Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2020 1:02 PM

Nov 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, only Isabelle survived.

Was a solid series and I like the tragic ending, but it's kinda hard to care when it was so rushed. Wouldn't surprise me if this was supposed to be twice as long.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 6, 2020 8:04 PM

Jun 2014
This was extremely depressing. By the time this was over, my eyes really started to water.

Isabelle was the only person spared. Everyone else died. I knew that France never won many wars, but I still didn't think it would be this sad. I enjoyed it for what it was, but I'm too depressed to give it an overly high score. :(

Sep 16, 2022 6:57 AM

Jan 2017
I must have misread the tags, I don't remember seeing Tragedy as one of them.
What do you mean Tragedy isn't one of the tags?

I was skeptical of how they could turn the situtation around in the last few episodes and thinking that it was going to happen regardless since I thought this was a kid's show but hey, what do you know, it's a tragedy!

Seeing as how this is rated G for everyone, I found it hilariously unnecessary to have the scene of Isabelle showering a few episodes back. Why bother?
Jan 5, 5:07 AM

Jul 2023
Bummer only Isabelle survived the Paris Commune. And she was able to say that she was 'Pari no Isaberu'

Anyway, I just wanted to watch it as prelude for 'Rose of Versaille' which to many people are said to be better. I was warned that this would suck.

Well, it's not exactly great but it's definitely not bad either.

I think it was a shame that despite dressing up as a boy, Isabelle wasn't able to make full use of it.

Unexpected benefit: Now I'm interested in reading about the Franco-Prussian War, especially the Paris Commune. These are just events I can read in a history textbook, but thanks to this anime, I now have some context, even if a lot of details may not be accurate.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Paris no Isabelle Episode 12 Discussion

FMmatron - Feb 15, 2020

3 by patkarunungan »»
Jan 5, 4:14 AM

Poll: » Paris no Isabelle Episode 11 Discussion

FMmatron - Feb 15, 2020

2 by patkarunungan »»
Jan 5, 3:06 AM

Poll: » Paris no Isabelle Episode 10 Discussion

_-_Sally_-_ - Mar 6, 2020

1 by patkarunungan »»
Jan 5, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Paris no Isabelle Episode 9 Discussion

FMmatron - Feb 13, 2020

2 by patkarunungan »»
Jan 4, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Paris no Isabelle Episode 7 Discussion

_-_Sally_-_ - Mar 6, 2020

1 by patkarunungan »»
Jan 4, 9:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.