Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 23, 2020 2:05 AM

Feb 2010
Babylonia is the best singularity in FGO imo. The anime was okay but I do have my problems with it. However, I'm not really interested in listing those problems as the number one thing I wanted was a Gilgamesh and Enkidu flashback and I got it in the final episode. Also making the final episode the best episode of the series. I don't know what it offers to others but for me as a fan of these characters, I am happy.
Mar 23, 2020 4:13 AM

Feb 2014
AwesomeAlfie27 said:
Meta_Yoshi said:
I'm a bit bemused with this discussion thread. Half of it is filled with users giving good reasons why they enjoyed or felt let down by Babylonia, then the other half resembles a cesspit full of toxic users ranting at each other with countless paragraphs, trying to make their point more valid than the other. Nothing ever changes, huh? -_-

Anyway, my thoughts on this adaptation? Simply put, I think it was great.

That's not without it the odd fault or two. Anyone thinking that the anime could be successful with a 1:1 adaptation of the game's seventh singularity should look themselves in a mirror and question their stupidity. The narration of the story does have its weak poinst early on before things get really serious when Gorgon got into action, both here and in the original game.

However, I have to applaud Cloverworks for their efforts. Aside from some CGI models being iffy (Lahmu CGI models were very good, though), the visuals and animation was excellent, with episode 8 and 18 showcasing some stunning and jawdropping fluidity that had most of the Fate fanbase in awe.

The character dialogue and comedic moments were very enjoyable and most were done far better in the anime than in the game, which does make me happy. =D

8/10 will be my final score and I'm already hyped up for the upcoming Soloman animation in the future. It's great to be a FGO fan right now! ^_^

Welcome to MAL forums my friend

Are you really surprised?

Not at all. I sometimes think that these forums can offer a bit of common sense every now and then, but I get a dose of reality and realise that wishful thinking like that is rather stupid and futile. XD

To be honest, the discussion thread for FGO Babylonia as a whole was a lot less toxic compared to when Unlimited Blade Works was airing in 2014 and 2015. You should've been around to see how toxic THAT was. >.<
Mar 23, 2020 4:35 AM

Aug 2009
Imagine calling arguments without name calling between fans, toxic because they are passionate about a series.

We should just delete forums then.
Mar 23, 2020 4:44 AM

Jan 2013
ssjokg said:
Imagine calling arguments without name calling between fans, toxic because they are passionate about a series.

The sentinement "if you have nothing nice to say, stay quiet" has been running rampant in episode discussions recently.
Mar 23, 2020 4:56 AM

Aug 2009
CondemneDio said:
ssjokg said:

The sentinement "if you have nothing nice to say, stay quiet" has been running rampant in episode discussions recently.

Hm?

You say that about fans?Because we are the first to point out heavy problems.Even if we dont agree about what is a problem or not.
Mar 23, 2020 5:00 AM

Jan 2013
ssjokg said:
CondemneDio said:

Hm?

You say that about fans?Because we are the first to point out heavy problems.Even if we dont agree about what is a problem or not.

I usually find over half of the fans are the type of people who get offended when you don't enjoy the thing, or point out its flaws.
Mar 23, 2020 5:11 AM

Aug 2009
CondemneDio said:
ssjokg said:

Hm?

I usually find over half of the fans are the type of people who get offended when you don't enjoy the thing, or point out its flaws.

There is no issue if it is a problem.Now if they start saying that Gil is badly written because he isnt edgy like in Zero, like a certain review when Babylonia started airing, then yeah we will be annoyed.
ssjokgMar 23, 2020 9:19 AM
Mar 23, 2020 7:59 AM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
Gil is badly written because he isnt edgy like in Zero

Gil doesn't even sip on wine while smiling sadistically at the sight of a person pushed to the point of choking the love of his life to death. SMFH.

