Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 24, 2020 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, they really raisd the stakes with that challenge. A very bold challenge tbh.

It looks like this show is finally getting into a more serious mode. Joutarou probably still has a lot to work towards but at least he's not backing down. The training in the gym also has a degree of realism imo.
Oct 24, 2020 10:02 AM

Nov 2007
KajiKaji's character read the article about main guy not retiring, and got mad. He challenged him but one week later.

The coach showed him KajiKaji's character's performance, and thinking it's impossible to win, but believing he would say he will accept challenge. Others also happy about the duet. Even though KajiKaji's character has potential, he is unstable. Training inner muscle to lessen shoulder pain.

Ninja actor saw main guy's daughter getting bullied (for liking samurai), but not understand it as bully.

Special skill hurts shoulder so not letting him use that.

Main guy doing well, and made Ninja actor shiver. KajiKaji's character doing main guy's 3 turns. Ninja actor and coach asked that main guy to stay instead. To next competition.

Mysterious 3-person in black after ED?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 24, 2020 11:11 AM
Mar 2020
what's up that guy's butt? he should be happy to have a rival. and if he really believes jo isn't good enough then what does it matter to him...
Oct 24, 2020 11:31 AM

Nov 2016
That training montage was some serious 80's corniness haha, loved it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 24, 2020 11:32 AM
Sep 2015
I finally get to see shirtless Jotaro!!!

A little bit sad that acupuncture doctor Britney doesn't have any line this episode, I ship him with Jotaro.

Why Aragaki move is special? Besides he invented him and was his winning move, Aragaki is also his family name, hmmmmm

And seriously talking bird is not just mimicing human voice anymore, it's actually talking!!!!
Oct 24, 2020 11:33 AM
May 2020
Honestly im enjoying this anime a lot more then I thought I would! OP is a bop too
Oct 24, 2020 11:47 AM

Dec 2014
Good stuff, loved the training montage and the gymnastic performances at the end were very pleasing to watch. Has a nice air of elegance about it.
Oct 24, 2020 12:11 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Thats the power of Dogeza at its max could even persuaded that kid! But seriously, Jotaro plain reaction absolutely unexpected and surprising me. Unbeliavable samurai gymnast xD.

Well, ngl, its understandable, no way he could beat that prodigy kid, on his unstable condition. Surprising he could surpassed his burden and the nervous after too much absent, in a good terms. Yeah, he still had a chance to improved, and i believed the next competition would be lit!

Interesting to see a little glimpse of Jotaro's little daughter life there. It seemed she had a bully situations and respect much of her dad's job by not responding much of her bullier. Well, i am curious to see how Leo resolved the girl problem, and more importantly his own trouble that somehow ready to hit him in the near future. Another built up, and its still in a nice way. In the other side, BB always became my comedy material after such a serious tone at the entire duration. Yes, you were a bird, BB. So, you should shut the fuck up!

Thats it for me.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 24, 2020 12:48 PM

Sep 2019
It was a good episode, Joutaro trained hard but still couldn’t beat Tetsuo.

I can’t get enough of this opening, I really like “Shanghai Honey”. I’m glad they used it in a op.
Oct 24, 2020 1:13 PM

Jun 2014
Lmao that corny training montage xD

Joe lost this unofficial match against Minamino but hopefully he can improve enough to win at the actual tournament.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 24, 2020 2:43 PM
May 2015
Something tells me Tetsuo probably looked up to Aragaki at one point and is just being tsundere about his admiration for him, and also hates seeing slander against him. He also gives me a bit of Yuri Plisetsky vibes, the edge-lord child prodigy in an Olympic Sport with some form of a tragic past, but that's as far as comparisons go. I adopted them both, though.

tsubasalover said:
Mysterious 3-person in black after ED?

Aren't those the ones who were chasing after Leo? I hope he doesn't get deported next ep
Oct 24, 2020 2:54 PM

May 2015
I don't have enough facepalms for the last scene... why the fuck did they take that brat's request so seriously? Who the hell is he to dictate other people what to do. Duel or not, he has no right to demand such a lifechanging decision from someone he barely knows. The whole scene when they begged him to let Joe continue his career is so silly. Come on, guys, you are grown up dudes. You don't need permission from this random brat who isn't even connected to you in any way.
Oct 24, 2020 6:56 PM
Mar 2019
As someone who started and did gymnastics all four years of high school, this show is a dream come true. While it's been a couple of years since then, from what I remember most of the moves are rather accurate, a few small liberties here and there of course but not nearly as much as other sports anime. The CGI is a smart choice as I think it's better to show the complex moves in a fluid fashion. One thing I disliked was Testuo's attitude, back when I was competing, that sort of attitude is highly frowned upon. I assume more so in Japan, a country known for respect and politeness. Also, in competitions regardless of what club/school you were in, you'd root for whoever was competing.

