Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 19, 2021 9:55 AM

Jan 2021
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
dang, this chapter was good. so we get more of their backstory. at the end, they all said they were at fault, so everyone should bear the responsibility. nice how the family is sort of coming together again.
Feb 19, 2021 9:59 AM
Jan 2021
What a chapter. Chapter 292-296 were kinda meh but these last 6 chapters have pushed the PLF arc from a 7 to a solid 8. I'm predicting Torino is gonna die in the next 2 chapters since deku is most likely going to be waking up. This is another Nighteye situation but Deku wasn't in a comma the other time.
Feb 19, 2021 10:24 AM

Aug 2020
I have no words, I’m just disappointed in rei, instead of trying to help her broken child, she wanted them to fight him and even kill him.
Feb 19, 2021 10:28 AM
Jan 2021
dabisbasement said:
I have no words, I’m just disappointed in rei, instead of trying to help her broken child, she wanted them to fight him and even kill him.
The whole family is flawed.
Feb 19, 2021 10:30 AM

Aug 2020
PUSSYMANPENIS said:
dabisbasement said:
they need therapy lmfao😭🤡
Feb 19, 2021 11:04 AM
Jan 2020
dabisbasement said:
what you want them to sit down with dabi and have a chat with him????????
Feb 19, 2021 11:10 AM

Aug 2020
LivingRogue5 said:
dabisbasement said:
they can literally fight while talking and then someone jumps in and stops the fight, instead of trying to kill eachother??? anyways idk I just want the todoroki family to have a happy end, I’ve seen some villains turn into heroes like gaara, I just don’t want any of them to die, if the author kills dabi or shoto, I’m ready to drop the manga
Feb 19, 2021 11:14 AM

Aug 2020
LivingRogue5 said:
dabisbasement said:
and tell me, how is it possible for a mother to watch her kids dying without feeling any empathy? Like bro I-
Feb 19, 2021 12:02 PM
Jan 2020
dabisbasement said:
LivingRogue5 said:
they can literally fight while talking and then someone jumps in and stops the fight, instead of trying to kill eachother??? anyways idk I just want the todoroki family to have a happy end, I’ve seen some villains turn into heroes like gaara, I just don’t want any of them to die, if the author kills dabi or shoto, I’m ready to drop the manga
i dont have the patience to explain why thats not a good way to end this , i hope you look back in the future
Feb 19, 2021 12:03 PM

Aug 2020
LivingRogue5 said:
dabisbasement said:
i dont have the patience to explain why thats not a good way to end this , i hope you look back in the future
it doesn’t have to end that way but Atleast a happy end instead of killing one of them??
Feb 19, 2021 12:11 PM

Oct 2017
The entire family vs Dabi/Touya huh, it'd be great if he dies by their hands.
Feb 19, 2021 12:12 PM
Jan 2020
dabisbasement said:
LivingRogue5 said:
and tell me, how is it possible for a mother to watch her kids dying without feeling any empathy? Like bro I-

if you are referring to dabi as her kid he is not , he is a monster creater by their shit parenting and they acknowledge their MASSIVE fuck up the entire chapter , on how they basically killed toya and gave birth to who dabi is . now its their responsibility to stop him as a family thats what the final panels are showing . "stop" him can mean killing him or detaining him. and idk where you got the part of her having no empathy . it is their duty to stop dabi because they were the ones to give rise to him and she never said anything about "killing" him , i dont think talking to him is an option anymore , its only to fight and stop him.
LivingRogue5Feb 19, 2021 12:16 PM
Feb 19, 2021 12:14 PM
Jan 2020
dabisbasement said:
LivingRogue5 said:
it doesn’t have to end that way but Atleast a happy end instead of killing one of them??
i understand you want a happy ending , but i dont think there is any going back with dabi .
Feb 19, 2021 12:16 PM

Aug 2020
LivingRogue5 said:
dabisbasement said:

if you are referring to dabi as her kid he is not , he is a monster creater by their shit parenting and they acknowledge their MASSIVE fuck up the entire chapter , on how they basically killed toya and gave birth to who dabi is . now its their responsibility to stop him as a family thats literally the point of the final panels . "stop" him can mean killing him or detaining him. and idk where you got the part of her having no empathy . it is their duty to stop dabi because they were the ones to give rise to him and she never said anything about "killing" him , i dont think you understand that talking to him is not an option , its only to fight and stop him.
yeah you got a point I understand what you say, it’d be better to stop him but not KILL him but we can’t do anything about it we gotta see what gonna happen next
Feb 19, 2021 12:21 PM

Aug 2020
LivingRogue5 said:
dabisbasement said:
i understand you want a happy ending , but i dont think there is any going back with dabi .
idk man I saw so many positive theories but I’m too lazy to explain everything
Feb 19, 2021 12:25 PM
Jan 2020
dabisbasement said:
LivingRogue5 said:
idk man I saw so many positive theories but I’m too lazy to explain everything
mha is pretty light hearted so a happy ending isnt really that out of the blue
Feb 19, 2021 12:36 PM

