Forum Settings
Forums
Teasing Master Takagi-san
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 10, 2022 5:19 PM
wonder stella
Jul 2021
Its based and awesome.
Jun 12, 2022 11:02 PM
Jun 2020
Amazing first half, slightly weaker latter half when the main storyline kicks in. The night scenes were absolutely stunning and probably the highlight of the whole movie for me. Sadly as I mentioned before the whole second half was slightly weaker for me personally but still enjoyable. Also a fairly rushed ending but very satisfactory overall and exceeded my expectations.
Jun 15, 2022 5:46 AM

Mar 2014
that was an amazing movie, and the finale was insane!!!
if you liked the 3 seasons , this will blow your mind!
I Freaking loved the Movie!
9/10
Jun 17, 2022 5:00 AM

May 2017
I loved it so much! It made me cry at the end. 10/10
Jul 6, 2022 4:42 AM
Oct 2021
Was a great movie I just finished watching it, the beginning was kind of slow but the middle to the end was great!
Aug 2, 2022 7:51 AM

Oct 2007
It was a solid movie, a bit short (70mins), but achieves what's expected. If you liked the 3 seasons, there's nothing particularly new with the movie. The night scenes were great (just like the ending of season 2), animation-wise nothing too surprising.

The 2nd half was a bit slow, but it had to be that way to hit the emotional climax properly. Got to see Chi at the end <3
Aug 14, 2022 11:30 AM

Feb 2019
Just leaving the cinema from seeing the movie, my cinema was full of 40-50 year old men lmao what an awesome experience.

Went with my mom and we absolutely loved the film. Nishikata and Takagi’s summer project to take care of Hana was so heartwarming. Couldn’t help but let out a squeal when nishikata promised to always keep Takagi happy “forever. Always” 3 seasons of build up and I wasn’t disappointed at all.

I also loved sanae, yukari etc sideplot. I thought theirs was just as emotional. Will miss this series a lot, at least we still have ayumu
Aug 14, 2022 12:44 PM

Jun 2012
Just left the movie theater and I'm still teary eyed. what a wonderful movie. The experience of childcare via a kitten, so sweet. They really matured in the movie and I was really happy to see it. Both personality wise and visually. The confession was everything I wanted it to be and more, their promise to both make eachother happy forever was so impactful. The scene after the credits got tears rolling down my face.

This was such a good ending for the animated series.

STAY AFTER THE CREDITS!!!
KoshiiAug 14, 2022 4:29 PM
Aug 14, 2022 1:58 PM
Apr 2015
Didn't expect this movie to be so emotional, but damn worth it though. 9/10

Aug 14, 2022 2:04 PM
Jul 2019
Loved this movie. It was very cute, a great ending to this series.
Aug 14, 2022 4:28 PM
Jun 2022
Definitely cute af! I just wasn't happy that Hamaguchi didn't get a real resolution like I hoped for. Aside from that the movie was great!
KlassicEraAug 14, 2022 4:51 PM
Aug 14, 2022 4:51 PM

Nov 2021
That was an amazing movie, it was a lot more emotional than the show. My theater was basically sold out too. Everyone was cheering at the post credit scene which was cool lol.
Aug 14, 2022 4:58 PM

Aug 2020
So happy I got to see this in theatres when it aired. Loved the movie and the scene with Takagi crying was especially amazing. So glad they added that scene after the credits, I was hoping they were going to add that the entire time I was waiting through the credits and I was pleasantly surprised.
Your waifu loves you ❤️
Aug 14, 2022 5:35 PM
Jan 2021
cuckles said:
So happy I got to see this in theatres when it aired. Loved the movie and the scene with Takagi crying was especially amazing. So glad they added that scene after the credits, I was hoping they were going to add that the entire time I was waiting through the credits and I was pleasantly surprised.

I didn’t feel like staying after the credits. Mind telling me what happened?
Aug 14, 2022 7:22 PM

Jul 2012
ViciousAnime_ said:
cuckles said:

I didn’t feel like staying after the credits. Mind telling me what happened?

It showed their daughter at the torch festival with the duo grown up. They take a back path and see fireflies.

Overall I'm kind of sitting at a 7/10 score on it, and that's because its Takagi. If this really is the end, I might bump it down to 6/10. I thought it was very rushed with the ending, and it didn't feel like the promise moment Nishikata made hit as hard as it could've before it. I wanted there to be at least 30 mins more after that scene, but it only ended up being like five.

