Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 1, 2020 3:26 AM
Mar 2019
Reichu- said:
Knightmare5X11 said:

what was he supposed to do let twice kill all the heroes??? the thing is no one from the public knows that twice was a good man for them hawks saved them from someone who could have destroyed the world they live in,yeah twice is a nice guy so does that mean hawks should just let him kill every hero. No hawks did what was necessary i get what you mean but hawks did the right thing to do.

I’m not DrWattz but I reply, because I agreed on him/her earlier. Forgive me. I’m only a sucker for discussions like that.

From Hawks point of view killing Twice was the only possibly option. After all Twice was a one-man army. I don’t blame Hawks for that. He’s one of my favorites, after all. But looking at the bigger picture, it’s was a horrible decision. As a result they (Heroes) played some good cards in the opponent’s hand. And I don't believe the heroes will win this battle.

Sure the public doesn’t know anything about Twice, yet. But well, it’s not LOV anymore, it’s PLF. They have other resources. They have Skeptic – who was able to cover up everything what has happened in Deika city - and they have Trumpet – a politician …
Curious (the woman Toga killed) already wanted to use a LOV-story for propaganda purposes

The society is divided since All Might’s retirement. They lose faith in heroes. First the 'unlikeable' Endeavor, now Hawk’s dilemma. (Hawk's is/was the most popular among the heroes...)
PLF is perceived as a movement, not as a group of terrorists. Using Twice Story (minus the killing spree and some other details) will taint the heroes reputation.

‘He was just a hard working citizen, a victim of society. There wasn’t a place for him. For this reason, he joined the liberation front to change society so that people like him could fit in. He was a good guy; he put faith in other humans. But that made him being used and backstabbed by a hero. His death was caused by Hawks.’ - Imagine Trumpet spreading something like that. It’s not the absolute truth, but People love emotional stories. They’ll fall for that. Even among the heroes some could waver. Nobody knew what Hawks was doing in the first place. Nobody was there. Hawks is just a puppet. Puppets can be abandoned. But he didn’t have any other options. As a foil to Twice: Hawks was pretty unlucky the hero commission found him as a child.

And then there’s Best Jeanist we know nothing about. If the commission did really kill him... and if the people will find out… Bye, bye Hero society.
The citizen usually only see and believe what is in front of their eyes. People will go nuts. Many things could happen after that. (And if the Dabi = Endeavours son theory is true, if Todoroki's family drama will go public, then this is just another pillar that could collapses. Dabi is a factor I can’t judge. He also seems to know something about Hawks. Some people theorize Dabi could be a Nomu. Today I read a theory that he could have been in some sort of a hero promotion program with Hawks as a child, as Touya… Ah, I can’t find the tweet I’ve read anymore…)

This collapse could be Deku and his friends chance: becoming the biggest hero by rescuing the society before it's complete downfall. (It’s still his story)
And it could also be used as a foil to the chaos that was caused by quirks when they first emerged. Back then there was AFO who stabilized this, in disapproval of this brother. Now it’s OFAs turn…
Then there is still the question of where the quirks came from and what will become of them.
But I’m expanding that topic too far.

Sorry for the wall of text and please forgive my mistakes. Just my two cents

hmmm a viable theory i could never deny that twice was a good guy and i know everything and still feel bad for him it could impact the public as well ig it only depends on the outcome of this war like if heroes win and get rid of the PLF/expose them they will have the advantage if not then its gonna backfire in more ways than one but again these are all theories we don't know for sure how it will turn out this might happen but we can't state it like it's 100% bound to happen we will just have to wait and watch.
Apr 1, 2020 3:36 AM
Mar 2019
axelgon5200 said:
Knightmare5X11 said:

Okay if that's what you want don't remain calm but yeah remain safe I might see you in the next chapter discussion forum and I'll try to get of to a better start lol,See ya.

Fair enough, cheers mate

well since i am here again let me try to present my point in a better way than last time,undoubtedly twice was a good man and one of my favs in LOV i was really saddened by his death too but like i believe that in the end he was a criminal ik its not all black and white but like he had the power to annihilate everyone i think the statement by the random hero here was also meant to put emphasis on the fact that all these guys have suffered but heroes can't let them just wreck everyone you know. Was it said ?
yeah did i almost tear up? yeah like the scene at the end was brilliantly done but at the end i can't blame hawks just like twice he was doing what he had to do he even tried to get twice to redeem hismself something we all wanted but it is what it is twice was a great man he wouldn't betray his friends no matter what but hawks need ed to protect people too so at the end i think he did the right thing.

ps-i initially only said he deserved to die cause you said the heroes deserved to get punished so that made me angry but yeah i don't hate twice he is not my fav but i am grieving for him as well.
Apr 1, 2020 10:55 PM

Feb 2017
rip for twice, he is too troublesome for heroes to fight that hawks need to neutralize him first
f

hawks is so strong, despite his quirk is only to produce feathers and control it as he like, a lot of things he can pull off. not to mention his talent and ability to spy, deceiving, negotiation, and close combat.

fast and agile movement, he can frikin fly ☑️
turn feather into a dual blade ☑️
turn a lot feathers into sharpnel ranged attack or anything he want depending on situation ☑️
sending a message (code) with feather ❓

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Apr 3, 2020 11:17 PM
Oct 2017
Rip Bubaigawara Jin
Apr 5, 2020 7:17 AM

Dec 2012
RIP Twice.