Jan 2008
dabisbasement said:
LivingRogue5 said:

Very possible. Not every mother is capable of winning "Mother of the Year". Some are just very career focused and could care less if their child died. Or, they see the child as a burden and with the child gone, feel the release of the shackles and get to go out and party or do whatever they want. Some parents suck.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Feb 19, 2021 12:39 PM

Aug 2020
kevin_video said:
dabisbasement said:

Very possible. Not every mother is capable of winning "Mother of the Year". Some are just very career focused and could care less if their child died. Or, they see the child as a burden and with the child gone, feel the release of the shackles and get to go out and party or do whatever they want. Some parents suck.
I’ve seen some mothers like that tbh, sad truth, but I wouldn’t call these women ‘mothers’ tbh they don’t even deserve to be mothers
Feb 19, 2021 12:42 PM

Jan 2008
[quote=dabisbasement message=62062464]
kevin_video said:
I’ve seen some mothers like that tbh, sad truth, but I wouldn’t call these women ‘mothers’ tbh they don’t even deserve to be mothers

No argument here. I too have unfortunately seen more examples than I would like to admit. Child & Family Services exists for a reason. Some awful, awful people out there that shouldn't have been allowed to have kids.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Feb 19, 2021 2:07 PM

Sep 2013
The weirdest part about this in my opinion, they've been telling the kid that there's more to life than aiming to be a hero since he was 4 years old.

I know kids take a lot from their parents, but he gained a life long obsession with becoming a hero that he can't understand anything else at 4 years old? At that age he'd barely be able to hold a conversation.
Feb 19, 2021 3:49 PM

Jun 2017
PUSSYMANPENIS said:
dabisbasement said:

I legit lol'd. Just when you would think the wife is probably normal it turns out she is missing a few gears too. lmao
Feb 19, 2021 5:04 PM

Sep 2013
In the last chapter, Page 6, he's being told that they won't be doing quirk training. Page 10 is when Natsuo was born. And in this chapter on page 2, we see that Natsuo is 5 years younger than Touya, which means Touya would have been 4 or 5 when they decided his quirk was too harmful to be a hero, and they stopped.

You can even see that his hair was still red when he was told to stop using his quirk, and his hair was half white when Natsuo was born.

Touya was told his quirk was too harmful, then Natsuo was born. 3 years after Natsuo was born, Shoto was born. We see this chapter than Touya was 13 and Shoto was 5, which is an 8 year gap.
So that means they had already been trying to get Touya to stop using his quirk at the age of 5.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
CravenlockFeb 20, 2021 7:30 AM
Feb 19, 2021 6:57 PM

Mar 2015
endeavor told touya to stop after know his quirck will burn him way before shoto even born. however he never know how to tell children not to, so instead distance himself to not give touya encouragement. sadly it ended touya thinking endeavor disappointed at him and rei thinking endeavor running away (which is true to some degree, but you can see endeavor concern when touya keep training in secret). endeavor just want touya to find new dream that isn't harmful to him.

anyway, it's clusterfuck, and neither all character act innocent, and it's already too late to fix. but it's clear touya also at fault here.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
CravenlockFeb 20, 2021 7:29 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 19, 2021 9:05 PM

Dec 2016
The writing and characters development in this chapter is something else my Horikoshi Just WOW,
Shoto brought the family together and "he becoming their very own Hero"

Its better than 301
Next I hope we get to see Shoto's arc after this development he deserves it
Feb 19, 2021 11:59 PM

Jan 2009
well its decided Endeavor and Shoto will have to fight Dabi/Toya
Feb 20, 2021 3:47 AM

Mar 2020
This was a great chapter not only Dabi but the whole Todoroki family is at fault. Yes Enji,Rei are the most to be blamed I cant blame little Fuyumi, Natsuo or Shoto since they didn't knew what to do but I am happy that the Todoroki family is taking the blame and. To stop Dabi, not sure if they will kill him or something but it better be good. 5/5 chapter.
Feb 20, 2021 5:41 AM
May 2016
So who said anything about killing dabi?

