Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 8, 2020 10:05 PM

May 2016
I finally got to start watching this and want to let everyone know.
quetzalcoatl is best fate girl
Mar 8, 2020 11:17 PM

Aug 2009
matias067 said:
Well even Enuma Elish wasn't able to do anything against Tiamat...

Hold it long enough for Eresh to complete her task.
Mar 9, 2020 1:20 AM
Sep 2018
twoego said:
Gordoxr2 said:

The anime may not make it clear, but Fujimaru helps and supports literally every fight in history, they even comment on how almost he has necrosis on his fingers from spending so much mana
As for plot reasons, Fujimaru is just our avatar in history, someone that anyone can identify with, who really evolves in history is Mash, who begins to discover a whole world and humanity in a way that she never had the opportunity
Well, in the current arc, Cosmos in the Lostbelt, Fujimaru is much more important in history , but it's still something that everyone can identify with
That doesn't justify shit. If he is able to support everyone with his mana, any other of the collected master potentials could've. The problem is that he is, as a character, just garbage—yet he is favored by everyone in the show as if he's incredibly charismatic.

And literally every other person that could be a master are halfway dead. If fujimaru dies it‘s no longer just uruk that‘s screwed but the whole of humanity.

The story never considers him as someone charismatic either. He‘s just a normal human, and that‘s the point. He‘s just friendly and open enough that servants can get along with him, but even then a good chunk of servants were summoned to help humanity and would‘ve helped either way.
Mar 9, 2020 10:08 AM

Mar 2014
That is toughest Final Boss ever, after all those attacks Tiamat still getting more powerful

But not for long, she finally met something that can "kill" her
Mar 9, 2020 8:51 PM
Jul 2013
matias067 said:
Well even Enuma Elish wasn't able to do anything against Tiamat...
what? who is that death guy!? - alright i get it, i read comments and went to wiki...hehe
5/5.

Enuma Elish stalled Tiamat for Eresh to open the underworld. In the game, he did so for 1 hour. In the anime, they shortened it to a few seconds. You also have to consider that Tiamat has immunity to all mesopotamian weapons. Enkidu's body by default, cannot harm her whatsoever as a rule.
Mar 9, 2020 11:59 PM

Jul 2016
Well, that wasn't the amazing kaiju clash I was wishing for but at least, seeing Ana/Gorgon again for a few minutes was pleasant enough. Though truth be said, hearing her voice while seeing Gorgon's body was kinda odd.

Anyways, quite a NPs display galore this episode was. Highly entertaining and though it indeed felt a bit fast-paced, it wasn't that much of a problem in my opinion.
Seeing everyone giving their all in order to slow down Tiamat's advance was truly exciting and King Hassan finally making his entrance at the end has me more hype than ever. Literally can't wait for these last two episodes!

And regarding CGI, Beast II Tiamat actually didn't look THAT bad if I'm honest. Again, it was mostly thanks to the dark illumination and the use of some distant camera angles to blend her 3D model with the background but I gotta say that in the end, it worked better than expected.
Mar 10, 2020 5:19 AM

Aug 2014
twoego said:
Why... just why... Gilgamesh, a King, would sacrifice/risk his life for a loser known as Fujimaru... in spite of Fujimaru being useless in his state anyway. Fucking assholes making Gilgamesh some side character. So who's gonna tell the writers that people would literally prefer Zero's Caster as the MC rather than Fujimaru? Literally, that guy has three times more favorites than Fujimaru... And you know, that says a lot about Fujimaru, as people just despise the abhorrent Zero's Caster. Oh man, I dislike the soulless-but-beloved-by-the-story Fujimaru so damn much.

Humanity's last master has to survive so Chaldea can take on Solomon, the true final boss. Gilgamesh knows that.
Even if they kill Tiamat, if Fujimaru dies Solomon will win and erase human history.
Mar 10, 2020 6:12 AM

May 2018
Oh God, CGI Tiamat vs CGI Gorgon will give me nightmares tonight!
Mar 10, 2020 9:14 AM

Jun 2019
Trojan_Invasion said:
twoego said:
Why... just why... Gilgamesh, a King, would sacrifice/risk his life for a loser known as Fujimaru... in spite of Fujimaru being useless in his state anyway. Fucking assholes making Gilgamesh some side character. So who's gonna tell the writers that people would literally prefer Zero's Caster as the MC rather than Fujimaru? Literally, that guy has three times more favorites than Fujimaru... And you know, that says a lot about Fujimaru, as people just despise the abhorrent Zero's Caster. Oh man, I dislike the soulless-but-beloved-by-the-story Fujimaru so damn much.