Garbage show/10. Should've been written by Urobuchi.
Mar 23, 2020 8:27 AM

Apr 2014
This was a long journey. I'm relly happy that we get the Solomon part getting animated too. I wish other Singularities would get an adaptation too.
Mar 23, 2020 9:23 AM

Aug 2009
astroprogs said:
ssjokg said:
Gil is badly written because he isnt edgy like in Zero

Gil doesn't even sip on wine while smiling sadistically at the sight of a person pushed to the point of choking the love of his life to death. SMFH.

He happily sips some ale at the sight of his capital being destroyed.

Urobuchi only dreams of such edgyness.You are such a casual for not realizing it.
Mar 23, 2020 9:39 AM

Apr 2017
https://i.ibb.co/vBH4p4x/IMG-20200323-193607.jpg

The amount of cringe in his dialogues with goddesses is unbearable.
solidssMar 23, 2020 9:48 AM
Mar 23, 2020 9:48 AM

Aug 2015
What does split cour mean?
Mar 23, 2020 9:50 AM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
astroprogs said:

He happily sips some ale at the sight of his capital being destroyed.

Urobuchi only dreams of such edgyness.You are such a casual for not realizing it.

Ugh, now I feel as rekt and one-upped as Saber in the Banque of Kings.
Mar 23, 2020 9:52 AM

Aug 2010
watercolorsanime said:
What does split cour mean?

12-13 episodes airing in 3 months (1st cour) >>> 3 months break with no episodes airing (split cour) >>> 12-13 more episodes airing in the next 3 months for a total of 24-26 episdoes (2nd cour).
Mar 23, 2020 10:01 AM

Aug 2015
Sorry, I mixed this up with the other topic. Should I watch this series?
Mar 23, 2020 10:02 AM

Aug 2009
watercolorsanime said:
Sorry, I mixed this up with the other topic. Should I watch this series?

Have you watched any other people Fate??
Mar 23, 2020 11:38 AM
Jul 2019

Ya know this was probably the only Type Moon franchise that the character were able to hold and have that Holy Grail thing.
Mar 23, 2020 12:00 PM

Sep 2019
Idk to me it was just felt like a giant festival of unknown characters. The story doesn't impressed me whatever but the animation, sound & character design was top notch.

Don't know what I think about the MC (maybe calling Fugimaru garbage charecter would be more accurate)

Well the waifus the good shit is the main reason I continued this show.

5/10
Mar 23, 2020 12:05 PM

Sep 2019
Horn_dawg_2019 said:

Ya know this was probably the only Type Moon franchise that the character were able to hold and have that Holy Grail thing.
hahaha true lol. But to be accurate i don't think that was the original holy Grail.
Mar 23, 2020 12:55 PM

Aug 2010
Avichii said:
Idk to me it was just felt like a giant festival of unknown characters.

I mean, the show literally has Gil, Tsun Rin, Dere blonde Rin, Medusa, and Taiga as most of its main cast with the most screentime after the MC...
Mar 23, 2020 2:31 PM

May 2018
So they never did show Quetz kissing Fujimaru
Mar 23, 2020 3:50 PM

Jul 2017
Great journey through the FGO universe i must say!

Talking about the whole thing in general, in the end, i'm quite satisfied with this experience, strongest point was the story and some of the characters too. Never played the game before, but as an anime only watcher, yeah, i'm sold on this, i might even check out the game later on!

8/10, waiting patiently for what is coming next!
Mar 23, 2020 7:38 PM

Aug 2019
very pleased with this anime, honestly everything about it was amazing for me, i genuinely feel like i was in the story itself, feeling what characters felt and looking back i can confidently say that even though i haven't played this singularity yet, cloverwork has done an amazing job explaining it (maybe building off it as well?)
Animation overall was amazing, so many memorable fights (personal favourite being ushi vs gorgon) and scenes that made me tear up or make me smile with joy. Noble phantasms were amazing well done, felt like they all showed off the true potential of servants.
Sound effects were actually orgasmic, clover work really went all out with this which im very pleased by. Everything sounded so much more realistic from gorgons lazer beams, to explosions in the distance or Gils mortar barrage. For me the attention to sound put a big smile on my face and happy they did so much on it.
in conclusion, cloverworks well done that was an amazing watch, 10/10 would recommended to anyone who loves the fate franchise and will definitely buy the Blu ray version of this anime when available.
super hyped for the camelot movie now keep it up!
Mar 24, 2020 8:40 AM

