Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 9 Discussion

Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2021 5:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That is one nasty red snake...

Well, this episode was a strange one but it's about time Lloyd and the others faced more tougher boss-like monsters in the show. Still, much of this anime is still aimed at humor even with such a threat. Go figure.
Mar 1, 2021 6:19 AM

Feb 2018
the appearance of a red snake? So Loyd has met him before but where, and who are you?
Mar 1, 2021 6:46 AM
Jul 2018
this was interesting, lloyd's brother seems kinda suspicious tbh. that dungeon thing was quite nice, the stuff with the belt's origin and that random evil dude was pretty nice.
Mar 1, 2021 6:57 AM

Jun 2019
That snake was quite friendly. That was an interesting introduction to an evil character, Sou.
Mar 1, 2021 6:59 AM

Nov 2019
The first few seconds of Lloyd slicing and dodging those wooden roots looked pretty well-animated. Even made me a little hyped.

Aside from that, a usual entertaining and funny episode as always.
Mar 1, 2021 6:59 AM

Jul 2017
Now we all know what Lloyd's "brother" has been doing in the sidelines, along with this evil-sounding priest Sou.

For a show that has LasDan in its title name, to get the dungeon action with a huge red snake, I'd guess it's about time we explored what the dungeon lurks of monsters of different levels, whilst delivering the usual unfunny-but-comical comedy.

Didnt know the King was a rocker...OK HAHA for a joke. Trying to mimic Jujutsu Kaisen's Principal Gakuganji?

Even in the dungeon, the girls' rival argument over Lloyd sure doesn't stop...even with the enslaved Micona tied to a treant...for Marie's tentacle play? for Lloyd's love and affection instead. That's a challenge well enough...and turns out the giant snake is a guardian of Kunlun (more specifically another victim of the loli grandma Alka).

With this sequence of events, it's clear of a build-up setup for the finale. A turnaround, or so I'd hope.
Mar 1, 2021 7:02 AM

Apr 2014
People in this series are really crazy in love. lol

An enjoyable and funny episode as always. The story getting more serious when Sou appears and Shoma still very sus.
Selen's belt was made from that red snake scale. So, she got more relation to Conron village and her beloved Lloyd.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 1, 2021 7:04 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, Riho got bullied because she couldn't speak the truth about her feeling. Marie way of thinking needed to be purified asap! Mikona went crazy as she swallowed the two power of the demon lords. But, Lloyd just too op to be defeated by her alone. Ofc Poor Mikona just begone and sky rocketed out of nowhere after that unfair battle. Lol. The giant snake was actually Kunlun's guardian beast which supposed to be the origin beast of that Selen's cursed belt. The cursed belt now can speak! Interesting that even if Alka got weakened after that supposed to be a hero erasing Viritora, that loli baba still op af. Alan got a good title and a lot of praise, sasuga an exemplary soldier!

The last thing to do, Alka may bring all of them to the last dungeon, Kunlun village! Can't wait for the next episode ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 1, 2021 7:07 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty interesting episode.

Fight sequences were good and it's always nice to hear a protagonist speech. xD

Who is Sou exactly and why is Lloyd's 'brother' working with him and turning people to monsters? Why does Sou want to destroy the seal to Kunlun, what's in the last dungeon?

It's a shame that Vritra got taken out so easily, even if he escaped into the belt. I like his personality and the fact that he's a victim of the chief too is funny, not to mention his huge snake form was pretty cool. I didn't instantly place Vritra as the person the belt was made from, but I was sure I'd heard his name in the series before but once he spoke from the belt I remembered instantly.
Mar 1, 2021 7:25 AM

Jul 2020
Lloyd going all-out was nice to watch. I'n unsure whether his 'brother' is actually evil or just bored so wants Lloyd to become stronger at this point lol. Seems like Alka is derpy with everyone!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Mar 1, 2021 7:32 AM

Oct 2017
Lloyd's fight was pretty good and I liked the comedy. Also we got more information on Kunlun, Alka and etc. More importantly we are finally gonna see the village of Kunlun in next episode it seems. Hyped for it.
Mar 1, 2021 7:32 AM

Feb 2019
Probably the best episode I’ve seen so far of the show, the Lloyd and Micona fight was really well done. For this type of show, the animation and sound design were great. The giant snake now being the belt is hilarious lol and I’m looking forward to how that turns out.

