Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 28, 2021 9:39 PM

Jul 2016
Getting an Angel because you failed an entrance exam? Dude, come on. I want my own onee-san type Angel then.

Also, is there a reason for candidates to dress up as freaking Power Rangers?

Well, this episode sure was something. Can't remember the last time I saw such amount of "last minute" explanations to justify events so they don't look like asspulls.
Oct 28, 2021 10:02 PM
Aug 2019
I was kind of bored for like half of the episode, but it got quite intense at the end. I hope the little girl survives, i feel so bad for her ;;
Oct 28, 2021 10:27 PM

Jan 2021
NoctisGMR said:
I only have one question.... Later they explain why people wear that suit?

Just to hide their real identity. Its for safety
Oct 28, 2021 10:47 PM

Oct 2016
I still think the power ranger suits are fucking ridiculous and where do they even get them high quality suits lmao, but that was a pretty intense episode. Not even surprised that Blue and Yellow died, they're character designs is a flag in and of itself. Feel super bad about the girl though, Jesus. I know not doing anything right now would be the smart and safe move, but I hope they save her or someone else does. Fuck Metropoliman.
Oct 28, 2021 11:17 PM
Nov 2019
L-Lawliet7 said:
NoctisGMR said:
I only have one question.... Later they explain why people wear that suit?

Just to hide their real identity. Its for safety
But I still think it does not fit to see people dressed as Power Rangers just to hide their identity in an Anime about angels.... At least I hope they give it a sense in a future
Oct 28, 2021 11:44 PM
Jul 2021
therapsit said:
What i like about this series is that we have an antagonist who is as smart as L but a protagonist who is nowhere near as smart as light. I cant wait to see what happens next.
the antagonist compares to L's wits ?
"criticism is necessary , insults aren't." ~ can't remember who i stole this from.
Oct 28, 2021 11:50 PM
Jul 2021
Erotaku_ said:
The suspense building is good, but everything else is pretty mediocre.

They seriously need to stop adding rules during every episode. Obvious jobbers were jobbers.

Watching this show made me realize that what made Death Note so good wasn't the setting or the battle of wits, but it was the charisma of Light Yagami. In comparison, Mirai is such a boring MC.

Well said, light carried his own show, but platinum end has a bitch mc which is a huge turn off.
"criticism is necessary , insults aren't." ~ can't remember who i stole this from.
Oct 28, 2021 11:51 PM
Aug 2015
It's getting more intense but I am still not really "sold".. I think the other candidates appeared and revealed too fast without any background and what they were doing.

The whole thing is just getting shot it just ends too fast. If they were able to counter the arrows in some way of sort and play with the mind games it could have been much more interesting, but the moment they are getting shot it's over.

My guess is someone going to help the girl but it is not going to be the protagonist. Can they even help her though? She is tied after all, they don't have super human strength, just arrows and wings.

Oct 29, 2021 12:15 AM

Jun 2020
Metropolliman is a serious psychopath. Seeing him kill/Control innocent people like it was nothing is kind of hard to watch. I dont know why many people is complaining about the CGI of the show being bad? but It looks pretty good to me no complaints here
Oct 29, 2021 12:24 AM

May 2020
shiroaoi45 said:
Metropolliman is a serious psychopath. Seeing him kill/Control innocent people like it was nothing is kind of hard to watch. I dont know why many people is complaining about the CGI of the show being bad? but It looks pretty good to me no complaints here

is not bad but its jarring to see
Oct 29, 2021 1:32 AM

Jan 2018
Ok this episode made the show a lot more interesting. So much shit happening. But I also think it introduced too many God candidates (3) which kills their potential mystery and/or character arcs. It's like the author is rushing it.