Nov 2012
Curses, I wanted to see Merlin get beat down and wrestled, idk why they skipped it. Oh well, great anime.
Jaywalker.
Mar 24, 2020 12:10 PM
Jul 2018
After finishing it, I have to say that this has got to be one of the better spin off shows from the fate series. As someone who plays fate grand order, this was a masterpiece adaptation. Because I'm biased, I'm giving this a 10/10, if I came in clueless and didn't know what to expect, I'd probably go with an 8/10. I see that a lot of people are complaining about Ritsuka's character and how lifeless he is, but people have to understand that he was meant not to have much of a personality since he's literally a blank character in a mobile game. So far from best to worst protagonist in my opinion Shirou > Illya > Hakuno (Do not mistake for HAKUNO) > Kiritsugu (Sorry Fate Zero fans, although he had a lot of character depth, he pulled a lot of sasuke moves) > Ritsuka > Waver > Sieg > HAKUNO (yes this is the one that pulled the dead face bs)
I can't forget about GUDAKO, but she's on a tier on her own. As for the other protagonist, I'm not so sure...
Either way I'm happy with this adaptation.
Mar 24, 2020 12:24 PM

Sep 2010
TAK_PROJECT said:
After finishing it, I have to say that this has got to be one of the better spin off shows from the fate series. As someone who plays fate grand order, this was a masterpiece adaptation. Because I'm biased, I'm giving this a 10/10, if I came in clueless and didn't know what to expect, I'd probably go with an 8/10. I see that a lot of people are complaining about Ritsuka's character and how lifeless he is, but people have to understand that he was meant not to have much of a personality since he's literally a blank character in a mobile game. So far from best to worst protagonist in my opinion Shirou > Illya > Hakuno (Do not mistake for HAKUNO) > Kiritsugu (Sorry Fate Zero fans, although he had a lot of character depth, he pulled a lot of sasuke moves) > Ritsuka > Waver > Sieg > HAKUNO (yes this is the one that pulled the dead face bs)
I can't forget about GUDAKO, but she's on a tier on her own. As for the other protagonist, I'm not so sure...

A noncharacter like Ritsuka is incapable to be in front of anything, let alone Waver, one of the best characters in the Franchise.
Mar 24, 2020 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
Thess said:
TAK_PROJECT said:

A noncharacter like Ritsuka is incapable to be in front of anything, let alone Waver, one of the best characters in the Franchise.
I quite agree actually... It's really hard to work on something when there's really nothing to work with. They at least tried though so I'll give them credit for that.
Mar 25, 2020 9:35 PM
May 2016
Loved it, and never played the game so I went in blind. Looking forward to the movies.
Mar 26, 2020 12:57 AM

Sep 2016
Loved the show, but I have a few questions.
What happens to Gilgamesh after this? Does he die? Or was he already killed by the laser shot by Tiamat? Wasn't he supposed to have died a natural death?
Mar 26, 2020 6:04 AM

Aug 2009
NothinComplexPls said:
What happens to Gilgamesh after this? Does he die? Or was he already killed by the laser shot by Tiamat? Wasn't he supposed to have died a natural death?

The Singularities are incorrect history that must be return to normal or else the present world where Chaldea is located will be destroyed.Gorgon, kingu and Tiamat attacking Uruk isnt something that happened in history(both in real legend and in Fate).
The Singularity will slowly correct itself but some stuff will end up the same.

