Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2014 1:36 AM

Jun 2012
Well I sure am glad I found this. It is hilarious, obviously I watched the dub. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time xD By enjoyment this would be beyond 10/10, I watched all 20 episodes in a day and don't feel tired from it at all.

Oct 16, 2014 10:45 PM

Jun 2009
I wish to watch this again only this time as the sub.
Nov 30, 2014 5:40 AM

Jun 2012
So many sentiments (subbed version btw). Took me back to my preteen years. I'm glad I decided to rewatch the series now.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Dec 11, 2014 6:58 PM
Dec 2014
WeShootBurglars said:
Fucking hilarious series.

Amen!
Jan 7, 2015 4:12 AM

Aug 2013
fuck i wish there was more eps great show
Yo
Aug 21, 2015 1:24 PM

Sep 2013
Going to ACTUALLY miss this series:
These dubbers lived the dream and made it real.
This wouldn't even be remotely possible to do in this butthurt modern age.
Oct 15, 2015 10:52 PM

Feb 2014
Xynical said:

Try Panty and Stocking. From what I heard the dub is pretty wild. Plus the VA for Momoko is one of the lead character.
Nov 17, 2015 3:23 AM

Nov 2014
AMANOJAKU NOOOO =,(
He was my favorite character!
Oh well, I still loved this series soooo much
Feb 13, 2016 2:53 AM

Jan 2011
You just gotta love dubs like these.
May 26, 2016 1:41 PM

Apr 2009
that's a-..... lot of dead birds _xD

seriously though, i wonder why i thought there was 35 episodes of this one?
oh, cuz i've got Gakkou no Kowai Uwasa opened in the other tab and confused them, eheh.....

lol, bwahaha- opportunist ghost _XD

......."floor is lava" i suppose =w='

........AAAAWWWhhhhhh, that was adorkable ;w;'

-i seriously wish there was more to this though -w-'
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
May 27, 2016 12:03 AM

Feb 2010
I seriously loved this series. So sad it ended. It made me laugh so much. One of the best dubs I've ever seen XD wish there was more like this. I would literally watch hundreds of episodes like this. I'll probably rematch it again.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Oct 22, 2016 2:31 AM

May 2015
This has to be the greatest English dub I've ever heard in an anime haha I'm seriously gonna miss this show er I mean the English dub of this show LOL.

I never would have thought that I would enjoy such a shitty show because of one factor alone: the English dub. I laughed so hard at times and this show was such a hilarious ride haha XD.

9/10 for that English dub greatness. :D
Nov 3, 2016 10:39 AM

Feb 2012
I watched the subbed version, (I know I couldnt tolerate the alterations that people say are made in the english dub). I really liked it, classic 90s anime series from Pierrot.
May 18, 2017 3:45 PM

Aug 2015
Just finished the dub 10/10
The only opinion that should matter to you is yours.
Apr 22, 2018 9:03 PM

Feb 2017
This dub should be treated as a gem. Totally rare piece of work that seems impossible to come from the industry in today's era of political correctness. This is such a pre-9/11 piece of media. If later generations want to know what we lost on that day, just show them this dub and they will understand.
May 31, 2020 4:04 PM

Jun 2016
I want a season 2....
Jun 17, 2020 3:50 AM

Jul 2016
What a memorable dub. I never expected to find an anime about a Jewish boy, a hardcore Christian who used to do drugs, a pervert with a panty fetish, and a girl with a retarded brother who banded together to exorcise demons. This is up there with the great dubs of Cowboy Bebop and Baccano.

The story sucked ass and so did the animation and I can only imagine how much I would have hated this if I didn't watch the dubbed version. It would just be another cliché "youkai" hunting with almost no plot. I'm glad the script wasn't taken seriously.