I can't exactly point my finger at the cause but the animation and artstyle still looks bland af to me.
Oct 29, 2021 2:41 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Alright, interesting explanations. The allied god candidate really well-worthed until they did something stupid let their guard down near the end. Though, already expect he should've been sneaky inside those dummy, but the process still somehow manage to deceived me. That's good. Okayish villain so far. But not that great, because its just only the beginning, and he was facing the dumb opponents. Lets see if Mirai will do something good against those fucked up situations.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 29, 2021 2:52 AM
Senpai

May 2021
Good episode, but i don't like the CGI. The anime studio is just not as good as others. Sadly :(
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Oct 29, 2021 3:35 AM
Jul 2021
therapsit said:
average_robot said:
the antagonist compares to L's wits ?
I wouldnt say it is but when he successfully killed those people it was similar to when L found out what city light lived in, he's very smart but I wouldnt say L smart but he's kinda similar to L as an antagonist
I feel like they made those characters do dumb stuff to make him look smart. Like c'mon who would walk into a trap like that knowing it's a trap ?
Oct 29, 2021 4:59 AM

Apr 2014
Maybe I missed something, but if that was a faker at the beginning of the episode at first then how did he survive a big ass fall from the sky?
Oct 29, 2021 5:31 AM

Jun 2016
ommg this is so banger episode !!!

awesome and hooker episode !!!
Oct 29, 2021 5:34 AM
Jul 2018
Good episode but those Metropoliman clones... Hope that future episodes will have more creativity as for the costumes.
Oct 29, 2021 5:42 AM
Oct 2020
MarchinBunny said:
I would say the only thing I dislike is these weird suits. Where on earth are they coming from? I was going to let it slide with metropoliman and just assume he had either the money or skills to create such a thing (I know the suits likely don't do anything, but it's clearly made of metal and doesn't look cheap). But now that there are two other candidates with these suits who were against him ... I again ask ... where did they get them? I hope this is explained at some point lol, cause it's weird. XD

Hmmmmm I thought it's obvious that they're from a movie/tv series in platinum end universe
Oct 29, 2021 5:45 AM
Sep 2020
Esmera said:
It wasn't a bad episode. I have some minor gripes, like how it's stupid that an angel would nominate a little girl despite knowing that she would have to enter a death game, but ehh. Clearly rank 2 angels are not the brightest. At least she got temporary happiness with the wings.

The God will be chosen from a candidate that is deemed to be the most worthy in 999 days. It's Metropoliman who started this into some kind of death game shit. You don't actually need to kill anyone to be chosen as a God.
Oct 29, 2021 5:50 AM

Jun 2021
Man, what a heavy episode... That girl part.. and what a cliffhanger. Can't wait for the next episode "Death Sentence".
Oct 29, 2021 5:50 AM

Mar 2021
This show was very good when it started but it started to drop a little more every time a new episode aired. I remember I really liked the first 2 episodes...

Character back stories are so weak like, 2 students are trying to commit double suicide because they can't get into university and they both become god candidates ? A little girl becomes a candidate too because she's being bullied at school ? Mirai's past was plausible, but the rest of the characters are ridiculous.. They need to explain how the candidates were selected and why they are all from Japan.

And why don't the angels protect their candidates ? There are 4 episodes and 3 of the 13 candidates died..Aren't things going a little too fast ?

Robot outfits are cringe too... Idk I don't want to drop the show because this season I only watch this and it's not boring at all but it's getting ridiculous.
This is Nanba Prison. No one has ever escaped successfully from this prison. -Nanbaka

Oct 29, 2021 5:51 AM
Sep 2020
Protaku said:
Maybe I missed something, but if that was a faker at the beginning of the episode at first then how did he survive a big ass fall from the sky?

Ah yes, this is what I have been wondering about too. It's really stupid. Even more if next week they suddenly explain that the suit is specially made with some technology shits.
Oct 29, 2021 5:56 AM
Sep 2021
I can't believe there's not a single bad episode of this. The story is amazing, the characters are nice and there's still ppl that hate this show
Oct 29, 2021 6:17 AM
Aug 2021
I thought it was gonna be like some power ranger action but metro poliman stole the show
Oct 29, 2021 7:15 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Yikes, I cant take this show serious smh. It just takes itself too serious for what its showing imo. Idk, not the best so far ^~^

smoochie smoochie

Oct 29, 2021 7:25 AM

Mar 2016
The two men had such background character designs. It was so obvious they were about to die.

