Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 15, 2020 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ye, they need a plan to get rid of Tiamat before all hell breaks loose. What a monster though. Holy shit.

Pretty much a buildup episode with Gilgamesh prepping and using the info they have to face off against it.
Feb 15, 2020 6:59 AM
Oct 2019
Useless Ishta.lol
funny moment in serious event.
Her Np look cool
Feb 15, 2020 7:00 AM

Jul 2014
I fucking died laughing during the whole "damegami" segment, that was KonoSuba af when they thought they were saved because of the Goddess Ishtar's power and watching everyone praise her (and Gil fcking laughing the whole time too) while she was sweating balls telling them she doesnt have it and ended up berating the Goddess. I really love how this series can casually have comedy bits like this during a heavy crisis. There was so many funny moments.
This is such an entertaining troupe when it comes to Goddesses.
I wonder how they plan on stopping Tiamat for a day. This ep was comedy fckin gold.
Feb 15, 2020 8:01 AM

Apr 2009
The animation for Ishtar's NP is pretty sweet. Also I like how Gilgamesh is just laughing like a madman the entire time at the end.
Now for the complaint: the CG for Tiamat looks pretty terrible for an anime made in 2020, which is a shame considering they managed to blend 2D and CG pretty well for Gorgon.
Feb 15, 2020 8:33 AM

Apr 2016
She wasn't born with the concept of death .. hmm .. only if we had someone who eats death for breakfast ... and carries a giant sword.

Also yeee, they did the joke.

But that PS2 CGI was atrocious. Dont tell me that this is what whale money bring us.
Feb 15, 2020 8:36 AM

Mar 2016
Tiamat is Life herself? So she's basically a version of Xerneas, ok.

Where's fucking Yveltal (aka Bacon Bird of Death) when you need him?? xD
Feb 15, 2020 8:38 AM

Feb 2019
That CGI on mommy Tiamat tho... By far the highlight of the episode was Quetz punching Jaguarman. The best part of the Fate series are those slice of life moments like during the meeting to decide the strategy going forward. Eresh getting embarrassed and revealing her secret plot, the chant for Ishtar, etc. Absolutely hilarious.

Also, the animation on Ishtar's NP looks way better than I ever would have imagined.
Feb 15, 2020 8:39 AM

May 2015
Our worst fears came true... CG Tiamat model is horrid and it'll only get worse. Hopefully they blend it more later. Funniest episode in the show. Best part is the whole Gugalanna ordeal isn't even Ishtar's fault. Lol

Feb 15, 2020 8:47 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
OOOF Tiamat CGI was... ugh
Feb 15, 2020 8:47 AM

Sep 2015
Definitely not a fan of that CG Tiamat. She reminds me of something from late 2000s, like a 3D model of Hatsune Miku or maybe Macross Frontier CG effects.
Feb 15, 2020 8:49 AM

Dec 2014
Absolutely fantastic episode.

Loving how they're weaving the light hearted comedy into such a serious scenario. Was a pleasure to watch.

First of all, ISHTAR NP!!! That was glorious, absolutely stunning shots of her using her NP. Thank you for all the Ishtar love Cloverworks. <3
Tiamat in CG was okay, I'm pretty sure everyone here would've preferred it to be hand drawn as it looks kinda outta place, especially since the rest of the art that's gorgeous but oh well.

I love all the monologues/speeches Gil makes. His demeanor and voice make them sound really powerful.

The war council scene was absolutely hilarious, full of adorable moments from Eresh. Ishtar and Eresh's reaction to bringing Uruk to the underworld was gold, but Gil's reaction to Eresh revealing her 'secret' plot was absolutely priceless, especially when he made the mirror disappear. XD

Damegami Ishtar was hilarious, everyone getting so excited that Ishtar can save the day, especially with Gil just laughing the whole way through it until he found out the truth. XD
Quetzalcoatl just casually punching Jaguar warrior was glorious.

That end with Ishtar holding the Damegami stone tablet. xD

Can't wait to see how they're gonna stop Tiamat. Only a couple episodes left. :(
Feb 15, 2020 8:56 AM

Mar 2016
Swagernator said:
She wasn't born with the concept of death .. hmm .. only if we had someone who eats death for breakfast ... and carries a giant sword.