Humanity's last master has to survive so Chaldea can take on Solomon, the true final boss. Gilgamesh knows that.
Even if they kill Tiamat, if Fujimaru dies Solomon will win and erase human history.

The Panhuman History as already been incinerated, rather they're going to nullify Solomon's plan.
Mar 11, 2020 10:37 AM

Sep 2014
Really amazing episode seeing all those NPs blasting everywhere.
That freaking Gil smile too...I am officially gay, not really
Eresh panicking was really cute <3
Good to finally see Gramps!
Mar 11, 2020 1:32 PM

Dec 2014
Damn to think defeating tiamat will eventually destroy everything
Mar 11, 2020 10:15 PM

Oct 2010
I kinda put the show on hold around ep 11, mostly because of time but by this point it has slowed down after the whole Gorgon vs Ushi. Decided to catch up it today and oh boy...
Amazing change of pace form the first half, the animations and clever use of the soundtrack (not just this ep, but since ep 15~). On top, some really nicely written character growth and conclusion for Enkidu, Ana and freaking Benkei (out of no where, and what a way to go). The Gil smile (as someone that started the show really confused on how to feel about him having consumed only the animes so far) felt sooo deserved.

A lot of moving pieces in such a short time, but the execution of it all was impeccable. I'm not familiar with the source, and maybe the past 2 ep could have used 5~10 more min, however it really doesn't take away how good this was.
huh?
Mar 12, 2020 9:02 PM

Sep 2010
twoego said:
Gordoxr2 said:
But, well, I don't want to argue, my day was really busy, honestly
I just wanted to help understand his side, not cause an argument, I played all the singularities and many other things, I can say that the player really identifies himself a lot, and that's what he was really made for.
Not to be an incredibly developed character like Shirou or Hakuno , just the player itself
Gordoxr2 said:

They don't recognize him as a charismatic person, they recognize him as someone who recognizes his weaknesses and has gone further than any human has managed
Fujimaru is just a representation of the player itself, it is different from Shirou who was really created with a strong personality
He was not the person who was supposed to save the world , he was just a random guy to cover a number of people, that's why the servants respect him, he is weak but does the impossible to be possible by recognizing your weakness, it's cliché but that's how it works
Fitting for a game; whereas in an anime, that just doesn't work. That's all.

I mean you're right. In the game, "Fujimaru" (choose name/gender) barely has dialogue or actions, they exist as a window to witness the story of the Servants (and of Mash's and Roman's in this arc). Has no backstory or room for growth. In the anime they tried to make him a 'character' by... stealing people's characterization, lines and actions. The brick scene in episode 8 for example, is by a npc Uruk guard, the whole speech about humanity in episode 11 doesn't exist in the game (it's Roman the sole character who embodies this, as he's the philosophy core like Mash has the growth coming of age). In this episode for example, he is just knocked out for an hour and everyone fights without needing their presence at all. Gilgamesh is the one who commands Ishtar to shoot down Uruk which had more weight since he's the king, as well had a more dramatic decision of Ishtar part instead of making it some "hype" scene with no substance.
Mar 15, 2020 6:08 PM

Aug 2019
this was again bloody amazing oh my lord shit went from 0-100 fast
Gorgon scene was amazing, was worth the wait. The twist tho was oh jesus that was upsetting and damn got me in the heart.
God damn Gilgamesh no matter how bad the damage is he can still play push through it like an absolute mad lad
The SFX for his Dingris are on point, like they actually sound like proper mortar fire and really adds that extra humph to it.
Kingu's sacrifice was ohhoh. Like i heard Tell Me start playing and said to myself "no they aren't gonna do me with this song twice and get me ag- ok no they got me again i'm crying ;-;" but honestly Kingu's Enuma Elish was on point
Real merlin coming in clutch made me smile, but seeing him blush. Oh boi like im straight but not gonna lie that was cute as shit
ok but when Hassan came i went sicko mode and got way to excited in many different ways
Mar 17, 2020 4:51 PM

Aug 2017
It looks like: "let's sacrifice everyone so the main duo can defeat the main villain" lol

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 17, 2020 8:16 PM
Mar 2020
Sorry, maybe this sounds dumb...