8/10 thanks to the dub. It was refreshing getting some American dark humor in anime and 4th wall breaking moments. Pretty sure I'd have rated this a 3/10 if I watched the subbed version.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Sep 20, 2020 8:54 PM

Apr 2013
please tell me if there's another show dubbed by the legends.
Apr 20, 2021 8:30 PM

Oct 2017
nep-nep said:
eski514 said:
This dub should be treated as a gem. Totally rare piece of work that seems impossible to come from the industry in today's era of political correctness. This is such a pre-9/11 piece of media. If later generations want to know what we lost on that day, just show them this dub and they will understand.

These are all the much realer in 2020/2021 - shits hit the fan with political views and anyone who did these jokes in todays age would meet the fires of wrath and never come back to the media industry in any form ever again sadly....

Great ending though to the series and loved the hell out of those jokes - amanojakus jokes about the golden globe and the
"its one think to mess with me, its one think to pick on my little brother and my friends!
"BUT DON'T FUCK WITH MY CAT!"

Ranivus said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"I'll hit you in the NUTZ!"

Typical final episode for a horror flick. All the monsters come back to kill all the main characters. "Game over man game over!" haha. He killed my cat! +1 for metaphorical blow jobs. Typical anime ending with a not so typical script makes the ending much more entertaining. Forget Satsuki panties (white) but got the best shot of the series of Momoko. Pure white just like she should have. Funny how the artists took the time to outline her vajayjay.

This is still my favorite comedy anime after all these years. Need more of these.

So weird how japanese show such ludeness - but also i thought they were violet like momokos hair ribbon? lol -

deleted56575678 said:
I want a season 2....

Total facts, i wish there was a season 2, but i guess this is it, and the era of the 2006 days are over.... btw dude who said pre 9/11 just cuz the japanese was 2000, the dub was actually 2006 - these mfs knew about fullmetal alchemist which was out in 04 and dubbbed in 06 to i think i cannot accurately remember for surez,

P.S i had to listen to this quote and write it down it was just pure greatness because all endings are sooooo over the tip tragic such as this lmfao say for like lord of the rings or something

"AMANOJAKU"
"yeah yeah yeah i know, all of a sudden I'm a big softy,
"But its these kind of scenes that golden globes are made of.
"That foreign press corn, and academy awarders eat the sentimental up!
"I'm a whore.."
"Oh Kaya!"
"I'm not KAYA! I'M AMANOJAKUUUU!!! - AND I DO MY OWN STUNTS!!!"

LMAO totally the greatest ending everrrrrr!!! lmfao. just wonderful, pure bliss ending, couldn't ask for more. - Some episodes fell off though between like 15-20 mainly the snow resort ep and like the radio episode or that tunnel taxi ghost from like the first 5-10 eps - but other than that most episodes i laughed out loud at least 10/20
- and the rest i was rather amused enough to still enjoy it so its at least a 9/10 though id still like to rate it a 10/10 but it looses that point cuz a few still fell flat, it was a great dub, and about as close to perfect as you could get with what they had to work with eitherway though

And man if that comedian voiced more anime characters than just the cat he'd totally make it onto my top 10 peoples list on mal lmao - he was just greatness, he took his role very serious and only was comedic when he felt the need which made his one liners hit a hell of a lot greater and funnier then most of the other cast who was jumping at almost every joke they could try and land, which kinda made theirs funny surely but not asss funny cuz you kinda expected some of them at times. - Still greatness though! Solid 9! or 9.5.
May 14, 2021 7:04 AM

Nov 2020
What a ride. This type of dub was like lighting in a bottle, we'll likely never see something like this again with its risky and raunchy humor, which is a bit sad but it'll make this series stand out even more in the long run. It took a bit for me to get into it as it only really started to let loose the entirety of the episodes as it went on, but in the end I can't deny I had a good time. All these characters are super memorable with so many quotable lines, and the different ghosts are generic but still fun thanks to the dialogue.

