Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2022 3:38 AM

Jul 2017
With the moon children out of commission and into frame-fusing transmission with Seven, ally Twelve, and Second Seven which changed orbital course to learn about humans in the middle of nowhere. The complex riddle that inflicts upon Konoha and Touya with the First Seven implants that ensures their survival, and since Konoha is on the brink of death. Touya intersects with his Lunatic self and enters into a virtual reality to combat the problem, which try as he might, Konoha is pre-determined to be lost to the Seven Poem. But Touya persisted and kept her safe, which the Anshin space comet (now the Lunatic comet) disintegrates just like any comet dropping onto the Earth's surface.

Keyword: FiTsZ, the unpredictable future that humans and humanity will make that no A.I. like Seven will ever know what's to come.

Everyone comes back to Earth safe, and major changes have been made because of their various contributions that makes extraterrestrial living safer for more minors. Touya, Konoha and all the other Earth children have grown-up and made a name for themselves, and so did Seven calling out to them from afar.

Now this is movie quality, simply EXECEPTIONAL. Mitsuo Iso has level-ed up to another level, and whatever Den-nou Coil references you can find in this show, this man has done it and propulsioned himself into another level.

This is brillance and excellence that I've always yearned for in AniManga, and people like Mitsuo Iso are just so darn good at their craft that even if they never made anything for years, testament shines from their fame.
Jan 28, 2022 3:57 AM

Feb 2020
Nice ending.

Overall, this was a pretty good space survival show.

But I really hated that Nasa had to die... :(

7/10

SerafosJan 29, 2022 1:53 AM
Jan 28, 2022 7:30 AM
Feb 2012
Yooo that episode was trippy as fuuuuuuuuk…. Like when they went to that dennou coil type dimension, cool shit. Loved the Densuke cameo on TV. Cool to see them all alive and back on Earth. That ending was pretty cool too. That beautiful night sky, damn. Tbh though the pacing for the first 5 episodes was slow and boring and nothing really much happened except the character exposition, them surviving, and then them trying to stop Second Seven, but that last episode definitely made up for it. Feel like if they would have kept the episodes at 23 minutes instead of 30 it would have worked out better but I guess they just split the movies into 6 episodes so that’s what we got. Regardless, this last episode was really good, took me by surprise, good stuff
Jan 28, 2022 8:43 AM
Sep 2019
Holy shit. Finally a good anime from netflix. Just finished it today. Better than i expected.
Jan 28, 2022 2:52 PM

May 2018
This show turned out to be kind of a mix you can get from Planetes, Gundam, The Expanse and some cyberpunk stuff (Lain? Dennou Coil was mentioned.) but with kids.
Jan 28, 2022 3:30 PM

Oct 2019
GurenNoOu said:
Holy shit. Finally a good anime from netflix. Just finished it today. Better than i expected.

it's not anime from netflix
The studio Production +h. was established specifically to make this anime, and Avex Pictures and ASMIK Ace are contributing funding.

Netflix may just only have streaming right
Jan 28, 2022 4:26 PM

Feb 2020
Well, that is one hell of a way to take a scifi to cosmic level. Mitsuo Iso definitely has the most interesting scientific ideas and concepts I have seen in all of anime. I hope he keep on making fantastic anime like this.

Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jan 28, 2022 5:54 PM

Jul 2017
It's been a while since I've had no clear idea on how to feel about the series after finishing it. Some elements were fascinating and reminiscent of the charm Dennou Coil had, some were disappointing and felt like they didn't get enough time to shine with such a tight run of 6 longer than normal episodes (particularly surrounding the characters and the padding episodes that helped with pacing out the story and world building a lot better, they were more memorable and better written in general than this cast which felt pretty forgettable and rough in comparison for most of the series). I'll need time to digest the plot line and themes to decide whether it's good or not.

It's definitely ambitious with some fascinating ideas though despite the flaws and much more interesting to watch than every other ongoing seasonal anime right now, and definitely a lot better than Astra Lost in Space at least. I'm just not too sure whether I'd label this series as good, average or bad just yet since I have my qualms and praises for it and with understanding the plot line more, then only I can develop a proper enough opinion on how I feel about the writing in spite of the previous flaws I have. So I'll leave scoring this for a bit later. It's definitely not in that great echelon though, where I would put Dennou Coil. But I'm glad Mitsuo Iso did another anime in general, his vision here at least showed some risk-taking and passion to its story and world as a whole, especially involving the SciFi elements. It really showed in the finale.
Jan 28, 2022 6:35 PM

Mar 2016
It has such an interesting space survival setup with a lot of potential for exploration of the settings, but it ended up very amateurish in execution. I don't like any of the characters, the antagonists sucked, the plot wound up simultaneously convoluted and predictable at the same time. The aesthetics are a mixed bag: the 2D designs are fine and the CG is passable when used for the non-biological objects, but there isn't much poignance in terms of animation sequences and the CG looks like crap when it's rendered models of the humans (even if it's brief sequences).

