Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2007 12:36 AM

Apr 2007
This episode was awsome... O_O Space crazy ^w^

So that other girls name was Yuko aswell, nice ^^ and she's an encoder. Woooo XD.

Looking forward to the next ep :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2007 1:14 AM

Nov 2006
This series is so awesome I can't get over it.
Gets better every ep.
Jun 4, 2007 5:25 AM

Mar 2007
I adore it. Adore. Adore. Adore.

I didn't even think that could happen after...3 episodes. BUT I LOVE IT.

Especially Amazawa Yuko. She's all kinds of coolness, rolled up into a glasses-wearing chick with brown pig tails.

I'm going to continue watching the first 3 episodes over and over until the fourth comes out.

...>_>

Aug 7, 2007 11:49 PM

Apr 2007
windy said:
This series is so awesome I can't get over it.
Gets better every ep.

qft~
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jan 27, 2008 1:19 PM

Jan 2008
When that dog started bawling its eyes out in that trash can, I burst out laughing. Good times.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Mar 30, 2008 8:46 PM

Mar 2008
heh ... i thought the dog crying was kind of cheesy :P

This is an interesting series though. Keeps getting better with every episode. Makes me wonder if we will ever have something like that in our world.

"There is no such thing as God in this world." -Setsuna F. Seiei
Sep 6, 2008 7:21 AM
Apr 2008
perfecto but for the irritating dog. it is truly a burden upon the awesome of this series.

i think it's a nice touch that the characters are never (yet) in any actual physical danger, but the financial cost of 'dying' is serious. contributes to the pleasant feel of silly-yet-serious.
Aug 22, 2009 5:10 PM

Sep 2008
Haha poor Densuke goes through so much. Giving a mega-beam or whatever it was called to the little annoying girl was a bad idea... silly granny. XD

This series just keeps on getting better.
Dec 17, 2009 7:18 PM
Aug 2007
I felt bad for Densuke too but thankfully he's all better by the end.

Oh and I totally should've seen all the transfers coming. True anime cliche even if it's a good plot device for bringing characters together.
Oct 2, 2010 7:23 AM

Oct 2008
This series is getting better and better. Loving it.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Oct 16, 2010 7:08 AM
Apr 2009
Awesome ep! I think that other Yuko is that other Yuko but from the future. That could possible be it, or I'm wrong. Onto ep 4! : D
Apr 27, 2011 9:12 PM

Oct 2009
I just love the scenes where they are running away, all of their tricks are so cool. That new girl is pretty cool too, can't wait to see more of her.
Sep 20, 2011 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
Instant new best friend and mysterious/possible temporary villain/rival just so happen to be in the same class as the protagonist. "This is getting interesting." Ugh...

Yet for most part I can't help but watch it with a big, silly grin on my face.
Jul 22, 2013 1:44 AM

Jul 2011
This episode was really cool! : D I like the characters so far and for some reason I am interested in all the kinds of virtual things they can buy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2014 6:31 AM

May 2012
Another great episode, this is really getting quite interesting! Let's see what's next.
Apr 20, 2014 3:29 AM

Feb 2012
Please tell me the whole series won't consist of anything but chasing Densuke...
Jul 3, 2014 11:27 PM
Mar 2013
Fabe said:
Please tell me the whole series won't consist of anything but chasing Densuke...
Hehe, Densuke is quite the trouble maker isn't he? I think Yasako is going to be worrying about a lot bigger things now that the Encoder is at her school and in her class! I'm curious about her name though. She shares the same last name as Yasako but then again it's not that much of a coincidence if you think about it. Still, there is a connection between her and Yasako that much is certain.
Jul 18, 2014 1:20 AM

Nov 2011
encephalic said:
Oh man. I kind of want one of those! XD

So much shoujo-ai up in this thread now. Me gusta. :3 But going only for that seems a bit sexist. Where's the shounen-ai? >:3

there is shounen ai :3
I'm hooking Bill up with Ascius

Oct 11, 2014 10:39 PM

Aug 2013
Densuke crying in the garbage bin honestly made me go awww :(

When Fumie said it'll be hard to find the encoder, you know it's going to be another "she's a transfer student!" type of situation haha.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 10, 2014 12:15 AM

Jun 2013
This show is so good so far. The story's progressing well without dumping information too much to viewers at once. One thing I noticed, I don't get why some reviews gave DC a low score for the music/sound. I couldn't careless about the OP or ED in an anime, but the background musics are good if not awesome.
May 18, 2017 2:12 AM

Jul 2008
Oh course she ends up being in the same class. Easiest search ever.
Sep 12, 2017 7:27 AM

Jun 2013
I really dig the animation, the characters feel "alive". I've been getting Ghibli vibes from the start, which is a good thing. I think I heard the director used to be an animator at Studio Ghibli or something.

It's hard to find a good stopping point, since the episodes flow into each other seamlessly. The end of episode 3 is the first such point so far. The stakes aren't too high, but there are some pretty cool mysteries to look forward to.

The opening and ending songs are lovely, though the OP sounds a bit too melancholic for the tone of the series, at least so far.

Random and unnecessary observation: the voice actress for Fumie somehow sounds similar to Sakamoto Maaya. Or more accurately, Fumie sounds like some of the characters that I've heard Sakamoto voice so far. Strange but neat.

kingatomsk said:
Instant new best friend and mysterious/possible temporary villain/rival just so happen to be in the same class as the protagonist. "This is getting interesting." Ugh...

