Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nodame Cantabile
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 4, 2007 9:49 PM

Jan 2007
Good episode, though Brahms was shorter than I thought. I just loved how Nodame brainwashed Chiaki into going to Hokkaido and get her food. Nodame's Schubert was cool too. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jun 5, 2007 1:58 AM
Mar 2007
That was a lovely episode.

I figured we had a mindblowing Brahms coming though, that was indeed shorter than expected...
Jun 5, 2007 1:07 PM

Jan 2007
Good episode, but a little sad, too. Nodame seems depressed.

I'm confused about that last little frame at the end. Harisen wonders what Chiaki will do next and then there's a shot of him with his family? Not sure what to make of that. :/
Jun 6, 2007 12:36 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Superb episode. Nodame is a very, very nice friend to have. 5 more episodes left....DAMNIT! :(
Jun 6, 2007 7:20 PM
Apr 2007
hounddog said:

indeed...she essentially gave chiaki the ability to leave for europe anytime, and thus have her love leave her side in the process so it's understandable why she's so depressed...i find it ironic that a professional hypnotist couldn't cure chiaki's problems but a silly girl like nodame could...lol...

Xinil said:
Superb episode. Nodame is a very, very nice friend to have. 5 more episodes left....DAMNIT! :(

v_v i feel the same way...part of me wishes this series wouldn't end...that's when you know you have a 10/10 anime rating... :D

and like everyone else said, i felt the brahms piece was a little short but still very amazing...i'm also looking forward to the next few episodes...considering i've seen the live action drama, nodame fans will be pleased with the upcoming eps...it also seems that the anime will end just at or a little bit after where the live action drama ended...i might have to pick up the manga if i want to know what happens afterwards...
Jun 11, 2007 3:37 PM

Nov 2004
the_pillows said:
hounddog said:

indeed...she essentially gave chiaki the ability to leave for europe anytime, and thus have her love leave her side in the process so it's understandable why she's so depressed...i find it ironic that a professional hypnotist couldn't cure chiaki's problems but a silly girl like nodame could...lol...

Didn't he say something about him kinda "fighting" the hypnosis earlier, not letting it happen. and well, nodame is just <3 and a nice friend/"wife" =D
Jan 22, 2008 9:58 PM

Oct 2007
great episode. i loved how nodame hypnotized him.... and how she told him to get the crabs and such. she really does love him soo much and its adorable.

and can i say that thank god nodame is FINALLY getting more piano screentime. her lizst was just amazing and intense and so very indescribable i loved it. i'm really excited to see her perform in the concours.
Apr 17, 2008 12:10 AM

Feb 2008
hounddog said:

I'm confused about that last little frame at the end. Harisen wonders what Chiaki will do next and then there's a shot of him with his family? Not sure what to make of that. :/

That shot was a picture of Chiaki's family celebrating that he is able to fly now (or ride an airplane). Remember his cousin inviting him to go home already and celebrate in the house. That's the picture.

Well, I never thought that the piece that Nodame is superb will be from Lizst. I thought it would be Etude of Chopin, because that's the one in the live-action story. Hahaha!
May 12, 2008 5:58 PM

Feb 2008
the_pillows said:
hounddog said:

indeed...she essentially gave chiaki the ability to leave for europe anytime, and thus have her love leave her side in the process so it's understandable why she's so depressed

i think that the reason nodame is so charged up about this competition is probably because she wants to follow chiaki when he goes overseas
Jun 2, 2008 7:02 AM
Apr 2008
jacobpaige said:
i think that the reason nodame is so charged up about this competition is probably because she wants to follow chiaki when he goes overseas

Obviously.... :P Nodame's Liszt was great, even if her Schubert wasn't as good. Looking forward to seeing her perform that in the concours.

