Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
In the Land of Leadale (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 22, 2022 3:38 AM

Nov 2014
The question about vial... that killed me. So accurate.

I'm surprised how quickly she learned about her situation. Unless there is some twist, that does place her in rather lonely position.
Jan 22, 2022 6:42 PM

Nov 2009
aenews said:
KanameYuuki said:
Mai-Mai is super cute and felt pretty bad for Skargo he was just happy to see her, that was pretty unwarranted.

Yeah I feel that the MC has been a bit unfair towards her children, considering they have not seen her in 200 years. From their perspective, she vanished without a trace and hasn't even contacted any of them for centuries. Of course, they would miss her, and it's not strange that they are clingy. Some in their position might even be upset, but they are understanding of their mother and just want to spend time with her.

Actually, Cayna didn't "vanish"

The entire setting placed on the NPC children is that Cayna has "holed up" in her home for 200 years. So to the kids, Cayna is simply home-stayed for 200 years. So the NPC kids KNOWS where their mother is.

But to Cayna, she pretty much skipped the 200 years of that setting. So she doesn't really feel the "time passing" and doesn't really think about it much. So she just acts regularly to her NPC kids like it's just yesterday (which technically is to Cayna)

___ ___ ___

Also, Mai-mai is indeed pretty cute, that's one lucky husband.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 22, 2022 7:08 PM
Sep 2014
amlg said:
aenews said:

Yeah I feel that the MC has been a bit unfair towards her children, considering they have not seen her in 200 years. From their perspective, she vanished without a trace and hasn't even contacted any of them for centuries. Of course, they would miss her, and it's not strange that they are clingy. Some in their position might even be upset, but they are understanding of their mother and just want to spend time with her.

Actually, Cayna didn't "vanish"

The entire setting placed on the NPC children is that Cayna has "holed up" in her home for 200 years. So to the kids, Cayna is simply home-stayed for 200 years. So the NPC kids KNOWS where their mother is.

But to Cayna, she pretty much skipped the 200 years of that setting. So she doesn't really feel the "time passing" and doesn't really think about it much. So she just acts regularly to her NPC kids like it's just yesterday (which technically is to Cayna)

___ ___ ___

Also, Mai-mai is indeed pretty cute, that's one lucky husband.

Well, yes that's what they assume. It makes no practical difference, as even her home tower guardian indicates that she hasn't visited in 200 years. Regardless of the technicality of whether she was physically present or not, none of her children has had any contact with her in centuries.
Jan 22, 2022 9:14 PM

Nov 2012
Hahawe-dono!! Skargo is funny. His tears turned into pearls! Talk about useful.
Jan 23, 2022 4:00 AM
May 2019
A masterpiece winter anime
Jan 23, 2022 9:58 AM

Sep 2007
ROFLMAO. Skargo is priceless (aka: hilarious) need more of him.

That is pretty depressing that it seems like she's the only "player" left in a game disconnected from the game server but I guess if I was a person bedridden/in a coma for the rest of their days -this would be the better alternative, imo...
IkanoJan 23, 2022 10:17 AM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 23, 2022 10:26 PM

Nov 2009
dragynfaerie said:

What's interesting is, a lot of Japan RPG games have those items called "Tears of Magic" as either material or collectables, lol.

The Tears are usually only produced by people or creatures with high magic power, which is Skargo... the guy literally produces flowers around him as he talks... I don't think even himself can control his magic materializing, lol.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 24, 2022 2:48 PM

Nov 2012
amlg said:
dragynfaerie said:

What's interesting is, a lot of Japan RPG games have those items called "Tears of Magic" as either material or collectables, lol.

The Tears are usually only produced by people or creatures with high magic power, which is Skargo... the guy literally produces flowers around him as he talks... I don't think even himself can control his magic materializing, lol.