Why is the girl's death seen as more dramatic than the two men's? It's like the author himself saw their lives as less important.
Oct 29, 2021 7:40 AM
Jun 2021
Is this season going to be good or not? Tell manga readers
Oct 29, 2021 7:50 AM

Oct 2008
yea we know how ruthless Metropoliman can be in order to flesh-out god candidates like Mirai & Saki but are they gonna let Mirai do some ass-pull power in order to prevent that one little girl from being killed!? hmmm...
4/5.

Oct 29, 2021 8:00 AM

Jun 2021
this ep gave me serious power rangers vibes lol i really disliked the whole suits concept it's so weird the fight was so lame and boring it kinda left me disappointed lol other than that the ending of the ep was so good that it saved the entire episode. i would rate it 2.5/5
skywattOct 29, 2021 8:07 AM
“this world is merciless, and it’s also very beautiful”
Oct 29, 2021 9:12 AM
Oct 2020
miti-chan said:
I can't believe there's not a single bad episode of this. The story is amazing, the characters are nice and there's still ppl that hate this show

first time watching anime? im not hating this show but the story and characters are not great at all, it should be categorized as just fine.
Oct 29, 2021 9:45 AM

Feb 2008
AbdoJoestar said:

Hmmmmm I thought it's obvious that they're from a movie/tv series in platinum end universe

That is pretty irrelevant. Iron Man exists in our world as a series, how many people do you know who have a legitimate seemingly functional Iron Man suit? How many do you think could get their hands on one? You see where the problem is? These people having these suits literally makes no sense as of now.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Oct 29, 2021 10:09 AM

Jul 2021
miti-chan said:
I can't believe there's not a single bad episode of this.

Bruh it's ep 4 XD
Only complain I have with this EP is the detailed info dumps of the strategies, which were forced and clumsy, in my opinion. Apart from that, tension was super high and it felt it was 10-min long instead of 20. Very good.
Oct 29, 2021 10:30 AM
Jul 2021
Okay so first off WHERE are these million dollar suits coming from?! The Angels gave the Wings or a Red or White Arrow?! Where are these suits coming from?! Also did Saki hit him with ANOTHER Red Arrow to make Mirai stop or did her getting emotional and asking him to push him over the edge to step in?? Because if that MF'n girl hit him without ANOTHER Red Arrow I'm going to be pissed, I already hate her for shooting her childhood friend who she treated like dirt, just because an Angel asked her to, do you have ANY shame or loyalty?! Depressed or not don't do that to a childhood friend. Also I thought Metropoliman wanted to be seen as a "Hero of Justice" to win the people over?! Now he's killing people in front of crowds and torturing little kids, was he really not into it the whole time? I know he's trying to manipulate the situation to win but I thought he actually did want to be seen as a Hero. Btw are there any other Villains?? There's gotta be another badass God Candidate or two right? I hope at least one of them is good, and I really hope that little girl gets saved. Seriously though Saki better not become God at the end, especially if Mirai and her are left and he gives it up for her or some Beta shiat, that would be so trash.
Oct 29, 2021 10:56 AM

Sep 2020
This is getting better and better each episode. Love this anime (。♡‿♡。)
Oct 29, 2021 11:12 AM

Mar 2019
Ehhh... Kinda disappointed with how this chapter was adapted. Felt it was more grim and sad in the manga. They rushed through many of the scenes which diminishes the impact of what was shown. Hey, check out these two candidates with their depressing life stories... Oh nvm, they're dead three minutes later.

The CG is jarring and feels unnecessary. Could they not animate two guys floating in a baseball field? They barely move. It's not like they're engaging in a massive battle scene for ten minutes... Wtf?

