Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2021 10:28 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dojima now having known the serial killer's identity as Yokuya Kinshiro, she has reason to be terrified that the Pretty Boy on D Hill will go after her, even in Yubiwa Academy. As is the Pretty Boy Detective Club's Bishounens fully knowing the tense situation, this is pretty much The Last Supper kind of symbolism, and the entire club going into full operation for her support into becoming the Student Council president the way that she has to do like Nagahiro does for addition. Call it quits? It's not in Dojima's Mayu's vocabulary.

Such an elaborate killer plan of Kinshiro's that's unlike Dojima's first impressions, and to incite the throes of death he taunts her like it was nothing in a scarily beautiful manner. Where it was supposed to be Nagahiro doing her endorsement speech, Leader Manabu back with his cross-dressing storytelling Rakugo of re-accounting Dojima's life from the very beginning to end. Without Dojima, the Pretty Boy Detective Club wouldn't be where they are now.

Well that was an easy win logged, and things ae back to normal, but this time with the elegance of beauty.

What a fun and psychedelic show this is, truly a NisiOisin work through and through.
KANLen09Jun 26, 2021 12:03 PM
Jun 26, 2021 11:23 AM

Jun 2019
Aww.. our poor Mayumi is scared and on top of that Sotouin told her to give up on that. She cried because she didn't want to give up. The good thing was that President accepts her feelings and let her do the job on the case. 'Mayu' is a cute nickname. LOL.

But, boy the visuals during Mayumi and Yokuya conversation were so beautiful yet so creepy. Brilliant job once again, Shaft. Then, we saw Soutouin's speech for Mayumi and why they should believe in her was so good. It was basically a whole recap over her journey from nowhere to an honorable member of the Pretty Boys Detective Club. And, Mayumi became the next President of the Student Council. I love Mayumi. She's so adorable.

Overall, a good show indeed. Loved the beautiful art style. Of course, it's Shaft after all, and a Nisio Isin's work.

CONTINUED
Jun 26, 2021 11:32 AM
Sep 2015
While the final episode is the best episode, I'm still not sure if I want to watch a sequel.
Jun 26, 2021 12:20 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Definitely a worth it one for the author x Shaft comeback, the mysteries were just a little weak sometimes but they're carried by the art style and realization, it hyped me to see more
Jun 26, 2021 12:56 PM

Jun 2019
Damn, where the hell was that all this time?

This series finally found its own style with the change in artsyle when the villain of the arc spoke to Mayumi. Too bad it came on the last episode of the season. That was hands-down my favorite moment of the series so far and actually got me interested in what was happening instead of half-zoning out. Soutin’s recap speech was a little contrived, but it fit with the situation I guess.

All in all, while this anime was kind of lukewarm writing-wise for most of the season, I felt that it started to come into its own in the final arc. It was visually entertaining throughout and I will watch the next season if the same people are on board.

6/10. Closer to a 7 than a 5.
Jun 26, 2021 2:19 PM

Mar 2020
Good conclusion to a really good show. As expected Nisioisin and shaft delivered. 8/10
check out odd taxi
Jun 26, 2021 4:36 PM
Jan 2021
This was such an amazing show. The art style and animation were beautiful especially in the last ep. I loved the stories and mysteries and the way the characters talk through everything and especially how they interact with eachother. It’s all so perfect and every episode was so good.
Jun 26, 2021 4:51 PM
Apr 2019
Beautiful, as usual. Seems like there will be no next season based on how the ep ended.

Also.... no one gonna deal with the literal psycopath in class? I get there's really no evidence but like that dude is CREEPY.
Jun 26, 2021 5:28 PM

Mar 2021
This series finally come to the end, The art and animation is very beautiful as it is about pretty boy detective club. The story is what you expect from Nishio Ishin. However, I noticed that some of the boys lacks character development and most of the mystery doesn't seem to hook me up. I don't know if I am gonna be hyped if the sequel is to be announced in the future.

Jun 26, 2021 6:08 PM
Sep 2018
Post-credits scene ended with the kanji for continuation (続 - read as tsuzu- or zoku), so the chances for a second season or ovas adapting one of the novels are pretty high.
Jun 26, 2021 6:19 PM
May 2017
WOW those visuals fucked me up.
Jun 26, 2021 6:42 PM

Apr 2008
As you'd expect from the show's message the aesthetics really were spectacular, but the plots needed more meat to them. What was that resolution? After that speech we're not even going to see the villain take his turn? We're not going to address the idea that he's some sort of almost supernatural amalgam beyond offhandedly say he's probably some assassin? We're comfortable the with the academy breeding assassins? This doesn't need more discussion? With the first few arcs you could excuse things as introductory, but every story turned out fairly disappointing. I can't dislike a show this pretty, but I don't think it would have taken much at all to make this much better.
Jun 26, 2021 7:18 PM
Apr 2016
Doinkidoo said:
Beautiful, as usual. Seems like there will be no next season based on how the ep ended.