Nodame is so cute with the hypnotism thing.... the look on her face when she realised that Chiaki brought the crab... kawaii. I don't really want this to end, especially when the second series hasn't started in japan :'(

Sep 27, 2008 1:20 PM

Aug 2007
that was an horrible memory. but thanks of nodame chaki can fly again
Oct 6, 2008 7:34 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
amazingly good episode....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 22, 2008 3:03 PM

Mar 2008
ahh i crieddddddd soooo much when all was told about his past! so it all did link together.....:(
LOL at him at the airport and getting on the plane!!!! ahahahaaaaa~~
beginning to lik chiaki more and more and more...whilst 1st impression i wasnt so sure :D
hehe i love character devlopment~~
and the part where he realises his bubble has expanded extremely large now...beautiful
LOL at the crab request!!!!! awwwwww soooo cuteeeeee tho~~~~~~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2008 3:06 PM

Aug 2008
Awww Nodame is so cute and sweet... She really loves him so much! It touched my heart :D

Dec 27, 2008 5:33 AM
Jul 2018
Amazing how she successfully got Chiaki to actually ride a plane O_O
Aww.. so she's rly trying to catch up to Chiaki, but then she's giving him a chance to go?? Talk about selfless love ='3
Mar 8, 2009 10:47 PM

Jul 2008
Chiaki's unknown, unwavering determination to buy crabs and souvenirs. That was great.
Mar 9, 2009 4:57 AM

Jul 2008
I finished Nodame Cantabile a few weeks ago now but I have to come back here to express my love for this episode! The opening performance was amazing! Brahms wasn't as good as Rachmaninoff in episode 11, but it touched my heart once again, and when Nodame started crying I just wanted to cry along with her. I feel for her, she wants Chiaki to be able to follow his dream and travel abroad and she wants to be there with him, she deserves it! I'm so glad shes now determined and is motivated to play. The fact that she cured Chiaki of his fear of flying was so heartwarming as well, and the story of why Chiaki is scared of flying was actually a very sad one. I have to admit I teared up a bit. That poor old man... it really allows you to understand what Chiaki went through and you're able to sympathise with him so easily, which is actually what a lot of other series tend to fail at so often. A fantastic episode, and another reminder of why this anime is one of the best.
ToukaJun 17, 2009 3:31 PM
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Apr 20, 2009 8:12 AM

Jun 2008
woah!! that hypnotism really worked!! is that why she was crying at the end of that concerto??? everybody was clapping while she was crying... i was thinking that she was just so touched, maybe she decided that chiaki was too good to just stay in japan so he had to leave for europe so she decided it was goodbye and to hypnotize him.. maybe that's why she was crying in her seat at the end... hmmm.. anyway... at least the hypnotism worked.. plus she's got a lot of souvenirs... but i wonder what prompted her to join the competition? DONT TELL ME? she wants to win and go with chiaki to study abroad too?!?!?! hahaha.. :p
Jul 22, 2009 10:31 PM

Jan 2008
Nodame <333
Can't believe she fixed Chiaki's fears of flying. Crabs and sea urchins ftw!
Aug 31, 2009 8:54 AM

Jun 2009
They didn't save the best.. I mean the last was very short.

Wtf.."please buy lots of crabs for Nodame, okay?' haha

Haha the competition thing for Nodame..

Those crabs are really good.. I want some
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jan 1, 2010 9:07 PM
May 2008
Even when this series takes a serious turn, it still manages to do it wonderfully.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 14, 2010 8:14 AM
Jan 2010
Wow, she really did hypnotize him! Great ep, as always xD
Jun 13, 2010 8:21 PM

Dec 2009
This is kinda sad. Nodame does everything for Chiaki but he's oblivious to her affection.
Such junk...
Oct 25, 2010 6:15 AM

Jun 2009
Beautiful episode, I originally thought that Nodame had little more than a crush on Chiaki. But, these last few episodes have gone a long way to show me that her love is the real deal. The flashback was short, but heartbreaking. And the scene towards the end with Nodame smiling when she found out Chiaki has finally flown was great.