Gilgamesh dying is a given regardless of that.His death or the death of thousands of his people we saw wont change since it doesnt matter for the proper timeline that they survive.
What matters is that the civilization of Uruk will survive through those few that returned after they won.

Ofc that is an extreme case.Other Singularities were way more fucked up(even if they were less difficult)and were immediately "destroyed" one way or another from the World after Chaldea secures the Holy Grail in those missions.

Mar 27, 2020 4:34 AM
Sep 2009
That's a pity that a tv show with amazing art gets such a shitty script.
Mar 27, 2020 6:23 AM

Feb 2014
( + ) The fighting scenes were very nice. As expected from Ufotable;

( - ) It felt boring at some times (due to the pace, I guess);

( +/- more negative than positive though ) It was somewhat confusing. The overall I managed to get, though;

( - ) Now this is personal, but all those monster + new humanity plot were kinda... I don't know... didnt please me much;

( +/- ) Tiamat CGI was kinda strange, I confess, looked like a very big figure. I got used to it after a time but I would still prefer it not being a CGI.

Anyway, in general it was a good anime and I now let's wait for the second season ^.^

7/10

PS.: I do not play the Visual Novel.

By the way, the best Gilgamesh is from Grand Order, imo.
TechOtakuMar 27, 2020 9:10 AM
Mar 27, 2020 12:33 PM

Aug 2010
Vi- said:

This show wasn't made by ufotable BTW. This is made by CloverWorks: https://myanimelist.net/anime/producer/1835/CloverWorks
Mar 27, 2020 1:01 PM

Feb 2014
astroprogs said:
Vi- said:

This show wasn't made by ufotable BTW. This is made by CloverWorks: https://myanimelist.net/anime/producer/1835/CloverWorks

lol indeed! I haven't realized that.

I instinctively associated Fate with Ufotable lol CloverWorks did a good job with the animation.

Thanks for letting me know
Mar 28, 2020 11:17 PM

Sep 2016
ssjokg said:
NothinComplexPls said:

The Singularities are incorrect history that must be return to normal or else the present world where Chaldea is located will be destroyed.Gorgon, kingu and Tiamat attacking Uruk isnt something that happened in history(both in real legend and in Fate).
The Singularity will slowly correct itself but some stuff will end up the same.

Gilgamesh dying is a given regardless of that.His death or the death of thousands of his people we saw wont change since it doesnt matter for the proper timeline that they survive.
What matters is that the civilization of Uruk will survive through those few that returned after they won.

Ofc that is an extreme case.Other Singularities were way more fucked up(even if they were less difficult)and were immediately "destroyed" one way or another from the World after Chaldea secures the Holy Grail in those missions.

Oh that makes sense. Thanks!
Mar 31, 2020 2:30 AM

May 2017
Swagernator said:
So it finally ended huh .. well time to break the euphorium, because babylonia TV anime is a great example of when form wins over content. On one side we have most of the time high quality animation, beautiful character designs, amazing ost .. but on the other hand the void when comes to its story, or characters .. most of the characters rely on characterizations from their different Fate/self. Like Ishtar , just reskined Rin from fsn, Gil ? just gil from fsn again just less edge and mongreling around. Eresh ? Just reskined Ishtar of reskined Rin. Quetzs, Leonidas, Ushiwakamaru or Sidur- .. literally THE who ? "Enkidu" ? Dude majority of the story he dont know who he wants to be (just like Nasu when he wrote this chapter). Jaguar man ? again .. fsn saving the day. Mash ? If you think she actually got a character development in those previous singularities, she dont. Shes "ganbatte" this "ganbarimasu" that girl that is here to cheer the mc everytime he is written to not know what to do. Camelot was where her character reached its peak, here she is again just another supporting girl in mc-kun harem.

