Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 12, 2022 8:55 AM
Oct 2021
NextUniverse said:
Just thought I'd ask to see where people would have wanted the series end. Some people are complaining about new sequel, most are hyped, but what is your stand on it.

Personally, I think it should have ended with Rebellion, it would have been an amazing bittersweet ending, but I haven't even watched this and only vague theories will show how movie 4 will end.

It definitely should have ended with Rebellion. The ending was unexpected but at the same time a perfect conclusion for what I would call a perfect movie. Tho a sequel doesn't hurt. I just wanna see more of my fav's!!
Mar 20, 2022 1:08 AM

Sep 2020
indeed, we need more answer to rebellion, considering rebellion was hilariously weird with unexplained twist, original ending was better imo
Mar 22, 2022 1:02 AM
Ichigo Parfait
Oct 2015
Are you broken? Rebellion most certainly was *not* a resolution, although I'll be damned if it wasn't f***ing incredible. A sequel is most certainly needed, I'm not sure why that's a question.
Mar 23, 2022 6:21 AM
Dec 2020
I think they could've just stopped at Rebellion because topping that is near impossible. If they do that I'll be damned
Mar 30, 2022 7:54 AM
Mar 2016
All the other characters found their peace, but the original TV series never really showed Homura letting go, and Rebellion saw her only dig the hole deeper. In classical Urobuchi style, that means we're not done with her until she either lets go or takes a bullet to the back.

My expectations are that this sequel will address that problem somehow. Until it does, Homura will feel like an incomplete character.
Apr 9, 2022 10:26 AM
Dec 2011
Can't understand people who are saying, that Rebellion ended it perfectly. It certainly wasn't a real Ending, there was so much left open, that it blows my mind. It would have been different, if the Director made a clear statement that this was indeed the finale.But since Urobotchi finished the Story for the Sequel in 2014, it is clear that a Sequel was decided from the get go. Why they took 8 freaking years, god knows. This is always risky, because Rebellion was at the peak of Madokas Hypetrain and yet they decided to let the Hype die down.
Apr 12, 2022 2:39 AM

Sep 2014
I think Madoka is in the unique position were the original ending was good, but so was the choice to extend it. Rebellion ended with a hard cliffhanger though and we have speculated about a proper sequel basically since it launched. I remember seeing an interview from the VA and director implying the original take sounded "too final" so I always had hope.

I wouldnt mind if this continues for more than just movie 4, as long as the quality remains high. 12 eps and 2 movies is barely 2 cours, so thats definitely not an oversaturation or milking.

Speaking of which, is this supposed to be related to the mobile game/anime in any way?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 12, 2022 8:11 PM

Apr 2015
Ryoketsu said:
The anime had a perfect ending that needed nothing else, while Rebellion's ending screams for a sequel. The third movie was never necessary, but after it, the fourth movie is extremely necessary to close everything that the third left open.

This. Thank you.
You just forgot to mention that Rebellion sucks, since TV series has a perfect ending/closure, just like Code Geass.
Apr 13, 2022 1:31 AM
Dec 2011
ShadowUnown said:
Ryoketsu said:
The anime had a perfect ending that needed nothing else, while Rebellion's ending screams for a sequel. The third movie was never necessary, but after it, the fourth movie is extremely necessary to close everything that the third left open.

You just forgot to mention that Rebellion sucks, since TV series has a perfect ending/closure, just like Code Geass.

Except it doesn't.
Nov 17, 2022 11:18 AM

Dec 2014
Hatreddd said:
indeed, we need more answer to rebellion, considering rebellion was hilariously weird with unexplained twist, original ending was better imo

Nothing of sorts. Everything is explained in the series, maybe you failed to understand it. There are a bunch of good video's on YouTube that explain it.