Oh really! So they're bringing in little pieces from games that only gamers would catch. That's pretty awesome. And I agree, I dn't think he can control the overflow of magic or would if he could. I wouldn't. I'd be a pearl distributor with a mansion full of flowers.LOL
Jan 27, 2022 12:02 PM

Jan 2011
Meh, it's a comfy show, pretty generic though. I was more than a little annoyed by the uppercut at the end. Her son came to visit her out of concern and she punches him through the ceiling for no reason other than mild annoyance which was supposed to be funny or something. Haven't dropped it yet but I'm on the fence. It has a few gratifying power fantasy moments and it's fun overall but it needs to start going somewhere. We're 3 episodes in and I can't even remember what happened in the first two, just a bunch of goofy meandering. I want to see where it's going but it's sure taking it's time. It still feels like episode one.
Jan 28, 2022 3:10 AM
Mar 2012
lol Cayna goes from jesus to moses. Maimai & Skargo both hilarious & weirdos.
cute cerberus.
Nice mc finding the towers, but of those 13 looks like the owners are gone except her.
Feb 5, 2022 8:18 AM
Sep 2020
Mai-Mai finally sees her mum and Mai-Mai loves her mum !!! Aww Skargo goes to check to see if Cayna is fine aww !!!Poor Skargo he love his mum too much to the point that it creeps her out at times !!
Mar 4, 2022 7:44 AM

Dec 2020
LMFAOO. lady who ran on water is actually the head master + high priests' mother ?!! along with that super dwarf guy. damn

her teaching students who were really excited and willing to learn with a "first you swoosh, then fwish, then itll go boof pong and ta-da" the husband going "where'd the beaker come from?" LMAO. for real man

the way skargo is such a dramatic prince character. love it lmao. i also love how all 3 of them call her different kinds of "mom" and it all matches their personalities with her awfully well
Mar 5, 2022 10:25 PM
Oct 2019
so she doesn't actually know how to do her magic, it's just her inputting stuff into the game's interface? and i'm assuming only her (or possibly other players if they do somehow still exist) have that game interface

her son smashing through the door, glowing, and then proudly going "TA-DA" was hilarious

she totally just abandoned primo?
Mar 14, 2022 3:24 PM

May 2014
I laughed my ass off at the Osomatsu-san reference. Nice job.
殺しあえー!
Mar 18, 2022 5:43 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lmao both Mai-Mai and Skargo are still kids in their minds, Skargo is almost crazy though.
And seems like she's the only one left in the game now that all the other players are gone since the game is somewhat closed, it's the same as Overlord, and wow they even got the 100-man kind of blank humanoid form xD pretty good episode overall, the world building is becoming more and more interesting I suppose even though it's still quite generic
Apr 9, 2022 6:49 AM

May 2019
I really like the light hearted vibe in this anime :) Enjoying it a lot!
Apr 28, 2022 1:57 PM

Nov 2013
I don't understand her relationship with her children. They seem pretty cool and loveable, but she keeps treat them like shit.
I think she doesn't care about them much, which actually quite understandable, they are just in-game items after all.
May 15, 2022 8:22 AM

Jul 2015
Kartatz was already bit weird but his siblings are even more over the top when near their lovely mother Cayna. Truly a troublesome family to have.

May 26, 2022 12:11 AM

Mar 2014
I love Skargo so much loooool

Best mama's boy

Also interesting that the "artifact" items in this world are basically just everything made using game mechanics that don't logically make sense ("where does the bottle come from?" devs: *shrug*)
Jul 27, 2022 1:30 AM

Jun 2021
The uppercut and then the coffin was unexpected lol. Looks like Cayna might the only non-NPC huh? I wonder if she’ll continue looking for the towers or if she’s gonna try to do something else now that she’s reunited with her kids.
Dec 10, 2023 6:05 PM

Nov 2022
So it seems she's depressed, I mean who wouldn't be. I really hope she starts caring a bit more though about, idk, her children and other people in this world like it's real life?

All her actions up to this point have been very self-serving, so transactional too, she's basically a narcissist.
Mar 10, 10:42 PM
Jan 2009
Cerberwoof is adorable. I want one.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Leadale no Daichi nite Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 23, 2022

89 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Apr 26, 8:56 AM

» I guess no season 2?

MrNaoB - Apr 16

6 by Miyu_03 »»
Apr 18, 4:43 PM

» No romance then?

rishamr - Mar 27

8 by rishamr »»
Mar 28, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Leadale no Daichi nite Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 26, 2022

60 by amf85 »»
Mar 10, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Leadale no Daichi nite Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 16, 2022

24 by basskiller »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.