Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2021 1:09 PM
Jun 2021
gd that looked good. i love the finishing blow from destiny in the last fight scene. reminded me of yami condensing his mana zone haha.. both badass. story i hope will come next ep.. at least a little more than the generic as most have said
Oct 5, 2021 1:12 PM
Pancake

Feb 2014
wow really enjoyed this!!!

she has my heart
Oct 5, 2021 1:17 PM
Jul 2013
Visauls are good, but there is absolutely no atmosphere. People behave normally and the world itself feels normal for the most part. The ost doesn't fit either.
Eh... if I'll continue watching this, it would only be for the visuals sadly.
Oct 5, 2021 1:20 PM

Jul 2008
3/5 for me, the Animations and chara design are beautiful and deserve to be watched.
But I didn't really enjoy the too-common scenes, without any background setting.
We didn't have the time to feel anything for the MCs, it goes like BAM then BOOM and BIM calories, munch munch, music.
No smooth start to develop sympathy for them.
Oct 5, 2021 1:22 PM

May 2018
So this is like a crossover between Vivy and RWBY but plays out like Appare-Ranman.

Nice sakuga here and there also some pretty colours.
Oct 5, 2021 1:40 PM
Mar 2018
Oh man, this was a fun first episode. Can't wait for the rest of the series! It delivered on all fronts as I expected!

A bit sad that Madhouse has fallen so low to where they work as sort of an outsource studio at the moment for MAPPA. Hopefully, they can bounce back in the future.
This was supposed to be MAPPA alone but they didn't want to commit with the full responsibility so they approached Madhouse to work with them, it's a win-win scenario for MAPPA. They are getting all the engagement in their channels, they are making money from it, and they can save resources to work on their big money-making series.
I expect them to do this more often, it's a good deal at the end of the day.

It's also a good opportunity for Madhouse to work on a blockbuster series, it's been a while since they did anything like this, and everyone will be talking about this for the next few months.

MAPPA really seems to be going places and to be honest, I really think they are trying to sort of change working conditions for the better. I was especially surprised with JJK and CSM. From what I heard they personally went to Shueisha to ask for the JJK anime way back when only 4 volumes were out and CSM was even crazier because they are the only ones in the production committee If I remember right, they completely own the rights for the anime, the fact that the president of Mappa himself personally requested Shueisha to bring CSM into their studio and successfully acquired it, shows they are more than just a simple "anime studio" now.

Mappa is rapidly rising as one of the biggest anime studios right now both in financial, business, creative, and production power. I wouldn't be surprised if they're going to reach the heights of the big ones like Pierrot, Toei, TMS, and even Production IG, where these anime studios are usually always part of the production committee and in high ranks, and thus, have a more significant creative control on their IPs.
Oct 5, 2021 1:48 PM
Jun 2010
and i thought akikan had a dumb premise
Oct 5, 2021 1:54 PM
Jul 2019
First and foremost, That animation was fire
Second, That ending was fire
And third, the music and sound was fire
Oct 5, 2021 2:11 PM

Sep 2019
I LOVED Destiny’s design, she looks sooooo good. I also liked the OP, it’s by mafumafu and ryo afterall. The animation was amazing, it will probably be the best part about this show. The music was fine too. It wasn’t a great first episode for me. I got bored.
Oct 5, 2021 2:21 PM
Mar 2021
YOOOOOOOO. WTF . Keep up that animation quality and actually have a decent story.. im keeping my 10/10 rating that’s already been saved xD
Oct 5, 2021 2:36 PM

Dec 2013
Ashhk said:
Reminds me of Listeners but with a good animation, still got bored 80% of the episodes, only the fights scenes were worth it

Yeah I hope this keeps my attention better than Listeners did. I got really bored halfway through the season and had to drop it
Oct 5, 2021 2:46 PM

Feb 2014

Ah the iconic Master Servant scene revitalized. The animation is OP while the characters seem to be aloof. Let's see where this goes.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 5, 2021 2:50 PM

Jul 2019
A party that consists of an obsessed musical mastermind, a sarcastic gun girl that accumulates her powers through pastry and a nominal group leader that tries to sort out the mess her wards are leaving behind travel from West to East of America. This land was surrendered to the enemies who came from outside and introduced their own rules in the occupied territory. Music is now banned for those who are not ready to resist the imposed yoke from time to time. It's not clear what is the purpose of these unearthly creatures rather than to be a roadblock between people and their craving for beauty. For now I consider them parasites that came to suck out the energy of the human world.

