Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 27, 2020 9:20 PM
Jul 2018
That was ok. The slime did the job.
Oct 28, 2020 1:21 AM

Mar 2012
The flashback in the end was great but otherwise it's pretty standard isekai with OP MC. Also I don't like slimes.
Oct 28, 2020 6:02 AM

Mar 2016
That is why...... always wear a mask 🙌 I felt sad for Ryoma at the end. Overworked, underpaid and lonely...... Atleast now, he has a family😁 Also, Miya is so cute❤
Oct 28, 2020 9:52 PM
Oct 2020
Made an account to complain about this episode. In the manga and light novel it was a serious disease, not miasma. I suspect that this change may have been made to try and avoid offending people in the current situation, especially given that everything just made more sense with a fatal disease than with miasma.
Oct 29, 2020 9:48 AM

Aug 2018
He doesn't want money or anything he just wants a "welcome home".from a heartwarming family I feel going to cry when Ryoma starts crying because of it.
Overall 9 out of 10
Oct 29, 2020 4:58 PM
May 2020
I liked this episode, in the last moment was very touching and makes me want to crying
Oct 29, 2020 6:08 PM

Oct 2009
Almost one full episode about MC cleaning 💩💩💩

and I watched this when having lunch hahahah

-okay-
Oct 29, 2020 6:29 PM

Oct 2008
oh god! this episode is extremely heart-warming and wholesome i teared-up a bit!
5/5.

Oct 29, 2020 9:26 PM

Oct 2017
That was a lot of cleaning lol which were fine and the final scene was touching.
Nov 2, 2020 10:02 PM
Sep 2016

Don't know if anyone else thought this while he was doing his job; I really appreciate the backstory for this episode. Added at least some depth to his life - which is something a lot of others like Death March and Reincarnated as a Slime don't really do.
Nov 3, 2020 4:23 AM

Oct 2020
Need more Miya imo. The only anime where a slime is useful.

Nov 3, 2020 8:25 AM
May 2020
This anime has potential to be very good
Nov 3, 2020 10:50 AM
Dec 2015
this week episode really nice.. when i watching this anime.. i feel time so fast
nice isekai genre
Nov 4, 2020 11:46 PM

Mar 2009
Felt bad about his mom. Poor guy had such a shit life.
Nov 8, 2020 7:13 AM
Aug 2017
I can't believe it, I expected this show to be slow and boring, but right now it's one of my favourite from the season, even through there is like 20 arriving Anime I watch. There is nothing special in this fantasy world, the characters aren't bad, but not too interesting either, and I don't even like the idea of building a show around ordinary slimes (maybe if it were Rimuru or the slimes from Dragon Warrior) but then what may be the thing wich catched my attention? I'm sure it's the emotions this Anime conveys. Living a happy and satisfying life with a new caring family, it's something what fills my heart with warm.
Nov 17, 2020 8:23 AM

Jan 2015
Segaco said:
The only things I didn't like were:

- The zero explanation as to where he got his clothes from (even a super simple explanation like "I used slime gel to do it" would have done the trick)
- How they named whatever was wrong with the poop "miasma." Even saying the poop had very bad bacteria would have made more sense.

And tiny nit pick:
- Getting so many adventurers to guard a poop-infested place is very strange. This place was said to be known to have a very bad smell and lots of poop, I fail to see why there would be anyone willing to visit it. I don't think so many guards were necessary.

I read the novel, so I can kinda try to answer your questions.

1) I don't remember all too clearly, but I think he just put a cleaner slime over his head, no mask lol, because the stench would destroy his eyes.
2) I'm kinda very upset it wasn't clearly shown in the anime, he used a skill called identify and found out that it was a very dangerous disease there, such that would start a pandemic if someone spreads it. Later on it was revealed that this kind of disease would not necessarily kill you, but can paralyze you, and paralyzing youngsters is the same as killing them since they can't live their lifes.
It was actually quite more dangerous than anime made it out to be.

Regarding your tiny nit pick
3) They couldn't let anyone in as it was very contagious, so the guild master gathered the most suitable people, most of them there had a disease resist skill up. The cat girl had it from living and smelling garbage so close for so long, it was lvl 5. Ryouma on the other hand, has it at lvl 7, which is absolutely insane (for their world's standards, and he got it in his previous life working as a slave worker at a company, it transferred into this world). He also has sleeping resist at lvl 7, so he was able to not sleep for 3 days and clean everything (it took more time than in anime).

I'll point out some other things that you didnt ask for, that anime missed.