Also.... no one gonna deal with the literal psycopath in class? I get there's really no evidence but like that dude is CREEPY.

i mean, he was not even a student of the academy to begin with, if the other boys are already aware of that then it looks like he's at least not in mayu's class anymore. but if he's a spy of the academy as nagahiro pointed out then probably it will end up the same way as twenties, just out there still causing trouble kkk
Jun 26, 2021 7:19 PM
Apr 2016
seriously the art of this episode was terrific, i love the aesthetics and the artstyles of this anime so freaking much
Jun 26, 2021 8:13 PM
Jun 2015
really liked this episode and the series in general. The crazy guy reminded me of Kira in the way that sequence with him talking to Mayumi was animated.
And am I seeing too much or is mr delinquent jealous of Mayumi and mr genius? I always thought their interactions were the best and I dont wanna say I ship them, but I do see potential.
Anyway, the final message was cute and I am curious to see what comes next. Hope this gets a second season.
Jun 26, 2021 8:39 PM

May 2016
With super club the surprises of this season, a lovely ending as always. I can not say that I did not want a bit of romance but as Kogoro explained that would have made Mayuri a maiden and not a boy.

10/10 for me.
Jun 27, 2021 12:24 AM

Sep 2020
holy shit that was one of the worst shows I've ever watched

it's disappointing really, I thought that would be an absolute banger with the people working on it, but that ended up being one of the most poorly written things I've ever seen. I think I laughed like 10 times overall

at least the visuals were good ??
watch this and your dick (or vagayna) will literally blow off with the sheer amount of force and momentum created by inertia and Einsteins second law :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXJuefY2tG1lB9q7QaFJQLQ
Jun 27, 2021 2:43 AM

Sep 2018
An anime almost solely carried by terrific aesthetics... and I'm perfectly fine with that, I'm not obsessed with "good writing". And no one should be, unless the only anime they ever liked are LoGH, Monster and alike.

8/10
Jun 27, 2021 3:11 AM

Oct 2016
That was fucking amazing... or should I say beautiful. This final episode is definitely my favorite episode out of the whole show. Mayumi pretty much became one of my favorite characters in anime, our Celestial Scum.

Sotouin out of all people saying that they're "just kids messing around" really hit me fucking hard. That intro scene was fantastic. I didn't expect Yokuya to be that terrifying, but the visual style with Mayumi and Yokuya's scene was eyegasmic. Dude just infiltrated the class just like that, there's probably more to him past where the anime adapted. So, I really hope that post credit scene and "to be continued" means we are getting a season 2.

Michiru acting all jelly because of Sousaku, I guess those 2 are Mayumi's love interests. Overall I really enjoyed the show, it's not as good as Monogatari of course, but it's still pretty good. 8.5/10 ~ 8/10.
Jun 27, 2021 7:32 AM
Dec 2018
At first, I wasn't sure about watching this but I try the first episode and I immediately hook by the aesthetic background and art style as expected from SHAFT. Tbh, the story arcs isn't interesting I don't have a favorite arc it's just I'm not into it. because of SHAFT animation that I watch it through the end.
6/10 and its says to be continue seems like they planning to make a sequel but im not sure if im going to watch it.
Jun 27, 2021 8:15 AM
Dec 2015
I loved all this playful over-the-top writing and exaggerated characters. It was really in the spirit of this show. Of course, the animation was the real killer. Thank you Shaft.

I'm so glad I picked this up. I didn't even realize something like this was airing until a few days ago. I think I would've never seen this anime if I hadn't decided to watch it then. That would be a shame as this show was a joy to watch.
Jun 27, 2021 8:21 AM
May 2016
Such a great show with so much mediocrity this season I don't understand how so many people purposely missed out on this wonderful gem. Of course Funimation f'd up the video and cut off that after credits scene (and the whole ED) would love some more, though those flash forward scene seems to have already given us a glimpse into their futures.
Jun 28, 2021 7:48 AM

Jun 2016
the animation is god tier !!!
the best part in this anime is eps 1 - 4 for me
Jun 28, 2021 10:27 AM
Oct 2009
It wasn't a super duper good anime, but this one was a WONDERFUL episode which really raised the bar. It was just so gorgeous and stylish, and the arc had a fun conclusion.
Jun 29, 2021 12:23 AM

Jan 2021
Yay! Happy ending ~

From start to finish the visuals were always stylish and spectacular and the mysteries were fun!

