Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 14, 2022 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
Shikimori looks great in her yukata. She dressed to impress, especially for Izumi. Looks like they had a lot of fun at the festival despite his bad luck.

Cute episode overall. They got to see fireworks too because every festival has to have one. Both Izumi and Shikimori really made some great memories.
May 14, 2022 10:56 AM

Apr 2022
Stark700 said:
Shikimori looks great in her yukata. She dressed to impress, especially for Izumi. Looks like they had a lot of fun at the festival despite his bad luck.

Cute episode overall. They got to see fireworks too because every festival has to have one. Both Izumi and Shikimori really made some great memories.

Lol, why is there always that cliche festival episode in almost every romcom 😂😂
Kene_MMay 14, 2022 11:24 AM
May 14, 2022 11:08 AM

Jul 2015
Nice episode.We got to see Fireworks this time.Shikimori is so good at shooting but not at goldfish scooping.

But the real MVP of the episode was Izumi's dad,not only telling them about the spot but also carrying both Izumi and Shikimori when they were falling.Shikimori,Izumi,and his parents all had great time this episode.

May 14, 2022 11:14 AM
May 2021
It feels like Hachimitsu is the only interesting character for me .It's not surprising that Izumi father can carry both Shikimori and Izumi because that weak ass Izumi carried Shikimori up the stares so of course his father can do that too lol.

Overrall it is still better than previous episode for me.
May 14, 2022 11:20 AM

Feb 2022
Kene_M said:
Stark700 said:

Lol, why is there always that cliche festival episode in every romcom 😂😂

Yeah! same question in every High school romcom there is always a summer break and in the end of summer break there is always a firework festival.

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
May 14, 2022 11:23 AM

Apr 2022
GreyratAnimelist said:
Kene_M said:

Lol, why is there always that cliche festival episode in every romcom 😂😂

Yeah! same question in every High school romcom there is always a summer break and in the end of summer break there is always a firework festival.

Yes this is true and I don't mind these at all I'm just saying that it is way too cliche in romcoms (Also even though there is always a summer break it doesn't mean that there has to be a summer festival episode).
May 14, 2022 11:26 AM
May 2021
Kene_M said:
GreyratAnimelist said:

Yes this is true and I don't mind these at all I'm just saying that it is way too cliche in romcoms (Also even though there is always a summer break it doesn't mean that there has to be a summer festival episode).
Rom com author are lazy they can't come up with something new that's they use the same formula. And since rom com fans are easily entertain by this that's why the author doesn't even try to do something new.
May 14, 2022 11:27 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Shikimori in a yukata looks amazing! And she is very good at that shooting game xD. Even the shooting stall owner fell in love with her after she gifted Izumi the plush lol. Shikimori vowed to avenge Izumi at the fishing game but it seemed it wasn't her strongest point xD. Izumi carried Shikimori on his back since she hurt her foot also. Izumi's father and mother were there to help and were right behind them lol.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
May 14, 2022 11:27 AM

Jul 2021
The typical festival arc, how nice.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 14, 2022 11:42 AM

Feb 2019
This was the first episode where I didn’t hate izumi. By far his best appearance yet. Actually made some serious strides today with the whole carrying shikimori thing. I’m hoping he can continue to develop because this first half of the show has been extremely rough because of him. Won’t win anyone back who dropped the show, but can certainly improve the experience for those who stayed.

Overall really cute episode, loved shikimori in yukata and she and Izumi’s interactions were really heartwarming. Looking forward to the next episode, sadly covid delay 🤦🏽‍♂️
May 14, 2022 11:43 AM

Oct 2017
Shikimori looked really beautiful in yukata
May 14, 2022 11:46 AM

Jan 2013
Look at all those 1/5 scores in under 20 votes... guess the haters are going to stick it out until the very end here, cute episode, anyway.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 14, 2022 11:47 AM

Apr 2010
Well the festival seemed like fun but that spot for watching fireworks was even better.
Still it was nice of Izumi's parents not to disturb them when watching fireworks.

Those stairs seem pretty dangerous tho.
May 14, 2022 11:51 AM

Sep 2021
Overall a cute episode, kinda cliche as many people is saying already but i like this cliche at least in many romcoms.

Sadly next week we will not get episode 7, instead a recap with the seiyuu´s or something like that because a covid delay
May 14, 2022 12:04 PM

Jul 2017
Even if Izumi's a bit sick from last episode's Summer stint, the fireworks festival is not something he would miss out for Shikimori.

