Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2022 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
Well, having Iris in the party really makes a difference for Mathias. As small as she is in human form, she is no pushover although she can be a bit...clumsy.

Looks like the episode also had Mathias face off against a big Red Dragon. Somehow, the episode decided to throw in some comedic moments during that fight.
Feb 5, 2022 6:25 AM

Apr 2014
"Human can't die from being blown away for 100metres" - Matthias. Another great quote from him. He should be the new headmaster at this point
You're just a lizard with wings. hahaha Finally, I found Charizard's long-lost brother.
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 5, 2022 7:47 AM

Dec 2020
What the hell has iris for a power that is funny nice that she is now joined the group.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Feb 5, 2022 7:51 AM

Mar 2013
This episode is really adorable. I also got to see Lurie blushing... OwO
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 5, 2022 8:26 AM

Jul 2017
The only way to subjugate the demons is by making allies with the First Academy, but with this state of relationship, only a re-match is possible since the First doesn't come clean with their supremacy.

Matthias is already smart to make them a complete joke with teaching the others incantation-less powers, much less having Iris for her power-warping dragon-turned-human powers being comical and being a part of the party still in her clumsiness. Of course, when Matty and Lurie unconsciously flirt with one another, I guess that's the part where you should laugh with Alma being self-aware.

Really though, getting a magistone by summoning a monster the size of Iris in her dragon form, using Iris as bait to talk to the dragon while asking both Alma and Lurie to set up the same attack pattern as before, the same magic does the trick but now with a dragon-ous assist. Well that succeeded, and getting Iris used in her human taste since she formally joins Matty's party from the dungeon test.

Time to leave soon...but not before awaiting the arrival of the demons.
Feb 5, 2022 10:14 AM

Jan 2021
The most consistent thing about this series is its speed.
Feb 5, 2022 12:20 PM

Feb 2008
Uh oh, looks like Dio has made his appearance at the end lol.
In sterquiliniis invenitur.
Feb 5, 2022 12:58 PM
Jul 2021
PurpleMagic said:
The most consistent thing about this series is its speed.
I thought they were actually going to slow down from now on based on the past two episodes... but now they're back to nearly episode 1 speed.
Feb 5, 2022 1:48 PM

Jul 2021
What a boring anime...
asdasdsadad
Feb 5, 2022 2:31 PM

Jan 2018
Dio will appear next ep?
Feb 5, 2022 3:48 PM

Aug 2020
training training training. The party is already op. I bet no one could stop them already. Sighs, time to leave the school and start the adventure!

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Feb 5, 2022 8:19 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Holy hell that old man sure a funny one. Trying so hard to be a hindrance, but ended up as an annoying clown. Well, nothing can stop Mathy from reaching the end goal of his stay at those kingdom. Kicking cartoonish silly old man, check. Making Iris to bend his headmaster sword, check check. Spreading his popularity, check. Strengthened up his harem, check. Well, Iris, i am pretty sure you are his harem. Another showing off, quadruple check. Look at his smile. Idk what else shall Mathy do, so leaving the comfort zone might be a great idea for the strongest mage on those freakin world. Iris had a great amount of amusing scenes here, always appreciated. Then, the other two, that's fine. Now Zeke va also entered their chat. Well, at least, there should be some worthy opponent, right? Perhaps. Lets see next....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 5, 2022 9:11 PM

Jul 2021
The demon in the end was voiced by the VA of Ryosuke from Inital D?

This was a good episode. IDK why but I'm seeing lots of scums in animes I'm watching this week, one such scum was the headmaster of first academy.

Seems like wordless magic is just too OP.

Iris is very clumsy lol, well it must be hard to adjust to human body, but she progressed well by the end of episode, she's really powerful too. Alma and Lurie are progressing well too.

Damn Matty wants to leave the academy after all this is over. sad Lurie noises

4/5 episode. Looking forward to next one.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 6, 2022 2:50 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Iris really is an extremely powerful addition to the party and Lurie as well as Alma with their new weapons are also progressing very well! The dragon was taken down very easily...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Feb 6, 2022 3:51 AM
Jan 2017
after seeing the poor quality of this anime,
I plan to never watch anything made by studio j.c staff again in the future, let this be the last time,
Feb 6, 2022 6:02 AM

Feb 2014
This episode did feel a little on the quick side again and, while it also had lots of training once again, the addition of Iris makes this episode feel more humorous and enjoyable.

