Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 22, 2020 9:01 AM

Jan 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So Samurai 8 has finally come to an end! It was to be expected due to the unfortunate sales, but I personally enjoyed the series quite a bit! I think its pain fault was developing the world instead of the characters too early on, however it fixed itself too late. Good and fitting ending, I really grew to like Hachimaru and Ann!

7/10
Mar 22, 2020 9:47 AM

Feb 2019
Ngl I started getting attached to ann and Hachimaru just because of that one panel where she says she’s lonely. Timeskip Ann is gorgeous too... pretty emotional end.

Damn, this concept had a lot of potential. It’s like when Kishi writes a great story, like naruto, he can’t write women and relationships. When he writes a good relationship like Ann and Hachimaru, he can’t write a consistently good story.

Unlike everyone on anitwitter I’m not gonna laugh or mock a man for failing, that’s grimey. I hope Kishi takes some time to gather his thoughts and ideas and comes up with something that can once again capture our hearts like Naruto once did.
Mar 22, 2020 9:53 AM

Jan 2009
damn Hachimaru kinda died huh he is now living beyond space and time

the last 2 pandora box key holders was shown too damn i wish they have gotten at least 2 chapters each for a little bit of backstory

now Ann is a samurai
Mar 22, 2020 9:57 AM
May 2017
I have been disappointed by this series since the beginning. The story is just too complex, too quickly. It never gave me time to care about the characters. Although the art was hard to understand, I found it to be high-end and stylish, considering this was a weekly series. I look forward to Kishimoto's next work, but this just did not click.
Mar 22, 2020 11:47 AM

Nov 2011
Pretty disappointed by this series.

Story was dull, character cast was insufferable, and I can barely get connected to what this manga's ideas are trying to sell to us. Too bad, really wish Kishimoto can make a better work next time.

RIP Samurai 8.
Mar 22, 2020 12:24 PM

Dec 2016
I didn't expected that Kishi will not 100% end series but will leave kinda open ended. I think it was good decision because he had more room for ending.

Honestly I was expecting not caring for characters at the end but by "killing" Hachimaru he give some sournes to the ending making it was emotional and I liked this.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.86/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Mar 22, 2020 1:24 PM
Feb 2020
So this is the best Kishimoto could do after doing all that planning work for 4-5 years. Pathetic. The thing that I disliked the most about the manga were the characters. Hachi is one of the worst protagonists I've seen. The main characters also had atrocious character designs. One of Naruto's strongest points was the character design work, I wonder if Kishimoto completely lost his touch or if he purposefully made the main cast look as bland, ugly and unappealing as possible. Kishimoto should honestly retire as a mangaka at this point, especially if he isn't willing to draw anymore. The last 200 chapters of Naruto were complete garbage and ruined the manga for me. Samurai 8 was a total joke. He's rich, so he'll be just fine.

If I feel bad about someone, it's the artist. He's very talented, but he should stay away from Kishimoto if he wants to try out future ideas.

Jump's desperation is showing if this is what they tried to promote, in a furious way, even before the serialization officially started.
Mar 22, 2020 6:01 PM

Jan 2013
This was a short and beautiful series. Unfortunately, it stopped making sense in the last few chapters but I can understand that. If anything, I was really impressed with this last chapter because it gave a nice closure to Hachimaru's character and a baseline for the story to continue in our minds.

Ann looked very beautiful.

Sad to see this manga go. Hope Kishi focuses on Boruto
Mar 23, 2020 1:06 AM

Jan 2011
An okay end for an axe, I guess. Can't say I'll miss this.
Mar 23, 2020 1:50 PM

Aug 2008
This was terrible. I absolutely agree with the other comments. Kishi rushed character development and went into endless diatribe about the philosophy of the world. It should have flowed naturally but it was forced down our gullet. Also, he made a lot of questionable decisions about the story itself.

It didn't make any sense to introduce a character like Nanashi, who would have been a perfect love interest and partner, only to throw her away and bring in Ann and basically tell readers to their face, "This is who you will love."

To be honest, I think the real problem is that he probably wrote Naruto for so long, Kishi didn't know how to write characters anymore who were weak and had a long journey to strength like Naruto. Hachimaru started off too strong and facing the strongest boss. That's not the way to succeed.