Really hoping we get a more dramatic real confession or something as an anime only viewer.
Aug 14, 2022 7:57 PM
Dec 2020
I had a ton of fun with it! The animation was excellent and the writing and voice performances are just as good as you would expect. There were so many cute and wholesome scenes but the movie kept a good pace throughout.

As a fan of the series it was an absolute treat to watch.
Aug 29, 2022 8:49 AM
Mar 2021
With the tail of the movie I hope they go ahead and make an anime from the spin-off series too.
Sep 20, 2022 9:07 AM
Aug 2021
very abrupt ending. cat is very plot-devicy.
the sound and music are good though.
Oct 22, 2022 11:22 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Not going to lie, but I expected a bit more from this. I just don't get why they decided to only go with an hour and thirteen minutes of screentime including the ED theme songs, the movie could've seriously worked with a few extra minutes. Especially for the next phase of their lives as a couple and the ending (Motou) segment.

Anyways, that aside, it was nice to see the two and the other characters back again, albeit with a bit more of a melancholic vibe because of the impending graduation from middle school. My man, Nishikata, was clearly a lot more affected by it and became even easier to trick, lol. Takagi-san breaking down after Hana's leave would suggest otherwise as she probably bottled a lot of the emotions but the confession there from Nishikata to cheer her up was spot-on. Didn't think he'd have the balls to go for it honestly.

Scenes with Hana were nice and chill but I knew reality would hit at some point and that, it certainly did. For it to be during such a critical time though, well that's life. It was interesting to see that the gift (bell) was passed on to their house pet, at least that stayed with them ig. As for the Motou segment, I was really hoping for some more. All they showed was one instance of Nishikata getting tricked (as if we haven't seen enough of that already, xD), closure to the hotaru date and the new pet. It basically did just the bare minimum and nothing else -_-

Did Houjo-san never come back, xD? Poor Hamaguchi. I feel like I missed something, it can't just be that they totally left that string untied...

Regardless, it was still a 7/10 imo. I've a hell of a week coming because of my mid-terms and whatnot but I just had to for this movie, lmao. Ironically, the movie length is what justified it for me but after coming out of the theatres, I was really bothered by its shortness. Oh, and yeah, there's a few great Rieri-san's track, ain't nobody out there who hates that, am I right?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 12, 2022 3:56 PM

Nov 2018
Just watched the film in the theater.

That was magnificent.

Animation wise, it wasn't really anything notably different from the anime, it's just like they're three and a half episodes consecutively. But it doesn't matter because I loved every second of it and had a smile almost permanently during the film.

I really enjoyed it only excluding some slight audio issues although that's on the theater, not the movie.

I hope it did well enough in Japan and whichever select international theaters it will be showing in so we can get another season. I need it.
GRAYLIGHTNINGNov 12, 2022 4:00 PM
Nov 17, 2022 8:20 AM

May 2021
masterpiece to be honest. Not even a single frame was disappointing absolutely flawless
Nov 18, 2022 10:02 AM

Dec 2013
What a perfect way to wrap things up, as pure and wholesome of a romance from beginning to end, the after credits scene alone made it a 10/10, it was also really nice to see that tiny bit of how much Kimura and Takao grew as persons, not just that but I loved the scenes with Ashita wa Doyoubi girls, Mina is just too cute and lovely.

Also don't be that person and don't use bells on your pets please.
Nov 20, 2022 1:02 PM

Dec 2020
Hate to say it as a fan of the series but I am disappointed with the rushed ending :(
Nov 25, 2022 6:46 AM
Jul 2021
Loved it! Their interactions are really cute, although it seems very short. Overall, a 10/10 very satisfactory movie to me.
Nov 25, 2022 10:12 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The last story, the last joker, the last tear, the last...., the last... , the last.... 4ever!!!!

2 minutes to watch the future of both characteres!!!
This summer was more bland, the cat story is interesting, but too much to make a movie!!!!

Bye, bye!!! kekeke
Nov 27, 2022 8:32 AM
Jun 2022
I've watched this. And i also had watched the whole series before.

Takagi-san is a good romcom+SoL+iyashikei. The whole story in the movie are enjoyable and heartwarming as always.

The ending phase reminds me to "Tsuki Ga Kirei", both have happy ending, the difference just the MC's are not crying at the end. No more comment, just watch it. Make sure u stay after the credits.