Yes the MC .. dont you even think about it, an empty box since day one. You cant build a serious story when the main character literaly does not exist. It took them 5 singularities and a prologue to come up with a story that is somehow at least worth the adaptation, that speaks for it self. The attempts from the anime staff to inject an actual personality are worth a mention but in the end its not enough. This show is being heavily carried by your previous knowledge of fate instalments, so in the end this show cant stand on its own. You gonna gatekeep that this was made for die-hard fans ? Yes it was .. so fans now accept mediocre plot packed in a high quality animation package ? With some jpeg waifus brought to life as a bonus ? Story arcs that are being written for events and for meeting the release deadlines ? Give me a break.

Now, i dont blame the anime team for this .. the team just did their best with what was given to them. The problem was brought with the source material. Before whales gonna eat me alive i enjoyed this anime, but only its form. Before they gonna tell me "bUt yOU nEEd tO REaD tHe prEViouS sInGUlarITieS tO trUly uNDerStaND" i did, they bad. The plot structure and character writting in them is as thin as a paper, almost as bad as the rest of the game itself. Camelot and Babylonia are the only ones "worth" an adaptation (even fgo fans knew that, that's why they voted for those two the most lol), but even that adaptation is only like a tech demo, where you just flex how good all looks and moves, but that's it. It's like remaking a white board .. you can put a new paint on it but its still just a blank white board ... with holes.

Now little off topic, if you finished this show and you're like "Uuu, this was great i cant wait to see whats next for fgo in terms of anime" well, guess what .. this was the peak of fgo, everything after this point is a soup of uninteresting story arcs and in general lack of ideas or direction. Well, that is if you're not a fan of gundams or constant reuse of already known characters ofc, if you are, then you gonna have a time of your life.

6/10. It would actually be 4/10 but i like Rin so. If this is the standard for fate in terms of TV then God help us all. Third HF movie can't come soon enough so i can bleach my eyes with it. Again, i'm not disappointed with this show, i simply knew exactly what it will be even before it was out. Just visually stunning parade full of community popular characters to boost sales of a mobage, nothing to call home about and definitely not worth the fandom overhype.

uninstallthegame said:
watching it for above average to good action scenes and waifu content was enough

This man gets it.

This man gets it. Summed up my general thoughts about this anime. Uninteresting characters and a boring story shrouded by an insane production. Episode 18 was fucking insane not gonna lie but besides that a quite mediocre watch. Went into this for the production and gilgamesh and I guess I'm decently satisfied, never expected this to be amazing in the first place.
Apr 1, 2020 3:45 AM

Apr 2016
OK so who is Merlin referring to, here?

https://imgur.com/a/E9EH08b
"Nothing in this world is coincidence. Everything is hitsuzen."

Apr 1, 2020 4:53 AM

Aug 2009
Apr 1, 2020 2:03 PM

May 2014
I loved it. It was great, especially at the beginning. But at the end removing parts and rushing content was not good.

Medusa's part was rushed, Benkei did not even get to use his NP, and the king Hassan bit was too rushed and they barely did anything with him after the buildup. Other than that though it was marvelous to see everything animated. 9/10 and cannot wait for solomon! Really hope they skip NOTHING from there, every minute will be a different character development probably so please, cloverworks, I beg you. DO IT JUSTICE!!

Apr 6, 2020 1:26 PM

Jun 2013
This was better than expected. Honestly I am not a fan of Fate shows but I liked the concept in this one unlike the others where it's just a full out brawl. I initially thought I needed to play the game or read up on the other 6 singularities to understand but thankfully that's wasn't necessary. The characters are decent and likeable. Also got to see a different side of Gilgamesh unlike the arrogant servant he is. The battles were also quite good. The story was engaging. Hoping the sequel turns out even better.
Apr 6, 2020 11:26 PM

Feb 2010
Feels like I'm watching FGO UBW without the emiyas. The only thing I liked out of this anime were the ana fight scenes. Somehow this adaptation made an already mediocre story worse. It could have been more redeeming if they actually left in Taiga's final stand, it would fit this anime very well, a joke.