Yes. Both the anime and the Rebellion had perfect endings alone. The rebellion was not necessary, yet it ended up fitting very well in the story.. When you look at how the anime evolved you see a pattern. At the end of the anime, Madoka made a selfish choice, ignorant of Homura's feelings and how it would affect her when she chose to become a God but let Homura be the only one to remember her. In Rebellion it was Homura who made a selfish choice in overwriting Madoka's will and choices. At the same time, both choices were selfless. Madoka sacrificed herself to save the magical girls from becoming witches. Homura on the other hand, chose to bring Madoka back after she realized that Madoka herself was a normal girl who wouldn't make that choice and wouldn't want to leave her family and friends and be forgotten. Both choices were made out of love, but their ideals are different. So in the 4th movie, we need them to confront those ideals, and rather than make selfish choices for each other, look each other in the eyes, and make a choice together. Unlike the anime, Rebellion had an open ending, which made it clear that a confrontation between Madoka and Homura was unavoidable. We need a conclusion.
Dec 8, 2022 5:11 PM
Apr 2022
This is more of a situation of all the media is so good that theoretically in could’ve ended with just the first season, but Rebellion already foreshadowed in the end that Madoka and Homura would face each other one day. If Rebellion just ended with Homura dancing after she talks to Sayaka then it may have been a perfect conclusion, but the bridge scene is to powerful a moment that suggests the battle between Homura and Madoka is just beginning.
May 2, 2023 2:56 PM
Mar 2018
Rebellion certainly wasn't needed and its ending was ridiculous. So if this one continues the Rebellion route, I won't be looking forward to it.

CorruptedSlimeMay 2, 2023 5:55 PM
May 9, 2023 12:44 PM
Feb 2018
I mostly love the Rebellion movie, but I very much dislike the ending. 

And Shaft totally botched the anime adaption of Magia Record like, DAMN.

Right now this is my most-anticipated project in either film or anime, but I'm VERY nervous that they may screw it up again.
Jul 9, 2023 6:50 AM
Feb 2022
I just think it should've ended with the main series. Perfectly fine, sad and bittersweet ending with Homura never truly achieving her desire to be with Madoka, the latter managing to save everyone (and potentially the universe) from Walpurgisnacht.
Honestly I didn't really like Rebellion, it ruined it for me, so that's why I believe the sequel movie is needed. Plus one major asset of the series, that being Walpurgisnacht, never received any background or details surrounding her identity, and I hope for this to happen with the sequel movie. Like, who or what is Walpurgisnacht, exactly?
Nov 8, 2023 2:32 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to GothPuppy
i want a happy ending for homura, please creator senpai
@GothPuppy A happy ending with everything she did isn't easy, and neither I think it is what I want to see.
I have shipped Madoka x Homura ever since Rebellion, they are probably my yuri OTP due to everything Homura did for Madoka, so I want that twisted love to be explored, but whatever outcome comes from that... what I want is for Homura to be satisfied with what she achieved in life leading to this.

I want everything she did to matter, to maybe break Madoka and the other girls out of the loop for good, but I don't think such a thing would fit the movie and the series without heavy sacrifices and consequences.
A happy ending will not fit this series.

Such an odd affirmation, anyone would normally want a happy ending for their favorite works, but the genius of this franchise is that it twisted my feelings for it to the point even if we get something horrible (not in the sense that sucks, but very fucked up), i m all for it, as long as the journey made me genuinely feel for the characters and see once again all that sweet despair.
Mar 10, 3:37 PM
Oct 2019
laaala said:
I don't really mind tbh as long as this one doesn't pull a pyscho pass s2

The rest of Psycho-Pass after S2 is good imo
Mar 10, 5:43 PM
Mar 2016
Yes, it's very much needed.

The original show didn't really allow Homura to grow and change. Even after Madoka ascended she remained in the same "i fight for madoka" loop, just in terms of activity instead of time.

Rebellion was the first step of the healing process; Homura coming to the realization that she's sick was an important step, but it stopped short of presenting a solution. Ultimately, I think she needs to let Madoka go, else she'll always be stuck in her orbit. Given that Urobuchi is all about turning down unilateral ideals I expect this to be a hard process--one that will continue to hurt her the more she resists, but one that she must succeed at if there's any hope for a happy ending here.
Apr 14, 1:08 AM
Apr 2018
Rebellion ended on a cliffhanger, so this one is definitely needed. I hope they'll give us a satisfying resolution to this saga
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» if this got the yuri on ice movie treatment

lukassu - Apr 19

10 by APolygons2 »»
Apr 22, 7:42 AM

» New PV and Winter 2024

Dbagas8 - Sep 10, 2023

24 by Playcool »»
Apr 13, 3:20 PM

» Who am I supposed to root for?

Deku251 - Sep 11, 2023

28 by JaysonNnN »»
Mar 10, 3:38 PM

» Does Shaft still has it in it to do this movie right?

kronopy - Sep 11, 2023

27 by Playcool »»
Nov 8, 2023 2:41 PM

» "Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie -Walpurgisnacht Rising-" (sequel to Rebellion) trailer version 1.1

deg - Oct 29, 2023

6 by Draculoid »»
Nov 7, 2023 7:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.