She did a nice job playing as a decoy against the dragon, although she did make a fool out of herself by getting squished under the dragon and then falling into the hole again when she was running away from it. XD

Also, I sense that a certain Dio is playing the demon baddie, going by that familiar voice at the end.
Feb 6, 2022 9:47 AM

May 2021
this anime might be very generic but at least Iris is cute tho
Feb 6, 2022 2:17 PM

Dec 2021
x2kill4 said:
I plan to never watch anything made by studio j.c staff again in the future, let this be the last time,

That’s a bit harsh. J.C.Staff is a large studio that has multiple teams working on different projects. If you look at the staff credits, you’ll see that the team that worked on Strongest Sage is fairly inexperienced and the director Noriaki Akitaya hasn’t exactly directed a successful series other than Bakuman yet. J.C.Staff has been going a bit overboard with the fantasy genre anime’s lately, but most have still been pretty good. It’s just that Strongest Sage was worked on by an inexperienced staff with probably a low budget to boot.
Feb 6, 2022 8:26 PM

Jul 2014
Iris is so freaking funny, I love her so much haha.

Also, I like that the MC is making his harem stronger.
Feb 7, 2022 7:45 AM

May 2018
Iris is best waifu no doubt about it UwU
Feb 8, 2022 3:48 AM
Jan 2017
Tyrant_Inferno said:
x2kill4 said:

That’s a bit harsh. J.C.Staff is a large studio that has multiple teams working on different projects. If you look at the staff credits, you’ll see that the team that worked on Strongest Sage is fairly inexperienced and the director Noriaki Akitaya hasn’t exactly directed a successful series other than Bakuman yet. J.C.Staff has been going a bit overboard with the fantasy genre anime’s lately, but most have still been pretty good. It’s just that Strongest Sage was worked on by an inexperienced staff with probably a low budget to boot.

what do you expect from this studio..
this is the same studio that has made OPM season 2 terrible in terms of battle and character and comedy design, and apart from that they also seem to never focus on 1 anime project that they make in 1 season, thus sacrificing the quality of it and is also considered too hasty in making a story line so as to make the quality of the anime they work on is nothing more than trash,
and do you know how many anime made by jc staff that aired this season? you think it's good?
Feb 8, 2022 8:58 AM
Apr 2020
x2kill4 said:
Tyrant_Inferno said:

this is the same studio that has made OPM season 2 terrible in terms of battle and character and comedy design, and apart from that they also seem to never focus on 1 anime project that they make in 1 season, thus sacrificing the quality of it and is also considered too hasty in making a story line so as to make the quality of the anime they work on is nothing more than trash,
and do you know how many anime made by jc staff that aired this season? you think it's good?
Bro calm down dont force yourself to watch it, if you dont like just dont watch
Feb 8, 2022 9:27 AM

Dec 2021
x2kill4 said:
Tyrant_Inferno said:

I haven't gotten the chance to watch the One Punch Man series yet, so I'm not in a position to give an opinion on that. However, I have enjoyed recent projects like How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom, Combatants Will Be Dispatched!, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?, and KonoSuba: Legend of Crimson. None of these are masterpieces by any means, but KonoSuba: Legend of Crimson is excellent and one of the best anime movies I've seen. Studio Deen is the studio that usually works on KonoSuba so Legend of Crimson proves that J.C.Staff is capable of working on another studio's franchise and succeeding with it. How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom and Combatants Will Be Dispatched! are pretty unique ideas on the isekai genre, too. I find the political aspect of How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom pretty interesting, and this is coming from someone who hates politics fiercely. My biggest issue with the show is that the pacing seems to be too fast, but most of the other things have been done well. Combatants Will Be Dispatched! is hilarious and chaotic neutral/ neutral evil protagonists like Roku-gou are always fun to watch. Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? is definitely more on the generic side, but I've enjoyed the story, characters, and world of that series. It kinda has a Noragami feel to it with the concept of gods living together with humans. However, I do wish that J.C.Staff would continue with the Toradora! and The Familiar of Zero franchises. Both of them had a complete ending when they finished, but it still fells like that more can be done with those two shows, especially The Familiar of Zero.
Feb 10, 2022 12:49 PM
Jul 2021
lmao I love Iris she's great, and the VA is perfect. This show isn't great but it's definitely fun, soo OP. Oh crap and now we get DIO as a villain!? I love that VA, him and Kenjiro Tsuda make any Anime they're in for me that much better.
DKDiabloLichtFeb 10, 2022 12:56 PM
Feb 11, 2022 6:51 AM

Apr 2009
At least Iris was refreshing from Matty's OP-ness.

I'm so used to Lurie enchanting and supporting role by now that I forgot she actually knows how to wield a sword! O_o
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 12, 2022 2:40 PM

Nov 2009
BTW, in case ppls were wondering, some things mentioned in the episodes were stuff they skipped back at episode 1, aka "events and Lore of MC reincarnated and travels before he ends up at the Academy"

That's why the pacing for this episode felt off again.

___ ___ ___

Poor summoned Dragon, summoned to be used as material.

Iris in this episode is so cute tho, lol.

