Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
86--EIGHTY-SIX (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 30, 2021 11:33 AM

Jul 2015
Amazing episode! 86 surpasses my expectations and getting better in each new episode. Also, that ending tho. Can't wait for the new episode.
Oct 30, 2021 11:41 AM
Apr 2021
This episode is very perfectly from me, my score 10/10 to this episode
Shin and spearhed is very powerful with the new jagernaugt from federal giad, and they can survive from Legion attack
Vladilena Milize lead all prosesor eigthy-six make me shiver and also BGM this scene very nice
Can not wait next week episode, republic san Magnolia fight the Legion, how all this end ? Can not wait it!
Oct 30, 2021 11:43 AM

May 2018
Yehey more Lena screentime!
Oct 30, 2021 11:47 AM
Oct 2021
Bruh that was badass. Really appreciate all the hardwork A1 studios.
Oct 30, 2021 11:49 AM

Jul 2017
That was really good, much better than the previous couple episodes and it felt big time with the start and delivered well by the end. I'm still not sold on the Kiriya-Frederica stuff and some of the themes could have been handled a bit better with Lena's conversation in the 2nd half but the intense action and suspense was there, the music, visuals and directing drew me in to everything and left with an incredibly directed cliffhanger that just comes out of nowhere for the right reasons. This season's been weaker than the first one for me, but I needed an episode like this to just wake me up from my 2 week slumber and get into this again. Not my favorite episode of the whole season overall but it was a damn good one nonetheless.
animejasDec 25, 2021 9:58 AM
Oct 30, 2021 11:52 AM
May 2019
Favorite episode so far A-1 pictures absolutely nailed it, as a LN reader I'm so proud
Oct 30, 2021 12:01 PM

Jul 2021
These episodes can’t be long enough seriously! Everything about this episode was stellar. The post-credit scene, wtf?!? I cannot wait another week. 😭
Oct 30, 2021 12:02 PM

Nov 2016
Amazing episode 😤 People need to put respect on A-1's name! and credit to the studio that did the CGI

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 30, 2021 12:03 PM

May 2015
This shit is so fun to watch! :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 30, 2021 12:08 PM
Jul 2020
Guys i am so happy they adapting th light novel so accuretly and even more. The action scenes looks fucking awesome. Hope we get adaptation to at least volume 6.
Oct 30, 2021 12:08 PM

Dec 2009
This was just SO GOOD!! I'm still having goosebumps. Ans that end, I can't wait for next week!!
Oct 30, 2021 12:16 PM

Sep 2017
Jesus that cliffhanger. Shin is gone kinda nuts but they managed to hold their front. The republic is about to get flattened. Kind of hope it does tbh. Lena can escape into another nation or whatever but those white pricks should just get wiped out.
Oct 30, 2021 12:25 PM

Apr 2015
MIND. IS. BLOWN.

A1 is one upping themselves after every episode and this episode was by far one of the best. The battle of the Nordlicht Squadron against the Legion was phenomenal, the CGI was simply outstanding and the music just completed this masterpiece of an episode. Shin is an absolute monster on the battlefield and this episode once again showed that perfectly.

I get chills every time Frederica's ability activates. Those flashes of the future/past was really eerie at times.

We got more Lena again, FINALLY! Seems that next week the grand battle will begin at their side. The whole situation is really looking dire... I am so excited to see that battle.

That post-credit cliffhanger though. Kiriya attacked huh? I didn't see that coming.
Oct 30, 2021 12:26 PM
Oct 2016
Bloody Queen Lena aka Bloody Regina is back!!

Oct 30, 2021 12:45 PM

May 2021
Great episode! The 86 did their jobs amazingly.
Loved the action this episode as well. Also glad we got to see Lena this episode as well. CGI was really well done.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Oct 30, 2021 12:47 PM

Mar 2008
So... Shin berserk mode on. Holy F*&C. I just can't say anything more.

