Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 25, 2020 8:52 AM

Dec 2018
such a good ending
i thought the op was weird but i somehow liked it and hardly ever skipped it. and granny is such a badass, i absolutely love her lol
the only thing i didn't like was BB ;3
Dec 25, 2020 9:27 PM

Sep 2019
That was really great, Joe did it.
Dec 25, 2020 9:57 PM

May 2020
Overall a very good show, my favourite original that aired this season.

Its ironic, I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. When I was browsing the seasonal list, this didn't catch my eye and coupled with the 6.67 score it had, I decided to skip it. A few months later, I decided to give it a watch and lo and behold, its better than the shows I did decide to watch.

Its a shame its production got sandwiched in between AoT S4 and JJK. I can only imagine how much better this show would've been if MAPPA decided to pour a little more effort into this. Regardless, I think it's a testament to MAPPA's quality that even a show that wasn't a priority ended up having decent animation.
Dec 26, 2020 1:11 PM

Jan 2017
Solid and well deserved 8/10 but now I want a prequel about the grandma! She knows how an undercover police car looks + NOS in her Golf 2 + Eurobeat drifting!

Also, that "JOTAROOOOOOOOOOO" scram got me ready hard! Part 6 anime when?
Dec 28, 2020 12:17 PM

Nov 2016
Not a masterpiece, but this anime ended on a pleasant note. Had really fun with it and it's colorful characters xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 28, 2020 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
episode was very good it was one of the best of the season.
Dec 28, 2020 2:53 PM

Feb 2020
I really enjoyed this anime. It was cute and fun to watch.

BUT

I really wanted to see Leo dance... i know this was about gymnastics but he was a main character too and i really wanted to see him perform.
Also, did Joe continue after his victory or did he retire at the peak of his career? The ending was kinda rushed.
Dec 29, 2020 3:16 AM

Mar 2009
Incredible finale for a criminally underrated show. Easily my AOTS.
Dec 31, 2020 6:08 PM

Dec 2016
Funny how you can get excited by watching fictional people doing "fictional" things.
I hope for season 2! Maybe for delayed olympics? ;)

From me easy 8/10 (+ on my non existing "favorite" list).
It could be 9/10 but animation quality wasn't on that level, like there was one sakuga moment during close up of Rei's face when she was talking to that kid (overall for me animation was jumping from 6 to 8/10).
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.86/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jan 5, 2021 10:47 PM
Jan 2021
This series is really good. I would love to see another season, since this one is set at 2002-2003.

And, is it just me mature Rei at the ending of the episode has some resemblance to Umaru. :D
Jan 6, 2021 5:48 PM

Aug 2019
I was giving this anime an 8, but that f**** FINAL SCENE! Dammit I'm giving it a 9 because of that reference!!!!
Jan 9, 2021 6:07 PM

Mar 2014
After intriguing two episodes some later ones weren't that interesting. Mainly becouse weird ninja guy annoyed me. But after his past was revealed and his whole character started making sense the anime became much better. And last two episodes are like masterpiece quality.
Jan 11, 2021 4:44 PM
Jul 2015
It's true that this show has some boring episodes but they sure nailed the last two episodes.
It was exciting watching Jotaro's quadruple and Leo at the end!. His short hair and eye make-up though ;p
Also, the agent onee-san!
Jan 15, 2021 12:31 AM

Apr 2015
loved this show, it was super underrated
Jan 16, 2021 11:19 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Joe finally did it! He overcame the move that put him into a rut, and then executed a move that shot him back up to the top. Proving to everyone that he can still do it.

As for Leo, they were able to convince him to stay where he belongs, despite his flaws.

Also Tetsuo ate crow like a bitch, which wa satisfying.

Overall, I really liked this one. The art was really attractive and clean, the animation was really nice during certain gymnastic sequences, and the ugly CGI was kept to a minimum. At first, the show felt kind of odd and disjointed, but it got into a rhythm by the 4th or 5th episode. Some parts were a little dull, but they weren't too frequent.

Aragaki felt a little bland at times, but I liked him a lot, and he didn't mope around like some protagonists do. He felt very mature, as he should for his age. Leo was a tad annoying, but gave some much needed comedic relief when he needed to. Rei became a more important character than I thought she would, she added a lot of heart to the show.