It was truly interesting but I got lost so much and only kept reading because of the author. It's too bad it was a failure. Maybe he'll return to save Boruto, which is even more bad than Samurai 8.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Mar 23, 2020 1:54 PM
May 2017
I really liked this manga. RIP. I hope Kishi's next work does better.
Mar 23, 2020 2:24 PM

Nov 2013
I mean, at least we got the end without having to go through hundreds of chapters. The whole manga was terrible, but I expect the last chapter to be much worse. Not that bad for being axed.

mcjazzman32 said:
It didn't make any sense to introduce a character like Nanashi, who would have been a perfect love interest and partner, only to throw her away and bring in Ann and basically tell readers to their face, "This is who you will love."
I mean, yeah, the "romance" was really awfully written, but isn't Nanashi a dude?
You all need to watch Nami.

Mar 23, 2020 2:37 PM

Dec 2017
if i drop the whole axed ending part, i don't even know who was this story supposed to be targeted at. it doesn't have any edge or grip, all this samurai nobility and shit is really interesting to young boys? trying to connect the gamers with epic in-game skills and seeing in 120 fps feels like a meme

not sure if overambitious or just half-baked
Mar 23, 2020 2:58 PM

Nov 2013
uninstallthegame said:
not sure if overambitious or just half-baked

Pretty much both at once.

Mar 24, 2020 2:44 AM
Apr 2016
Wow it ends with hachimaru skill's Supermassive Black Hole(reference)

Awesome, hope kishi do a sequel for this :)
Mar 24, 2020 3:10 AM

Nov 2013
Sateramao said:

Awesome, hope kishi do a sequel for this :)

Very unlikely, considering it got axed. Good like finding a publisher that will allow serialization of a sequel of series that failed this hard.

Also, that "reference" is most probably just accidental.

Mar 24, 2020 4:02 AM

Mar 2016
I was pretty excited for this manga at the beginning, but it fell flat on its face real fast. I didn't even remember most of the characters names let alone find them interesting. Just to be clear, this would've been Naruto if not for the editors of said series.
Mar 24, 2020 8:50 AM

Jul 2017
Damn, i kinda started like this manga and this manga already off...

I hope masashi kishimoto can give us new hope, maybe can give help again in boruto story or plan for new manga, i kinda like his art
Mar 24, 2020 12:48 PM

Apr 2010
I wouldn't mind seeing a spin off about Ann and the rest of them..Likely won't ever happen. look forward to re-reading this as the collected volumes come out in the West.

otilia84p said:
So this is the best Kishimoto could do after doing all that planning work for 4-5 years. Pathetic. The thing that I disliked the most about the manga were the characters. Hachi is one of the worst protagonists I've seen. The main characters also had atrocious character designs. One of Naruto's strongest points was the character design work, I wonder if Kishimoto completely lost his touch or if he purposefully made the main cast look as bland, ugly and unappealing as possible. Kishimoto should honestly retire as a mangaka at this point, especially if he isn't willing to draw anymore. The last 200 chapters of Naruto were complete garbage and ruined the manga for me. Samurai 8 was a total joke. He's rich, so he'll be just fine.

If I feel bad about someone, it's the artist. He's very talented, but he should stay away from Kishimoto if he wants to try out future ideas.

Jump's desperation is showing if this is what they tried to promote, in a furious way, even before the serialization officially started.

Just wanted to let you know you're an asshole.
Mar 24, 2020 12:56 PM
Feb 2020
Zeroflamez said:
I wouldn't mind seeing a spin off about Ann and the rest of them..Likely won't ever happen. look forward to re-reading this as the collected volumes come out in the West.

Why should I care about your opinion?
Mar 24, 2020 1:42 PM

Apr 2010
otilia84p said:
Zeroflamez said:

It's not an opinion. You are objectively an asshole. Kishimoto without a doubt worked very hard those 4-5 years on creating Samurai 8 and you are being condescending and shitting all over it because you didn't like it and believing he should retire because it wasn't successful. Creators work hard to bring you stories to enjoy and not all of them will be very good and may even be terrible. But at least respect the author and the effort they put into it if anything else. Say what you want about the work but as soon as you start insulting and demeaning the person that created it you are now an asshole.
ZeroflamezMar 24, 2020 1:50 PM
Mar 24, 2020 1:47 PM
Feb 2020
Zeroflamez said:
otilia84p said:

It's not an opinion. You are objectively an asshole.

But it is your opinion. It's based on your fee fees.
Mar 24, 2020 1:58 PM

Apr 2010
otilia84p said:
Zeroflamez said:

It's not an opinion. You are objectively an asshole.