Oct 30, 2021 12:51 PM
Jan 2018
Masterpiece adaptation in thiss episode's good job a1 pictures
Oct 30, 2021 1:02 PM
May 2021
this episode is so damn good. Waited so long to see Lena.
The scene at 23.28 scared the hell out of me . it is currently midnight and my volume is full.
UHHH!!! THESE CLIFFHANGERS.
Oct 30, 2021 1:09 PM
Aug 2017
After a tedious episode full of unecessary conversations and a huge lack of sense and time of humour, we receive a INTENSE episode 5. With two sides of it, one with Shinei and other with Milizé both equaly good.

On the Shinei side, I can't even tell how amazed i am about the CGI in this episode. I never expected to say that so soon, but it was so gorgeous to see, that i rather enjoy the CGI than the 2D aspect of the animation.

The war battle scenes where full of movement, and interesting choreography ideas. Explosion, and metal croasts getting wrecked by metal blades, or canons.

I was not buying the Frederica character role, until now. That misterious eye that can see where her dead brother or Shinei is, was a very welcomed feature, mainly because of the post credit scene with a huge cliff hanger.

I also loved the idea of making Shinei look like her "brother", when he was getting crazy cause of the war. That right there was a great nod the character.

And for me the Milize side of the story, delivered a excelent question, will the 86 defend the people who threatened them like tools? I hope not, because finally the Repuplic will get what they deserve, at least that's what i expect lol Who does not want to see a bunch of racist pricks getting drilled by some huge mecha spiders?

Two cliff hangers in both sides of the story, probably some of the best episodes that i watched from a anime this year.

Oct 30, 2021 1:19 PM

Nov 2019
Well two words to describe what this episode did to me - I came.

Where were these people when so many LN needed a good adaptation? Never seen CGI handled so deftly before with mecha. The mood, direction and music - everything feels like from a timeless classic.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Oct 30, 2021 1:22 PM

Feb 2013
Well...they deserve it. (The action packed ep. Everyone was waiting for this season)

I'm going to be the Wizard Hokage of the Pirates!!!!
Oct 30, 2021 1:32 PM

Apr 2020
Literal Perfect Episode, Action packed and Amazing
Oct 30, 2021 1:40 PM

Sep 2011
Another fantastic episode bringing volume 2 to a close. We got to see the Great Offensive and the Fall of the Gran Muir. One think about the anime that confused me is why they changed it from Bloody Lena to Bloody Regina
Oct 30, 2021 1:55 PM

Feb 2012
Top notch episode from the beginning to those post-credits.

The terrifying trench battle, the arrival of Nordlicht squadron (with each pilot's Reginleif doing their thing), Frederica seeing Kiri in Shin, amazing way to adapt the last few chapters of Vol. 2 (and the music after the Reginleifs line up to fire goes so well with that action).

So they mixed some of the vol.3 interlude with the interlude/epilogue at the end of vol. 2 it seems.

Fortress_MaximusOct 30, 2021 6:03 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 30, 2021 1:56 PM

Feb 2021
I'm maybe dumb. Why did camera focus on Lena's chest when talking about what 86 will do to them? Also where did she get that golden artifact?
Oct 30, 2021 2:04 PM
May 2008
SnowBrightt said:
I'm maybe dumb. Why did camera focus on Lena's chest when talking about what 86 will do to them? Also where did she get that golden artifact?

Well, look up what did the Soviet troops did to Eastern European women after they "liberated" their countries. :)

She got it from Anette.
Oct 30, 2021 2:07 PM

Sep 2018
SnowBrightt said:

Coz that's where her heart is ?

Do you not recall her talking about a mod to the Para RAID

That was a truly astounding episode.

borderlinerOct 30, 2021 2:15 PM
Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Oct 30, 2021 2:10 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Was on edge the whole episode. Everything was just so spot on this episode. Feel like it was the same last season where it went from a slow 6 to full powered no stops on animation or sfx.

