Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2020 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Geez, the group is already facing money problems.

A rough start for Minato but they're keeping it together. I got a feeling this is just one of many obstacles they'll have to overcome for the season. Akari best girl
Stark700Apr 12, 2020 8:03 AM
Apr 12, 2020 9:10 AM

Jun 2013
Has the occasional fun moment, but overall this show doesnt even seem like its trying
Apr 12, 2020 10:51 AM

Jul 2015
She called him "Gaybar"! Hahaha!!

Apr 12, 2020 12:12 PM

Nov 2016
Literally just a "lay back and watch" kind of show. My mind says drop it and yet I'm strangely compelled to keep watching.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 12, 2020 1:11 PM

Dec 2014
seems like I am gonna watching this
Apr 12, 2020 2:10 PM

Nov 2011
FMmatron said:
Literally just a "lay back and watch" kind of show. My mind says drop it and yet I'm strangely compelled to keep watching.
YES! THIS!

Like There is nothing appealing about this show, however it is not a bad show. It's literally one of the most average anime I have ever watched so far. Like there's no reason to drop it but there is also no reason to keep watching either.

It's so weird.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 12, 2020 3:13 PM

Oct 2010
I thought it was an improvement over the first episode since at least this time it's clear it's mostly focused on humor. That said, it wasn't very funny.

Also, the anime seems to be going with a mostly original story, which is probably why the main character has an original design (he could be male or female in the game, but the anime uses neither one of those designs, but an original one, and there's that shot in the opening showing their father with a design that seems clearly based on the anime mc).

Most of the first half of the first episode was based on the game, but it seems like everything afterwards might be mostly original - starting from Akari's and Makoto's introduction, at that point in the game you just hire the first adventurers through gacha and then go to the personal events of the characters if you want to see a story scene for them, rather than them being part of the main plot. Then this second episode was mostly an Akari focus and even continues into the next one. So, it definitely seems like aside from the starting point the anime is going to be its own thing.
NeonDZApr 12, 2020 4:46 PM
Apr 12, 2020 10:51 PM

Oct 2017
The first half was pretty boring but the later half was pretty funny with that new idiot around.
SoraSenpai said:
FMmatron said:
YES! THIS!

Like There is nothing appealing about this show, however it is not a bad show. It's literally one of the most average anime I have ever watched so far. Like there's no reason to drop it but there is also no reason to keep watching either.

It's so weird.
Hehe same here.
Apr 13, 2020 12:24 AM

Mar 2016
This show is just so utterly boring to me.
Apr 13, 2020 12:41 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
At least it began to do its own kind of thing. Some drama right off the bat. The rivalry bit permitted to delve on a backstory and to initiate a gag that'll probably come back some time after. Unappreciable main character? Somehow, a part of me wants to pursue watching, just in case there's even more focus on entrepreneurship or economics...

Apr 13, 2020 3:26 AM

Feb 2011
The show is not as bad as everyone describes it. It is okay and so far I like it, especially Yutoria. I like her character and design.
Nuckel-CellApr 13, 2020 12:23 PM
Apr 13, 2020 4:47 AM

Mar 2014
FMmatron said:

This is the most boring show this season and like you I'm also find this dilemma very complicated
Apr 13, 2020 5:52 AM

Jun 2013
I don't know that was boring
Apr 13, 2020 11:02 AM

Jul 2014
This is so bland.. like you just watch it for the cute artwork and such, I really wanna drop it as well but Yutoria's design and her seiyuu just keeps me invested.
Apr 14, 2020 2:05 AM

Jun 2012
Zzzzzzzzzzzz..........

The show has given me no compelling reason why any of this matters. The main character feels like a blank slate who has no emotional journey happening through his leadership of the company. None of the characters are particularly interesting. The mechanics of the company are generic game-adaptation. I've half-laughed at like one joke in the first two episodes combined. This show is just a boring generic dud devoid of life, emotion, and inspiration in every way imaginable.
Apr 14, 2020 6:50 AM

May 2019
Interesting; I wonder whether they'll get the Legacy back or not.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Apr 16, 2020 8:24 PM

Jan 2014
Second episode was clearly better than the 1st. The 1st provided a story sure, but lacked any interest. Seemed like they tried more in the 2nd ep.
Apr 18, 2020 2:29 AM
Mar 2012
Minato & Miku clone are kinda interesting, ep was relaxed but verge on boring.
Use of business & laws could've been unique hook for this show, even educational potential, but this was shallow gag use.
And inheritance tax was wrong. If any tax is paid after it's inherited. In JP there's 10 months to pay tax, and can arrange 20 years deferral, and of course they can sell part of the assets to cover tax. Even US & other countries it's 10 years or can setup regular payment. If show explored legal tax evasion, or using the bunch of exemptions like rolling into life insurance, it could've escaped this bland fantasy setup.
Apr 18, 2020 4:18 AM

Jul 2017
I wanna sleep at this show, but the charms are so weird it keeps me going. Much as the appeal for Yutoria and VA Kana Ichinose.

FMmatron said:
Same here.

The Kibou Company facing monetary problems, and Minato's for a start to get financials back into plan. Unfortunately his own character is a cardboard-ish type that really doesn't care for much and gives off no motivation.

And thereforth a challenge in the form of a tournament of sorts is chosen as their first step. Da freak who plans MCQ questions for a dungeon mass tournament?

Still boring but will stick around.
Apr 30, 2020 6:56 AM

Aug 2018
the second episode was good and it was a little bit funny
6/10
May 7, 2020 1:44 PM

Mar 2010
its nb The new president is rightfully in bliss when it comes to not caring much, I mean he is new so there is no reason for him to feel bad about the companies predicament.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 19, 2020 3:06 AM

Apr 2011
So far, its doing okay. Nothing special but still entertaining. Seems to be something interesting about the new prez that the girl with that annoying guy sees. I find Akari cute.
Jun 30, 2020 9:05 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Why they couldn't handle a financial cash flow by selling that shit cursed equipment? Or rather took some credit or long-term liabilities. Its a lame-ass reason for showing off the positive development over Minato's negativity on the first episode. Oh, well, as a business student i felt dumb when their true intentions were just to adventure into some random tournament. Lmao

Atleast the enemy had more than enough comedic situations instead that Minato's boring personality. Such a shame.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 24, 2020 12:37 AM

Jul 2015
That Saber guy from Cyedge really seems like an annoying dude to deal with, heck even Gaybar's name is annoying to remember...
Minato shows a bit more promise....having basic Business understanding....still better than some 4 star guy

Sep 8, 2022 8:44 PM
Sep 2022
Ngl I alr watched whole thing for the most part amazing all around
Apr 30, 1:26 PM
Jun 2022
My Head Hurts Watching This . That Contest Was Pointless Then If This Is The Attitude Teams R Taking .
RGreatDantonApr 30, 1:33 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shachou, Battle no Jikan Desu! Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2020

22 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 30, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Shachou, Battle no Jikan Desu! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

56 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 30, 1:08 PM

» Can someone explain the rating

hitoridoga - Jun 10, 2020

17 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Dec 15, 2022 4:19 PM

Poll: » Shachou, Battle no Jikan Desu! Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2020

32 by antigraviton »»
Mar 27, 2021 8:02 AM

Poll: » Shachou, Battle no Jikan Desu! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2020

14 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 24, 2020 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.