There is the scene Gil got shot by Tiamat. is there a reason Tiamat targeted Ritsuka?
I mean, Tiamat's presence itself is already so damn hard to defeat with. why so bother to Target him?
Mar 17, 2020 10:28 PM

Aug 2009
Fletarious said:
Sorry, maybe this sounds dumb...

There is the scene Gil got shot by Tiamat. is there a reason Tiamat targeted Ritsuka?
I mean, Tiamat's presence itself is already so damn hard to defeat with. why so bother to Target him?
Because he powered up every Servant that did damage to her? Well excluding Gorgon.

Quetzalcoatl and Ishtar did harm her. Going for the guy that gives them magical energy seems a good idea.
Mar 17, 2020 11:39 PM

Nov 2014
i loved the NP animations for Quetz
Mar 18, 2020 4:21 PM

Jul 2013
They didn't use Gorgon's Final Ascension it seems.

Anyway, what else can I say honestly... this has been a really great adaptation so far. Nothing much to say really.

Also Grampsss!
Mar 20, 2020 9:32 PM

Aug 2018
Damn, i say the powers in this anime are pretty unique af

Its just sad that a lot of characters died just to kill this tiamat and save the "the last humanity master".

Lastly can someone light me up where Merlin had been? i forgot what happened to him in previous episodes
SOP-IIMar 22, 2020 12:12 AM
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Mar 21, 2020 3:53 AM

Aug 2009
SapphyeePH said:
Damn, i say the powers in this anime are pretty unique af

Its just sad that a lot of characters died just to kill this gorgon and save the "the last humanity master".

Lastly can someone light me up where Merlin had been? i forgot what happened to him in previous episodes

Since he appeared in the early episodes till the fight with Gorgon he was a "projection" of the real one.After that one was killed he came personally from Avalon; this one is a living Merlin.
Mar 21, 2020 5:03 AM

Aug 2018
ssjokg said:

Since he appeared in the early episodes till the fight with Gorgon he was a "projection" of the real one.After that one was killed he came personally from Avalon; this one is a living Merlin.

Thanks mate ^
really appreciate it
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Apr 16, 2020 12:16 PM

Mar 2010
Lord have mercy damn that was yet another impressionable episode. I could feel the struggle become all to real. The last form of beast is awesome asf too. WIsh I could be like that old man at the end. Bringing nothing but death

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 28, 2020 1:59 PM

Oct 2012
This episode was good and well-directed save for several deus ex machinas in close succesion. And the way Ereshikagal gave them "an expection" to the rule was also nothing else but obvious plot device.

Still, a lot better than several previous episodes. And Jouji Nakata's entrance are always as badass as ever (who would have believed he has no firm script and is thinking those sentences out of his head)
May 16, 2020 4:02 PM

Dec 2018
Beast II, huh? Surely, that's way better as a title than Goddess of Creation, right?

"This isnt' even my final form yet!!!" continues... I get it now why they're having so much difficulty against this Beast, it's an enemy from Dragon Ball.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 8, 2020 5:23 PM

Aug 2008
This show consistently likes throwing out random people showing up, switching sides and just in general coming up with situations that makes you shout at the screen WELL WASN'T THAT CONVENIENT!!!!!
Sep 4, 2020 7:06 AM
Apr 2020
The literal deathbringer is brought upon the depths of Uruk... Gramps!!!
Aug 21, 2021 3:50 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
They Ritual Summoned a Yugioh card in the end lol

┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Jan 7, 2022 7:38 AM

Apr 2013
So Merlin basically said "Screw the rules" and came back anyway, okay? And "Beast II" was the best name he could come up with lol
Jan 11, 2:44 PM
Jul 2023
- Kingu gone, good animation
- Merlin back, asspull
- The first Hassan? Hype
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

186 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.