- The nekomini girls, like cat, rabbit and others were actually in the same adventurer group before
- The cat girl lived with that smell for a very long time, every time she asked someone to clean it, they would earnestly try, but then either the smell would get too strong, or they would be able to clean it but then more garbage would just appear again through that hole. Fun fact, but when Ryouma finished, cat girl was like, "eh, I guess you also gave up" and Ryouma was like, "nope I finished" and the cat girl was like, "wait, already?"
- His scavenger slimes multiple like crazy and he has gotten himself 3 KING slimes. To get one KING slime you'll need 1000 slimes of the same type as opposed to 100 for a BIG slime(the one duke's family saw in ep 2) and about 500 for a HUGE slime, and KING slime as the name suggests is the ultimate and last form slime can get, that's as big as they can get.
Nov 17, 2020 8:38 AM

Jan 2015
I remember reading this touching ending scene in the novel and it was great, but damn, it really looks so much better with voices and animations ahhh... And seeing Ryouma's mother and more into his past life was really welcome, I don't remember him ever mentioning his mom in the novel, I really am glad they included a bit about his past anyway.

One thing I'm upset about the most is how Ryouma didn't use his identify skill and told everyone that it's a goddamn epidemy, highly contagious!!! that paralyzes people for life.
And then you can't really tell what did all those adventurers did, were they just guarding? why so many? ofcourse they had more impact in the novel, it's funny because Ryouma introduced every single one, I'd rather them use this time instead to include more explanations about their roles
Nov 19, 2020 9:35 AM

Jun 2019
Oh, the ending got me. T-T
Good job Ryoma. But, I was happy that he found a family in this other world.
Jan 31, 2021 8:53 PM

Sep 2018
Wahh the mother scene makes me cry :( I feel sad for him too.. I experience that too huhu

It's very very useful to have a slime!! I love to have slime to clean the house hahah everything will be easy if it's possible irl
Feb 5, 2021 7:53 PM
Jan 2020
Ryoma is OP, with his slimes and magic, he can do anything. An emotional flashback that took us back to Ryoma’s previous life… He now has a new family, in this new world.
Feb 21, 2021 10:02 PM
Feb 2020
Me: This Episode: Everytime

So when is Filo she going to turn into a chicken

For some reason I kept thinking of a giant chicken and a family size bucket of tears I mean KFC.
Mar 12, 2021 8:02 AM

Apr 2018
What a beautiful scene at the end of the episode!
Mar 14, 2021 6:36 AM

Jul 2015
Ryouma basically went from overworked employee to an isekai handyman who does odd jobs and save the city through the help of powerful slimes. Bit sad knowing that his mother, the last person who cared about him, passed away but at least he now is in a better place

Mar 29, 2021 6:24 AM

Sep 2012
Reapermask said:
Ryouma basically went from overworked employee to an isekai handyman who does odd jobs and save the city through the help of powerful slimes. Bit sad knowing that his mother, the last person who cared about him, passed away but at least he now is in a better place

and at-least hes mother went before him cause she would have died from grief
Jul 6, 2021 10:08 PM

Oct 2017
darkforge13 said:
Made an account to complain about this episode. In the manga and light novel it was a serious disease, not miasma. I suspect that this change may have been made to try and avoid offending people in the current situation, especially given that everything just made more sense with a fatal disease than with miasma.

I agree 100%. I started reading the light novel before I started to binge watch this series today. I think they definitely censored that whole part and even blanket over the severity of the disease as well as why those group of adventurers were picked for the job. I mean, anime sometimes have a tendency to censor things unfortunately which is why it’s best to read the original source. Having read the first volume, the impact of his past and why Ryouma is OP is explained in full detail. I understand some of the complaints some may have with this series but I highly suggest for them to give the series another chance by reading either the original light novel or the manga adaptation.
Baken3koJul 6, 2021 10:12 PM
Nov 29, 2022 10:24 AM
Jun 2022
nice this video :3
Dec 30, 2022 1:36 PM

Nov 2018
Things seem much too easy and people much too nice, but you get a profound feeling of having your heart healed.
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Feb 14, 2023 11:18 PM
Sep 2022
nlg i cried at the end of the episode, this anime is really good i love it
May 24, 2023 11:53 PM

Jul 2019
Right in the feels, that one. It was nice seeing adult Ryouma coming home to his mom.

On another note I'm happy the kemonomimi girls from the ED shows up. (っ♡ω♡)っ
Jun 24, 2023 4:48 AM

Jan 2008
Having read the manga up to the current chapter, I KNEW this episode was going to mess me up, and I was completely right. The tears kept coming.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Oct 9, 2023 8:22 PM
Dec 2019
Very Peaceful, nothing extreme
Nov 16, 2023 7:59 AM
Apr 2020
this anime PIECE OF SHIT
Feb 11, 11:36 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
God damnit. The end made me tear up so bad. I wish there was someone waiting for me home when I return from work :(
Shit hits way too close home.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2020

120 by SenseiSempai-san »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2020

102 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 11, 2:40 PM

» Jamil duchy knows about isekai protagonists. / Eliara is prophecised chosen one.

KuroudoAkabane - May 4, 2022

4 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 11, 9:55 AM

» this kid is like 8. Why cant he just be a normal age

Toxic_Hollow - Feb 13, 2021

2 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 11, 9:53 AM

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko Episode 11 Discussion

Ringare - Dec 13, 2020

33 by HanamiDango »»
Jun 2, 2023 11:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.