Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 9, 2008 11:23 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I wasn't surprised when Roberto showed up.
Found it kind of funny that Johan gave money for the prostitute to buy drugs, Johan the drug pimp xD
Next episode seems interesting, seems Runge will arrive at Munich.
Apr 21, 2008 12:23 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah, Johanne is really a sucker. Hahaha!

By the way, that Viatnamese doctor is really cute and beautiful. And to think that she is only 17 years old! *drools*

The ending sequence is really SUCKY! That guy singing sings retarded.
Jul 24, 2008 11:34 PM

Mar 2007
The wandering surgeon strikes again!!

...man i missed these ER episodes, thats the whole reason why im watching this mess :

Still think it's trying to do too much balancing elements of a hospital drama, crime drama, suspense movie, with a little weekday afternoon superhero show for good measure ("i dont know how to repay you, but thank you")

personally i think it shouldve stuck with the renegade surgeon idea and run with that because its only episode 33 and everyone dies the same, and everyone wants to exact revenge on their dead friend... its an endless chain. Hell even Tenma is a supporting character the past 14 episodes.

...the Vietnameese doctor was the hottest looking character so far. Even Johanns sister looks like a plain jane now.
RanivusJul 25, 2008 1:03 AM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Dec 3, 2008 3:03 PM

Nov 2008
Cute doctor is cute.

I can't believe the fat prostitute tried to extort a serial killer, and thought she'd get away with it. You don't mess with the Johan.
Dec 26, 2008 9:13 PM

Jun 2008
lolwut maybe im just asian but i dont see it...

anyway it was interesting that he gave the hooker money. still so many episodes left and i don't know what will happen...it's good..
Jun 17, 2009 1:42 AM

Sep 2008
babykeiji said:
Yeah, Johanne is really a sucker. Hahaha!

By the way, that Viatnamese doctor is really cute and beautiful. And to think that she is only 17 years old! *drools*

The ending sequence is really SUCKY! That guy singing sings retarded.

1. that is not a guy..its an old lady actually
2. The music is creepy, psychadelic and amazing. The singing is beautiful. My opinion
eyerokJun 18, 2009 12:21 AM
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Aug 11, 2009 1:09 PM

Jul 2009
Why the hell does Roberto keep showing up? Is he working for Johan or being manipulated? That alleyway was damn creepy as well XD
Jan 31, 2010 9:49 AM

Sep 2009
So we got some more clues about the connection between Johan and Schuwald. It appears that Johan was making some kind of psychological experiment. But not on Schuwald, but on himself. Schuwald was only a tool to achieve that.
"What do you think is the greatest fear? I thought I had arrived at the darkest place of all, but beyond it I saw and even greater darkness." This is what Johan said to Blue Sophie. And I even saw REAL fear in his eyes when he was saying it. Is Johan afraid of "darkness"? Evil, inhumanity in other words. It seems that Johan understands his actions and caused consequences. The fact that it triggered fear inside Johan is somehow related to that book in the library. Is he considering his past an even greater evil than himself? Maybe he is even afraid of becoming THAT evil. The last words of Tenma were "I you are in the darkness, you'll sink into it". This quote kind of consolidates my previous interpretation. It could be that Johan has a mission or a goal, and he realizes what he is doing to accomplish it is wrong. But after seeing the book and remembering his past it seems he truly realized what he is becoming. He saw and even greater darkness - his future. He saw it with fear. We should expect some changes in his personality in my opinion.
No sig :(
Feb 25, 2010 5:30 AM

Apr 2009
Nice episode and the ending SUCKS...
Sep 2, 2010 12:43 PM

Sep 2009
Man Temna is so nice :)
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Nov 13, 2010 11:31 AM

Mar 2010
Tenma is pissed cause shes underaged

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 17, 2011 9:00 PM

Oct 2008
What a PIMP.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 3, 2012 8:01 AM
Nov 2009
Zell182 said:
Why the hell does Roberto keep showing up? Is he working for Johan or being manipulated? That alleyway was damn creepy as well XD