This could've been a decent Netflix series, but it felt like it reached out and got only halfway. What a waste, indeed.
Jan 30, 2022 3:26 PM

Sep 2018
And suddenly, it was over.

After pacing myself for eps 1 and 2, I just found I'd binged the rest of it...

And really fantastic it was too, some nice ideas, and an imaginative take on our impending AI future.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jan 30, 2022 5:53 PM

Jul 2011
I would had preferred a Nasa prevailing at the end than this.
Everyone is rich and famous because.

Terrorism works , and you can overthrown the UN if you use kids.

And still pays to be a bad person while streaming even in the future. If something bad is happening don't help just film it.

Find an AI that will give just for you knowledge, so you can get the cash.
Jan 30, 2022 10:40 PM

Jul 2021
I like it has a slight similarities with Planetes and this one has an interesting scientific concept and such. 8/10
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 31, 2022 11:12 PM

Jan 2009
it became free will vs determinism in the end

as expected Konoha survives she changed her fate or destiny by her own free will or choice

the First Seven Super AI predicted half of humans on earth should be gone and now the Second Seven Super AI predicted that half of humanity will leave earth and become space beings

ye the solution to overpopulation is more space technology funding for sure

glad to see the Seven Super AI survived too along with Dakky and Bright

overall a positive take on the theme Robots will kill Humanity that a lot of movies do like with Ultron and SkyNet

Super AIs can be our friends to help us become transhuman space beings so its not necessarily that Super AIs will be the next God
Feb 2, 2022 1:50 PM
Jan 2022
Really enjoyed this show and thought there was a lot of interesting ideas and I liked all of the characters. Animation and sound were great too!
Feb 3, 2022 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
The series was enjoyable and my favorite things from this anime osts/soundtrack & its animation. Great work Netflix!!
7or7.5/10!!
Feb 3, 2022 12:31 PM

Dec 2018
this was better than astra, but astra is ranked higher on this site? what a tragedy
Feb 6, 2022 6:34 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Ummmm, what was that finale? Seriously, what was that? It felt like a fever dream and not in a good way. It encompasses the many problems I have with the whole series as well, but for the sake of simplicity I'll elaborate on the two major ones.

On the one hand, the concept of "hacking" is used very loosely throughout it. Technical terms are thrown around like no-one's business without any basis or theory behind it leaving you completely lost on what is going on when they are put into practice. That is not to say that you can't have "fantasy hacking" in a sci-fi show but without clear rules being established, the number of asspulls that can be pulled in each situation can go beyond astronomical levels.

In fact, the whole technological side of the series was a mess and not that well explained. So many questions whose answers aren't either satisfactory or conclusive enough to be understandable. Among them, what exactly is Seven conceptually? How come the moon children can communicate with AIs? Quantum communication? What was that VR space they went into during the finale? And how the hell did that future prediction app even work? Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention, but going back to answer them is gonna be hard thanks to my second problem: the cast.

Yes, on the other hand, the characters didn't help much in terms of enjoyment, discounting the charismatic demented old dude that is. For the "not so bad" ones, the control crew was so forgettable that I can't even remember their names. Then there's Nasa whom I have mixed feelings towards her terrorist side but her personality wasn't that bad, though her complaining about kids became kinda tiresome. Also, the guy with the glasses (sorry, I forgot his name as well) was kinda there, not being that much of a contributor in the grand scheme of things (even if somehow he managed to win a Nobel Prize by the end? What?). And lastly, Konoha and her overall lack of presence due to her condition. Even if the VR scene put her more in the spotlight, but not much in comparison to the mc.

Speaking of which, guess who's on the bad side? Yes, the brat who started flipping everyone off but since he's the protagonist he's got to have enough forced character development for the rest to trust him and him trusting the rest. There's the stuck up UN2 guy as well who made some really bad decisions in the spur of dangerous situations due how law could be enforced to him in the future and not reading the room. At last, we have the considerably annoying streamer that not only got everyone in trouble multiple times, but also changed behavior too quickly to pinpoint her goodwill and by the end got rewarded the most thanks to video ownership (great).

