Sensei and goodbyes will be made. A book will close and we will all move on.

Whatever happens, it was already a great journey.
Jul 11, 2022 8:22 AM
Jul 2022
possession1981 said:
@AdoraMoonn

The thing here is, that it was not only the Taichi fans. I saw many Arata fans being so angry and upset about this. Why? Because they believed they were Chihaya's thoughts.
Jul 11, 2022 8:42 AM

Jun 2011
I am not caught up with Chihayafuru, but I've been stalking the Chihayafuru subreddit for the past few weeks because it's close to the ending.. and once 246 leaked everyone started talking about Taichihaya.. I dread that ending so much. Seems like the 246 leak hints towards that possibility.

But, anything beats a friendship ending. It would be very disappointing if we don't get a closure for either Taichihaya or Chiharata, and takes the vanilla route of "I just want the 3 of us to be together forever" after years of teasing.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 11, 2022 11:14 AM
Feb 2021
If the Japanese have doubts about how to interpret it, may be suetsugu has done it on purpuse.

I think suetsugu tells us with the images. The first image that appears when "Taichi has been by ? side since the beginning" is the image of Chihaya and Taichi very tired after having put the tatami pieces. The moment when the two start the club. The next image is from the moment after Chihaya beat Taichi in the karuta school tournament. Chihaya tells Taichi that Arata is going to be the meijin and Arata thinks Chihaya the queen. The first image would be Taichi-Chihaya moment and it would be Taichi has always been by my side since the beginning, and it's something that only Chihaya thinks. And the second image would be the trio moment, so Taichi has always been by our side since the beginning.

About Taichi not entering Chihaya's special room I have a crazy theory. Arata's special room was the room in that old run-down apartment where he played karuta against Chihaya when they were children. It was a place with a person inside. What if Taichi doesn't come into the room because he's already inside, with chihaya because "he's always been here" "he has been by my side from the beginning"?

RoaldderJul 11, 2022 12:25 PM
Jul 11, 2022 11:20 AM

Oct 2012
That's exactly what I think....he always was there.....

They made it together....two people....he was the pillar of the club as said in the manga....she is also a pillar.....both made it work together wonderfully
Jul 14, 2022 10:01 AM

Sep 2012
Can finally get back to this now that I'm on my laptop. I hate discussing with multiple people on the phone since the tag system is so annoying!

@Roaldder
Interesting theory. Why do you think Kana didn't enter the room? I noticed that Mizusawa members were entering together so I thought that maybe Taichi/Kana would enter as a pair in 246.

@AdoraMoonn
If you want me to post the floating card scene I can! Looking at it again, Suetsugu even made sure to show that one of the hands belongs to Arata since we can see the injury on his finger. You said this "but we saw that the focus of Chihaya's win was on Taichi and Chihaya on that page, that floating card." and there's only one floating card scene which isn't Chihaya focused. That's where I got confused, but I never denied it. I just explained what the actual page looks like.
possession1981Jul 14, 2022 10:06 AM
Jul 14, 2022 2:09 PM
Feb 2021
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Kana's card, Oe Yama, didn't appear. Chihaya took Tago.

Chihaya's special place is Mizusawa's club room. A place where Chihaya has experienced many emotions, a room strongly linked to Taichi too. "he's always been here" and "he has always been by my side from the beginning" (with the image of the two tired after having put the tatami in that room) -> Taichi has always been here with me. Just a theory.
Or maybe he didn't go in because Chihaya thinks that Taichi has given up on karuta.
Jul 15, 2022 10:08 AM

Sep 2012
Roaldder said:
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Kana's card, Oe Yama, didn't appear. Chihaya took Tago.

Chihaya's special place is Mizusawa's club room. A place where Chihaya has experienced many emotions, a room strongly linked to Taichi too. "he's always been here" and "he has always been by my side from the beginning" (with the image of the two tired after having put the tatami in that room) -> Taichi has always been here with me. Just a theory.
Or maybe he didn't go in because Chihaya thinks that Taichi has given up on karuta.

"Tago" actually belongs to Kana as well! Chihaya calls it her poem in chapter 204. And "Oe" was read this final match, it's just that Shinobu took it. As for Kana and Taichi not entering her dreamscape, it seems like it's just something we'll never know the answer to. It's like the second match, Chihaya won with a card that she connected to Tsutomu and Shinobu saw his little chibi figure among the cards, but never saw chibi Taichi or Kana or Arata with their cards lol.
Jul 28, 2022 3:48 PM

Oct 2017
Anybody can tell me in which chapter will end up the manga? It's gonna be released in August?
-¡Give yourself to me!
Jul 29, 2022 12:05 AM

May 2009
Jul 29, 2022 1:43 AM

Jan 2021
I want to click it but I have to hold myself back for just three more days, stay strong to the person thinking of doing this, BE BETTER.

Jul 29, 2022 11:01 AM

Jun 2011
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

More topics from this board

» Problem with this manga.

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 22

3 by Suiely_c-ute »»
Mar 28, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 247 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MaahHeim - Jul 31, 2022

197 by chiakimagoto »»
Mar 18, 1:31 AM

» Chihayafuru Sequel - Chihayafuru plus - kimi ga tame announced

ItzElite - Oct 31, 2023

19 by CelticMindset »»
Jan 2, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 205 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

79 by Zooincle »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:39 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 134 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2014

15 by Zooincle »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.