Anyway, i still think it would end by Dabi saving any of his sibling(most probably Shouto)from a villian and die in that act.
Feb 20, 2021 11:11 AM

Nov 2018
finally something good in this series. I've always liked the concept of bad parenting.

parents are not born 'parents', they only learn parenting through wisdom from elders, but in the end, they have no real experience to handle & raise children. sometimes children expect too much from their parents, demand them to understand and do everything right, but forgot that 'parent' also a mere human being that could make mistakes..
Feb 20, 2021 4:27 PM

Oct 2020
I was a little bit worried last chapter of Horikoshi doing a retcon of the Todoroki family's backstory but this chapter proved I have nothing to worry about. Another great BNHA chapter for sure! Hopefully this will lead to even greater development for Shoto. Been a while since we've got major focus on him.

iam_dswFeb 20, 2021 4:41 PM
Dred aka Dredly aka Kami-Sama
Feb 20, 2021 10:27 PM

Dec 2016
-dred said:
I was a little bit worried last chapter of Horikoshi doing a retcon of the Todoroki family's backstory but this chapter proved I have nothing to worry about. Another great BNHA chapter for sure! Hopefully this will lead to even greater development for Shoto. Been a while since we've got major focus on him.

I think Hori is already begin setting up something big for Shoto , he deserves it he a very good character🌹
Feb 21, 2021 3:02 AM
Sep 2018
This chapter fixed all "inconsistencies with previous Todoroki backstory" that people were ranting about after last chapter.
Great chapter
Feb 21, 2021 3:06 AM
Sep 2018
dabisbasement said:
LivingRogue5 said:

Touya is dead. Dabi is not Touya. In a physical sense obviously Touya became Dabi, but especially shown with Rei saying "we must fight Dabi" instesd of "we must fight Touya", its heavily emphasized that they're acknowledging that their son is dead. Dabi is just a monster that was created through the death of Touya, something the Todoroki family gave birth to. Its their duty to fight him
Feb 21, 2021 5:51 AM
Feb 2021
LivingRogue5 said:
dabisbasement said:

Well... mabye? nah just kidding, but sitll its fucked up, like mabye psychiatric hel or smth. Idk what really fucked me over is how they all take the blame, I can kinda see Rei, but man Natsuo and Fuyumi were just kids in an abusive houshold, what were they supposoed to do?! Be the grown-ups.
Oh, and when they present Shouto as the saviour and only hope, it's just the same thing that ushed Dabi off the edge before. Why does this family push their responsability and hope to the kids?!

Sorry mabye I'm not exactly being objective here...
Feb 21, 2021 5:59 AM
Feb 2021
Ik ppl are mad abt the whole Endeavour's redemption thing, don't get me wrong I am too. Like I hate the motherfuker and really can't wait to see Dabi crush him. But there is this reflex in me when they, mostly Natsuo, ush him away that just says "he is trying don't you see you are hurting him". Still when characters say smth posiyive abt him, taht he ies trying to do better or don'r really care (like Hawkws) I just get furious.

I guess what im asking is, does anbody als have that reflex but hates it bc they still hate Endevour (with more than enough reason)?

Idk mabye its the Dabi kinnie in me but when ppl defend him I just get real mad and can't take them seariously
Feb 21, 2021 8:38 AM
Jul 2020
These developments with the Todoroki family have been great and I’ve wanted this for a very long time. I hope that after all this they can come together and be as normal of a family as possible, considering their circumstances.
Feb 21, 2021 8:42 AM

Aug 2016
I gotta be honest this flashback to what made a villain an actually villain is vastly superior to Shigi-emo's, I like it.
I get why he became Dabi, but I also think there is only so far you can blame your past for who you become.
Ultimately his actions are his own responsibility and I honestly think he is past saving, but you never know.
Also I don't really get the whole Endeavour redemption issue though.
This isn't about Endeavour redeeming himself, it's about him finally taking responsibility for his actions and dealing with the fallout of what he helped create.
I feel like this ties heavily into modern cancel culture.
People don't want others to own up to their past actions, learn from them and become better, they just want the pleasure of seeing them being punished.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Feb 21, 2021 8:48 AM

Jun 2013
Natsuo remaining the OG by staying true to the heart of the matter "You're the root cause.", followed by that whole "But maybe if I had punched you once and confronted you, you'd have backed up". I can respect that.

It was refreshing to see that little snippet of Fuyumi acknowledging that her trying to be a bridge between the family members was more of a pretense than anything else, that stance of hers had always rubbed me off the wrong way despite how sweet she is.

(I'll stay hopelessly hopeful that Dabi's end won't simply be dying and/or getting killed off. Get him locked up and get the Todorokis some therapy, it's time)
Feb 21, 2021 9:39 AM

Mar 2018
Alright I wasn't 100% sure if I loved the chapter with the early scans but now with the official I can safely say I adored it.

The Todoroki situation is complicated, incredibly so.

Endeavor is the root of it all, that should never be forgotten or brushed off that HE is by far the most guilty in this story. Sadly, every family member had a more or less small part into what eventually happened to Touya.

What happened to Touya was ultimately what led Endeavor to his absolute worst it seems.

This plotline is terrrifying because of how well it displays childhood trauma and how devastating bad parenting can end up being. Enji never physically abused Touya, he didn't directly harm him yet he ends up being the cause for his disappearance just because of how he behaved towards his son.