Holy dawg, Shikimori in a yukata, she's every bit as cute though, Izumi's so glad to have her as a spectacle. From eating to playing (especially the shooting game), the world is both of their oyster. And since Inuzuka and friends are also here, let's make it the usual competitive streak where nobody can win the goldfish scooping, except that the fireworks are more important than this. Nice wing-girling Yui.

Izumi's bad luck passed onto Shikimori with the classic one-side shoe breaking that hurt her feet, but he's not gonna be just any nicetie boyfriend. To compensate by piggybacking Shikimori, by hook or by crook he will see it through to bring her to his dad's recommended secret spot to better watch the fireworks. Yet another W for Izumi to overcome his bad luck streak here to impress his overly-cute girlfriend.

Izumi's parents sure are hideous lols, eavesdropping on their conversation, but man, his dad can carry both Izumi and Shikimori together, what strength. Now we wait another 2 weeks due to COVID.
May 14, 2022 12:25 PM

Jan 2018
So future episodes are delayed due to covid-chan. Those rumors from episode 1 period were true. But it came true a bit slow kinda like Izumi.

Liked this episode. Izumi was actually cool by carrying Shikimori. Other than that pretty boring summer festival episode. I get it’s a traditional Japanese thing but they all play out almost exactly the same.
May 14, 2022 12:30 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Well sunburn's better than almost drowning though. Its not summer without seeing the fireworks with your friends thats for sure. Damm Shikimori's yukata and her hairstyle really complemented each other perfectly. When Shikimori gets serious there's nothing that can stay her wrath huh. Man getting to the secret spot sure required quite the effort on Izumi's part but in the end it was worth it. Though he missed the opportunity last year this year at least Izumi was able to invite her to the festival and see how radiant her gratitude is. A nice slow paced ep to finish off the last days of summer huh i approve. Its nice to see Izumi get some expansion though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2022 12:43 PM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
Another wholesome episode, fireworks was really nice.
Shame that next episode is going to be delayed.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

May 14, 2022 12:44 PM

Aug 2021
Well, it took half the season for Shikimori and Izumi to have a normal couple interaction, and even then I think calling it normal is a bit of a stretch, but I'll take what I can get from this show at this point. I want to like it, I really do, and there's moments where it seems like I might, but between the spamming of romcom tropes and the negative chemistry between the main couple, it's really hard to. It's not bad, just not good either.
May 14, 2022 12:51 PM

May 2020
Saw him slipping down the stairs from miles away, though dad miraculously appearing out of nowhere did the Shikimori there, and here I was expecting her to jump out and do the usual.
May 14, 2022 12:56 PM
Mar 2021
Izumis parents are the best supporting characters in the series so far.
May 14, 2022 1:11 PM

Jan 2021
Kene_M said:
Stark700 said:

Lol, why is there always that cliche festival episode in almost every romcom 😂😂

Why wouldn't there be?

NoBoDY-5 said:
Kene_M said:

Rom com author are lazy they can't come up with something new that's they use the same formula. And since rom com fans are easily entertain by this that's why the author doesn't even try to do something new.

Coming up with something new is basically imposible tho, or can you come up with something new if you were to write a rom com? Also, if you complain about "rom com fans" then why are you here watching a rom com?
Ionliosite2May 14, 2022 1:17 PM
May 14, 2022 1:15 PM

Sep 2020
Probably the best episode so far! The shooting scene is very dope. Also the fireworks are so pretty!
May 14, 2022 1:18 PM
Apr 2022
Delayed? Yikes.
Went to page two of discussion threads to see....

You'd think they would have finished production prior to the show running....maybe the animations, but not show how far ahead was the video editing, effects, voiceovers...

This show sounds like it was made right down to the wire, but probably this is the case with many animes, hearing about crunch times and slave labours and all that.

But kudos on the Production Committee putting staff first.
May 14, 2022 1:26 PM
Mar 2022
It was a good episode. The fireworks scene was beautiful 😍 🎆

This is one of the few episodes where we see Shikimori's weaknesses ❤️

Wasn't expecting to see Izumi's parents 😂
May 14, 2022 1:34 PM
Mar 2021
Izumi's parents are the only good characters in the show. the reveal that they were behind them the entire time, lol. I think it's because everything else in this show is expected and predictable, but they're kind of wacky and unconventional, so jokes involving them land while "jokes" with other characters fall flat because there's no surprise involved.

at least Izumi finally told Shikimori straight out that she has already shown the aspects of herself she was trying to hide, probably the first honest conversation we've seen that isn't them constantly just apologizing to each other and blushing.