Plus the way they chose to animate Shinei...god.... if this show doesn't get any awards this season -- I'm going to lose it.

Definitely did not expect to burst into tears at that end... holy shit.
Oct 30, 2021 2:12 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Every moment is a moment in this episode, but the one that really did it for me is the little smirk shin gives as his cockpit closes. This episode is certainly the most "WOW" episode so far of the entire season of fall 2021 anime.

Edit: Granted, I haven't picked up Ousama Ranking yet
BetaMaleUltraOct 30, 2021 2:52 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 30, 2021 2:14 PM
Jul 2018
Nouzen went crazy in this ending apparently things are tense.
Oct 30, 2021 2:18 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Solid episode witha lot of action and Lena is finally back. She was needed. But that cliffhanger was something else too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 30, 2021 2:26 PM
May 2021
mimisannn333 said:
nitpick this series all you want, I don't care. A-1 showed me this and I had chills the whole episode. Looking forward for next episode!
The Shin x Kiri parallel was seriously chill inducing, goddamn!!! I'm going to be seeing this haunting face for weeks to come! To say that this episode was lit would be the understatement of the season. Furthermore, this is probably the first time in anime that I didn't mind the CGI at all; it was so well done!
XO2HKIMOct 30, 2021 3:04 PM
Oct 30, 2021 2:31 PM

Aug 2018
Perfect episode, nothing more to say. I was waiting for a great action episode after the previous calm ones, and it sure didn't disappoint. And finally Lena is back in action.
Oct 30, 2021 2:34 PM

Feb 2021
borderliner said:
SnowBrightt said:

Thanks. I checked the 1st episode and now I remember it. Also, I think that wasn't meant to be her heart. They were talking about massacring and stuff. I think that meant rape.
Oct 30, 2021 2:35 PM

Jun 2017
Holy fucking shit that was absolutely amazing.

Also dat cliffhanger at the end, Kiri sniped them??? Got some crazy Eren vibes with the "I'll kill you.".
Oct 30, 2021 2:36 PM
Jul 2018
All the machines are CGI right? If that’s the case I gotta say 86 has some of the best CGI I’ve seen in any anime. The action sequences, especially in this ep, always look really good
Oct 30, 2021 2:41 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Best episode of the episode of the series so far. Shin's group managed to hold off the Legion's full scale attack. It bothers me that the some of the Alba in the Republic Army are still not taking this war seriously even though some of the 86 have given up their life to buy them time as the 85 district burns. Damn that cliffhanger.
Oct 30, 2021 2:43 PM

Sep 2018
SnowBrightt said:
borderliner said:

Thanks. I checked the 1st episode and now I remember it. Also, I think that wasn't meant to be her heart. They were talking about massacring and stuff. I think that meant rape.

I thought that was more about her connection with the 86, the rump of the remaining 86 are children.

borderlinerOct 30, 2021 2:47 PM
Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Oct 30, 2021 2:45 PM

Oct 2011
SnowBrightt said:

From the first episode this season, that's where we see her put the picture of the previous spearhead squad. As for that gold device, it's an upgrade Annette made for Lena's ParaRAID so that she can sync with more people. We also see this device in the first episode when Annette and Lena met together (as well as last episode's post-credits scene).
Nope.
Oct 30, 2021 2:53 PM

Apr 2019
I am really surprised that 86 are so eager to go to fight the Legion to defend the citizens of San Magnolia. Lena should ask them for help and not give them orders after what her country has prepared for these people. If I were them, I would show them my middle finger. Magnolia's army is so helpless that it is surprising that they survived so long.

Oct 30, 2021 2:58 PM
May 2008
Jollyne7 said:
I am really surprised that 86 are so eager to go to fight the Legion to defend the citizens of San Magnolia. Lena should ask them for help and not give them orders after what her country has prepared for these people. If I were them, I would show them my middle finger. Magnolia's army is so helpless that it is surprising that they survived so long.