Apart from that, the animation is above average at times but not so in some scenes, the music is not that present and there's no opening sequence. I'd say, even with all those problems, the series itself isn't that terrible, maybe even bingeable in the first few episodes where the survival instincts are put into test. I would have liked for the series to go more towards that direction in a simpler way, but it is what it is.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Feb 6, 2022 11:21 PM
Jul 2012
This was fine but still kind of a missed opportunity considering that this was made by the same people behind the masterpiece that is Dennou Coil. A show about children born in space is already interesting enough to make a sci-fi story out of it but this wasn’t enough, gotta add super A.Is that have transcended humanity. The majority of the dialogue in the show is about technological terms that go over your head and don’t make sense until they are properly explained in the next episode. Sadly the characters suffer for it as they feel one dimensional and not relatable enough for the most part. Dennou Coil has a much better balance in its worldbuilding, I know this is much shorter but even then they could have had better pacing. At least it’s not outright mediocre like some of the other modern anime that were made by auteurs who had previously made cult classics
Feb 9, 2022 10:42 PM

Mar 2013
It was fine for me but not that thrilling. I guess that message of "getting out of your own cradle (or shell)" has reached me just fine but it is still lacking some kind of conclusions that could've made it a bit better. (I thought this was axed or something)

Overall, it was entertaining to watch especially the kids arguing about the hacking etc lmao.

P.S. I actually wanted for Nasa to succeed for a cliffhanger and another season for the aftermath. I guess we won't be getting any apocalypse or end-of-the-world story out of this series.
CrazyButNot4UFeb 9, 2022 11:06 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 11, 2022 12:18 PM

Feb 2012
Now it gets super trippy. So that's how it came to its conclusion of culling some humans to save humanity.

Naming disciplines with software version numbers? lmao

There's that word again...

Blink and you'll miss it shout-out to Dennou Coil!

Japanese engineering and its redundancy factors...

Cue Beyond the Time by TM Network...

A future where governments have version numbers attached to them like software.

Space-born Touya, who once hated Earthers and struggled in gravity, changed his ways and adapted. The mysterious word "FiTsZ" is now on his shirt.

In a twist, Mina's constant streaming obsession turned out to be a good thing. Of course, Mina became an idol singer.

Not the first time Kenichi Yoshida worked on an anime involving space elevators. Second Seven is aiming for the same ends as First Seven, but having incorporated humans into its frame, it's found a means that doesn't involve a massacre. Touya's implant problems are gone too, as has his prejudice against Earth.

The mass migration to space owes a lot to enabling young people to go up there. Though the theme of Earth being humanity's cradle is prevalent throughout, Taiyou recognises that some can't leave it and that it should be protected. Second Seven hit multiple birds with one stone (or comet) here.

Another perspective on the over-arching theme; not all humans have Earth as their cradle; for Touya, space was, and he needed to struggle through prejudices and physiotherapy to get out of his personal cradle. We learn the true meaning of "FitTsZ" in the background. I personally think they should not have done this "or did they" moment.

Doc won the Ig Nobel prize and is wearing the AR glasses from Dennou coil.

And that's it! The general message is "move to space to save the environment" but that summary doesn't do the anime justice. There are nuances characters do not shy away from mentioning like being incapable of moving to space or cradles varying by individual.
Fortress_MaximusFeb 13, 2022 12:50 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 13, 2022 9:59 AM

Jun 2020
I'm not really sure if they intended Nasa being a cultist having any weight, since she was out of commission for so long, and the conflict with her was just goofy. Everything wrapped up conveniently, everyone's happy, rich and famous and whatever. For me the visuals carried the show all the way, but I don't think I'll remember that this show even existed a year from now.
Feb 13, 2022 5:41 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man, I wanted to like it more than that. It wasn't necessarily bad but idk, everything felt convenient, I didn't care for most characters, and that climax/finale was pretty damn cheesy

I'd give it a 6 at best I guess, it was really well animated, it's short, and it did interest me in the first couple of episodes.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 14, 2022 11:28 PM
Dec 2021
This series has some intriguing takes on determinism and fate as well as an AI-governed future. One thing that seems to be unique to this series is the manner of coexistence of humans and AI. While it helps facilitates many aspects of life, the UN2/3 seems to have some sense of control over most AI with the cognitive-limiters. Even so, with hints of technological singularity and the fact that 2 Sevens have set some nearly catastrophic events into motion, there is a palpable sense of danger surrounding AI.
There is also the Seven Poem, which on the surface seems to be some Nostradamus-esque set of prophecies, but deep down there are several uncertainties arising from Seven's changing parameters. Looking forward to see how all of this unfolds.
Overall, the concepts introduced here are interesting, but underdeveloped, just like the characters. Looking forward to seeing how Part 2 wraps this series up. The aesthetic that Mitsuo Iso portrays is a great blend of classic sci-fi with contemporary sense of design, evident from resemblance with SpaceX designs.
Feb 25, 2022 9:00 PM
Jul 2020
Very cool show. Definitely on the soft side for science fiction but it doesn't really take away from what it's trying to say.