I also don't like the design choices when it comes to color... The colorful look clashes with the horrid events that are playing out. Also, what's with the fucking techno/dance music as the little child is being tortured at the end of the episode?

This episode felt way off to me which sucks because I was really looking forward to it.
Oct 29, 2021 11:35 AM
Oct 2020
MarchinBunny said:

That is pretty irrelevant. Iron Man exists in our world as a series, how many people do you know who have a legitimate seemingly functional Iron Man suit? How many do you think could get their hands on one? You see where the problem is? These people having these suits literally makes no sense as of now.

I get what you're saying. They probably got it with their wings and/or red arrows, or it's just a plot hole.

Edit: or we'll know in the next episodes.
Oct 29, 2021 11:39 AM

Jan 2014
error5000 said:
Now i remember why i dropped the manga, theres so many weird stuff in here:

- Where do these guys take those outfits from? because they have a really similar style so its almost impossible they got them from a different place.

- In episode 1 itself we saw how MC use the red arrow on his aunt and made her take her own life with no hesitation at all, but now all of a sudden there is "limitations"?.

- Those two guys backstories were so basic and irrelevant, why did they even bother with it if they are going to die? (i know this is common in these kind of anime, but it goes a bit far in here, its so bad its funny).

-Why are they talking all their plans and stuff to the public? what do they acomplish for that? actually, wasnt one of metropoliman's plans to gain people's favor? hes literally making himself look like a villain (which he is i suppose) lol.

-The characters do some really dumb choices in here, the anime seems to want to make metropoliman look all cool and smart, but i think the real thing here is not that but that the rest is just plain stupid.

Man like those outfits are just too obnoxious, it doesn't make any sense to have them in the first place maybe for Metropoliman but like wtf.. but hey if those two did not actually wear those suits then the plot point with those two actors would not rly work that well, so I guess it was done with that in mind?

Like it is unfortunate but the backstories or the characters in the first place are not rly good at all so no surprises there.

Yeah gotta agree that I was kinda baffled that they just so openly discussed that god candidates stuff openly... like it is just kinda lazy writing, for example, if there were anyone that has at least average intelligence then they could like idk use the angles for talking to the mic that way only the candidates could hear them, etc... but well since there is more of a competition between dumb and dumber ppl then we should really keep our hopes down. That is why Metropoliman looks smart but like it is just as smart since when you are among apes then making a fire using a lighter will make you look like a god.
Oct 29, 2021 11:44 AM

Jan 2014
AbdoJoestar said:
MarchinBunny said:

I get what you're saying. They probably got it with their wings and/or red arrows, or it's just a plot hole.

It is just bullsh*t since there were those actors that had these suits, and look it makes logically no sense, but if we look at it from the author's perspective... if those two (now dead) guys did not wear those suits then I would be just super obvious that those two actors are with poliman right and then it would not work as good... in conclusion, those suits are just the author being lazy.
Oct 29, 2021 12:05 PM
Oct 2020
Anlex said:
AbdoJoestar said:

It is just bullsh*t since there were those actors that had these suits, and look it makes logically no sense, but if we look at it from the author's perspective... if those two (now dead) guys did not wear those suits then I would be just super obvious that those two actors are with poliman right and then it would not work as good... in conclusion, those suits are just the author being lazy.

I guess that's the most logical reason.
Oct 29, 2021 12:07 PM
Jul 2021
miti-chan said:
people have different opinions on this show, it just happened to not appeal to most people like myself.
Oct 29, 2021 12:16 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Given the open nature of the venue its a given that Metropoliman wouldn't be on the field himself. Getting entrance exam results is always the hardest hurdle. Still the prep that the pair did prior to their entry here sure was extensive. Though it was funny seeing a superhero squad assemble on the field though. Too bad that Metro proved to be way smarter than either suspected. It was foolish of Yellow to assume that he would be spared though. Still Metro's plan of trying to lure god candidates out by threatening that girl sure was a nasty and pretty low one. Overall an excellent ep that did well to showcase just how far Metro would go to enact his plan and the kind of trials that Mirai and Saki would have to face in the fight to come. Its unfortunate but i doubt that the girl would survive though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2021 12:20 PM
Aug 2020
This show has been keeping me on the edge of my seat each episode. I’m really looking forward to what else it has in store for us.
Oct 29, 2021 1:10 PM

