Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 18, 2008 2:20 PM

Mar 2008
BlueYoshi said:
magentaanbu said:
Well so far this has been the least interesting anime for me this season I RLLY hope next episode is better. I was barely paying attention.

1 awesome thing I noticed. Zastin has the same voice actor as Neuro w00t!

Cool, I thought I recognized that voice. I did finish Neuro yesterday.

He is MUUUU~ / Hawk of Endymion / Phantom Pain from Gundam SEED (Destiny)!! :D

I like Mu and the voice a lot.
Apr 21, 2008 9:35 AM

Oct 2007
This is turning out to be a pretty good season for ecchi comedy since both this and Kanokon are pretty good.

Lala is beyond cute and this show has a very similar feel to Seto no Hanayome which is a good thing since Seto was great. Just replace the mermaids with aliens, lol.
Apr 21, 2008 9:40 AM

Oct 2007
BlueYoshi said:
I want to see some of these supporting characters though, since apparently the show might get better once they arrive.

It does, Yami, Yui and Run-chan are awesome.
Apr 26, 2008 6:00 AM

Feb 2008
I lol'd at the locker scene.
How embarrasing xD
This beats Kanokon by far. I had to drop that series.
Apr 28, 2008 6:58 PM
Feb 2008
What fun, this show continues to impress me with its great laughs.

Mar 21, 2009 7:48 PM

Jul 2008
Doesn't that poor bastard Rito understand that he and Haruna just aren't meant to be while him and Lala are. I mean, wow, it is just impossible to have that many misunderstandings with the girl you like without it being some type of sign.
Apr 15, 2009 4:52 PM
Jul 2008
It was decent, not a good follow up to the first ep
May 7, 2009 9:02 AM

Jul 2008
Zastin *w* my favourite character XD I love his voice :3
misunderstanding with Haruna was funny xD
Jan 2, 2010 5:30 PM

Nov 2009
Its just so ridiculous its funny! lot of fanservice too haha
Jan 3, 2010 2:18 AM

Nov 2009
I love her father's armour haha and how he always gets so close but fails..
loving the fanservice too :P

Edit: Sorry for posting twice in a row i didnt realise the first post went through last night before i disconnected :/
Jan 17, 2010 11:50 AM
Sep 2009
this anime reaks of....

FANSERVICE
Mar 5, 2011 11:01 PM

Mar 2010
A bit more light comedy, and a whole lot of fan service. Not dissapointed, but not impressed in many ways. I don't have high expectations, anyway. Looking forward to the next!
Apr 11, 2011 5:10 PM

Sep 2010
Predictable, but still enjoyable.
Silly Rito, the solution is simple. HAREM!
And I'm displeased with the uncensored DVD. There are still glares of light partially censoring things. :(
Dec 4, 2011 4:50 AM

Jul 2011
Just started watching this today. Honestly don't see how anyone can find this funny. I sure didn't. Being forced to marry someone you don't want to be with isn't funny, it's sad. Crappy gags like stuff falling out of nowhere to make things happen doesn't help, either.

Can't help but feel bad for Rito. Lala was sad because no one listens to her and she's going to be forced to marry someone she doesn't want to yet she does the exact same thing to Rito. She's nothing but a self centered moron.

Oh but Lala is just so great and Rito should accept things, right? Why? Who would want to accept a forced marriage with someone they didn't like? Especially when you already have someone you're interested in. Wouldn't think anyone that had depth greater then a puddle would. Lala is just dragging him into a world that she herself tried to escape, after all.

After Lala's stupid story I was half expecting him to go with things because he felt bad for her, which would have been really stupid, but instead he just ran out of time. Which wasn't much better, frankly.

Really hope it gets better but I have serious doubts that it will. So far it sucks at both comedy and romance. Expect a lot a stupidly and crappy gags done in the name of humor and that's about it.
TanrimDec 4, 2011 4:57 AM
Aug 12, 2012 2:28 PM

Jan 2011
This was better than the previous episode, but I think I get the general idea and although it's generic as hell it's still a lot of fun to watch. The preview got me by surprise! Is she going to confess to him?

But I'm surprised this is getting a third season since that was why I decided to watch it now instead of leaving it on my plan to watch list for a while. The comedy is fine and the romance is quite stupid so it doesn't excel in anything (besides fan service T_T).
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 5, 2012 4:43 PM

May 2011
Lol @ fooling Zastin with the hypothetical question, should've been obvious. :P
I really like the randomness in this series, pretty funny stuff. XD
Oct 18, 2012 1:09 AM

Jun 2011
I love Zastin xDDD He's epic!!

I really enjoyed this one ~ *Moves to the next* xDDD!!
DylvsterOct 18, 2012 1:15 AM
Nov 25, 2012 9:27 PM

Sep 2011
The transfer student has appeared!
Nov 30, 2012 1:34 AM

Jul 2011
I knew she would come to his school xD
Dec 26, 2012 6:27 PM

Jan 2012
Great episode again. Now that is an interesting way to cancel engagement lol.

