Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2008 11:25 AM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The whole gag with the cat telling Tutu he'll force her to marry him got old the first episode. Is he going to keep that up the whole show?

Annoying cat aside, this was another formulaic episode which overall is ok. There's still plenty of episodes so I'm waiting to see when they'll start to switch things up.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Apr 3, 2008 1:03 PM

Jul 2007
tainteddonut said:
The whole gag with the cat telling Tutu he'll force her to marry him got old the first episode. Is he going to keep that up the whole show?

Aug 2, 2008 9:02 PM
Jul 2018
only the voice of the neko-sensei is.. uhm... cool about him xD
that aside, are rue's feet hurting her when she dances on tiptoe???
Aug 13, 2008 1:13 PM

May 2008
Yeah, I'm getting tired of the cat teacher's little quirk as well.
And though it was kinda lame to begin with.

Also, I really don't get the motivation behind Rue and Fakir's actions.
For this episode has shown she is at least a little bit clueless as to what's going on.

At first I was like "Oh! Antagonists!" And now I'm like....huh?
Maybe she's just trying to make peace with Fakir by doing all this.
Or maybe she just wants a man-slave. Why would it be fun to have an emotionless manslave though?
I guess I just don't understand that mindset that likes control of someone.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jun 22, 2009 11:33 AM

Jun 2008
This episode had one of my favorite dances. I think Rue was cute in this episode. Rue x Ahiru forever~!
Sep 3, 2009 7:33 PM

Jul 2008
Poor guy keeps getting the depressing emotions back.

BEGINNER
Jan 23, 2010 6:31 PM

Oct 2009
adamantine said:
Poor guy keeps getting the depressing emotions back.
Yeah I know. I don't want to call them bad emotions, but anger, loneliness, sadness...those are not the ones I would want back first :P
Mar 8, 2010 3:41 AM

Feb 2008
Wetpantsu said:
are rue's feet hurting her when she dances on tiptoe???

like she said, she didn't practice the basics enough, its also why she was out of breadth when Ahiru wasn't. basically she practiced enough to impress people, but not enough to actually carry out a prolonged performance.
Dec 29, 2010 9:10 AM

Apr 2009
This time it was sadness. Damn, I don't know what Rue's role really is but I feel bad for Ahiru that Rue had seen with her own eyes that Princess Tutu is real! :(

I couldn't wait for the end credits to roll, I googled "Giselle's rosemary" right after Rue mentioned it when she saw it! LOL! Moving on to next episode.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 19, 2011 3:11 AM

Feb 2011
Story of Stories, indeed best describe this anime.

nice ep.
Jul 28, 2011 2:30 PM

Apr 2011
nice ep the question the author asked in the last of ep i asked from first is the depressing feeling would make mytho happy and is this the favor princess tutu make for him !!
anyway i love their spelling of tutu word :))

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Mar 22, 2012 2:52 PM

Aug 2010
He's going to turn emo
Jun 25, 2012 10:40 PM

Oct 2011
just give him a good emotion
Jul 3, 2012 12:44 PM

Jun 2009
I like the ideas so far, particularly the question "Is giving the Prince negative emotions going to make him happy" that the Author asked at the end of the episode. But, the series hasn't really engaged me as of yet. I see some upside though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 28, 2013 3:46 AM

Apr 2013
Homolust said:
He's going to turn emo.
lol, yes.

Ballet dance offs are the best!
Sep 1, 2013 9:20 PM

Dec 2011
Can't believe I never tried watching this anime before its great
Feb 15, 2014 7:59 AM

Mar 2008
"Just like you, I'm fated never to be with the person I love"
my heart...
I love this.
Jul 14, 2014 2:45 AM

Aug 2013
Hasn't she been giving him only negative emotions O__o
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 14, 2014 2:53 AM

May 2014
xchee said:
Negative and positive come from the same place, it's he perception that matters.
Dec 20, 2014 1:18 PM

Feb 2014
Lol how does a penguin play harmonies on the piano xD

Hmm this episode was a little bit dark, taking about death and all. I'm still curious as to why Fakir is so possessive of Mute, and why he's trying so hard to stop him from getting his feelings. Maybe it's something like getting all of his feelings would cause the raven to return or something...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2015 2:26 PM

Jun 2013
"Dance off bro! Me vs you. - You're on." That's the show.
Jan 23, 2016 7:04 PM

Feb 2009
This show has a slow start... or maybe it is like this the entire anime? And people like it the same way CardCaptor Sakura is special to a lot of people (even though every episode is just Sakura adventures with the cards). Still, I'm going to watch it because I'm interested in Fakir.
Apr 14, 2016 8:09 AM

Jan 2013
4 episodes in, and the one major thing that bothers me is that the show is pulling no punches this early about portraying Mytho as the sympathetic prince and Fakir as a rather dislikeable character hell bent on preventing him from regaining his feelings. I wouldn't be surprised to see some major twist at some point in the show which totally changes our outlook towards Mytho, and especially Fakir.

This episode focused a lot more on the different aspects of Rue's character rather than the 'lost shard of Mytho's heart' theme. Rue is far from the perfect character that she's shown to be in the initial three episodes; portrayed by the fact that her seemingly graceful dance is not as it really seems to her admirers (possibly with the exception of Ahiru, who despite being a scatterbrain, has a surprising ability to spot such feelings). Then there's the borderline bashful side of Rue as she talks to Fakir (which suggests that those two might share some eventful history, along with Mytho). Surprisingly, there's also the girly, a tad frantic side to her so called prefect facade while she talks with Ahiru (who appeared more assured than Rue, much to this viewer's surprise).