I thought it was established (well, implied) that he's working for Johan. He's done several things for him already, mainly murders. Although 'working' is a bit of a stretch. We all know Johan manipulates everyone to being on his side.
Mar 2, 2012 2:58 AM

Mar 2009
Tenma helped out again..
Mar 14, 2012 3:24 PM

Mar 2010
roberto again dammmmm
Sep 22, 2012 11:42 PM

Nov 2009
everyone is saying Johann is pure evil but seriously Roberto is probably pretty far up there, he tricks people into thinking that he is their best friend or lover then just mercilessly shoots them in the back.
Oct 15, 2012 7:04 PM

Feb 2011
Pirating_Ninja said:
everyone is saying Johann is pure evil but seriously Roberto is probably pretty far up there, he tricks people into thinking that he is their best friend or lover then just mercilessly shoots them in the back.

*nods* Every time Roberto appears another person dies. I imagine the Jaws theme song playing whenever he walks into a room.
Dec 18, 2012 3:48 AM

Feb 2012
Good Episode.

About Episode:

So that woman who was with Johan in library told everything to Lotte. I am pretty sure after hearing this she will start investigating Johan more.

So Johan was working for that old lady who were only interesting about Schuwald's money and nothing else couldn't matter for her. "I thought I had arrived at the darkest place of all, but beyond it I saw and even greater darkness." The words Johan said meant probably that even Johan will fear himself.

Also we got explanation that Johan's goal is not Schuweld he were only using him. I wonder what is he real goal? And he is now trapped more and more in the darkness.

So Johan gave money to woman and moments later she was injured. Johan with balloon was funny part haha. Also looks like Robert is like Johan found everywhere pretending to be someone else. And betraying people.

That lady who was with Tenma in clinic operating that woman. Seemed like first she was the little girl who were training with Tenma. But no she was someone else. Also she wants to become doctor like Tenma. Maybe Tenma will marry her maybe not. Also Tenma's word: "I you are in the darkness, you'll sink into it". meant that Tenma try to save Johan maybe this Monster. He has inside of him.

The one thing is now sure Tenma isn't trapped wholely in the darkness like Johan is.

5/5
MixxuDec 18, 2012 3:56 AM
Jan 28, 2013 4:28 PM

Jan 2012
I wonder what is Roberto's reason for helping Johan.

Apr 26, 2013 3:49 PM

Apr 2013
When a new character appears things get really interesting. And as usual Dr.Tenma is pro in his field. Johan was very kind for giving the prostitute the money for drugs.
Aug 19, 2013 8:39 AM
May 2012
Holding a balloon while giving a prostitute some money to buy drugs damn that's awesome oh and that nurse is cute and as usual Tenma helps again.
Oct 6, 2013 10:25 PM

Jul 2009
amazing episode as always!

lol Johan being visited by two ladies(Frank Lotte and Library girl)

such a sexy killer man XD

the alley was creepy as hell, drugged up lady, trumpet singing lady, and a balloon lady all in one corner O__O

lol that fake Margot Langer fat fuck didn't learn who she's dealing with.

she deserve being killed like that because of doing the same way she killed the real Margot Langer.

and lol Roberto seems to end up anywhere with any women around XD

the 17 year old doctor is a genius! being able to perform surgery at this young of age.

plus she's cute and lovely ^^

and i knew her voice actor is Houko Kuwashima!!! instantly recognize her voice!! such a lovely voice and person!!!

she's up there with Mamiko Noto(who's also Nina here)

and of course Tenma would save the day!! it seems he's decided now that he will kill Johan for good.

i hope Tenma does visit her sometime after this is over!

next episode it seems Lunger is back!!!
Dec 18, 2013 6:25 AM

Sep 2011
Woah another above average looking female other than Anna!?

And the balloon scene was epic.
May 22, 2014 11:06 AM

Apr 2012
I wonder why Johan collapsed. Was that because his personality changed?
cute doctor
looks like fatty, another important witness, is dead

good episode

May 28, 2014 4:43 AM

May 2011
Rasco said:
Tenma is pissed cause shes underaged

eheheheheh not for me though. Can't believe I'll get to see a girl sexier than Anna.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

May 28, 2014 4:44 AM

May 2011
Mixxu said:
Good Episode.