Dec 31, 2012 6:06 PM

May 2012
Quite nice development, seems they use the pattern quite nicely! Lets see what's next!
Jan 1, 2013 10:24 PM

Nov 2011
Why does the guy never like the situation hes in? All the other guys are super jealous but the MC never understands how lucky he is to rule multiple planets with a princess as his wife.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Feb 25, 2013 4:13 PM

Apr 2012
DarkShards said:
Why does the guy never like the situation hes in? All the other guys are super jealous but the MC never understands how lucky he is to rule multiple planets with a princess as his wife.

Well, why would you marry a princess and become the next galactic emperor or whatnot when you could be with the girl you hardly talk to but who said nice things about you that one time... yeah, I don't get that either.
Apr 2, 2013 1:55 PM

Aug 2012
DarkShards said:

Because these guys are freaking mental!

and also because it's the drama that makes the story, it wouldn't be too interesting a story otherwise. Imagine: guy meets girl, then happily ever after, end of story. ho hum.
Jul 9, 2013 5:23 PM

Sep 2012
It must be tough to be the to be bride of the princess.
Jul 17, 2013 11:14 PM

Jun 2013
hmmm i like this so far but from what ive heard the third season is way better than the first two.

Sep 20, 2013 4:04 PM

Sep 2012
aside from the negatives,
i enjoyed this episode,

Riko will never seem to get a break,
and Haruna isnt even that cute,
id stick with lala,
haha
Oct 5, 2013 7:16 PM

Nov 2012
time to use pyon pyon warp :3 XD
lol..
in the end yuki cant touch those boobies :3
Feb 2, 2015 2:48 PM

Apr 2013
That guard-guy is hilarious xD Great show so far, if this keeps up I'll get my laughs out of this for sure.
Feb 4, 2015 10:22 PM
Jul 2018
FateSyka said:
Why hasn't anyone mentioned the 'OH YEAH' moment at the very beginning?
That cracked me up. XD

^I love it when an anime does that, lol.

There's more outlandish humor in this episode and it's so entertaining! Rito and his facial expressions, Zastin getting fooled, Rito trying to "cancel" the engagement had me smiling -- not quite an LMAO moment, though

At first, I got irked at the fact that Rito wanted to cancel the engagement but let's look at it in his perspective: He's probably a first year in high school and he's dull. He can't confess to his long time crush and it always gets him down. Then Lala comes outta nowhere and starts talking about aliens and marriage and galaxies; of course he's going to doubt the validity having an engagement with Lala. It takes time to digest, so it's understandable that he wasn't as eager.

But he redeemed himself when he ran out of time and came to terms that Lala found a person that listened to her and helped her out. That made my respect for him increase.

And so, I also knew Lala was going to do the transfer student act, just like in Girls Bravo

I see a lot more misunderstandings and humor coming up. Fan service is still great for the people that like fan service. I'm perfectly fine if this show ends up being episodic and vaguely advances with a plot. Sort of like Rosario + Vampire.

It's a good one for me either way.
Apr 7, 2015 8:53 PM
Feb 2015
LMAO I love all these misunderstandings!! Poor guy
I love how his sister is cool with him marrying an alien. He should just go with lala, she is awesome.
He can't get a break. Asking girls out and touching lala's boobs XD

Next episode seems pretty fun. The love trangle hehe
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 24, 2015 6:44 AM

Mar 2015
Much better animation/art and overall better ep than the first IMO

I wonder why no one in the class is freaked out by her tail in the end
Jun 27, 2015 11:20 PM

Jan 2015
I have a feeling that Highschool DxD's mangaka was inspired by To-Love Ru, there seem to be some similarities, except for the fact that Highschool DxD is actually good (the first two seasons anyway). This episode was just as shit (if not more shit) than the first episode.
Jan 11, 2016 2:30 PM

Jan 2012
lol the old teacher.

Feb 3, 2016 10:05 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That contract confession lol
The moment Rito grabbed Lala's boobs he confessed to her lol. Poor guy, but funnt scene.

Oct 5, 2016 10:35 PM

Sep 2013
Sigh...I'm trying to like this show, but everything is so contrived and forced. He has to grab her boobs to propose marriage? He has to grab her boobs to call off the engagement? They randomly land (naked) in the locker room right next to the girl he actually likes? (And why was she the only one in the locker room, changing clothes? Where are the other students?) She has pretty much an orgasm every time that little clothes-robot thing gets her dressed?

Ugh...I want to like this, but it's like they're trying too hard for the ecchi-factor.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 25, 2016 10:51 AM

Jul 2014
freedoleen said:
better than Kanokon #2, since there's moar comedy in TLR, not only fanservice. I find Zastin funny.

Not really since Kanokon attempted to get us interested with the two female characters who had genuine feelings for MC. This one feels forced and not in a good way.

Lala is awesome for what she is but they're setting her sights way too low be setting her with Rito.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Oct 1, 2017 7:02 PM
Jul 2016
"Oh yeah" xD

Lala looking bomb on that sunlit bed x_O

Best marrige proposal ever!