The old man is probably going to be the big bad of the final few episodes. This should be fun.
Mar 1, 2021 7:43 AM

Apr 2020

That spoiler tab was my original comment, saying that I am dropping this show. Yes I dropped this show, but then I decided to come back one day later.

Now that was a mistake, and atleast a temporary one. So since I was bored, I decided to come back for this episode and this series. I put this as a DROP for one day, and decided to go back. At least there was something going on to make me stick again. Looks like Sou and Shouma are trying to ruin and destroy the last dungeon, which is the Conron Village. Once again, Lloyd had an impressive fight scene, this time with Mikona who loves Marie and envies our MC. You know how that ended.

Also the dragon possesses Selen's belt now. Which means Alka will bring her to the Conron Village with the others, that should be fun. A decent episode, I should say. I guess I'm gonna watch this to the end, huh. Well hope my decision to go back to this show is worth it.
raiderublazeMar 2, 2021 9:37 AM
Mar 1, 2021 7:43 AM
Dec 2020
The first fight scene that lasts long with Lloyd...

Best episode so far and funny at the same time..lol.

Kinda want to see Marie-chan in a tentacle play😭
Mar 1, 2021 8:11 AM
Apr 2020
Good to finally see some action which lasted longer than few seconds like the previous episodes.

The snake was behaving so cute lol, and the skin to apron to cursed belt bit was hilarious.

I was pretty shocked when the snake 'died', I wonder if the end part of the season be slightly darker due to Sou.
Mar 1, 2021 8:39 AM

Apr 2020
Lmaooo the legend of Allan the Dragon Slayer has been born. Finally our best boy can be great
Mar 1, 2021 9:44 AM

Mar 2020
Vritra is one funny snake. Although he acts composed most of the time. He loses his cool sometimes. I find it hilarious when that happens.
Mar 1, 2021 10:17 AM

Jul 2011
Micono growing wings creeped me out.
By ecchi anime logic isn't wrong assume that someone will appear when a tentacle play is happening.
Alka like to live dangerously,you know your power depends of the existence of your Familiar, and let it run around the world.
Am I reading too into the info give in this episode,but Lloyd may be normal human adopted by Alka because of his Hero potential. So he is that strong because he is the Hero.
Mar 1, 2021 10:30 AM

Sep 2019
Alka made that belt from the dragon's scale lmao. Animation was really good.
Mar 1, 2021 10:38 AM

Aug 2013
Lloyd's fight was pretty cool.

So the snake is another victim of Alka. Who isn't at this point. XD

Mar 1, 2021 11:07 AM

Jul 2014
Is it just me or is that Micona girl a little too crazy? xD. You would think she feels jealousy and sadness and yeah but she also goes straight for the kill lol.

Phyllo is now part of the group, yay! Miku, Shimamura, Kokoro, Phyllo... Man, I love Miku Itou's voice so much <3.

Holy crap the animation in the fight! What happened, why the sudden spike in animation? Anyhow, that was awesome, much appreciated from me. And of course, very fitting that now that Micona is an insect girl, Lloyd would blow her away like those giant grasshoppers lmao.

It took me by surprise that the snake was friendly and they really got me with its supposed dead haha. Now it's a talking belt, nice to finally know it's origin. That said, poor guy, it looks like Marie is not Alka's only victim.

So this Sou guy is the hero Lloyd admires? I wonder what went wrong to make him turn out that way. And it's interesting that he appears in a different way depending on the person.

Last but not least... Marie letting her fujoshi mind run wild with Lloyd lmao. Another hiarious episode.
Mar 1, 2021 11:52 AM
Nov 2017
Shits getting Interesting, I like this.
Mar 1, 2021 12:19 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lloyd vs Micona was pretty to be honest, and especially nice that we're getting more information for the overall plot, that Sou guy seems really weird, same for Lloyd's brother, I really wonder why he's doing that, and for the snake thing it was pretty fun when you see that he's the origin of Selen's belt xD now it seems like they're going to Kunlun, probably to end the show with a final fight against Sou and possibly Lloyd's brother
Mar 1, 2021 2:43 PM
Feb 2021
Finally, we have some serious battles going on. I hope we will see more of those in the upcoming episodes. I like how they do the funny parts here and there, I laugh sincerely not just chuckle. 👏
Mar 1, 2021 7:10 PM

Nov 2011
Thought this was the best episode yet! That Action sequence between Lloyd and Micona was very well done.

Jesus Micona calm tf down.

I was crying when Marie was envisioning Lloyd with a Brawny dude LOL.