Damn good stuff.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 6, 2011 9:55 AM

Jun 2009
Awww, Nodame’s so sweet~ She really cares and loves Chiaki ♥ She used the hypnosis for the well-being of his future as a conductor… And now she’s motivated to play seriously because of the idea of going with him overseas. And the fact she didn’t forget to order him to buy souvenirs and crabs made me laugh really hard.

I teared up when I saw Chiaki’s experience at the fly… It must’ve been really traumatic to be there…
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Apr 26, 2011 6:36 PM
Jul 2018
RyanMortos said:
This is kinda sad. Nodame does everything for Chiaki but he's oblivious to her affection.
this

ive started to like chiaki less and less since the beginning. he hasnt warmed up to nodame in the slightest

series has also been too focused (IMO) on the musical aspect and not on character development and the romantic development

havent considered dropping it, but its gone from a 10/10 in my book to around 8/10 so far...
Jun 29, 2011 7:49 PM

Aug 2010
Awww Nodame helping Chiaki was so nice and then again making him buy her crabs and gifts was very funny :D

I was hoping for more Brahms (at least 3 more min..)

I just love music anime :P
Sep 25, 2011 6:25 PM

Nov 2010
the_pillows said:
...i find it ironic that a professional hypnotist couldn't cure chiaki's problems but a silly girl like nodame could...lol...
and like everyone else said, i felt the brahms piece was a little short but still very amazing...i'm also looking forward to the next few episodes...considering i've seen the live action drama, nodame fans will be pleased with the upcoming eps...it also seems that the anime will end just at or a little bit after where the live action drama ended...i might have to pick up the manga if i want to know what happens afterwards...

I think Nadame was able to hypnotize Chiaki because she is so silly and such. He knows that he is resistant to hypnotism and even if he want's it to work he still is familiar with it. But he doesn't know what to expect from Nodame and so he isn't pre-paired to resist her hypnotism. maybe. I might have to read the anime and watch the live action of this. i do not want something this beautiful to end. I don't know if I have ever had crabs but between this ep and Ouran High school Host Club think i will have to try them someday.
Oh and poor Chiaki, I would be tramatized to. On that note Nadame just earned some points in my book. I think it was a huge sacrifice for her to take away Chiaki's fear of flying. Bravo Nadame. That was hard but really shows how much you love Chiaki
BreathOfFire3Sep 25, 2011 6:29 PM
~ * my number is 3 * ~ _._ : l 'o' ( ; _-_ : ( T.T &: .~. : P >.<
Apr 10, 2012 5:13 PM

Nov 2011
superb episode as always.
Great development on both Chiaki and Nodame
Oct 22, 2012 11:05 PM

Sep 2011
Oh man, Nodame eating crab made me hungry.
May 1, 2013 3:26 PM

Apr 2013
Didn't know that Chiaki had such a tragic story that he cant board a plain.
At least he can now.
Cant wait to see Nodame's play.
May 16, 2013 12:01 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing episode this time.
Loved the hypnosis scene.
May 25, 2013 6:16 AM

Feb 2013
The brahms was good but too short :c Nodame is quite the hypnotist aswell xD lovely episode :)
~If only sorrow could build a staircase, our tears could show the way.
I would climb my way to heaven, and bring him back home again.~

Jun 18, 2013 1:29 PM

May 2012
Nodame sure is dangerous with brainwashing but well at least she did managed to get Chiaki over his fear of flight! Good job Nodame, the ending was really sweet and funny 'flying celebration!'
Jun 26, 2013 1:58 AM

May 2010
Can't believe Nodame's hypnotism worked..
She even made Chiaki buy crabs.. XD
"YES HE CAN FLY!" - Ahaha..
I liked where's this going.. But it would be a hard decision for Chiaki to leave the orchestra.
Jul 25, 2013 10:32 PM

Jan 2013
The exclamation of "Bravo!" from the critic Ohkawa, was spine tingling.