Favorite performance has got to be the bunny girl in episode 9. Even though the main cast was great, she really stood with her hilarious delivery that ranged from deadpan to ridiculously over the top. Overall, fun show that's worth watching if you're not too sensitive.
Are ya winning, diners?
Jun 18, 2021 3:49 PM

Jun 2019
My 117th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Dec 9, 2021 8:33 PM

Jan 2016
This is a unique dub. I don't think I will find too many like this. Maybe My Girlfriend is a Gal
Jun 23, 2022 1:17 AM

Dec 2020
Watched in dub. Jokes were either hit or miss or maybe too repetitive. But when they were a hit it be extremely funny.

The dub is somewhat dated and you can tell by the references. I'm not that young but I got maybe like 40% of these references be it the actors or media they mentioned.

Animation eh, story eh, sound issues eh. Even with the very funny dub I give it a generous 7.
Jul 19, 2023 11:29 AM

Dec 2009
I've only briefly compared some scenes to the original, so I can only guess that the actual anime is probably decent from what it seems off what the english dub guessed of the plot.

So, story-wise, I don't think it's bad.
Every episode has action with a ghost.
I don't know how much of the sound design is from the original, but the animation and score looks and sounds good. Thus entertaining.

Probably a score of 4-5 for the lackluster closure to the mother and the development of the demon "cat".
Even though it kinda feels like a 6/10.

The English Dub though is a 7/10. Arguably 8 for its unique comedy.

From overall adult and dark humor,
to mocking the idiocy of horror movies, anime and japan logic, to fourth breaking voice acting. It is hilarious.

I barely understood the several celebrity references.
I don't think comedy of name dropping has ever been generally funny,

but the retro style of offensive humor before cancel culture existed... with; religious, racial, homophobic, mental, or sexual comedy. Hilarious.

Pure Stupid Retro Comedy that was very enjoyable for how it's all very ridiculous.
I particularly enjoyed the bits and running jokes of Keichiro crying and speaking gibberish, while being called a retard.
Momoko as calling everyone sinners or whatever.
The actors making fun of horror with movie references or anime logic, being funny with lip the flaps,
Satsuki being sexually harassed. Her drunk degenerate father. The construction workers with the sister jokes. Leo being a jew.
The spirits being sluts.

I think the first quarter is less funny but practically every episodes had one funny moment at least, but it's even funnier overall the second half.
Less so at the finale.

Originally though, I do like the two episodes with the Mother.
Even though her letter is incredibly generic. The episode after where we see her in the past is pretty cool.
Otherwise, the anime is kinda basic.
Oct 21, 2023 7:56 PM
Jul 2021
This ep was basically:
Amanojaku NOOO
Amanojaku YEEES
then shortly after,
Amanojaku NOO (again cause I don't like his ending)
Nov 29, 2023 10:50 PM
Jun 2014
Reply to cool10omkar
please tell is there is any chance of more episodes of ghost at school please tell
@cool10omkar Im so sorry...
Mar 25, 4:49 PM
Jul 2013
Some of the best lines this ep:
"I kinda hope Kaya's possesed forever. So far i've killed my frog, two gherbils, 16 goldfish, a schautzer and a dachshund. This is the only bastard that survived me."
"isn't this sweet? I'm starting to like you, this is supposed to be the last and touching episode."

"Hey! Holy shit it's Hitchcock! At least We're not ripping off Ring again."

"-I guess I can't let them all die.
-I would."

"-What are you two waiting for?
-Our boners... to go down."

The dub saved this anime and made it a classic.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 18 Discussion

Ranivus - Apr 1, 2010

19 by matheoo41 »»
Mar 20, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 15 Discussion

Ranivus - Mar 28, 2010

24 by matheoo41 »»
Feb 20, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 12 Discussion

Ranivus - Mar 28, 2010

37 by Sexyjutsu »»
Feb 12, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 10 Discussion

stand - Oct 22, 2013

21 by Sexyjutsu »»
Feb 7, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 19 Discussion

Ranivus - Apr 1, 2010

28 by Zewerr »»
Feb 5, 9:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.