Takt is brilliant in his role of warlike rebel and along with Destiny (literally his right hand-girl) this duo can spark some lights and kick some ass. Again, from what I saw it seems that Destiny once was a girl of flesh and blood but now its more of a phantom, a dream, a muse and a hope that lives fueled by her kapellmeister's inner world.

I really like the colors and backgrounds of this anime, a sense of easiness and beauty when music scattered throughout the episode turns on and it is great for a show that based on the opposition of art and barbarism. It's an endless road (metaphorically) ahead and echoes of our heroes steps will sound as a victorious anthem for those who dare to reclaim their right to sound in tune with aesthetics.
Oct 5, 2021 2:55 PM

Jan 2020
The art, music, and animation almost brought a tear to my eye until they had to transition back to the unfunniest and generic ass dialogue.

I didn't really have that much hope for the plot anyway but the immersion for the action scenes were unreal.
Oct 5, 2021 2:55 PM

May 2018
Absolutely loved the music, animation, and fights. Lets hope it get better but not worse.

Oct 5, 2021 2:57 PM

Aug 2021
I have always loved unique and unrepetitive stories, and hopefully it will live up to expectations.

I forgot this, the ending song is great.

Oct 5, 2021 3:15 PM
Jul 2019
All i can say is that I have high hopes. I'm just praying it doesn't end up like last seasons Detective is already dead.
Oct 5, 2021 3:16 PM

Apr 2015
I swear when Takt fell of that building and smacked into the ground I actually had to think of "Look ma, I'm roadkill!"

I am genuinely impressed so far. With two big shots like MAPPA and Madhouse, it comes to no surprise that the production value is impressive. Sounds is great too and I am definitely liking the characters. Anne's energy is just the best so far, she feels like the mother or guardian of the other two troublemakers. Destiny or Cosette is incredibly cute and I just love that dress, it looks really good on her. Action is great so far and the story can go anywhere still.

I am down for more. For sure one of the best premieres so far this season.
Oct 5, 2021 3:21 PM

Jul 2012
Flashy animations and good music but i'm really not a fan of characters that are so deep in their own "objectives" they can't listen to the voice of reason, Anna in this case... Supposedly they've been in this situation for a while but Takt STILL seemed way too much on his own world to think of the consequences of his actions, actually got on my nerves a tiny bit. I get it his character's most defining trait so far is his love for music but i hope he tones it down a bit...

we'll see, didn't grab my attention that much on the first episode but i can see why people talk so much about this already
-miraiiOct 5, 2021 3:42 PM
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Oct 5, 2021 3:27 PM

Nov 2018
At least we don't have anyone who can spoil the show...
Oct 5, 2021 3:30 PM

Jan 2019
Hoping the story is good since we still can't tell from only the first episode. From the opening there is still a lot of characters yet to be revealed which is exciting. Animation is what you expect from Madhouse and Mappa Collab. Betting this will be really good
Oct 5, 2021 3:44 PM

Aug 2018
All the character designs look great and generally it is just visually impressive, the concept of the plot isn't anything jaw dropping but seems memorable enough not to be a problem, everything else seems pretty well done. The episode was a pretty fun watch and I have my fingers crossed it doesn't ruin itself in the next few episodes, this could be a lot of fun.
_______I like rocks__
Oct 5, 2021 3:48 PM

Jun 2021
Solid episode 1

Animation and sound effect was top notch. The story so far feels pretty generic, but I guess it's a little too early to judge. Hopefully the story can match the animation.
Oct 5, 2021 3:55 PM
Jul 2018
Amazing animation as this studio did something as good as this animation, looking forward to the next episodes.
Oct 5, 2021 3:56 PM

Jul 2016
Destiny's fighting outfit is so Fate and I love it.