I'm stuck between a 7 and an 8, but I keep leaning more towards a 7. The last episode was satisfying and was wrapped up nicely, especially with the Leo time skip. Overall, I think this was a very good original production.

You could say it 'stuck' the landing.
Jan 24, 2021 6:16 AM

Jun 2019
Enjoyed this show much more than I initially thought. Really loved the final episode. Jotaro did it. He took the top spot and restored back his legacy as the Japanese Samurai.
And looks like Leo also got back his confidence.
Feb 5, 2021 7:40 PM
Jan 2020
Not a bad show, I’ll give it a 6/10. It was like many other animes which I have seen, except for the ending which was different. The character development was really well done. The overall motivation we can take from the show was good as well. Good sports anime. I wont say that this anime will stay very close to my heart.
Feb 19, 2021 6:13 PM

Aug 2017
Terrible anime. It went downhill after Leo's mystery was revealed. This character is so out of place here. Minamino was never properly developed, the ending is full of predictable events, Jotaro's injury was merely a problem and for some reason he won anyway. They told me the father-daughter relationship is better than Kakushigoto, they lied to me. It's worse. At least this anime was never popular in its own season. 3/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 28, 2021 1:52 AM

Jul 2015
I kinda wish this had more episodes to expand on some things for example the character Minamino. Even though this started with a lot of randomness which towards the end became a predictable story, this was a really enjoyable series on not giving up with some heartwarming moments (little Rei and Big Bird).

Mar 15, 2021 4:46 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Honestly didn't know what to expect, but I loved every moment of it. Technically, the story isn't exceptional or anything, but I loved the characters, their struggles, and all in all, it just felt like there was a lot of "heart" to the story. I get teary-eyed out of nowhere and start crying, such as in the last two episodes, and I don't exactly know why. But I feel genuinely happy for Joutarou, Rei, and Leo. Joutarou really pulled that last round with all the support that has been given to him.

Yes, I think I know why I love this so much, because everything about it feel absolutely sincere. Even though I kind of didn't like Leo's ninja stuff at the beginning, he grew on me very quickly. Rei was the most surprising character of all, the family relationship dynamic, Leo included, was fun and heartwarming.

Beautiful anime, short and sweet.

I haven't watched the movie where the reference came from, but glad people thought the reference was nice! I should probably watch it...
Jul 18, 2021 2:19 PM

May 2015
Solid 7/10 show. It dragged on in certain episodes but it stuck the landing at the end.
Sep 21, 2021 9:45 PM
Jul 2018
Despite the weak start and overall production value, but end up really enjoying the show and Mappa did certainly delivered another great original for the most part. The story I felt it was going great until the midway I became somewhat mixed feeling with it when they tried to focus Leo's character serious and backdropped others and the end drama went bit cheesy for me (well I lowkey was enjoying him as being annoying lol..) The matches were precise and enjoyable and some of the other drama or sol parts were fun and liked how they would came together.
Sep 30, 2021 8:46 AM
Jun 2021
this episode really got me omg, such an underrated show i got goosebumps through out the episodes. such an uplifting episode thank god i watch this
Feb 25, 2022 8:08 PM

Apr 2016
This was a surprisingly good episode but it highlighted that Leo was such a boring character that didn't need all that screentime and really didn't add anything to the story, no even his stupid big performance was showed so what was the point of his arc?
Grandma and BigBird deserved better screentime than Leo.
Rei was the best thing from this show and the only reason I would even give it something higher than the 4 it deserves because Jotarou leave a lot to be desired as the main character.
SafrichhFeb 25, 2022 8:14 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taisou Zamurai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2020

50 by KaramelxP »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:26 AM

Poll: » Taisou Zamurai Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2020

32 by Safrichh »»
Feb 22, 2022 7:18 PM

Poll: » Taisou Zamurai Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2020

28 by Safrichh »»
Feb 20, 2022 7:18 PM

Poll: » Taisou Zamurai Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2020

38 by Safrichh »»
Feb 16, 2022 7:05 PM

Poll: » Taisou Zamurai Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2020

30 by Safrichh »»
Feb 13, 2022 7:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.