What it seems is being overlooked is Chikyuugai Shounen Shoujo's focus on the real world concept/movement of "science 2.0" mentioned in this last episode. Essentially science 2.0 is the idea that with how easy modern technology makes sharing information the larger scientific community should change how they share discoveries and data so that they can be more efficient/collaborative and so that new discoveries are more visible to the general public. The anime makes some comparisons between how the AIs in the story share knowledge and how people share information through the internet and in the conclusion Seven explicitly asks Touya if people can "fuse frames" like the AI do which could be interpreted as people sharing information and working together for a common good like the science 2.0 movement implies. I think that UN2 keeping Seven's prediction of the future to themselves also plays into this science 2.0 idea that the scientific community should be freely sharing knowledge and even the naming convention of the successor to the UN being "UN2.0" and its successor being "UN3.0" strongly points towards the concept of science 2.0 being very important to the shows themes.
Mar 6, 2022 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
Yay, Konoha lived! Darkness Killer and Bright too! Let's go!

Also, Seven is calling from a far now!
Mar 24, 2022 4:33 PM

Apr 2012
So, is this show in the same universe as Cyber ​​Coil?
Mar 31, 2022 8:04 PM
Mar 2016
I saved this show for a while, thinking I'd love it. Instead I got 90% psychobabble. Nothing about this show beyond the opening premise makes a lick of sense. I'm glad that best girl Konoha didn't die, but she's not even together with Touya.

This was a great idea that was executed horribly. Nothing makes any logical sense. Everything just happens. And it's not even satisfying. There were a few funny bits, but aside from those ideas just waiting for something to happen or something to make sense. This wasn't even really a survival show. No one really did anything.

This show was a massive disappointment. It should've been way better.
May 2, 2022 12:24 PM

Feb 2017
This show is a good representation of of current-day anime: talented creators with great original ideas not getting enough time and money to fully flesh them out. I'm sure Iso didn't want it to turn out like this and planned for this to be a longer, better developed story. But unfortunately, you can't get funds for that these days. I liked it for what it was and I hope that Iso will get more opportunities to make anime in the future.
Jul 3, 2022 2:11 AM

Jun 2017
DatRandomDude said:
Man, I wanted to like it more than that. It wasn't necessarily bad but idk, everything felt convenient, I didn't care for most characters, and that climax/finale was pretty damn cheesy

I'd give it a 6 at best I guess, it was really well animated, it's short, and it did interest me in the first couple of episodes.

^^^ Agree entirely.

The first episodes had me really interested. But towards the end, I just wanted to finish it quickly to be done with it. It wasn't that bad, but I lost interest.
6/10 as well.
Aug 21, 2022 12:51 AM
Feb 2022
ugh.

this show has such amazing art, sound, and potential. that’s why i hate it. to say im disappointed is an immense understatement.

that outerspace conversation was supposed to be some climax but it was so dumb. it made no sense and no most-knowing AI is going to float out there and have a nonsensical conversation with some idiot kids. oh it’s 11D now i get it. omg this is so stupid lame.

this show sucks
Sep 10, 2022 11:23 PM
Jan 2020
Pretty disappointing to say the least, being just 6 episodes hurts this
Oct 14, 2022 10:27 AM

Jan 2015
Mostly watched because I wanted to know what was the studio adapting DeDeDeDe capable of, and I must say I’m very happy. Their animation style works wonder for it. Animation was pretty damn good also.

Getting back to the anime. Interesting first three episodes, then it got kinda boring. Like really boring. Had a lot of potential, but everything felt so childish when it could have been double times serious. If not for the childish script, it would have been an otherwise interesting ride.

5/10
Sep 21, 2023 2:01 PM

Jul 2015
The director had a really refined understanding of Sci-Fi concepts but over exposure to infodumps every single episode, one-dimensional boring characters and absurd storytelling literally killed my enjoyment. 4/10. Now I am afraid to watch Dennou Coil as it might turn out to be as boring and weird as this one. Am I the weird one here?
Apr 5, 11:23 AM

Nov 2012
God for a premise that showed a lot of promise at the end of this I had to decide if it was just average or bad. Glad it was at least short so I didn't feel like it overstayed it's welcome, and the art was nice at times, better than a lot of Netflix's stuff.
But the story was just convoluted, uninteresting and downright silly & cheesy at times. The ending was painfully cheesy.

The characters were pretty bland and not very likeable either.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chikyuugai Shounen Shoujo Episode 1 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2022

25 by 0063873192871 »»
Apr 15, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Chikyuugai Shounen Shoujo Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2022

15 by BreakApart »»
Sep 21, 2023 11:43 AM

» Didn't watch it, but the opening Oarana...

Zoshlog - Mar 26, 2023

7 by yuckcrae »»
Mar 27, 2023 10:25 AM

Poll: » Chikyuugai Shounen Shoujo Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2022

11 by Otaku-Shogun »»
Feb 12, 2023 3:41 AM

Poll: » Chikyuugai Shounen Shoujo Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2022

11 by UfotableAssist »»
Nov 27, 2022 1:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.