Why is his sister so casual about the whole thing and drinking tea with a guy in an evil looking alien armor handing her a facking normal wrapped present out of kindness and shit, and the fact that her brother is about to marry an alien!? AHAHAHAHA! xD

I´d say forget Haruna and go with Lala, she already gives you what any man wants and she has no shame about it. Marry her and whith her help try your best to be let of the hook about that throne inheritance stuff and settle for a relatively normal life on earth doing occational trips to Deviluke to meet her friends and relatives like once a year or so LOL xD

Worst breaking engagement method ever! That means no hands on boobs during sex... Unless that situation is an exception to the rule. They are superior earthlings, yet their ways are morally, socially and intellectually retarded xD

Karma really hates the guy. He just wants to molest his fiancée so give him a break (fuck me xD). Nice jiggle physics @_@

Oh the guilt trip card when about to tell the girl straight that you now would feel awful to do the right thing for you X() Just do it! They´ve already done more for/with eachother and she has already opened up to him... And now officially engaged anyway. I´ll ship them now, I don´t care.

OF COURSE! xD Lala the new transfer student too in the same class. How many clichés have they squeezed into this one now I wonder HAHA.
Nov 28, 2017 7:54 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, Mikan is very accepting of the entire situation.
May 4, 2018 4:16 PM

Nov 2016
Last episode it was definitely easier to grab her boobs :S

Enjoyable show so far.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 24, 2019 1:45 AM

Jun 2016
Last episode I questioned why focus on the story so much when the appeal seemed to be fanservice alone. Well I understand now. It sets up for a lot of absurd and funny jokes.

The suit being so tight it turns into a hentai sequence on transformation. The fact that Zastin is my husbando and climbs through the window in a full set of armor to tell Rito what's happening as if he was listening the whole time. The fact he's voiced by Kuzan in One Piece. The fact that Rito stumbled upon him drinking tea with his sister and her treating it really casually. The way they left to the BANZAI BANZAII!! in the middle of the day to celebrate their engagement, featuring Zastin in armor and two yakuza looking guys. It all really made me laugh. Especially Zastin of course.

Otherwise, I was thinking the dilemma was set up to be, Rito loves Haruna but if Rito doesn't marry Lala then the earth would be annihilated. Plus there was all that stress over a wimp like him ruling a galaxy. Yet it kinda ignored all of that after it was brought up and instead it became a situation of get with the girl Rito loves but hurt Lala's feelings which is far less epic of a dilemma. In fact, if he was a little smarter and just asked Lala to grab her boob I'm positive she would have let him. Regardless, it would have been more interesting to see Rito battle with his emotions of love and fear and duty than how it seems to have ended up, like he said, he doesn't want to be mean to Lala and missed their engagement cool off period so now his only goal is to slow it down with her so she eventually understands while trying to clear up the supposed misunderstanding with Haruna. Like, in the first version I described you could still have all the boobs, you would just have more going on than excuses to see the boobs.

Then again, last time I criticized the story I ended up enjoying how it led to so much comedy this time!

Also, I haven't actually watching Urusei Yatsura but isn't this the same plot all the way to the alien princess engagement?!
May 10, 2019 11:19 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I have a weakness for silly ecchi shows, but this one takes it to the next level of stupid. And why does the mc have to be so incredibly against Lalah (a hot alien princess) and so obsessed by Haruna? She's incredibly plain looking and with a flat personality too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 23, 2019 5:36 AM

Jul 2015
Rito should think positive, he has a alien princess bride and will probably reign over a whole military planet that can destroy earth within seconds, on the negative side he can't date haruna

Small price to pay for world conquest

Apr 29, 2020 5:31 AM

Feb 2018
Zastin is so funny, lol.
Jan 17, 2021 8:03 AM

Apr 2020
The harem, and ecchi genre is really starting to grow on me lol.
Pink hair girl is so adorable.
Aug 16, 2023 2:36 PM
May 2023
Lala transferring to Rito's school reminds me of Nyaruko...

On the other hand, the failure of annuling the marriage means... the inverse of Otonari ni Ginga. I wonder what would happen next with this inversed story. (From 2023)
Aug 29, 2023 2:19 PM
Feb 2017
oh yeah cause me the desire of suicide
Oct 6, 2023 12:19 AM
Feb 2021
If you want something ecchi, go for it but if you want to watch normal anime, pass it
Dec 16, 2023 7:19 PM

Nov 2023
Hmmm well this was really good
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» im so drunk

RuiMurasaki - May 2, 2023

18 by ToastWithNutella »»
Mar 16, 10:29 PM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Jun 13, 2008

77 by Weiwei_Wu »»
Feb 12, 11:48 AM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zvuc - May 3, 2008

72 by Dywei »»
Jan 30, 9:02 AM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

datsunvic - Apr 24, 2008

97 by Dywei »»
Jan 23, 12:17 AM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Apr 17, 2008

81 by Dywei »»
Jan 11, 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.