7,5/10 ⭐
Nov 27, 2022 5:17 PM

Mar 2018
Watched it at the movie theater today (yes, the blu-ray was released before the movie came to my country, kinda sad). It was a perfect experience, loved every second of it.
Nov 27, 2022 9:44 PM
Jul 2018
Not disappointed. I'd absolutely consider this film to be proper closure, not even counting the post-credit sequence, which caught me off guard and gave quadruple proper closure lol.

It was crazy seeing Nishikata and Takagi both crying in such an emotional way. I think that's the hardest we've seen them crying on screen. And the emotional maturity of Nishikata throughout the film's duration, especially in the latter half, was gratifying to watch after seasons of his bashfulness.

I originally thought "huh, the premise for the final installment of this series is based around a kitten?" I didn't have high hopes, and wasn't expecting much. But I was pleasantly surprised. Seeing how the kitten served as a vessel for their pair's relationship.

Aside from a few VERY tasteful solemn moments, this was a rather chill and wholesome slice-of-life movie, that should serves as a perfect example for the genre. This is the EPITOME of a slice-of-life done right -- chill and tastefully mundane yet entertaining and not boring. And just enough plot development to keep things interesting.

Takagi was always such an abrasive and almost dominating figure too, so it was nice seeing Nishikata stand on more equal footing with Takagi throughout the film's duration. They both took equal initiative, I think.

Finally, as always, the setting is beautiful. I forget where the setting is, but it's on an island, right? Must be an incredible place to live during the summertime. Always by the glistening water. These characters are living the dream life. 🙏

Edit... in hindsight, though, the Houjou and Hamaguchi C plot was never resolved. 😅 So that's one thing that doesn't have closure hehe. Other than Hamaguchi just being depressed
removed-userNov 27, 2022 10:23 PM
Nov 30, 2022 6:42 PM

Aug 2018
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san Movie
Takagi-san movie, after the third season I was waiting for it a lot. And I also wished it could be released in theaters...and it happened.
The movie was VERY BEAUTIFUL <3!!!
It was very cute and entertaining. The moments Takagi and Nishikata have are precious and more when they were together with Hana. Who is also adorable. And when they make a promise to each other to be happy, very cute.
And now, talking about something TOO important, the post-credits scene. IT WAS TOO BEAUTIFUL AHHHHH <3!!!!!

Now yes, it seems that this is the end of the anime. But, we will have to see if they will make it about the spin-off, hopefully they will do it.
Takagi-san anime I started watching practically since it came out in 2018, and with it, it was my urge to start watching a lot more anime.
My first Slice of life, school and romance anime.
This anime will forever be one of my favorites <3

Mod Edit: Removed images. Posts must not contain more than one screenshot.
KayKimiiJan 16, 2023 6:16 PM
Dec 5, 2022 9:41 PM

Jul 2016
That stray kitten must be the most adorable plot device I have seen in all my life.

Pretty good movie overall. Not gonna lie, the fact that it actually had both story progression and romantic development surprised me beyond belief. Really liked its direction and more melancholic tone as well.
Dec 7, 2022 7:36 AM
Mar 2017
A very sweet closing. I hope there is an anime adaptation for his son
Dec 12, 2022 3:28 PM
Jun 2020
The movie is great, but god, if it wasn't the credits, I would never know who were Hana's and Katsuo's voice actors. They are unrecognizable.
Dec 21, 2022 1:48 AM

Aug 2020
SouthRzVa said:
That stray kitten must be the most adorable plot device I have seen in all my life.

Pretty good movie overall. Not gonna lie, the fact that it actually had both story progression and romantic development surprised me beyond belief. Really liked its direction and more melancholic tone as well.

Yeah. What I also liked is that the plot didn't go the route of having them searching for Hana for a long time, then get emotional and perhaps start blaming each other, as you would expect when loss and emotions are involved. The way they resolved it was both emotional and original enough too.
Dec 22, 2022 1:08 AM
Dec 2021
The ending made me want to cry. The storyline was good
Dec 23, 2022 8:36 AM
May 2019
I remember me watching the 1st season and I instantly loved this show. And after 3 seasons we got the best fucking finale I could ever wish for. I am so happy rn. What a beautiful ride it was. Thank you, Takagi-San.
Dec 23, 2022 7:19 PM
Mar 2022
What an amazing movie it was!!! The visuals and music were phenomenal for SOLish feel. About the story first part was cute about the fireflies legend. Couldn't be more happy seeing them raise the kitten like parents, it was damn wholesome. End credit scenes were icing on the cake, hope one day moto series also get adopted. Overall amazing experience that kept a smile all the time when movie played. Definitely will rewatch it in a summer season and hoping for more in new seasons.
Dec 25, 2022 4:54 PM