One of my favorite anime this season, I will definitely miss them all especially Nagahiro :( it says "continued" at the end, so... I'm looking forward!!

Jun 30, 2021 12:41 PM

Feb 2021
The only reason i give this a 7 instead of a 5 is cuz animation is 10/10 .. no, 11 out of 10

Thats it, this is aesthetically pleasing all the time, gorgeous to look at, but mostly boring (sorry not sorry)

What was the point of this anime? Is episodic ? I know therr are novels but the anime did until which volume? I want to know
Jul 2, 2021 12:21 PM

Aug 2018
The episode directing in this episode was great and considering this was the only episode Hajime Ootani directed (he also storyboarded it) so I have high hopes for what he does in the future.

While this show has all the visual flair as past shaft shows, I think its stories are less interesting.

5/10
_______I like rocks__
Jul 3, 2021 1:12 AM

Dec 2016
Hatsune Miku showed up to give the speech for Mayumi XD

The animation in this episode was top notch. Especially the animation of the conversation of Mayumi and Yokuya. Just that moment made it look like a horror anime.

Manabu's narration of Mayumi's life from the first episode till the last was beautiful. I wish all animes had recaps like that, meaningful and deep narration from the first till the end instead of just showing us the shortened version of what we've already seen.

I would've liked it if they showed Yokuya's speech and his reaction of Manabu's speech. But I don't get why did he have to go as far as killing someone to win the Student Council election...it would be a different case if it was Prime Minister election or something related to the whole country. And I think they didn't explain about what Mayumi said about Yokuya not being a student of Yubiwa Academy...or did they? I guess I didn't catch it.

Anyway, It wasn't bad. I enjoyed it and loved their portrayal of aestheticism even though some of their abstract explanations went over my head but I found those explanations beautiful. Some cases were quite beautifully exaggerated that made me think “why make such a big deal out of it” but over thinking is utskushii. I too over think even the slightest bit of things that is nothing to other people. I guess that's a really beautiful trait of mine XD

Overall 7/10
Jul 12, 2021 12:54 PM

Jul 2020
mediocre at all, I didn't feel the friendship that blue hair described having, for me, their relationship at first and in the end was the same. I thought it was ridiculous to proposal that a murderer showed up there, horrible.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2021 3:01 PM

Mar 2018
Oh man, that scene when Soutouin said “It’s child’s play afterall,” then everyone else started to give up was so good. Then when Mayumi chimed in and said that she still wanted to continue the job, :DDDDD!!! Seemed like she was finally integrated into the club.

When Yokuya first showed up no joke I actually clenched so hard, had me mad scared. The visuals were so sexy, and the dialogue was also very good, leading into Soutouin’s speech. The speech was *mwah* lovely, it was an actual perfect speech. That’s a person I’d vote for.

Loved the show, NISIOISIN is 😘
Jul 19, 2021 4:42 AM

Nov 2015
Bruh idk about anyone else but that scene at the end with Yokuya, that gave me actual chills and made me scared. That scene was the most frighteningly amazing. Out of all the horror/thriller/gore anime I have watched, this scene was the one that scared me the most. The art, the visuals, the music and the way they directed that scene truly made it terrifying and made me understand the fear that Mayumi was experiencing at that moment. Terrifyingly amazing
Aug 5, 2021 1:49 AM

Jul 2015
Holy crap Yokuya is hella creepy. Manabu crossdressed as Hatsune Miku giving the <b>beautiful</b> supporting speech was just too epic there. Nice way to end the season.

Although at times bit too absurd, I liked this series <b>beautiful</b> visuals and the eccentric cases (pleasant suprise as I expected more down-to-earth cases on minor student troubles).

Aug 5, 2021 2:41 PM

Jan 2021
I really loved the show, it was amazing. The ending was absolutely phenomenal for me. I think Nisio Isin is a very great author ^^
Sep 22, 2021 12:38 PM

May 2015
I can't be the only one who got Kira Yoshikage vibes from Yokuya
Nov 19, 2021 10:43 AM

May 2020
So excited for another season XD
Dec 31, 2021 10:36 AM

Jan 2013
damn damn damn!!! i was lowkey rooting for the bad guy to win coz he was yoshikage kira, kaiki and kumagawa levels of sigma male. reject pretty boys, embrace sociopaths of the 3k.
Jan 19, 2022 8:11 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Among the worst anime that aired this year alright. And I swear to fucking god if those hideous femboy rejects say "utsukushi" one more fucking time...
Mar 27, 2022 11:20 PM