Toga and Crazy Man sad ending

Apr 7, 2020 1:02 PM

Oct 2017
Damn did Twice just seriously die, his final talk with Toga was emotional. Also Hawk's total bad ass.
MegamiRemApr 7, 2020 1:14 PM
Apr 11, 2020 3:08 AM

Jul 2013
I always felt bad for Twice. He had a real sucky life, but joining LOV helped him. His friendship with Toga was sweet :(
Apr 19, 2020 6:59 AM

Mar 2018
fck a man named hawks
Apr 30, 2020 11:37 AM

Jan 2013
bro fuck hawks so much fuck this guy
May 3, 2020 12:00 AM

May 2016
He might've stabbed a hero straight at the head to save his friends before he spent his last moments but I really felt bad for Twice after seeing him give his all to help Toga out and talk to her one last time even after he was dealt a fatal blow by Hawks.

I can't say the same for pretty much every villain in here but he really was a decent guy. His heart was at the right place but it's just too bad that he was on the wrong side of history. At least he was happy.

Dabi becomes more mysterious the more he casually reveals stuff about himself.

Jun 5, 2020 1:46 PM

Oct 2019
Of all the people who could have died they killed Twice..damn that is quite sad indeed..

Twice actually being a villian died a heroes death..he till his last breath stood by his comrades..

Villains takes the 1st blow..lets see how this goes forward..

~Shinda~

"Not everyone who works hard is rewarded.
But, all those who succeed have worked hard"
Jun 22, 2020 5:07 AM

Aug 2016
no... NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Oct 18, 2020 8:43 AM

Aug 2012
Man, I remember when Twice was first introduced in the anime how I found his constantly saying the opposite of what he just said joke to be pretty annoying. It's amazing to me that he went from a bad joke to easily my favourite villain in the series, and one of the best characters in the series. His psychological trauma was really interesting and turned my opinion around on him pretty quickly, but as the series progressed from then he became the emotional core of the League of Villains, his relationship with Toga was legitimately sweet and his too trusting nature costing them again (or twice) is a pretty heartbreaking notion.

This is one of the strongest chapters for sure, and the ending to Twice is basically perfect. Letting him save them, and tying back the hankie moment from the Overhaul arc with a sweet moment with Toga in his final moments. What I really like here is Twice's rejection of Hawks' assertation that he was unlucky, because it really explores the root of refusal to accept Hawks' help. Like, Twice is whole thing, many of the leagues, is specifically how society rejects them and by Hawks specifying Twice as a nice guy, just unlucky, and someone who can still turn it around what Hawks is really doing from Twice' perspective, is rejecting those who finally trusted him, those who finally gave him an identity. While it's easy to understand that Hawks offer was his own compassionate side, the final moments here make it clear that Hawks' framing felt like anything but to Twice.
Jun 16, 2021 1:57 PM

Mar 2021
NAH FUCK HAWKS HE DID MY BOY TWICE DIRTY. FIRST HE BETRAYS HIM AND THEN KILLS HIM NAH IM DONE BRUHHHH
“Without love, it cannot be seen.”
Jul 11, 2021 12:44 PM

Mar 2021
Come on, Twice out of all of them?? RIP best boy, he really was both the funniest and the saddest villain.

Jul 27, 2021 4:47 PM
Jul 2020
Damn, Twice's death got me cryin hard in the morning....
The last moment i cried while reading mha was when all might defeated AFO, but this chapter is 100x more emotional. My man's a good dude, I feel his pain to the core. Other than that, I got nothin more to say, the replies above me already gave voice to what's need to be said.

R.I.P Twice
Sep 4, 2021 10:52 AM

May 2016
Like it happened with Shingeki no Kyoujin when I started to hate Survey Corps and love Titans, I am starting to hate heroes and love villains. Stain was right (not that we didn't know) some heroes are better off dead. Endevor's treatment of Touya, Deku imprisoning Mr. Gentleman for personal reasons and blaming justice for the same. All of the heroes don' have problem with murdering others in the "name of justice" they are not prosecuted for being heroes but villains who do not give themselves an air of benevolence are locked up or killed and heroes are never questioned about it because they are heroes

Why did Twice have to suffer so much? Hawks I used to like you. Now, I feel nothing but pity and contempt.
Mar 28, 2022 10:32 AM

Feb 2021
Dabi was popping off but Hawks persevered through and brought Twice down.

Man, I feel so bad for Jin. Even though he was a villain, he was a good guy deep down.

Well looks like one of their strongest weapons was brought down. Now only Shigaraki and Gigantomachia remain. They are probably the only ones capable of taking out a lot of the pros at once.

Aug 24, 2022 9:01 PM
Community Mod
💧Focalors💧

Mar 2022
Mar 26, 2023 8:01 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It was the final, his final really?! kekeke
Jan 28, 11:43 PM

Apr 2015
Damn, Twice's character was always such a conflicted one. The author portrayed his morally ambiguous personality really well and tbh when I saw this in the anime it didn't hit me as hard. But I legit tested up at his death here in the manga, maybe because of the added context and better understanding of his character. He was one of the best characters in the League of Villains, it was such a blast to his recent growth. Atleast in death, Twice found true peace. Rip
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

16 by IzanaSolos »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 419 Discussion ( 1 2 )

thebrentinator24 - Apr 3

51 by Biisoo »»
Today, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.