Oh so you're an immature asshole? Even better. No it isn't my opinion based on my "fee fee's". You are just objectively an asshole. Anyone that degrades someone and discredits someones hard work just because what they created is something you don't like is called being an asshole.
Mar 24, 2020 2:07 PM
Feb 2020
Zeroflamez said:
otilia84p said:

It's not an opinion. You are objectively an asshole. Kishimoto without a doubt worked very hard those 4-5 years on creating Samurai 8 and you are being condescending and shitting all over it because you didn't like it and believing he should retire because it wasn't successful. Creators work hard to bring you stories to enjoy and not all of them will be very good and may even be terrible. But at least respect the author and the effort they put into it if anything else. Say what you want about the work but as soon as you start insulting and demeaning the person that created it you are now an asshole.

Zeroflamez said:
otilia84p said:

Oh so you're an immature asshole? Even better. No it isn't my opinion based on my "fee fee's". You are just objectively an asshole. Anyone that degrades someone and discredits someones hard work just because what they created is something you don't like is called being an asshole.

Those are your own personal fee fees and opinions, not exactly objective in any way(but if you say that it's objective 10 more times maybe it will become a reality, at least in your own mind). I get it that you're upset, but you'll get over it eventually. And you're very mature compared to me, as we both discuss about a Japanese comic book that is aimed at teenagers, on a forum about Japanese animations.
otilia84pMar 24, 2020 2:10 PM
Mar 24, 2020 2:53 PM

Apr 2010
otilia84p said:
Zeroflamez said:

Zeroflamez said:

Those are your own personal fee fees and opinions, not exactly objective in any way(but if you say that it's objective 10 more times maybe it will become a reality, at least in your own mind). I get it that you're upset, but you'll get over it eventually. And you're very mature compared to me, as we both discuss about a Japanese comic book that is aimed at teenagers, on a forum about Japanese animations.

OH so on top of being immature you're also ignorant too? Why am I not surprised? Oh man it's not like you can't be mature and post on an Anime forum as well as discuss a comic book aimed at teens. That wouldn't be possible of course. Discussing a comic book aimed at teens on an Anime forum is only reserved for immature teenagers and man children which you are obviously are apart of said demographics. "Fee Fee's" yeah you sure are proving my point. Yes it's certainly possible for someone to be objectively be an asshole. I suppose someone pushing an old lady down the stairs is objectively not an asshole too and to think they are an asshole is just an opinion.
Mar 24, 2020 3:04 PM
Feb 2020
[quote=Zeroflamez message=59420473][quote=otilia84p message=59420197]
Zeroflamez said:

OH so on top of being immature you're also ignorant too? Why am I not surprised? Oh man it's not like you can't be mature and post on an Anime forum as well as discuss a comic book aimed at teens. That wouldn't be possible of course. Discussing a comic book aimed at teens on an Anime forum is only reserved for immature teenagers and man children which you are obviously are apart of said demographics. "Fee Fee's" yeah you sure are proving my point. Yes it's certainly possible for someone to be objectively be an asshole. I suppose someone pushing an old lady down the stairs is objectively not an asshole too and to think they are an asshole is just an opinion.

It's clearly a given that you're a neckbeard. What's next, are you gonna tip your fedora? Don't worry, I haven't pushed Kishimoto down the stairs. He did push himself at the bottom of the magazine, but that's a story for another time.
Mar 24, 2020 3:24 PM

Apr 2010
[quote=otilia84p message=59420561][quote=Zeroflamez message=59420473]
otilia84p said:
Zeroflamez said:

It's clearly a given that you're a neckbeard. What's next, are you gonna tip your fedora? Don't worry, I haven't pushed Kishimoto down the stairs. He did push himself at the bottom of the magazine, but that's a story for another time.

Of course it's a given I'm a neck beard when you're typing things like "Fee Fee's" and going out of your way to write a whole paragraph of just shitting on an author and his works with no constructive criticism in site. As well as trying to give career trajectory by saying Kishimoto should retire and that Okubo needs to stay away from Kishimoto because of one unsuccessful project. I strongly suspect you're the neck beard unfortunately.
Mar 24, 2020 3:32 PM
Feb 2020
[quote=Zeroflamez message=59420661][quote=otilia84p message=59420561]
Zeroflamez said:
otilia84p said:

Of course it's a given I'm a neck beard when you're typing things like "Fee Fee's" and going out of your way to write a whole paragraph of just shitting on an author and his works with no constructive criticism in site. As well as trying to give career trajectory by saying Kishimoto should retire and that Okubo needs to stay away from Kishimoto because of one unsuccessful project. I strongly suspect you're the neck beard unfortunately.