But that PS2 CGI was atrocious. Dont tell me that this is what whale money bring us.
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Feb 15, 2020 9:06 AM

Jul 2009
Today +

Ereshkigal
Damegami
Damegami NP

Today -
CGI burned my eyes
Well, it culd be worst but is was smooth last week
bruh
Feb 15, 2020 9:08 AM

Feb 2020
Good episode and I enjoyed the comedy especially in the second half. The CGI for Tiamat sadly isn't really pleasant to look at.
Feb 15, 2020 9:15 AM
Oct 2019
Pretty good so far with the comedy and Ishtar NP(didn't expect this now). But Tiamat CGI looks bad. Although the short scene of her showing her teeth gives me hope since that one is 2D. Hopefully, Cloverworks will handle her like how they did with Gorgon in later parts.
Feb 15, 2020 9:22 AM

Aug 2016
I take back what I said to Bel Lahmu in the episode 16. That Tiamat CG was much much worse than I thought. It literally looked like mecha. The Bel Lahmu is a god-tier CG compared to that. At least Ishtar's NP looked cool.
Feb 15, 2020 9:26 AM

Mar 2015
Tiamat CG was tragic, damn. It looks like a playstation2 game.
Feb 15, 2020 9:39 AM
Sep 2018
Welp, time to bring down all the expectations for the finale i guess. It'll be the gang VS clunky looking CGI.

Man that's depressing. All those breaks for this?
Feb 15, 2020 9:47 AM

Oct 2017
Ayy best girl Eresh comes to the rescue. Her previous plotting is coming handy now XD. Ishtar's NP animation was amazing and lets not talk about Tiamat. F for Ishtar and Quetzalcoatl punching Jaguarman/Taiga was hilarious.
Feb 15, 2020 9:48 AM

Mar 2016
dragonsoldier77 said:
Welp, time to bring down all the expectations for the finale i guess. It'll be the gang VS clunky looking CGI.

there's still hope, this is what her final boss form looks like
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Feb 15, 2020 10:00 AM
Jan 2018
I don't really wanna say that Tiamat's CG looks like PS2 graphics, but it DOES remind me of Hatsune Miku. Then again, with all the Fate MMDs I watch it really didn't affect me that much...although I can't say the same for everyone else. For me she looked a bit TOO crisp. I don't know, it's hard to explain.

As for everything else in this episode though...perfect. Absolutely perfect. Ereshkigal's return, Aqua's cameo...yep. Love this series
Feb 15, 2020 10:03 AM
Sep 2018
Aure0lin said:
dragonsoldier77 said:

there's still hope, this is what her final boss form looks like

After today i highly doubt they'd be able to do her head well, let alone her whole body that looks way more complicated than it does now.
Feb 15, 2020 10:09 AM

Aug 2009
I dont get why we need CGI when there was nothing to compare her in scale.

I see no reason why Femme Fatale was 2d but her second stage cgi.
Feb 15, 2020 10:24 AM

Aug 2009
dragonsoldier77 said:

The breaks werent for this tho.
Aure0lin said:
Swagernator said:

Feb 15, 2020 10:33 AM

Apr 2016
Aure0lin said:
Swagernator said:

Cause, the mc-kun was not ready yet.

Feb 15, 2020 10:35 AM
Jul 2013
I expected Tiamat to be CGI but im disappointed with how it looked damn. She wasnt rly moving anyway so its quite a shame that it wasnt 2d. The cgi is why at first i questioned if cloverworks can do it instead of ufotable (since they are masters at blending cgi with 2d) but i was a little relieved bc gorgon looked fine so idk what happened here.
Feb 15, 2020 10:53 AM
Jun 2017
Mika-taicho said:
I expected Tiamat to be CGI but im disappointed with how it looked damn. She wasnt rly moving anyway so its quite a shame that it wasnt 2d. The cgi is why at first i questioned if cloverworks can do it instead of ufotable (since they are masters at blending cgi with 2d) but i was a little relieved bc gorgon looked fine so idk what happened here.
i really feel you bro

The anime didn’t let me down until this one came in
Feb 15, 2020 10:53 AM

Apr 2014
I thought this would be bad cgi but it actually worked well. They used good compositing to blend the backgrounds well with the cgi. Tiamat looks otherworldly and it works. I understand the aversion to cgi in anime but this looked good. AOT Titans looked badly rendered but this was good. Reminded me of Appleseed
Feb 15, 2020 10:56 AM

Mar 2016
ssjokg said:
dragonsoldier77 said:

The breaks werent for this tho.
Aure0lin said:
Feb 15, 2020 11:01 AM

Aug 2012
Damn everything was so good until the cgi tiamat....
Feb 15, 2020 11:10 AM

Apr 2018
Why did Aqua cosplay Ishtar for this episode?????????
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Feb 15, 2020 11:21 AM

Jan 2013
I feel as if all the complaints about the CG are from people who have never seen Berserk 2016, Overlord, and even the original Deen Fate/Stay Night.