I believe that the hypnotism worked, not for the fact that he was focusing on an object, but it was Nodame's voice that made it work. Her voice has a calm effect to him whether he knows it or not.
He always seems calmer around her (When she's not aggravating him).

What an amazing episode full of character, overcoming tribulations, and hope!

Keep pursuing your dreams! ~ Wynn
My brother and I compose classical and modern music, please click the link below if you're interested.
http://thesearethetwins.wordpress.com/

Please check out my profile to see what anime I recommend.

Keep pursuing your dreams! ~ Wynn
Sep 2, 2013 12:29 PM

May 2010
Nodame is amazing, she recovered his fears! Chiaki is really kind but a complex person, his back-story was surprisngly sad.. Nodame is just so so great... I can't even explain it in words anymore. Chiaki you need to reconsider her, she really loves you... I love Nodame's hypnotism, she can make him do anything she wants with that watch xD I loved her Lizst as well, like Harisen said.
Oct 4, 2013 2:17 AM
Sep 2011
Loved it! shame the series 2 and specials are not in eng dub
Jan 22, 2014 6:16 PM

Aug 2013
I would have loved to hear more of his Brahms :(

It was an excellent episode though.

As I thought, Nodame that healed his fear of plane. The hypnotizing scene was cute :3

It's great to see that Nodame is finally motivated. She can do it, go go go!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 5, 2014 10:46 AM

Apr 2012
Nodame is the best girl ever!
Apr 17, 2014 8:29 AM

Aug 2013
The pros can't fix Chiaki's fear of flying but Nodame did it just like that and even manipulated him to buy her crabs and souvenirs haha. She's really amazing.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 20, 2014 2:17 AM

May 2013
Nodame is such a good person. She did it even though it may mean him leaving her side. Pure love.

Take the top Nodame.
Aug 4, 2014 5:53 AM

Apr 2013
Wow that was terrible. I expected they'd pull this from a few episodes earlier, but seriously, that's it? what a lazy way to solve the problem. Who cares about actual character development when you can have short-cuts like this? this isn't the first time this show solves serious problems with lazy and not so serious ways either (the poor girl in the first few episodes) and it doesn't work at all for me. How disappointing.

I appreciated Nodame's selflessness in this episode at least.
Sep 4, 2014 9:14 PM

Nov 2012
Awwww, chisaki on the plane was cute ^^
Sep 10, 2014 11:31 PM

Mar 2012
Now that Chiaki's fear of flying is gone I wonder if he's planning on leaving Japan anytime soon. Though that would mean leaving Nodame behind D:
Nov 13, 2014 11:51 AM

Oct 2014
Yay! Happy that Nodame's hypnotizing worked <3 Now Chiaki can flyyyy~
*I believe I can fly, I believe I can to--* sorry, getting carried away o3o

How sweet of him to bring the crab over to the papaer-fan-smacker's house! :3
Dec 1, 2014 10:25 PM

Jun 2009
nodame taking advantage of chiaki lol...
Mar 12, 2015 4:56 AM

Nov 2012
yay, chiaki can fly again! :D nodame made him buy crabs too haha.
Mar 18, 2015 5:18 AM

Jun 2013
Faust721 said:
Good episode, though Brahms was shorter than I thought. I just loved how Nodame brainwashed Chiaki into going to Hokkaido and get her food. Nodame's Schubert was cool too. Looking forward to the next episode.

LOL THIS.
May 19, 2015 11:42 AM

Jan 2014
TicklingThoughts said:
Faust721 said:

LOL THIS.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» from a classical musician's perspective...

sillylovesong - Mar 31

1 by Cestlavie_ »»
Mar 31, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - May 12, 2008

50 by aquasprite »»
Mar 15, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - May 12, 2008

55 by aquasprite »»
Mar 14, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 6 Discussion

Kimura - May 14, 2008

44 by P0tter »»
Sep 18, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 24, 2008

63 by cornonacob »»
Jul 28, 2023 1:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.