About Episode:

So that woman who was with Johan in library told everything to Lotte. I am pretty sure after hearing this she will start investigating Johan more.

So Johan was working for that old lady who were only interesting about Schuwald's money and nothing else couldn't matter for her. "I thought I had arrived at the darkest place of all, but beyond it I saw and even greater darkness." The words Johan said meant probably that even Johan will fear himself.

Also we got explanation that Johan's goal is not Schuweld he were only using him. I wonder what is he real goal? And he is now trapped more and more in the darkness.

So Johan gave money to woman and moments later she was injured. Johan with balloon was funny part haha. Also looks like Robert is like Johan found everywhere pretending to be someone else. And betraying people.

That lady who was with Tenma in clinic operating that woman. Seemed like first she was the little girl who were training with Tenma. But no she was someone else. Also she wants to become doctor like Tenma. Maybe Tenma will marry her maybe not. Also Tenma's word: "I you are in the darkness, you'll sink into it". meant that Tenma try to save Johan maybe this Monster. He has inside of him.

The one thing is now sure Tenma isn't trapped wholely in the darkness like Johan is.

5/5

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.” Friedrich Nietzche.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Oct 5, 2014 1:26 AM

Jan 2013
Johan plays with kids, reads book to the elderly, and gives money to the poor. What a kind and caring individual he is~
Oct 17, 2014 9:21 PM

Nov 2011
^Ha... ._.;

The more we see of him, the more heavily Roberto seems to be connected to Johan. I'm growing curious about the implications that may hold. How did they meet, and what is the nature of their relationship? Why do they work together? How much does Roberto know? Does Johan trust him?

So many questions, so few answers. Somehow I think shooting Johan wouldn't be so simple, even if Tenma didn't mind killing him.
Feb 2, 2015 12:49 AM

Nov 2013
Glad that fat whorebag died. She deserved it. ROBERTO STRIKES AGAIN!

Makes me wonder why Roberto is murdering all those people for Johan. Must get paid a hefty amount of cash.

Seeing Johan ask for that balloon was strangely adorable.

Johan was quite generous giving that prostitute that money for drugs.

Holy shit a girl who is as cute as Ni- oh wait she's a minor.

I'm surprised no one has been suspicious of Tenma carrying that sniper.

Decent episode.

7/10

Feb 14, 2015 5:10 PM

Mar 2013
Seems like Johann changed. He is inside of more darkness now. That eyes when he said that words about darkness...
Mar 30, 2015 8:52 AM
Nov 2014
Damn, Johan scared that bitch good lol.

Good job Roberta for taking out that annoying old hag.

Dat random prostitute getting shot tho.
Apr 25, 2015 8:20 PM

Aug 2014
Celsia said:
Johan plays with kids, reads book to the elderly, and gives money to the poor. What a kind and caring individual he is~

I was actually going to comment on that duality Johan has going between being evil and being nice. I love it.
Jul 20, 2015 3:36 AM

Nov 2013
I liked this episode. Temna doing what he does best. Not much story at all in the last 3 eps though.
Jul 21, 2015 5:23 PM

Jul 2014
5/5
Aug 31, 2015 12:46 AM

Dec 2013
RIP fat lady
Aug 31, 2015 3:04 PM

Dec 2013
This episode just made me realize something: I can't fathom Johan's reasoning, at all. I thought I had a grasp of his psyche, but that premise just shattered a few minutes ago, when he took a moment to ask for a balloon and was kind enough to give the prostitute money for drugs.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Sep 24, 2015 12:09 PM
Sep 2015
People cutting Tenma off mid sentence is really starting to get old.
I don't like that much of the conflict takes place because he lets people cut him off so much.
Still love the show.
Jan 4, 2016 1:56 AM

May 2014
Wow, didn't expect to see a cute girl on par with Anna lol
This episode made me like Tenma even more :>
May 16, 2016 5:05 AM