I feel like with how often anime girls get blisters in those stupid shoddy terrible sandals, it'd be funny if one of these type of shows just had the girl wear normal shoes. the "oh no you got blisters so I have to carry you" thing is pretty played out. Though the payoff with Izumi's dad carrying both of them was funny.

if the show had started out at the level of quality of this episode I feel like people would be a lot less negative. It's still pretty meh, and I'm not sure why I'm watching except out of an obligation to not be one of those people ragging on a show they dropped.
May 14, 2022 1:35 PM

Aug 2008
Well this episode felt average instead of painfully dull like previous episodes so that's an improvement of a sort I guess. Her expression and stance winning that shooting game for the toy wolf best part for me, had a half smile among the mediocrity as a whole.
May 14, 2022 1:45 PM

Jan 2013
Violet42 said:
Izumi's parents are the only good characters in the show. the reveal that they were behind them the entire time, lol. I think it's because everything else in this show is expected and predictable, but they're kind of wacky and unconventional, so jokes involving them land while "jokes" with other characters fall flat because there's no surprise involved.

at least Izumi finally told Shikimori straight out that she has already shown the aspects of herself she was trying to hide, probably the first honest conversation we've seen that isn't them constantly just apologizing to each other and blushing.

I feel like with how often anime girls get blisters in those stupid shoddy terrible sandals, it'd be funny if one of these type of shows just had the girl wear normal shoes. the "oh no you got blisters so I have to carry you" thing is pretty played out. Though the payoff with Izumi's dad carrying both of them was funny.

if the show had started out at the level of quality of this episode I feel like people would be a lot less negative. It's still pretty meh, and I'm not sure why I'm watching except out of an obligation to not be one of those people ragging on a show they dropped.
I'm pretty sure the girl twisting her ankle when the strap breaks is far more common than getting blisters.

You could also just drop the show and then NOT rag on it, that's what I do, but maybe that's just crazy talk. lol
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 14, 2022 1:46 PM
Dec 2021
gswelcome said:
Well this episode felt average instead of painfully dull like previous episodes so that's an improvement of a sort I guess. Her expression and stance winning that shooting game for the toy wolf best part for me, had a half smile among the mediocrity as a whole.

Why you haven’t dropped this show ? Since you rated 4/10. I’m pretty sure this type of anime isn’t for you. Doesn’t make any sense continue watching a show after 6 episodes knowing you hated it since the beginning lmfaoo.
May 14, 2022 1:55 PM

Jan 2013
Coast27 said:
gswelcome said:

Why you haven’t dropped this show ? Since you rated 4/10. I’m pretty sure this type of anime isn’t for you. Doesn’t make any sense continue watching a show after 6 episodes knowing you hated it since the beginning lmfaoo.
Don't underestimate how many masochists there are who feel compelled to complete any show they start watching, no matter how bad it is.
May 14, 2022 1:59 PM

Sep 2019
It wasn't as good episode as the others have been but I still enjoyed it. I love all the beach and festival episodes in every animes. :3
May 14, 2022 2:01 PM

Sep 2019
Coast27 said:
gswelcome said:

Omg this. If you don't like it just drop it. Why to watch if don't like it. I can't understand..
May 14, 2022 2:05 PM
Dec 2021
alinalo said:
Coast27 said:

Omg this. If you don't like it just drop it. Why to watch if don't like it. I can't understand..

Idk but maybe haters feel they have the obligation of finish an anime, no matter how bad it is to them. When i see it, I just can laugh 😂 lol.
May 14, 2022 2:09 PM

Sep 2019
Coast27 said:
alinalo said:

Idk but maybe haters feel they have the obligation of finish an anime, no matter how bad it is to them. When i see it, I just can laugh 😂 lol.

Okay that's true I have also gave another opportunity to series which I had already dropped. But if they really were that kind torture I just dropped then again and didn't force myself to watch them lol :D
May 14, 2022 2:16 PM
Dec 2021
alinalo said:
Coast27 said:

Okay that's true I have also gave another opportunity to series which I had already dropped. But if they really were that kind torture I just dropped then again and didn't force myself to watch them lol :D

The world will be a better place if they thought like you lol. Some things can’t be explained.
May 14, 2022 2:37 PM

Aug 2008
LostSpectre said:
Coast27 said:

Don't underestimate how many masochists there are who feel compelled to complete any show they start watching, no matter how bad it is.

