Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Dec 22, 2021 2:02 AM

Oct 2010
cecito said:
Catalano said:
the last 2 episodes should not exist, there's nothing wrong in dating morita and drawing in the same time but hagu chose to do nothing, she will be the same scared girl with no friends who draws, hanamoto will be there for her till the end of her life. At least nomiya x yamada happened.
overall 7/10 now I don't want to read the manga

wait, did really nomiya x yamada happen? I came here hoping someoune would say something about it: all I saw was Yamada smiling at Nomiya while she worked but it didn't feel enough as a confirmation that they're together (i sure hope they are). Did I skip a scene? Are we both wishful thinking?

I think that short scene was a clear indication that yamada forgot about glasses guy and now she can found love with someone else, it's logical to consider them not quite being an item but maybe in the future off screen, this couple may happen, nomiya loves her too much and they will have more moments together. It's not a clear answer but I think they're a couple after all that transpired in the last episodes.
Mar 15, 2022 12:27 PM

Aug 2013
This season was kind of a let down because of two reasons but was still a great journey nonetheless
Nomiya's love for Yamada felt unreal and was simply out of pity for her.
Shuu and Hagu love was weird and forced and unnecessary in my opinion.
yamenMar 15, 2022 1:12 PM
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Mar 15, 2022 4:16 PM

Aug 2013
RottenOrange said:
Shuu x Hagu ruined it for me.

I didn't want Hagu with anyone but the result is still gross, they're uncle and nephew and with an age gap.

yea same here that really ticked me off to the point of regretting that I have watched the second season
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Jun 26, 2022 11:04 AM

Sep 2017
I did like this final episode admittedly, and I was going to rate this higher than S1, but they just couldn't help themselves with the stupid fucking incest father figure really LOVES his daughter bullshit. If we removed that garbage with Morita and Sensei "fighting" over Hagu (I mean honestly give me a fucking break) this would have been very good.
Aug 16, 2022 12:04 PM
Dec 2021
great anime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 28, 2022 10:49 AM

May 2014
What a ride it was! This show hits differently when you watch it as an adult. I first watched this 7 years ago, I was a teenager back then and didn't know how deep this show and its characters was. All the characters' personal situation was so relatable now. I really enjoyed watching it.
violityAug 28, 2022 10:54 AM
Jan 14, 2023 4:44 AM

May 2018
And so it ends. I almost always prefer rom-coms that don't get too deep into melodrama but I think this handled serious topics ok.

6/10 for the loveable cast. I still don't pair Hagu with sensei though; I think it's still a paternal bond more than a love one.
Feb 11, 2023 8:11 PM

May 2022
A great ending to a great story. My only wish would have been for the "spin-off" chapters from the manga to have been included. If you want to know what happened with Yamada and Nomiya, you must read the manga, including the "spin-off" chapters by Umino Chika that were not published with the original manga. These two brief epilogue chapters just tie up that loose end. 
Mar 11, 2023 12:17 AM
Dec 2013
Regret watching this. Didn’t expect the series to end with incest and Shuu coming out as some twisted groomer pedo.
May 2, 2023 12:03 AM
Apr 2020
Was enjoying season 2 so much until the last 3 three episodes.....
Prepared myself for any heartbreak but they ended up serving something disgusting . Happy for takemoto and morita they get to do what they want.
Hagu so selfish... i wish she didn't chose anyone and just ended up recovering with sensei but no i pick him and will use him to keep drawing . Good that takemoto and morita are far away from her . Hopefully yamada has a good long life with nomiya he's such a keeper . Can't believe this would turn out to be such a turn off really enjoyed first season
Jun 28, 2023 3:10 AM

Jul 2021
it's sad that they all far apart now but that's life and it showed that in a very realistic manner. even though they are far apart they are connected by the memories of the time they spent together. i'm sure normal people would also experience this while in university, after graduation, everyone goes their own ways. this going apart is what makes those precious days feel more precious and thanks to that their bonds will still remain the same even after staying apart.

a little confused by the i love you of shuu, people are saying he meant romantically but i can't look at it that way. i'll believe it wasn't like that for my own good.

overall, a true masterpiece of an anime. they didn't give us a conclusive ending showing the fates of everyone but i guess we can kind of fill in it ourselves. mayama and rika got together, ayu and nomiya get together. morita is just living like always, takemoto is also moving forward and hagu is making progress with her rehab. but still an actual ova or something to show their lives like 5 or 10 years from then would be a treat to watch, like a reunion or something when some of them have kids too. would love to watch it.

will rewatch this for sure in future. adding this to the list of animes i will buy BDs of when i get a job. absolute 10/10.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 24, 12:52 PM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
After finishing this series, I can confidently say the only remarkable thing about this anime is how cute Hagu is.
I rate this 2nd season 5/10. The previous season is a low 4/10 for me, since it focused too much on slice of life and had almost no plot developments.

I found most of the characters very unlikeable. Most of them behave like 11yo girls despite being 20+yo. I guess it's on purpose since the show is targeted at teenage girls.
Most of the characters are very pathetic. They don't want to give up on their hopeless 1-sided love, but at the same time they also put almost no effort in winning the other side over.
The 3 characters that are being chased are also irredeemable. They won't say "stop chasing me, I don't want you". Instead, they will remain silent and indifferent in order to keep their chasers as "backup plan" in case their own plans don't succeed.

And the guy eating the sandwiches with honey and clovers was just stupid. They tried too hard to justify this series' name. And why in the hell would the guy eat the clovers? That's not edible. Humans are not cows. At least most of us aren't.
BigBoyAdvanceJan 24, 12:55 PM
Feb 17, 12:55 PM

Apr 2014
So damn bittersweet, I can't.. Enjoyed the ride. As long as Yamada is happy, I'm happy! Good to know she got married in 3-gatsu.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Shuu-chan loves Hagu?

Meruto - Jan 19, 2011

39 by Z0mbieB0y »»
Apr 4, 12:56 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 29, 2008

82 by Danahi82 »»
Jan 24, 1:09 AM

» Sandwiches - How long did it take Hagu?

Barusamikosu - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Rama_Chan »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:35 AM

» How is this related to march comes in like a lion?

TsutanaiFuun - Jun 28, 2023

6 by accidentalfloss »»
Jul 2, 2023 10:29 AM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Karura - Mar 23, 2008

72 by TsutanaiFuun »»
Jun 28, 2023 12:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.