She wearing the little shell on her head is so cute.
amlgFeb 12, 2022 2:58 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 13, 2022 3:55 AM
Jan 2017
Tyrant_Inferno said:
x2kill4 said:

I haven't gotten the chance to watch the One Punch Man series yet, so I'm not in a position to give an opinion on that. However, I have enjoyed recent projects like How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom, Combatants Will Be Dispatched!, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?, and KonoSuba: Legend of Crimson. None of these are masterpieces by any means, but KonoSuba: Legend of Crimson is excellent and one of the best anime movies I've seen. Studio Deen is the studio that usually works on KonoSuba so Legend of Crimson proves that J.C.Staff is capable of working on another studio's franchise and succeeding with it. How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom and Combatants Will Be Dispatched! are pretty unique ideas on the isekai genre, too. I find the political aspect of How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom pretty interesting, and this is coming from someone who hates politics fiercely. My biggest issue with the show is that the pacing seems to be too fast, but most of the other things have been done well. Combatants Will Be Dispatched! is hilarious and chaotic neutral/ neutral evil protagonists like Roku-gou are always fun to watch. Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? is definitely more on the generic side, but I've enjoyed the story, characters, and world of that series. It kinda has a Noragami feel to it with the concept of gods living together with humans. However, I do wish that J.C.Staff would continue with the Toradora! and The Familiar of Zero franchises. Both of them had a complete ending when they finished, but it still fells like that more can be done with those two shows, especially The Familiar of Zero.
and that's just an example of some anime that are really successful if they focus on making it, but on the other hand like this anime bruh this is an example of failure in their inconsistency in working on anime in 1 season and the reason they do this is probably because of money and they can't reject projects that come to them, but this is the side I hate about this studio, they might be good at making heroines who look kawaii but are really really bad at making action, and for genjitsu yusha I don't think it's a good anime in terms of the world what is being told and how is the character development and others and it looks like a world full of stupid people who have the same face with different hair color, and you think that's good?
Well I can't blame people's taste for this, but this is rubbish
Feb 13, 2022 3:59 AM
Jan 2017
Well, I just can't stand people with trash taste thinking good about this anime, but I try to ignore it but it's hard,
and this goddamn studio makes it worse and worse
casilo said:
x2kill4 said:

Bro calm down dont force yourself to watch it, if you dont like just dont watch
Feb 13, 2022 1:05 PM

Aug 2013
Good thing that the old man from First Academy is gone now.

Iris was really funny in this episode. Now she's officially a member of the party.

Feb 25, 2022 10:20 PM

Nov 2019
Welp first academy is no longer first it seems after the tournament rematch. Iris is accepted as a full fledged member of Matthias' harem- I mean party. The demons are finally revealed after the scouts being eliminated. Looks like the 3 months Matthias gave himself to prepare will occur up until episode 12 when they finally show down based on the ending scene. average episode as always
Mar 2, 2022 2:43 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS !!!!! BRINGING SMILES EVERY EPISODE :)))))
張大です for 張大勇督察
Mar 6, 2022 6:08 AM

Oct 2017
Things going pretty smooth for now. Iris was adorable as usual.
Mar 21, 2022 8:14 AM

Apr 2011
Got loads of laugh this episode, especially from Iris.

Its funny how just five students were able to obliterate a bunch of students. Its a good thing that overly entitled 1st academy principal got what he deserved.

And also Iris. She's such a fun character. She's cute, clumsy, powerful, dumb, and precious. Got lots of laughs. She tried to block the attack of the dragon from above only, to sunk in the ground. lol

The anime is rather bland for me, but having Iris, just makes it more watchable.

Mar 21, 2022 5:45 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The 1st academy's director is so dumb, well he regretted that for sure xD and Iris is too OP and that even to summon a monster she's doing too much, that dragon was sure quite hardcore but they managed to beat it, and now the training is also doing good for them, though seems like there's another threat coming for them soon
Mar 21, 2022 10:13 PM
Oct 2019
this would be so much better if the dialogue wasn't such crap
May 8, 2022 1:21 AM

Jul 2015
Well at least it makes sense that Iris is quite clumsy in human form as that has vastly different body proportions to her dragon form, although I'm sure the writer just did it for the gags.

May 31, 2022 3:10 PM

Mar 2013
The JC staff hater must have watched Index 3, or they will have a heart attack when they will know about it.
Either way, no point of defending this studio.
Aug 22, 2023 4:10 PM
Aug 2023
After humanizing dragons with Iris, it just feels like they ambushed and killed some random guy (the red dragon) to steal his organs.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2022

28 by curzon17 »»
Feb 3, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2022

215 by R6exR6 »»
Dec 17, 2023 6:51 AM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2022

54 by R6exR6 »»
Dec 16, 2023 9:06 AM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2022

38 by hedousas »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:52 AM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2022

60 by lus1lva »»
Apr 21, 2023 11:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.