Apr 2013
My Xmas was awesome just because of this movie. Ahhh, I hope for a new season (even more with them as adults <3)

.·:*¨ 𝕾𝖊𝖙 𝕸𝖊 𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟬:𝟱𝟱 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟯:𝟮𝟲
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Dec 27, 2022 9:50 AM
Mar 2022
What an amazing movie. This was well worth the wait.
Dec 27, 2022 4:59 PM

Aug 2008
I'm disappointed to be honest.  Was waiting for 3 seasons for the confession and when it came it felt out of nowhere.  As if a switch was flipped changing Nishikata's trait of always blushing whenever anything came close indicating romance with Takagi to promising to make her happy.  Was so sudden that I couldn't feel any emotion behind it as there was no buildup toward it.  Them helping a kitten is not enough to be the catalyst, sorry.  The jump to the pair and their child after the credits would also have felt stronger with that buildup but what should have been impactful left me empty.  Sad that this show would leave me like this.  Felt more emotion toward that trio of girls staying together through high school than Nishikata and Takagi getting together! 
Jan 1, 2023 11:26 AM

Aug 2013
10/10
Perfect movie.
Visuals were even better than in 3rd season.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 1, 2023 2:29 PM

Oct 2009
Felt like more of the same as the first 3 seasons - the movie didn't feel better or worse; it was just as good as the anime so definitely worth the watch if you're invested.

As "flat" as the ending may have felt, this is the kind of teasing non-confession confession that we've been seeing for 3 seasons and therefore should not be surprised at. It was still a very heart-warming 1.5 hours. I'm glad I watched it.
Jan 1, 2023 11:11 PM

Sep 2018
Well, it was somewhat of a confession lol... What a great movie, a lot of the scenes really symbolized potential adulthood and parenting with Takagi and Nishikata (you look like a Father scene and taking care of the kitten together), really well done and very wholesome. 

I really hope this isn't the end. Another 10/10 addition for Takaki-san, probably all time favourite "couple" in anime.  
Jan 2, 2023 1:35 AM

Sep 2021
wew beautifully made. best young love anime franchise imo.

in some future time, Motto Takagi-san will be animated. I'm pretty sure it will. 💞💞💞
Jan 2, 2023 8:42 AM

Nov 2013
Awww... Easy 10 for me.

After-credit scene made it PERFECT!

Kudos to the studio and people behind this.

Chi was adorable!

Amazing movie.
Jan 2, 2023 11:18 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
After credits scene absolutely made my day.
Jan 2, 2023 12:07 PM
Nov 2021
Lol they were just one day late. Had they gotten that collar earlier Hana wouldn't have been presumed a stray.
Jan 2, 2023 3:56 PM
May 2020
THIS WAS THE ENDING WE DESEVED !!!!😭😭😭😭
Jan 2, 2023 7:41 PM

Feb 2022
the after credit scenes were perfect
the after credit scenes were perfect
Jan 2, 2023 11:58 PM

Aug 2018
Happy to see Chii and grown up Takagi & Nishikata in the after credit scene
Happy to see they also got a kitten name Saku 😍
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Jan 3, 2023 1:32 AM
Sep 2018
This was the best movie i have ever seen 😭😭 i died like hundred times during this movie 😭😭 THAT KITTY WAS SO CUTE AND NISHIKATA TOO😭😭😭
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» did the confession happen?

PriyanshTheAnime - Jun 10, 2022

3 by ANormalUser »»
Jan 14, 2:46 PM

» Wasn't this film a tad too melodramatic and pointless

Cestlavie_ - May 26, 2023

12 by blacknemesist »»
Jun 17, 2023 2:05 PM

» do u need to watch this movie

NuggetBandit - Sep 17, 2022

2 by CarbonMD »»
Apr 11, 2023 3:02 AM

» Is this the end??

Borealic - Nov 30, 2022

24 by CarbonMD »»
Apr 11, 2023 3:01 AM

» I were smiling the whole time.

aurora_yuuki - Jan 27, 2023

7 by -DxP- »»
Jan 28, 2023 5:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.