Plus, the look of bewilderment on Rue's face at Mytho's statement about the fact that his feeling of loneliness doesn't vanish when he is with her is particularly intriguing. Rue's persistence that she is the one for Mytho is probably a lie, and look more like she's trying to replace the one who Mytho was actually in love with before he lost his feelings, and possibly memories

xchee said:

Mytho receiving all the negative emotions actually makes a fair amount of sense. Had Mytho received the feeling of 'happiness' right from the start, I don't think he would ponder about the predicament he is in. Mytho feeling lonely would bother the likes of Fakir and Rue a lot more than Mytho feeling happy. Plus from a storytelling point, a shard of negative emotion is equivalent to an opportunity of a proper 'story within the story'. I'm not sure how the emotion of ' happiness' would make any character fall into such dark and emotional situations as we've seen in the previous two episodes.

On a slightly tangential note, anyone notice around the end of the ED, there is a shadow of a guy on the lake/pond on which Ahiru is floating in? Interesting that she has quite an elated reaction on her face. My very first thought was the guy's Fakir (simply because there's just no reason to hide the face if he was Mytho). Something to ponder about.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jun 9, 2016 1:20 AM

Nov 2010
xchee said:

Yea, i wonder when we'll get a happy emotion .. hmmm.
Feb 16, 2017 12:23 PM

Aug 2014
I dont know why i had tears in this episode, this show has some power in it, really i mean it lol.
Excellent episode.
Jun 7, 2017 10:58 PM

Nov 2011
Wow, another nice episode. I really liked getting to see Rue's personality fleshed out more, and the dance of the episode felt pretty unique too.

I think I'm really starting to get into this. The episode went by so fast.
Sep 21, 2017 11:00 PM
Sep 2015
Bitter Disappointment, Loneliness, Sorrow... The suicide recipe is coming along quite nicely.
Aug 14, 2018 1:58 AM
Aug 2012
Wow, a very interesting and intense Anime this can be at only episode 4. We dive deeper into the actions of Princess TuTu and why are the emotions many try to suppress or let get the best of them showing up first? Perhaps it's to show that we still need them so we can have all of the others that bring us smiles across our faces. Myuuto still seems very lost and still has no idea what is going on with him, but a flush of feeling appears within his eyes each time he gathers back a new emotion. Fakir seems very distraught about the new and upcoming of feelings showing within Myuuto, but I don't quite think just yet that he may be the enemy here, though he isn't a very uplifting character we still no little nothing about him, on the other hand, we got to see Miss Rue's personality a bit more, something seems wrong with her energy when she dances, is her foot hurt? or is there something else going on. She seems to really care for Myuuto and fought her hardest to keep up with the dancer. And the cutie Duck seems to have a bit more confidence in herself the further we get into the story, no nervous quacks and is holding herself up proudly, finally getting put back into the beginners group, which made me so so happy and was probably my favorite part in this episode for many reasons, mainly because her character is sprouting.
Jul 29, 2019 12:42 PM

Jul 2016
Although following the same episodic formula, this one was vital to knowing more about the boy and in showing us Fakir's true intentions. I wonder what the next episodes will be like... Good episode overall.
Aug 21, 2019 11:14 PM
Mar 2018
Not gonna lie, I don't have any real complaints so far. I like the slow progress. I like the running gag where the cat talks about the girls not marrying him. I'm sure it's going to become more involved later on, and that the story will elaborate on missing gaps, but I absolutely love the characters and the OP and ED.

Actually, my one gripe are how the meaningful conversations (during Princess Tutu's segments) aren't deep enough. I tend to have this problem with a lot of anime though, but in this case, the anime is trying to tell us something and not show us, and lacks in that regard. Also, the issues feel resolved too quickly, kind of like in CCS (as of now, I'm only up to episode 7 though), but I look forward to everything else. I love Tutu.
Jul 6, 2021 7:22 AM

May 2020
I'm probably one of the few people who likes the "Neko-Sensei threatening to marry them if they fail" joke. I don't know why. Something about a broken version of Mendelsson's Wedding March playing in the background when he says it and then him proceeding to break down and act like a cat is just funny to me.
Feb 23, 2022 6:00 AM

Dec 2020
i love ahiru's friends lol. "its because of you.." "uso (°□°;)" gets me everytime. neko sensei is still pretty damn weird but im laughing at his screentimes more and more now

fakir acting like mytho's boyfriend bro.. why u so obsessed with him. we get it he's cute but like..🤨🤨 so are you man

ahiru and rue bff moments <3
Apr 16, 2022 2:28 AM

Aug 2014
I love that piano piece that the penguin was playing when Tutu was practicing. Even Tutu's practice leg extension was very nice. Nice scene overall
Mar 31, 2023 11:00 AM
Jan 2020
the guy with the big eyes is so scary i get jumpdcared everytime

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 15 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 30, 2008

20 by Fairytelly »»
Apr 21, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 13 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 14, 2008

47 by Fairytelly »»
Mar 26, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Awesmoe - Apr 3, 2008

143 by WisperG »»
Mar 21, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 12 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 13, 2008

47 by Fairytelly »»
Mar 10, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 10 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 12, 2008

20 by Fairytelly »»
Feb 25, 11:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.