All in all, great start to a concept I've been dreaming of for a while. Don't understand why it's at 6.73. The soundtrack is a banger too, characters are better than most within the sports genre, at least for me.

Also, that duel at the end reminded me of when I had to defend my spot at a meet from some of the other guys on the team, great times.
chicken521Oct 24, 2020 7:18 PM
Oct 24, 2020 7:16 PM

Jan 2020
chicken521 said:
As someone who started and did gymnastics all four years of high school, this show is a dream come true. While it's been a couple of years since then, from what I remember most of the moves are rather accurate, a few small liberties here and there of course but not nearly as much as other sports anime. The CGI is a smart choice as I think it's better to show the complex moves in a fluid fashion. One thing I disliked was Testuo's attitude, back when I was competing, that sort of attitude is highly frowned upon. I assume more so in Japan, a country known for respect and politeness. Also, in competitions regardless of what club/school you were in, you'd root for whoever was competing.

All in all, great start to a concept I've been dreaming of for a while. Don't understand why it's at 6.73. The soundtrack is a banger too, characters are better than most within the sports genre, at least for me.

Also, that duel at the end reminded me of when I had to defend my spot at a meet from some of the other guys on the team, great times.
Yeah, I'm surprised to see it this this low too. I thought for sure score would pick up after first episode but that hasn't been the case, I guess it'll be only when it completes airing
Oct 24, 2020 8:52 PM
Jun 2017
The soundtrack at the start is unbearable to listen. It make the audio sounds like is corrupted
Oct 24, 2020 10:19 PM

Oct 2017
The outcome was obvious but the duel was still enjoyable, I knew he'd do the aragaki too. Jotaro gotta give it his all if he wants to take down that kid.
Oct 24, 2020 11:42 PM

Apr 2019
Ten said:
I don't have enough facepalms for the last scene... why the fuck did they take that brat's request so seriously? Who the hell is he to dictate other people what to do. Duel or not, he has no right to demand such a lifechanging decision from someone he barely knows. The whole scene when they begged him to let Joe continue his career is so silly. Come on, guys, you are grown up dudes. You don't need permission from this random brat who isn't even connected to you in any way.
yeah it was cringe af. Like the practice duel is fine cause it helps you learn each other but its not like you have to listen to some 17 year old kid just because he said so.

Oct 25, 2020 2:15 AM
Nov 2019
Tetsuo is clearly better than Jotaro but it’s good that he’s using that as motivation rather than getting angry about it. I still don’t think he will be able to win at the next competition but I think it’s more about Jotaro improving rather than winning.

It was sweet how Leo apologised for him near the end. I hope we learn more about his character.

Oct 25, 2020 4:54 AM
Feb 2020
The op is a bop,but the ending is probably one of my favourites of the year
Shelby_cat said:
Honestly im enjoying this anime a lot more then I thought I would! OP is a bop too
Oct 25, 2020 5:26 AM

Apr 2012
Actually it annoys me to hell how bandana guy shows no respect towards Joe at all, despite the fact that he even used Joe's move during his performance. Like, dude, sit down. Joe represented Japan at the Olympics, won several medals during his career, and he's well know throughout the country as a succesfull sportsman. Learn some respect...
Oct 25, 2020 5:48 AM
Dec 2019
that was a cool ep, everything was so cool, i'm enjoying the hell out of this, hope it doesn't drop in quality.

i could totally hear Eren, Todoroki and Ayato in Minamino lol, but mostly Eren. but Minamino is annoying af, well i won't judge from just these scenes but dam, he really is annoying lol, and they took the request of a 17 yro too seriously
chitanda-0-Oct 25, 2020 5:51 AM
Oct 25, 2020 7:03 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode. It's good to see Joutarou training hard to get back in shape. Too bad he lost against that Minamino kid.
I'm looking forward to seeing Joutarou in an actual competition.

Oct 25, 2020 7:16 AM

Jul 2008
AaronYami said:
The op is a bop,but the ending is probably one of my favourites of the year
Shelby_cat said:

The ED is so good. Honestly ED of the entire season for me.