Not really. Lena has already established and kinda earned the respect of most 86-ers. She ordered them because they both dependant on each other.
Alba needs 86 to defend them and the 86 needs the Alba for supply and resources.

Also you showing any middle finger is fastest way for you to die. Either by the Legion or getting killed by an other 86 who wants to survive as long as they can.
Oct 30, 2021 3:03 PM
Nov 2020
OH. MY. GOODNESS.

I am blown away. I don’t know how they do it. They really took my high expectations for a great adaptation…and crushed those expectations with something that was even better then anything I had imagined it could be.

This episode adapted the last portion of Volume 2. We see the Legion make their move on all the countries in the area, and then we see what follows: BEAUTIFUL CHAOS. Seriously, I was on edge the whole episode. It was so action packed, so brilliantly well executed, so meticulously well thought out, and so awe inducing to watch. It’s actually insane. Volume 2 is considered the least exciting Volume of the LN Volumes (it’s still good, but not as good as the other Volumes), and they adapted it into THAT. Yeah, we are definitely in good hands with A1 Pictures’ treatment of 86. If they can do THAT with Volume 2, then I probably won’t be able to handle future episodes lmaooo.

Perfect Adaptation. Onto Volume 3. 5/5 episode. 10/10 show.
Oct 30, 2021 3:12 PM

May 2020
There is no words to explain how good this episode was. Speechless.

I fckin love 86.
Oct 30, 2021 3:24 PM

Aug 2018
pretty poggers tbh.
I use Arch, btw.
Oct 30, 2021 3:34 PM
Mar 2015
Shina fought off the first wave much to Federicka's anger She is connected to all of them and her knight
The last battle is being fought in the Republic where Lena has taken charge
Oct 30, 2021 4:34 PM

Jun 2019
Pretty dope episode. We got a lot of action and it all looked great. Not surprised the episode with the least Frederica lines was the most enjoayable.
Oct 30, 2021 4:47 PM

Jan 2021
I think It's can be said that is the best ep of serie.

Oct 30, 2021 4:49 PM
Sep 2018
OMG I hope Fredrica doesn’t get hurt just because she said Shinei is literally going batshit crazy during the battle we seen today! She would be too precious to get rid of Also the sparkles seen in the battle are pretty 😍
Oct 30, 2021 4:56 PM

May 2021
Interesting cliffhanger, the episode was interesting in terms of visuals and such but it lacked tension so the result wasnt as interesting, I don't know if I can tolerate the Lena's dialogue and Frederica's dialogue going on in the same episode, the discussion with the uncle was extremely eye rolling. Decent episode

Oct 30, 2021 5:10 PM

Aug 2020
So the 86ers finally went to another war. Shinei didn't want to be interrupted, so things would get tough.

The first Legion wave was easily beaten, but there was a second. And the 86ers managed to complete both in their own way. As Shinei said: "follow us if you don't want to be killed".

The scene were he loses his mind, and Frederica just wants him to become sane again was impactful. We know he has been in countless wars, but it was the first time we had a closer look at his mind health. Frederica was glad that he was alive.

Since the Legions were very close, Captain Milizé decided to take the wheel of the situation. But her uncle, General Karlstahl, tried to stop her. He didn't think the 86erd would be by their side. But as Lena said, they needed the Republic, even though they don't like it.

Another thing Vladilena said is that everything she's been through was for that day. She can't disappoint the ones who trust her too.

Great episode.

(Also it seems the 86 will have some problems)

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 86 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2021

340 by HYPERCOE »»
May 15, 12:11 PM

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2022

534 by GabrielVilela »»
May 6, 12:46 PM

» Light Novel after anime??

RadicalSanta - Oct 11, 2022

22 by Rob7 »»
Apr 30, 11:53 PM

» Does anyone else feel like this season was a lot worse than season 1 ( 1 2 )

Cudlyyy - Jul 27, 2023

88 by Rob7 »»
Apr 30, 8:49 PM

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2021

213 by Rob7 »»
Apr 29, 9:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.