Feb 2015
Ah, this episode was epic. The whole scene with the fake Margot was just perfect. And like many have said before, loved the fact Johan gave the drug addict prostitute money for buying more drugs. He really is master of pulling people down and further to the darkness.
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

May 31, 2016 7:20 AM

Feb 2013
I didn't know that Johan and Roberto knew each other, poor old hag, but I don't feel bad about her death.
May 31, 2016 9:53 PM

Apr 2014
Johan is so funny sometimes, or at least his reactions are. sometimes he just looks so tired of the BS around him, especially when he was talking to the Blue Sophie or whatever

a cute new character! 17 yr old doctor, i hope she stays. please don't kill her off....she's adorable
belovingMay 31, 2016 10:02 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2016 6:10 PM

Aug 2014
The first half of this episode was great, i wish they would show those scenes though.
Great Episode.
Jun 13, 2017 8:03 PM

May 2015
The prostitute & con artist got greedy AF and got what she deserved…To think that a 17 years old girl is carrying such burden, wow! Hope she becomes a real doctor...
Jun 17, 2017 11:44 PM

Oct 2012
Ofc it's Roberto, it's always Roberto

He probably will never go back there ever again :(
"Signature removed"
Aug 3, 2017 4:22 PM

Jul 2017
The Vietnamese chick was fucking hot. And I can say that because I'm 17 too :P

Johan gave money to the woman to get pills right? Does this mean he has a good side? A side that can sympathize with others??
Jan 31, 2018 10:25 PM

Jan 2018
Once again we see how Johan masterminds everything with Roberto fooling the "Red Hindenburg" and killing her. Don't really consider Johan giving drug money to the prostitute a good deed...

Good to see Tenma still helping people in with his doctor skillz.

Also, I enjoy the new ED.
Mar 25, 2018 8:36 AM

Feb 2015
That doctor was cute.

Also, no matter who he kills, Roberto always manages to be the biggest dick for some reason. Even if he killed someone like Hitler, he'd still be the biggest dick imo. Hope he dies later on.
May 1, 2018 12:25 AM

Sep 2017
Johan has all the spades in this game. I want to see more of Johan's leadership skills and the cult he has formed, but knowing that he had Robert to secure his freedom, I bet that Margot Langer knew at that moment that she fucked up.

Nudity again. This show can do without nudity. Nudity in a show like this only makes it more of fan service rather than seriousness. They have nothing to do with the plot.

I swear, Dr. Tenma should just end up with that female doctor. They both are young geniuses, and want to save people. Besides, that bickering. They should just marry each other. Eva has to go away. I find Eva irrelevant to the plot and the show. I swear that if the show continues to try to ship Eva and Tenma, this won't be a masterpiece. This will be far from it. I really hoped Eva would die when she came up the mountain.

Johan is amazing as always. The ED sucks big time however. I think Johan borrowed that balloon because he wanted the witnesses to be distracted away from him and look at only the balloon he holds. And he gave the money to the drug addict precisely because he wanted her to erase her memories of him and even if she gets her memories back, only thing she will remember will be the balloon. WHAT A MASTER OF TACTICS!!!!! Precisely why no one can beat Johan. Even these innocuous acts have hidden meanings to them.
JeremiahOrangeMay 1, 2018 12:32 AM

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Aug 20, 2018 9:42 AM
Apr 2018
Normally I NEVER skip endings, but this so terrible to hear, my ears!

And Johan becomes more and more interesting.
Oct 7, 2018 2:48 PM
Sep 2018
Okay, so Johan wanted to do this thing with Schuwald as an experiment, and he planned doing it with the fake son (Fahren), and then the real son, Karl, appeared and Johan just killed the other one because he didn't need him anymore?
And I guess when Johann saw that picture book he was reminded of something dark of his childhood... wouldn't have thought that he had a weakness like that. That makes him at least a little bit human.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

624 by Anamo7 »»
49 minutes ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

253 by MeCuMint »»
Yesterday, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

114 by egeD19 »»
Apr 17, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 11, 2008

134 by Ajanokoyna »»
Apr 13, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 15, 2008

70 by Dekuforce5 »»
Apr 13, 3:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.