Yet for most part I can't help but watch it with a big, silly grin on my face.

I can relate to this.
LeeTailorSep 12, 2017 7:34 AM
Sep 13, 2017 9:08 AM

Jul 2015
First 3 episodes watched, it is pretty interesting so far with many information dump and being chased. Sci-fi elements overload, as expected from this anime. Poor Densuke, but sorry, I should laugh on his crying scene in the trash bin hahaha. Ending song is really good btw.
May 7, 2018 5:00 PM

Nov 2016
Super good watch so far.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 4, 2019 11:45 PM

Jul 2012
Yall really shipping these little children on MAL? That's pretty gross lol

Anyway, its improving. I really want to know the full picture of things. Why this happens, why it's important.

I also agree with someone in this thread that it gives me Ghibli vibes!
Aug 9, 2021 5:39 PM

Jul 2017
I loved the intensity of the episode and Yuko Amasawa's character is shrouding in intrigue and mysteries, with interesting skills being a cryptographer. While I loved the episode, I felt a bit bad for Densuke... that dog's been pushed to the brink and toyed/bulled with for like 3 episodes in a row lol. Hopefully he catches a break, he's earned that along with some cyber-dog treats. Great start to the series so far.
Nov 1, 2021 11:29 AM

Oct 2016
Another great episode,filled with a good amount of info about the setting.There's an element of fluidity in these light action scenes that's soothing because we aren't worried about characters well-being.Since it all takes place in cyber space,it kinda gives a vibe of "children doing normal stuff in daytime go onto various adventures at night".

I hope the show will explain the nature of the relationship between cyber reality and physical reality.I got confused by that scene where mojos could effect the way granny's hair looked.
Nov 20, 2021 4:46 PM

Feb 2020
wait, Amasawa is an elementary schooler? I legitimately thought that she was like 20 lmfao. anyway, this show is pretty good so far
Mar 31, 2022 12:12 AM

Feb 2021
This is some cool stuff. I'm not bored like I was watching the first ep, honestly just keeps getting better
Jun 12, 2022 2:14 PM

Jan 2010
The visualization of space cracking was amazing. It's a little hard to keep up with all the terminology and proper nouns getting dropped, but it's nice that the moment-by-moment goals are simple enough to follow.
Oct 1, 2022 4:52 PM

Jan 2020
Suddenly, a wild explanation appears.

Yuko number two seems like a rude-odontis. I was kind of hoping she was going to get got by Searchy. Instead, she infiltrated their classroom, even though I don't believe for a second she's the same age as the other characters. Hopefully she doesn't end up being too much of a bully.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 13, 2022 9:39 AM

May 2021
This show is horrible, I still need to go through 23 more episodes and I know there are some episodes that are kinda like filler, kill me already, this is a pain to watch.
Jan 13, 2023 9:31 PM

Jan 2014
the encoder's introduction in class kinda reminds me of madoka magica... interesting
Jan 29, 2023 7:24 PM
Sep 2016
-Xenophon- said:
This show is horrible, I still need to go through 23 more episodes and I know there are some episodes that are kinda like filler, kill me already, this is a pain to watch.
And that coming from someone who has Ghost in The Shell set as one of their favorite anime.
A Sci-Fi story exploring VR. This show basically predicted Pokemon GO and Google maps.
If you can't see that, then remove GiTS from your list and instead add Banana Fish because you love it so much.

From checking you out, we see you are an attention-seeking contrarian.
Nobody is taking you seriously, so please refrain from commenting if you have nothing of value to add.
Either be serious and start meaningful discussions or have fun and joke around.
What you are doing, fits neither.
Jan 31, 2023 11:50 PM

May 2021
Yugesai said:
-Xenophon- said:
And that coming from someone who has Ghost in The Shell set as one of their favorite anime.
A Sci-Fi story exploring VR. This show basically predicted Pokemon GO and Google maps.
If you can't see that, then remove GiTS from your list and instead add Banana Fish because you love it so much.

From checking you out, we see you are an attention-seeking contrarian.
Nobody is taking you seriously, so please refrain from commenting if you have nothing of value to add.
Either be serious and start meaningful discussions or have fun and joke around.
What you are doing, fits neither.

Google Maps and Virtual Pets were common tropes of Sci-fi long before Dennoul Coli, also I don't know how that will be valuable for the plot, GiTS possses interesting characters, a decent plot and stunning visuals/OST, leagues above this shitt* wannabe deep kids anime, people try to sell it like if is a mature show when isn't even close to Shounen, characters were childish, filler episodes, trash characters and a weak start, go cope however you can but there isn't any doubt that Dennoul is below average.
May 9, 2023 5:08 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hm, still so many mysteries, what is that other Yuuko hacker girl trying to achieve with the dog, and for who she is working... at least it's gonna be easier to find more about her since she's in both girls class xD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Zel - Dec 8, 2007

138 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 16, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 23 Discussion

_edge_ - Nov 29, 2007

31 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 15, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kimura - Oct 30, 2007

62 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 13, 1:49 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MasterChief - Aug 10, 2007

106 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 11, 2:07 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Siing - May 17, 2007

60 by Slice-of-sky »»
Jul 6, 2023 2:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.