Sunk cost fallacy it might be but I really want to see if something, anything happens to justify the average score even being above a 7.
May 14, 2022 2:39 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Izumi inviting Shikimori to go see the fireworks and that makes Shikimori excited and they both wear a yukata and Izumi's father tells him about a place that you can see the fireworks better
May 14, 2022 2:53 PM
Apr 2022
not bad it was kinda dragged on but again, the whole anime is
May 14, 2022 2:55 PM

Aug 2021
super sweet episode with lots of cute moments, interesting to see them from 1 year back
May 14, 2022 3:11 PM
Jul 2021
Marinate1016 said:
This was the first episode where I didn’t hate izumi. By far his best appearance yet. Actually made some serious strides today with the whole carrying shikimori thing. I’m hoping he can continue to develop because this first half of the show has been extremely rough because of him. Won’t win anyone back who dropped the show, but can certainly improve the experience for those who stayed.

Overall really cute episode, loved shikimori in yukata and she and Izumi’s interactions were really heartwarming. Looking forward to the next episode, sadly covid delay 🤦🏽‍♂️

Agreed! He was actually behaving like the boyfriend for once 🤣

I just fear next episode, he's gonna return to beta status 😔
May 14, 2022 3:13 PM

Jan 2013
gswelcome said:
LostSpectre said:

Sunk cost fallacy it might be but I really want to see if something, anything happens to justify the average score even being above a 7.
I'm not sure I follow, a 7 is a pretty bad MAL score if you take inflated ratings into account, it does not correlate with a "good" series in most cases.
May 14, 2022 3:18 PM

Jan 2013
Tahmim97 said:
Marinate1016 said:

Agreed! He was actually behaving like the boyfriend for once 🤣

I just fear next episode, he's gonna return to beta status 😔
That's pretty much the whole premise of the manga, don't watch shows and expect them to conform to your desires.
May 14, 2022 3:24 PM

Dec 2020
Bakugo shounen sure is fired up even in these MHA side stories.

May 14, 2022 4:05 PM
Megumin Lover
Jan 2018
The parents made this episodes ending perfect. I enjoyed it. I love those kinds of close up shots when she's emoting!
Althrok/PeterO.G./BLKninja
May 14, 2022 4:13 PM

Jul 2014
LostSpectre said:
gswelcome said:

I'm not sure I follow, a 7 is a pretty bad MAL score if you take inflated ratings into account, it does not correlate with a "good" series in most cases.

7 is ok in MAL standards, it's 6 that is mostly mediocre/bad
May 14, 2022 4:29 PM

Jan 2013
Kuroimi said:
LostSpectre said:

7 is ok in MAL standards, it's 6 that is mostly mediocre/bad
That depends what "OK" means to you, a MAL 7 is probably equivalent to a 5.5 or so on the scale, between medicore and fine.
May 14, 2022 4:49 PM

Jul 2016
Better episode this week. I still think this is really a bland series in general but at least this one was a bit more fun.
May 14, 2022 5:04 PM

Aug 2008
LostSpectre said:
gswelcome said:

Don't see it as anything more than a 6/10 show at most, want to know what people see in it. I will probably drop it after next episode though if nothing happens to get my interest. Was at least hoping for some explanation to why Shikimori has these physical skills to protect her boyfriend but if there is one I suppose that is something for a later season, could be a reveal to keep under wraps for now.

Or maybe there is no real reason, she can do it just "because". Would just add to the disappointment of this show if so.
May 14, 2022 5:21 PM

Jan 2013
gswelcome said:
LostSpectre said:

Don't see it as anything more than a 6/10 show at most, want to know what people see in it. I will probably drop it after next episode though if nothing happens to get my interest. Was at least hoping for some explanation to why Shikimori has these physical skills to protect her boyfriend but if there is one I suppose that is something for a later season, could be a reveal to keep under wraps for now.

Or maybe there is no real reason, she can do it just "because". Would just add to the disappointment of this show if so.
I'm not particularly interested in why you dislike it, but an actual 6/10 on MAL is way too low for a show like this, that would be equivalent to a 3-4.
May 14, 2022 5:24 PM

May 2021
Ofc there is a fireworks show episode. Quite bearable though. Actually liked(somewhat) the part where Izumi tells Shikimori that there is no need for her to put on a front.

Izumi's dad was GOATed this episode.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

107 by ad0rablegoat »»
Apr 19, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

351 by HollowP03 »»
Apr 16, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2022

223 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 31, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

116 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 30, 1:03 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2022

98 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 30, 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.