Besides that, nothing much to say here. Absurd premise and main characters seem kinda flat (for now) but visuals sure look hella good.
SouthRzVaOct 5, 2021 3:59 PM
Oct 5, 2021 4:00 PM

Sep 2020
Animation Is Savage Dog
Oct 5, 2021 4:05 PM

May 2021
I got what I expected, sakuga and beautiful art, I am not complaining. If it stays consistent in that regard, this can be an enjoyable watch

Oct 5, 2021 4:13 PM
Apr 2021
Dang this is going to be REALLY good!!!!

~Kaga
Follow me pls
Oct 5, 2021 4:23 PM

Jul 2012
Great animation and beautiful music, but I find the story and characters boring and generic so far. I'm not sure I'll finish this one.
Oct 5, 2021 4:25 PM

Dec 2020
Pretty decent so far. I do love the aesthetic but the story is kind of... Okay at best? And I find the lead characters to be fine. However, we'll see how this goes.
Oct 5, 2021 4:26 PM

Oct 2020
I like the whole conductor and musictart coordination needed to fight. Takt is a music nerd and, Destiny wants to destroy all of the D2s. Heh, Anna's there to keep Takt and Destiny in check. The Op is really good, expected from its stacked talent. A little detail: I love the little Mario coin collection sfx whenever Takt's arm turns into Destiny's weapon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2021 4:35 PM
Mar 2021
Interesting polt and setting.
Oct 5, 2021 4:35 PM

Jul 2020
The first episode is... OK. Putting this on the list of Overrated First Episodes with Hyperbolic Comments. It's fine but nothing very original. Based on the synopsis and the buzz, I was expecting more especially from the OST. I'm not sure why everyone thinks it's so much better than it is. The main characters aren't especially original or likeable. The fight scenes are good but they are not as smooth as many seem to believe. Not every show has to be Ufotable level (don't we wish, though) but the fight scenes are actually rather choppy in this episode. The music is all right but why cut away from the Beethoven? It reminds me of the tragedy in Mashiro no Oto where they played generic piano music over the shamisen playing. WHY THO? And the song at the end (which I assume is going to be the OP) is fine but the singer's voice is just this side of whiny and if that's the OP I will be skipping it (assuming I get past the 2nd episode).
Oct 5, 2021 4:37 PM
Feb 2018
Beautiful, but there's not much else going for this anime. It will probably be a third episode drop for me.
Oct 5, 2021 4:47 PM
Aug 2020
I can’t help but feel like this show is more than it’s letting on. Maybe I’m wrong and it’ll just be generic all the way through, but it feels like a Madoka Magica, NGE kind of setup.
Oct 5, 2021 4:55 PM
Jul 2019
the animation are nice, story for now is quiet decent. csm is in good hands
Oct 5, 2021 4:58 PM
Mar 2021
dang, beside the good animation, im sure like the opening
Oct 5, 2021 5:09 PM

May 2015
Well the premise seems a bit silly, but the artwork is fantastic and l love classical music so I guess ill keep watching
Oct 5, 2021 5:13 PM

Jul 2016
That was an awesome start. I'm hyped
Oct 5, 2021 5:15 PM
Dec 2020
Most looking forward to the musical scores from this. This has all the potential to have one of my favorite soundtracks of all time.
Oct 5, 2021 5:18 PM

Sep 2017
Similar to listeners in concept. Both being Mappa originals is kinda interesting. Seems better than listeners so far and lets hope it stays that way. Animation was very good but it is only the first episode. Beginning is kind of nonsensical. If music will attract this monsters then why tf is there a working piano just sitting in the middle of town where some random kid could walk up to it. Sure composer guy willing played it but that's just cause he is a music freak and has his magical girl sidekick to fight the D2. W/e I mean they obviously just wanted to catch the viewers attention right out the gate with a fight so I can ignore something so insignificant.
Oct 5, 2021 5:33 PM

Jun 2019
You can really tell that MAD x MAPPA handle the animation when those fighting scenes came into action. God-tier animation as expected.