Jul 2021
Not a bad show, there were some vague parts and nitpicks from here and there, but it's a decent wrapped up though it's mediocracy at best, the visual carries throughout the series imo. 6/10.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 15, 2022 5:51 AM

Mar 2013
These last 3 episodes' arc was scary lol
But overall, I'm satisfied with the outcome---no, I'm disappointed that this series only gets to have 12 episodes... >.< I need more Pretty Boy Detective Club.
Those ideals, opinions, or whatever you may call it. It was, stunningly beautiful!
Manabu and Mayumi really have wonderful personalities, we didn't get much from the delinquent, short-pants, and the artist this season but nonetheless, it was enjoyable.

If there were something skipped, it would probably make this more enjoyable.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 10, 2022 11:29 AM
Apr 2014
Damn. Wasn't the biggest fan of Manabu but that speech was quite beautiful! "Pun" unintended.

Overall it was enjoyable enough. I could really do without Mr. Bare-Legs though... And the constant talk about beautiful this, beautiful that was kinda tiring at some point. That endorsement speech was really the exception to that. Did not expect it and it really hit the nail on the head.

What was that "cliffhanger" at the end though? Second season confirmed? Just a bluff in case a second season being profitable enough to be produced? Not sure I need more of it especially with all the sub-stories of season 1 being wrapped up properly.

On a sidenote. The crazy branch of Shaft shimmered through just slightly during that talk between Mayumi and Yokuya again. Wish they'd do that more again like it was the case in Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei and Bakemonogatari. I really miss that. Their animation is great regardless of it as every time but it really was the crazinessin in art direction that sold them to me as one of the most entertaining.
NanashiOct 10, 2022 11:35 AM
Oct 25, 2022 2:38 PM

Jan 2022
Well,

Apparently didn't like this last episode as much as everyone else. Specifically the speach. Not the fact that it's a recap (although yeah, that's not a bonus point for it), but that it's supposed to be presented to an audience who isn't aware of the existence of the Pretty boy detective team, and who assume that Sotuin is a girl. Yet, I heard him use boku (the masculin pronoun), and 'us' or 'we'. Who is that to the audience? I get that it works for the viewer, but it really shouldn't have won them the campaign. I also don't really love that the show decided to agree that the School president wasn't popular amongst the students.. That felt dumb.
I don't particularly mind there being a killer, or the lack of his resolution. It worked as well as the other episodes IMO (which is to say, decently enough).
Another thing I felt was weird is that it seemed to show everyone's future version at the end, when the MC talks about everyone (you have the MC being a hair stylist or smth, the Adonis/blond kid being a gym teacher, that kinda stuff), yet they ended the show with, pretty much, a 'to be continued'. One or the other would be fine, but this felt contradictory.
Was a bit weird when I heard that the thing happened on hill C, and not D. So, you're telling me the guy hit her hard enough with a car that she fell unconscious, but that she wasn't banged up enough that there would be blood on the ground? At least where he dropped her on hiill D.
And yeah, that's about it. The show itself was fine.
Dec 24, 2022 1:20 AM

Sep 2018
Beautifully presented, as expected from Shaft with sharp, witty writing, as expected from Nisio Isin. I cannot help but compare it to his most famous work though, and it falls flat. Not bad by no means.
Feb 26, 2023 2:30 AM
Mar 2020
muy bonico el dibujo, pero mucho texto. La historia no es nada interesante
Dec 31, 2023 10:43 AM

Jul 2014
Overall show was pretty good adaptation of light novels! It even made it better, because they cut out the filler haha;

I looved the visuals and the boys came to life in this adaptation♥
Mar 24, 4:15 PM
May 2022
okkk, on est d'ac que c'était flippant avec le gars la ! En tout cas j'ai adorée cette épisode. Par contre la fin qui nous laisse sur :"la suite". Alors qu'il y a rien.... aaaaah que c'est frustrant

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishounen Tanteidan Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 15, 2021

18 by iridi »»
Apr 4, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Bishounen Tanteidan Episode 5 Discussion

Ashhk - May 8, 2021

33 by iridi »»
Apr 4, 7:31 PM

Poll: » Bishounen Tanteidan Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2021

20 by Izu-ku »»
Mar 24, 3:57 PM

» Who is the prettiest boy in your opinion?

MsNoobT - Jun 12, 2021

30 by SnadalFox »»
Feb 20, 9:38 AM

» This anime is so underrated!!

sonu711 - Jan 15, 2022

15 by OberonFelsach »»
Nov 15, 2023 6:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.