Damn man I wish we would have got Riho's answer on how she feels about Lloyd, maybe at the end of the show.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 1, 2021 10:46 PM

Apr 2009
So who the eff is Sou? Hmmm...let's do a Star Wars meme; "Llyod, I am your father!" LOL Oh well...

So we're going back to Kunlun now?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 2, 2021 7:54 AM

Oct 2016
Yo, that was an awesome episode. Micona a bitch but her interaction with Marie this episode was pretty hilarious lmao. And he also got her ass beat by Lloyd. That fight was pretty fucking epic though like goddamn. Definitely my favorite episode so far, there's plot progression while still retaining the shows charms.

Justice for Vritra, got Alka abused then got fucked by Sou. At least Alka's abuse saved him somehow lmao. Looks like we going to Kunlun next episode, looking forward to it.
Mar 2, 2021 11:50 AM

Mar 2013
Looks like Micona's blasting off again
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Mar 2, 2021 11:51 AM

Apr 2018
Damn I knew Sou was up to no good. Its funny how the Red Snake was not the bad guy after all, just the guardian of Kunlun.
Mar 2, 2021 11:58 AM

Mar 2013
RiceKnight59 said:
Lmaooo the legend of Allan the Dragon Slayer has been born. Finally our best boy can be great

Allan is the King to Lloyd's Saitama.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Mar 2, 2021 12:24 PM
May 2020
Micono thrown to the vacuum of space never to be talked about again lol
Mar 2, 2021 1:06 PM

Feb 2007
Never have I seen a full LN volume compressed to one episode this badly...

I guess it's unknown territory from now on, next volume will be out in English only later this month, it seems.

SkyLETV said:
Is it just me or is that Micona girl a little too crazy? xD. You would think she feels jealousy and sadness and yeah but she also goes straight for the kill lol.

Well, she's basically the lesbian version of Selen. No real difference between the two.
luinthoronMar 2, 2021 1:13 PM
Mar 3, 2021 4:46 PM

Oct 2008
This might be the most intense episode because we have lots of strong characters that was introduced! Sou, Vritra, Shishou & Miss Micona.
5/5.

Mar 4, 2021 12:33 AM

Jun 2015
I think thats fhe first time Ive seen our boy get properly injured in a fight. And quite a twist of fate the scales of the guardian snake spirit thing protecting the last city was used to make the belt princesses, well belt! Perhaps those two do need shipped after all :P
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 7, 2021 11:24 AM

Nov 2014
Now I'm actually interested in plot :o I don't expect some huge twists, but that Sou guy is somewhat interestign villain (or just antagonist?).
Mar 8, 2021 7:46 PM
Mar 2015
Well that was really stupid The loli grandma strikes again Making an apron and a belt out of her power the guardian snake
Apr 6, 2021 4:04 PM
Oct 2019
haha the whole snake backstory

also, micona and shoma are assholes. period. weak. assholes. shou is apparently just evil for the sake of being bad, so i understand him being the way he is (at least on a superficial level)

alka is immortal? (from the previous episode, i believe). intersting. i'm glad there's more to this show than lloyd being op

edit: also, micona looks like some garbage chimera ant trash (for the record, the HxH chimera ant arc is one of the worst arcs in all of anime history)
HagePotPotatoApr 7, 2021 10:00 AM
May 17, 2021 5:43 AM

Jul 2015
I feel bad for Vritra as a victim of Alka being just awakened from his slumber and losing his snake form and getting stuck in the 'apron' form.

Jan 22, 2023 3:13 AM
Jun 2017
For me good relaks after work.
May 13, 2023 7:54 AM

Dec 2022
No one stole anyone from anyone. She's too much of a coward to tell Marie how she feels. But I believe she knows what her answer would be. Miss Marie doesn't swing that way like her. I'm more interested in that Sou dude than anything. He seems like he could put up a good fight. The fight we just saw was alright, but it was clear who had the advantage.
Oct 3, 2023 1:31 PM
Dec 2019
This anime continues to amuse me with every episode. Very pleasant to watch in terms of humor.

More topics from this board

» Better w/o MC

Hiroko_Takashiro - Aug 18, 2023

8 by Piromysl »»
Apr 20, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Syureria - Jan 18, 2021

71 by Mcspegotie »»
Mar 9, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2021

52 by Sayan_Pal »»
Feb 16, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2021

145 by BrycedOut »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2021

54 by hexashadow13 »»
May 24, 2023 9:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.