Now all we need to now is how Touya survived, at what point did he thought about abandonning the Todoroki's.
Feb 21, 2021 10:08 AM

Jun 2014
The Todoroki family has acknowledged the fact that they're ultimately the ones who are going to be responsible for stopping Dabi. I really enjoyed their family backstory and am excited to see how things play out for them going forward.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 21, 2021 11:03 AM

Aug 2013
Honestly a really good chapter. It was painful to see Dabi desperately hoping that he does not get discarded by his father.
Feb 21, 2021 11:25 AM
May 2018
the whole todoroki family needs some good therapy honestly but jokes aside this was a great chapter they finally decided to talk like a family and take responsibility for their shit parenting the best part is shouto's growth he went from someone full of hatred for his family(mostly his father) to forgiving his mather and talking with her again put this family again together and even "support" his father
Feb 21, 2021 2:49 PM
Dec 2016
Broskei_ said:
Ik ppl are mad abt the whole Endeavour's redemption thing, don't get me wrong I am too. Like I hate the motherfuker and really can't wait to see Dabi crush him. But there is this reflex in me when they, mostly Natsuo, ush him away that just says "he is trying don't you see you are hurting him". Still when characters say smth posiyive abt him, taht he ies trying to do better or don'r really care (like Hawkws) I just get furious.

I guess what im asking is, does anbody als have that reflex but hates it bc they still hate Endevour (with more than enough reason)?

Idk mabye its the Dabi kinnie in me but when ppl defend him I just get real mad and can't take them seariously

Wow. Dabi is a self admitted multi mass murderer whose killed more than 30 people and would destroy the entire country of japan just to satisfy his own twisted desire to hurt his dad. How you can sit here and say you want him to win is mind boggling
Feb 21, 2021 4:23 PM

Mar 2017
Oh man - this chapter both broke my heart and then fixed it. The more we learn about the WHOLE of the Todoroki’s past the more everything makes sense. The creation of ‘Dabi’ wasn't anyone’s fault, despite the fact that each of them let the other down in some way.
Feb 21, 2021 4:33 PM

Dec 2013
Todoroki family really was a messed up family. Endeavour still feels like the biggest contribution to Dabi but it does feel like everyone could've done a lot more. They all ran away from their issues in their own way
Feb 21, 2021 7:11 PM

Jul 2013
The timeline though, the fact that Endeavor ended quirk training with Touya at age 5 yet Touya held on 7 years later in the flashback, culminating to his "death".. Ehhhh, Touya had a real obsessive complex (?). So, he really did inherit that stubbornness from Endeavor, huh.

Urgh, I felt so bad for past!Rei. She was verbally humiliated by her own son Touya and then blamed for Touya's actions by Endeavor. Jeez.

Lmao if this was Naruto, the Todoroki family could talk no jutsu Dabi into forgiving Endeavor and stop being a villain. Talking or fighting, either way Dabi needs to be dealt with.
Feb 21, 2021 7:38 PM
May 2018
queenhinata said:
Lmao if this was Naruto, the Todoroki family could talk no jutsu Dabi into forgiving Endeavor and stop being a villain. Talking or fighting, either way Dabi needs to be dealt with.

Don't call for it man, don't do it, it wouldn't be the first time that this series has a Naruto influence.
Feb 22, 2021 12:35 AM
Mar 2015
Family kicks Endeavor's ass It is his responsibility to bring back Daibi
Feb 22, 2021 5:52 AM

Oct 2016
Man what a fantastic fucking chapter. Horikoshi did this Todoroki family drama so well, I like how every single one of them is flawed and was part of the problem too, except for Shoto and Fuyumi of course, he's the victim in all of the things that happened and now he's the one trying to dig this family back up from the grave. But, wait since it's Deku that saved Shoto which in turn made Shoto save his fam that means Deku saved the Todoroki family, let's fucking go therapist Deku lmao.

I think it would be shit writing if Dabi was still redeemed at this point, he's too far fucking gone. So, I look forward to the eventual Todoroki family vs Dabi and see what will happen.
Feb 22, 2021 4:23 PM
Jan 2021
This may be a bit controversial but I do believe that all the members in the Todoroki family, aside from Shoto, has contributed to making Touya into Dabi
Feb 22, 2021 5:17 PM
Feb 2021
Nobody5464 said:
Broskei_ said:

Wow. Dabi is a self admitted multi mass murderer whose killed more than 30 people and would destroy the entire country of japan just to satisfy his own twisted desire to hurt his dad. How you can sit here and say you want him to win is mind boggling

yeah that definitely doesn't sound good... but just him killing Endeavor and dying in the process...mabye, just- just think abt it bb. The sweet revenge and Katharsis
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

16 by IzanaSolos »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 419 Discussion ( 1 2 )

thebrentinator24 - Apr 3

51 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.