Tetsuo is a big jerk. I don't know why he cares so much about Joutarou, you think he'd be busy improving on himself than bringing someone else down.
Oct 25, 2020 7:41 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Competition for spring? hmm it's sure going to be a tense one, that black hair dude seems better than Jotaro but that's where it's interesting, I can't wait to see how Jotaro will train to beat him
Oct 25, 2020 7:43 AM

Jul 2017
The young athletic Minamino vs. the Gymnastic Samurai Joutarou. To be honest, Coach Tetsuo only cares about his recovery and wants him back onto the gymnastic scene ASAP in tip-top shape, even for such a "fierce" competition such as this.

The training montage is just so corny LOLs, but it was really well done with the insert song.

Getting down to serious business, Joutarou really is pushing his limits even with his signature Aragaki move, but Minamino's stances, more than beating Joutarou at the game, his behaviour is kinda overwhelming, like everyone should listen to a mere 17-year-old's words.

Hope things can go better from here.
Oct 25, 2020 2:46 PM
Oct 2018
As a new approach to the spokon formula from a rather mature way, and focusing on actual serious competitions, this anime is resulting quite good. Joutarou is very charismatic- not as much as Big Bird- and there is a clear progression through the chapters, so it's always satisfying to watch. Also, it's very funny. It may end up being the hidden gem of the season
Akkarin! Hai!
Oct 25, 2020 2:50 PM
Oct 2018
Ashhk said:
Competition for spring? hmm it's sure going to be a tense one, that black hair dude seems better than Jotaro but that's where it's interesting, I can't wait to see how Jotaro will train to beat him

I speculate that Jotaro won't really beat him at the end, it looks more like a 'we recognize each other, it was a good competition and Aragaki really proved himself as a great athlete, but it's time for new generations to come' kind of ending. But maybe in some minor tournament Jotaro can beat the emo guy, it would be nice to watch.
Akkarin! Hai!
Oct 25, 2020 5:15 PM
Dec 2016
Fantastic episode this is gonna be one of my favs this season (even if I love most sports anime XD)
I really liked that they showed both performances and it seems to be fairly accurate, some people seem to be botheres my thr cgi but I often only recognised it ater a second viewing.
The bandana Price is very rude but I think his resentment stems from disappointment.
I don't know much abouth gymnastique, learned most of it reading Moonland (fantastic manga btw).
In gymnastique most skills have the name of the athlete who was the first to perform it succesfully in a competition like the Kovacs . So the Aragaki a triple backwards Salto on the high bar is 100% named after our Protegonist. That Tetsuo practiced this move out of all of them shows his enormous respect for Joetaro, and no he didn't learn it out of spite perfecting moves of this difficulty level takes time and there has not been enough time between the pres conference and this competition for him to master it.

on an other note I love BB he always makes me laugh when he is an screen.
And I'm still intrguead abouth Leo's deal. Why are the MIB after him and why is he such an Joe fan.
Can't wait for further devlopmanet.

(p.s. please excuse any spelling mistakes I'm not confident in ma english)
Oct 25, 2020 8:18 PM

Sep 2019
This show finally got going, I like how they paced it with the training montage lmao. The bar routines were animated very well and the ost added a lot of hype. Even if the story isn’t all there yet at least we have a goal now, I’m definitely gonna follow this to the end. MAPPA has been going off recently and seeing the quality (especially the 3dcg) in this little side project gives me even more confidence in the final season of AoT.
Oct 25, 2020 9:12 PM

Feb 2020
Another good episode. I'm glad Joutaro didn't win the duel, it makes it more realistic and show that winning the competition won't be easy for the mc. I hope next episode we learn more about Leo the ninja, he seems like an interesting character and I'm curious about his backstory.

The only thing I don't like in the anime so far is the bird, makes me cringe everytime he comes on screen. Having a talking (actually talking not just reapeating sounds he heard) giant bird just seems really out of place to me, and doesn't fit very well with the rest of the show, even if the characters are very colorful.
Oct 25, 2020 10:20 PM
Apr 2020
Tetsuo and his superiority complex. He's indeed skillful, but he should act like that. Welp, at least Joe's fighting intuition is back, and people around him are suporting him. It's sad tho that Rei is being bullied.

Oct 26, 2020 12:12 AM

Oct 2016
A really good episode, I think that was my favorite episode so far.

It was very satisfying to see Jotaro doing the thing he loves again which is gymnastics. And he managed to lessen or completely remove the pain in his shoulders. I await for the day he can pull off the Aragaki again.