The only thing I'm looking forward to seeing in solomon
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2020 6:55 AM

Nov 2014
Grand Order > Apocrypha > Extra

Apr 20, 2020 10:26 AM

Mar 2010
What a great pep talk from gil. His string of words and poetry almost seduced even my ears and heart.

Great season, man almost had me in tears until the end lol to be continued..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 23, 2020 3:38 PM

Jan 2010
Kinda weak series overall, still not as bad as other recent fate series ive seen. i liked the animation and sound during the figth, to me the figth scenes were definitly the best and really the only reason to watch this. the story is really bland and unoriginal and had awfull pacing scpecially in the first half.
Apr 28, 2020 4:16 PM

Oct 2012
So what's the point when Gilgamesh has unlimited amount of holy grails?

Anyway, though I enjoyed this series at times, it frustrated me greatly at other. The thing is, whole singularity changed nothing in the long scheme. Some characters/servants were featured, some stories were told but while we got to see some epic events unfold I felt it was its only point - to promote those servants and don't change the main plot point too much (FGO's story main problem). In other words - even if they managed to conquer Babylonia it still didn't worked well as self-contained story. So maybe there was some sense of satisfaction in between but it left me hollow in the end. The great sense of sentiment portrayed here in the last episode would only work if good foundation was built before.

Sorry, loud effects and large budget, while impressing, doesn't necessarily make great show and while the series shined at certain points I felt like it's falling apart when random directors occasionally took over. Breaking of 4th wall and ruining the atmosphere with unfitting jokes didn't help either.

5/10 Mashu, notTohsaka and notMedusa alone couldn't really save this show on their own, no matter how they tried. But among other Fate series of late (horrible Apocrypha, failed Extra or very questionable El Melloi) it was probably one of the better.

Still, have you seen Oath Under Snow? Although I'm not really big fan of Prisma series, that one movie an exception as it managed to capturethe essence of the Fate series well. Something not seen often in all other spinoffs.
Mich666Apr 28, 2020 4:29 PM
Apr 29, 2020 3:43 PM

Jul 2015
HHHHOOOOOOO BOY THAT WAS QUITE THE RIDE. Ain't nothing quite like binge watching a series like this from a little before the half way point. This was some damn good fun, an absolute blast to watch to the end.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 1, 2020 4:54 AM
Apr 2017
I Do wonder if we will ever get Tamamo no mae in the anime. since i do like foxes and cats as well
May 18, 2020 12:55 PM

May 2011
Being a long time Nasuverse fan, Fate/ always gave me a somewhat conflicted feeling because of all the attention it gets. I still play the game and keep up with all of its works of course. However, 2600 B.C. Babylonia singularity has become one of my favorite Anime of all time, and this variation of Gilgamesh was a once in a lifetime treat. Every single character; minor role or major got justice. I've not felt so satisfied for a long time, and I've already watched it twice.

10/10 from me. I'll buy it tbh. High expectations for the Camelot movie and Solomon now.
May 19, 2020 2:11 PM

Dec 2018
Haha, ofc ofc Quetzalcoatl isn't dead yet, let them have a nicending, I just wonder why they don't just include Ereshkigal while they're at it.

Well it seems Fujimaru has someone that will protect his virginity.

So that's where Gilgamesh arrogance comes from, although in this show, even after that event he's not as arrogant as he is in FSN or FZ, so that is still a plot holes.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
May 19, 2020 10:34 PM

Aug 2009
Kish0 said:
Haha, ofc ofc Quetzalcoatl isn't dead yet, let them have a nicending, I just wonder why they don't just include Ereshkigal while they're at it.

Well it seems Fujimaru has someone that will protect his virginity.

So that's where Gilgamesh arrogance comes from, although in this show, even after that event he's not as arrogant as he is in FSN or FZ, so that is still a plot holes.

Yes character development is a plot hole.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

220 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.