You're very upset by my opinions, I get it. You don't agree, fine, get over it. You do lack a lot of self awareness, but at least you admit that you are a neckbeard. Kishimoto couldn't care less about us, he's busy swimming in his Naruto royalties.
Mar 24, 2020 4:00 PM

Apr 2010
[quote=otilia84p message=59420684][quote=Zeroflamez message=59420661]
otilia84p said:
Zeroflamez said:

You're very upset by my opinions, I get it. You don't agree, fine, get over it. You do lack a lot of self awareness, but at least you admit that you are a neckbeard. Kishimoto couldn't care less about us, he's busy swimming in his Naruto royalties.

Woah sarcasm just went right over your head. Not that I'm surprised or anything though. You have an insane lack of self awareness. You acknowledge Kishimoto doesn't care about any of us yet here you are shitting on him and his work like your opinion matters to him. Oh the irony. Yes I'm sure Kishimoto is just swimming in those royalties not bothered at all by the fact the work he put 5 years of his life into flopped. You clearly lack empathy. Go fuck yourself bud.
Mar 24, 2020 4:58 PM

Sep 2011
For an axed ending this isnt the worst, but this series does feel like wasted potential even being lenient with the axe, it just feels like while it was improving it failed to properly show its hand fast enough to justify its existence, and compared to some of the other jump series on the chopping block, sadly this one absolutely is the one that deserved to go.

I hope Kishimoto does find it in him to come back and do something again though, but try something different and probably aim for something not so reliant on older tropes of a era that long since past. Like honestly he should make that ramen slice of life naruto originally was, one of the best slice of life series in manga right now is generally about making miso soup so its not unprecedented to make it work.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 24, 2020 9:19 PM
Mar 2020
otilia84p said:

Huh? Kishimoto should do whatever he wants, not what haters POS like you suggest. I really enjoy this manga
Mar 24, 2020 9:21 PM
Mar 2020
abystoma2 said:
I mean, at least we got the end without having to go through hundreds of chapters. The whole manga was terrible, but I expect the last chapter to be much worse. Not that bad for being axed.

mcjazzman32 said:
I mean, yeah, the "romance" was really awfully written, but isn't Nanashi a dude?

How was actually awfully written? Aún and Hachimaru's relationship is one of the strongest points of the manga
Mar 25, 2020 12:46 AM

Nov 2013
realhokage01 said:
abystoma2 said:

How was actually awfully written? Aún and Hachimaru's relationship is one of the strongest points of the manga

They just got paired randomly and went with just one small bump. Se started to like hem because of her brother and he started to like her because he was... simple-minded or something? It felt so artificial, really.

Zeroflamez said:

He's right tho. Kishimoto absolutely failed.

Zeroflamez said:
Kishimoto without a doubt worked very hard those 4-5 years on creating Samurai 8.
I somehow doubt that there was much hard work involved in the creation of Samurai 8. It ceratinly doesn't show. Oh, and don't forget that Samurai 8 was serialized only for less than a year, so if Kishimoto actually spend 4 years to think up this, then it was really just a waste of time.
abystoma2Mar 25, 2020 2:10 AM

Mar 25, 2020 10:00 AM

Apr 2010
abystoma2 said:
realhokage01 said:

They just got paired randomly and went with just one small bump. Se started to like hem because of her brother and he started to like her because he was... simple-minded or something? It felt so artificial, really.

Zeroflamez said:

He's right tho. Kishimoto absolutely failed.

Zeroflamez said:
Kishimoto without a doubt worked very hard those 4-5 years on creating Samurai 8.
I somehow doubt that there was much hard work involved in the creation of Samurai 8. It ceratinly doesn't show. Oh, and don't forget that Samurai 8 was serialized only for less than a year, so if Kishimoto actually spend 4 years to think up this, then it was really just a waste of time.

What is this an asshole convention? You do realize someone can work hard on something and put the effort in only to fail, right? That's reality. I don't know why I'm replying to this when likely you're just agreeing with yourself anyway, due to the poster I was initially responding to has absolutely nothing on their profile. So I'm gonna assume that's an alt of yours.
Mar 25, 2020 10:07 AM

Nov 2013
Zeroflamez said:
You do realize someone can work hard on something and put the effort in only to fail, right? That's reality.
Yeah, and I'm not going to praise a professional just because they've tried. The result is what counts.