Apr 2018
This was some big IQ play right there from Metropoliman. Used a decoy and a little girl to weed out God candidates. Seems like Mirai is the next to fight him. The CGI and soundeffects were insane.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 29, 2021 1:28 PM

Jul 2015
now this feels like Death note..
I couldn't keep the excitement in my belly and holy shit i was starting to get stomachache

That girl being stretched apart was painful.. i want Metropoliman to suffer the worst death possible! do that light-look-a-like-with-blach-hair
Oct 29, 2021 1:32 PM

Feb 2014
Aside from how the Power Ranger suits were acquired in the first place (apart from green and pink), this episode kept up the feeling of uncertainty and suspense with Metropliman outsmarting the blue and yellow ranger with relative ease. Not just that, but he also got another god candidate, a small girl, involved with his plans.

Speaking of his plans, the way he chained up both the yellow ranger and the girl after killing the blue ranger was brutal. Then it got more brutal and tense when the yellow ranger tried to fly off, where the cuffs were starting to seriously injure the girl that he was attached to. Even after Metropoliman killed him off, he then got the girl and her own angel to beg for their lives. It wasn't an easy watch, that's for sure. =(

Either way, Mirai's patience broke and is now ready to take action, so I do look forward to seeing what happens next. I just hope the unfortunate girl candidate won't be killed off in the next episode after what she went through here.
Oct 29, 2021 1:51 PM
Nov 2020
Best episode yet. That ending was so intense. Can’t wait to see what happens next
Oct 29, 2021 1:56 PM

Nov 2014
DoctorDumbo said:
BlichoBoy said:
When a little girl have a more decent reason to suicide than 2 grown ups.
I hope this doesn't mean will have someone that tried to commit suicide because someone eat the last piece of cake or something like that. Some angels need to choose better.

?????

Failing at life is a much more common and reasonable reason to commit suicide than merely getting bullied at school. Heck those two have the most realistic takes on suicide I've seen this show so far unlike the protagonist's supervillain foster parents.

You must not really know how bad can school bullying turn if you are saying that. A job you can recover or get a new one, if you just didnt get to a collegue, then just keep trying or get in a less fancy one, your childhood you can not get back. Also, school bullying brings with it multitude of traumas that can lead to problems to your adult life, so you can end up failing at life after all just because of it.

Also "failing at life" is pretty subjective, and i think reducing your whole life to getting a job is quite sad on itself, which is why i think of those two as some really lazily writen characters.
error5000Oct 29, 2021 2:00 PM
Oct 29, 2021 2:31 PM
Jul 2018
KradH05t said:
Que porcaria... isso foi tedioso, e cheio de bullshits forçados
mano eu não gostei nem um pouco desse episódio também bem chato tipo tudo se passou em um estádio, nós vimos um monte de gente a morrer mas eu tava nem aí personagens sem vida e com roupa ridícula de power ranger,além disso teve um furo da flecha vermelha ,no primeiro episódio o Miraí fez com que a sua tia se suicida-se mas aqui eles disseram que a flecha tem limites e o cara não quis morrer pelo metropolimanmetropoliman
Oct 29, 2021 2:41 PM

May 2018
The CG metropolimen are still distracting but man this episode was tense. That strong Metropoliman is no joke!
Oct 29, 2021 3:28 PM

Mar 2020
I hate how this bitch just screams for Mirai to save the girl. If you want someone to save her so badly then YOU go you bitch!!!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

274 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 20, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2021

117 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2021

139 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:01 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2021

230 by Lita2013 »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:03 PM

» moral of the story

Kanashito - Apr 3, 2022

23 by bastek66 »»
Nov 18, 2023 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.