Episode 1 so far is good. The story starts with a prologue so we have a background on why musicarts and conductors exist. The characters are goofier than I expected. Their VA's also suit them well. Destiny's character design reminds me of Nero from FGO and her gun/weapon reminds me so much of Battle Academia Caitlyn.

However, I don't feel the Western vibes in this one chief.

Overall, pretty decent pilot episode.
MarureviereOct 5, 2021 5:40 PM
Oct 5, 2021 5:36 PM
Dec 2017
El primer está bien cuidado, eso es todo
Oct 5, 2021 5:44 PM
Aug 2019
I--like everyone else--loved the animation; It was stunning. The character designs are pretty good, as well. But, that's about all the positives I have for now. Quite frankly, the dialogue in this episode was atrocious. Instead of creating interesting interactions, they turned every other line of dialogue into world-building and general character info in the most inorganic way possible. It's really a shame because I thought the animation and the voice actors gave the characters quite a bit of personality, but the lines were just awful.

Though, with all that exposition out of the way, I hope that the next episode(s) can benefit from that info dump and make it more interaction-driven instead of having lines like "Don't forget that our goal is to get to New York!" or the main guy saying, "stop spoiling her so much." and the girl responding with "But, she's my sister." Like, seriously?!?! Who tf says shit like that? Instead of treating the viewers like the most mentally deficient troglodytes, one of them could just refer to the other as "onee-chan" in casual conversation which would have gotten the exact same information across, but in a much more organic fashion.
Oct 5, 2021 5:47 PM

Jun 2020
First, the visuals are dazzling. The OTS is amazing, and blends with the visuals perfectly. Brilliant work! Now my first impressions about Takt. As an MC he’s very bland, and doesn’t have much substance to draw the viewer. He’s arrogant, selfish, reckless, and weak. His actions can harm him and the innocent people around him. He may have the strength to kill one , but he does not have strength to save people caught in his battle. He doesn’t have the strength to back up his persona. As an example let’s use Anos. He has the same traits as this MC, but that being said. He can back up all these personality traits. He can protect people around him caught in his battles, and rebuilds anything he destroyed. Absolutely no one is affected by his actions. That eliminates any reasons to berate him. This makes Anos a very likable character. Frankly enjoying to watch. Please forgive me if I upset anyone. Apologies!

I have nothing to say about Destiny for now. I’ll write more later.
Oct 5, 2021 6:11 PM

Mar 2021
Not a bad first episode, hopefully it improves.
Oct 5, 2021 6:14 PM
May 2016
Nothing about this seemed very original just a bunch of repackaged tropes. At least it looked nice, guess I'll give it a few more episodes.
Oct 5, 2021 6:37 PM
Oct 2021
The first episode was so good. The animation. music and specially the sfx oh my. I think takt will be really good and im looking forward to the future eps.
test
Oct 5, 2021 6:38 PM

Jan 2020
5/5 start. I like the characters so far and the animation was unsurprisingly and very expectedly amazing. The usage of classical music and being used during fights is something that works very perfectly in the series and it puts a smile on my face. Anna's "shut up" is something I can listen to all day lol

I saw the opening visuals on mappa's youtube channels and it's very very good. Unique songs and pretty visuals

good start

Oct 5, 2021 6:47 PM

Jan 2011
besides the awful name i only have gone off the cover art thinking this takes place in America lol.. plot was not what i was expecting doesn't seem all that rare but i guess i'll take a replacement for symphogear or a better listeners

i know it's madhouse/ mappa but i'll wait and see how long they keep the quality up it looks quite nice but that could just be first episode hype

i think the FGO pv animator worked on this? it looked like their work or from Fate/Apocrypha

dont dislike the cast it's both funny and annoying how much this girl is talking about her calorie intake
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I guess this is it huh ?

Neo_Randomz - Apr 9

24 by Merve2Love »»
Apr 21, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2021

282 by TeaBagCha »»
Apr 8, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2021

115 by IamRaeon »»
Mar 3, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2021

127 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 6:45 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2021

116 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 4:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.