Zeroflamez said:
I don't know why I'm replying to this when likely you're just agreeing with yourself anyway, due to the poster I was initially responding to has absolutely nothing on their profile. So I'm gonna assume that's an alt of yours.
Now that's a paranoia lol.

Mar 25, 2020 12:27 PM

Apr 2010
abystoma2 said:
Zeroflamez said:
You do realize someone can work hard on something and put the effort in only to fail, right? That's reality.
Yeah, and I'm not going to praise a professional just because they've tried. The result is what counts.

Zeroflamez said:
I don't know why I'm replying to this when likely you're just agreeing with yourself anyway, due to the poster I was initially responding to has absolutely nothing on their profile. So I'm gonna assume that's an alt of yours.
Now that's a paranoia lol.

I never said anyone has to praise him for the sole reason that he tried. It was an idea he wanted to do since before Naruto was a thing. It didn't turn out how he wanted it to. You don't like it? that's fine. However going as far to say his efforts and everything else that went into Samurai 8 was a waste of time is just down right disrespectful. If you don't respect the result at LEAST respect the author for their efforts even if they came up short.
Mar 25, 2020 12:42 PM

Nov 2013
Zeroflamez said:
However going as far to say his efforts and everything else that went into Samurai 8 was a waste of time is just down right disrespectful
Disrespectful doesn't mean it's not true. I have exactly 0 reasons why should I respect the author. Maybe he should try writing something readable next time. Time and resources were only wasted on Samurai 8. Resources outside of just the author's effort. Jump pumped quite a lot into advertising the series.

Mar 25, 2020 12:43 PM

Nov 2017
welp that's that and what a rushed ending as expected....you know Kishimoto had plans for this manga some stories and adventures in space...didnt get to see Hachimaru get stronger he stayed the same level all the way through..didnt get any of Ryu's past and why he has amnesia and then they just brushed off Hachimaru and passed the baton to Ann....damn shame this didn't go the way Kishimoto had hoped but either way I enjoyed it enough
Mar 25, 2020 1:08 PM

Apr 2010
abystoma2 said:
Zeroflamez said:
However going as far to say his efforts and everything else that went into Samurai 8 was a waste of time is just down right disrespectful
Disrespectful doesn't mean it's not true. I have exactly 0 reasons why should I respect the author. Maybe he should try writing something readable next time. Time and resources were only wasted on Samurai 8. Resources outside of just the author's effort. Jump pumped quite a lot into advertising the series.

Kishimoto tried his hand at Samurai 8. It didn't pan out very well, he learns from it and moves on. Jump put too much behind Samurai 8 too early. They fucked up. They learn from it and move on. Just because something doesn't work out and mistakes were made does not mean it was a waste of time. Everyone involved in this all learned something from this. Of course you only respect the author when they give you something you enjoy reading right? Fans like you are assholes. Go fuck yourself entitled faggot.
Mar 25, 2020 1:08 PM

Apr 2010
abystoma2 said:
Zeroflamez said:

Kishimoto tried his hand at Samurai 8. It didn't pan out very well, he learns from it and moves on. Jump put too much behind Samurai 8 too early. They fucked up. They learn from it and move on. Just because something doesn't work out and mistakes were made does not mean it was a waste of time. Everyone involved in this all learned something from this. Of course you only respect the author when they give you something you enjoy reading right? Fans like you are assholes. Go fuck yourself entitled faggot.
Mar 25, 2020 2:03 PM

Nov 2013
Zeroflamez said:

You know, I would expect that author that already started a succesful franchise wouldn't commit amateur mistakes.

"Just because something doesn't work out and mistakes were made does not mean it was a waste of time."
I literally was though. Tell me a single thing that someone learned from this, other than not trusting Kishimoto with his next work.

"Of course you only respect the author when they give you something you enjoy reading right? "
That's how that generally works, yes. What's wrong with that?

And are you really going for personal insults because someone doesn't fanboy an author? Well, I guess this pure uncritical consumerism is what's needed to even be able to read this manga without cringing.

Mar 25, 2020 3:52 PM

Apr 2010
abystoma2 said:
Zeroflamez said:

You know, I would expect that author that already started a succesful franchise wouldn't commit amateur mistakes.

"Just because something doesn't work out and mistakes were made does not mean it was a waste of time."
I literally was though. Tell me a single thing that someone learned from this, other than not trusting Kishimoto with his next work.