And looks like Leo's pursuers are catching up, fuck. Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 26, 2020 1:04 AM
Dec 2019
Am I the only one who finds Leo extremely cringy?
Oct 26, 2020 4:48 PM

Jul 2012
Ten said:

I'll have to agree with this. I could get that reaction from Leo because he's kinda cringy and over the top but Amakusa begging him was laughable.

I already dislike the cliché edgy brat, but I'm liking this anime so far.
Oct 26, 2020 10:58 PM

Dec 2016
Cheerful episode again.

Minamino kinda gives off that vibes, like he actually wants Joutaro to continue but expresses it in round about way XD

Most of you all don't like Bigbird but I this it's interesting (´▽`)

Next episode will most probably be Leo focused, can't wait to know about his backstory.
Oct 27, 2020 7:22 PM

Jul 2016
Man, thank god Joutarou is an adult and doesn't respond to Tetsuo's stupid claims but still, why taking the brat's request so seriously? Come on, as if MC, being a grown-ass man and a father, was going to retire just because a kid says so...

Overall, it was being a rather decent episode until the last scene with Leo and Amakusa begging a 17 yo to let Joutarou continue his career. So unnecessary and stupid, honestly.
SouthRzVaOct 27, 2020 7:27 PM
Oct 28, 2020 1:14 PM

Mar 2017
Now that's the gorgeous MAPPA animation I've been waiting for! The animation during Jotaro's routine was so stunning... but I'm disappointed that during Minamino's routine the animation kept switching between drawn & 3DCG.

The after-credit scene has just escalated my curiosity about Leo... who the hell is he?! I'm also really intrigued by Minamino's anger at Jotaro. I wonder where that rage comes from...
Oct 29, 2020 3:52 PM

Sep 2008
so ...no more Tai Chi?
Oct 29, 2020 8:21 PM

Oct 2008
another good episode!
Tetsuo telling Joutarou to quit is not really a good move because it will only make Joutarou more fired-up because it will be more competition!
Rei-chan so cute when cheering her dad!
5/5.

Oct 30, 2020 5:13 AM
Jul 2020
I have an obsession with the op. its so good wtf. I rewatch it atleast twice every episode :)
Oct 30, 2020 3:01 PM

Apr 2016
The episode was as much enjoyable as the previous two. I’m liking this one.
Oct 31, 2020 1:13 PM

Oct 2017
Did anyone notice Leo's reaction when Jo finished his performance?
It seemed strange to me, I don't know.
I feel like Leo is going to play a very important part in the story. It wouldn't be called Taisou Zamurai otherwise.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2020 1:15 PM

Mar 2009
It's been a good show so far.

Loved that Rocky training montage lol.
Nov 12, 2020 4:07 AM
Jul 2018
Oh yeah, here I am, hyping gymnastics. What a year.
Dec 25, 2020 6:43 AM

May 2020
Pretty great episode. Can't help feel that if MAPPA had just slowed down and limited how many shows they're doing, this could've been even better animated. The transition from 3D to 2D and back during the gymnastic scenes just doesn't work.

I really like this so far. Angsty shounen rival #123233 needs to calm down.
Jan 24, 2021 2:59 AM

Jun 2019
Great training montage. Also, looks like Jotaro's doing fine with his shoulder now. That duel was amazing. I'm just looking forward to them at the Spring Tournament.
Feb 5, 2021 7:34 PM
Jan 2020
The outcome of the match was obvious, fun to see everyone cheer for Joe. Coach is gonna be stricter than ever eh? Not gained any particular interest in the show yet.
Feb 18, 2021 10:41 AM

Aug 2017
Tetsuo is a brat, so annoying. I wonder what's going on with him.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 27, 2021 6:40 AM

Jul 2015
Leo is a true homie, sticking with Jotaro during his training and even using his secret 'ninja art: dogeza' to help him out.

Nov 30, 2021 9:17 PM

Apr 2016
The bandana kid was annoying, the episode was fine but with exception of the training montage and a bit of the "duel" the rest felt dull.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taisou Zamurai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

73 by Safrichh »»
Feb 25, 2022 8:08 PM

Poll: » Taisou Zamurai Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2020

32 by Safrichh »»
Feb 22, 2022 7:18 PM

Poll: » Taisou Zamurai Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2020

28 by Safrichh »»
Feb 20, 2022 7:18 PM

Poll: » Taisou Zamurai Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2020

38 by Safrichh »»
Feb 16, 2022 7:05 PM

Poll: » Taisou Zamurai Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2020

30 by Safrichh »»
Feb 13, 2022 7:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.