"Of course you only respect the author when they give you something you enjoy reading right? "

And are you really going for personal insults because someone doesn't fanboy an author? Well, I guess this pure uncritical consumerism is what's needed to even be able to read this manga without cringing.

The fact you can't see anything wrong with conditional respect shows a lot about your character. You only respect people when they are actively giving you what you want is quite pathetic. No, I'm going for personal insults because I'm tired of fans like you shitting on authors and consistently expecting them to give you something amazing every time. I don't have a problem with people criticizing works or authors nor do I expect people to fan boy these authors or praise them for their flops. But at least have the fucking decency to not discredit the time and effort everyone involved put into making the manga. Why am I even bothering? people like you have no character and lack any kind of empathy.
Mar 25, 2020 6:18 PM
Mar 2020
Zeroflamez said:
abystoma2 said:

The fact you can't see anything wrong with conditional respect shows a lot about your character. You only respect people when they are actively giving you what you want is quite pathetic. No, I'm going for personal insults because I'm tired of fans like you shitting on authors and consistently expecting them to give you something amazing every time. I don't have a problem with people criticizing works or authors nor do I expect people to fan boy these authors or praise them for their flops. But at least have the fucking decency to not discredit the time and effort everyone involved put into making the manga. Why am I even bothering? people like you have no character and lack any kind of empathy.

He said uncritical consumerism, what an idiot. As ir the people that liked this manga was not critical.

BTW, don't complain about personal attacks, when you start to talk crap about the autor himself.
Mar 25, 2020 6:42 PM

Apr 2010
realhokage01 said:
Zeroflamez said:

He said uncritical consumerism, what an idiot. As ir the people that liked this manga was not critical.

BTW, don't complain about personal attacks, when you start to talk crap about the autor himself.

They are both fucking retarded. Don't waste your breath. After telling them multiple times that it isn't about the fact they dislike the manga and dislike Kishimoto himself but the fact they feel the need to degrade Kishimoto and discredit him solely because his follow up series wasn't well received and got cancelled. Yet they still can't comprehend that,
Mar 31, 2020 9:26 AM

Nov 2013
Zeroflamez said:

Respect needs to be earned. Otherwise it's no respect. Unconditional respect is no repect at all, just blindness.

Anyway, you're making a wrong assumption. You think that I would loose respect for an author if they publish even one bad title. That's not right at all. You see, as I see it, Kishimoto hasn't published any good title. It's just that Samurai 8 is the worst by a large margin. Should I respect an author with no good works just because they've "tried"? Why? Respect is not a free hand out and to think that we somehow owe it to someone just because that someone spend some time on something is only entitled.

realhokage01 said:

I criticized the author based on his work. This dude is just straight up name-calling because he's the big angery. Pathetic.

Apr 1, 2020 3:23 PM

Jul 2019
This manga made no sense and sucked hard.
Apr 4, 2020 4:21 AM

Aug 2015
Crap end for a super crap manga,seriously disappointed in kishimoto.nothing was good in this series.characters,art,story,romance were all underwhelming

He should learn from Hiro mashima and seo kouji on how to create consistently good series,hope he does not turn out to be a one hit wonder
May 12, 2020 10:54 AM

Jan 2019
Didn't like this manga so much. I've paused it on chapter 34 and just read all the remaining chapters after knowing it was completed. For me it's 6/10
Jun 21, 2020 2:17 AM
May 2020
Cliche and all over the place. Not enjoyable at all. The art was good though. 4/10.
Jul 30, 2020 12:37 AM

Mar 2020
Kishimoto was smoking dick when he wrote this shit
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Better than a 5 out of 10 rating

Fullmetaldak - Apr 29

7 by -DxP- »»
May 3, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Samurai 8: Hachimaru Den Chapter 42 Discussion

deg - Mar 15, 2020

4 by Ranxomare »»
Jan 17, 2023 11:40 AM

Poll: » Samurai 8: Hachimaru Den Chapter 41 Discussion

deg - Mar 8, 2020

9 by Ranxomare »»
Jan 17, 2023 11:37 AM

Poll: » Samurai 8: Hachimaru Den Chapter 40 Discussion

deg - Mar 1, 2020

10 by Ranxomare »»
Jan 17, 2023 11:33 AM

Poll: » Samurai 8: Hachimaru Den Chapter 39 Discussion

deg - Feb 21, 2020

12 by Ranxomare »»
Jan 17, 2023 11:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.