If anything Tiamat looks way better than I expected. I expected so much worse.

The reactions this episodes are all golden
Feb 15, 2020 11:23 AM

Aug 2017
We all knew that Tiamat would have CGI, it's not good but still not really bad, they used some visual filters to mask the CGI a little
The rest of the episode was all gold, the Tiamat fight is originally purposefully anticlimactic, but they made pretty good, also Gil expressions made de scenes really good
HachannnFeb 15, 2020 11:30 AM
Visual Novels should have a place in this site, really
Feb 15, 2020 11:31 AM
Aug 2019
Woah Ishtar power looks awesome but it sadly didn't work. That CGI was ok.
That last part was funny, especially the part where Gil was laughing the entire time plus his expressions were glorious HAHAHAHAHA.
TellatezFeb 15, 2020 11:41 AM

Feb 15, 2020 11:31 AM

May 2014
That was awesome. Looking forward to see Benkei's NP eventually, hopefully it's as godly as Ishtar's.

Feb 15, 2020 11:32 AM

Dec 2014
damn the CG on Tiamat though... Kiku should come help already
Feb 15, 2020 11:32 AM

Jan 2009
that 3DCG Tiamat look ugly lol

so Timat cannot be defeated as long as life exist on earth eh i hope their plan to send her to the underworld will work

Ishtar's nuke laser cannon is cool but damn she lost her greatest weapon the Bull of Heaven eh
Feb 15, 2020 11:41 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Meh episode. 3DCG Tiamat was wierd looking, in a bad way.

2/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 15, 2020 11:45 AM

Apr 2009
That 3DCG was downright terrible and out of place. Took away any impression of terror and scale from Tiamat. Ugh.

2/5.

Feb 15, 2020 11:51 AM

Sep 2014
CGI strikes again noooooooooooo.
Loved how Ishtar went from super badass to useless goddess lol, no bulli.
Eresh you little...xD
Amazing reactions from Gil this episode.
Feb 15, 2020 11:58 AM

Jan 2017
Ufff that CGI was just bad,

But that was the only bad part of this episode!

I was screaming so hard when Ishtar sad: Gate Open! Even after hearing it countless time in the game.
Feb 15, 2020 12:03 PM

May 2019
calm down guys pretty sure they gonna make Tiamat looks better in the fight scenes like gorgon

we dont know they may even make here full 2d in the fights soo we just need to wait and see

also great episode
Ishtar NP was cool
and comedy was gold

another 5/5
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Feb 15, 2020 12:08 PM

May 2018
So, that Tiamat cannot be defeated unless all life is extinguish, the only option was to send her to the underworld but it's gonna take 3 days tops and they can only hold out for just 2 days, The only way to slow down Tiamt was with Istar's Gugalanna but she doesn't have it..........

Feb 15, 2020 12:24 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The CG was pretty crappy at ome points I have to say. Tiamat reminded me of of the golems in Rahxephon (if there's anyone here who's seen that show). And that's not a bad thing, they were pretty good antagonists in that series and conveyed a huge feeling of dread, floating around with those weird voices.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 15, 2020 12:34 PM

Aug 2013
Oh shit, Tiamat is on the move and she's huge. I personally don't mind the CG.

Fou was adorable throughout the entire episode.

The entire war council scene was gold. Best girl Eresh was actually plotting against Uruk and Gilgamesh reaction to that was gold. Oh, and let us not forget about useless Ishtar. That stone tablet tho.
Quetzalcoatl just punching Jaguarman was hilarious. I couldn't stop myself from laughing too hard.

Few more episodes to go.

Feb 15, 2020 12:39 PM
May 2016
CGI Tiamat looks good from a distance but not close up. :/
Feb 15, 2020 12:55 PM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:

It's not just the scale, it's the level of detail. The more detailed the original design is, the worse and worse it'll look in motion, especially in smooth high frame count motion.

Considering how the pre-production phase of Babylonia took around a full year, which is borderline insane in the current Japanese animation industry climate, and they still used CGI, you can be sure that the 2D version would've most certainly looked worse in the future episodes.

And honestly, the CGI looks fine. People are awfully exaggerating. If you think Tiamat looked like a PS2 model, then you forgot what PS2 models looked like.
Javera said:
I feel as if all the complaints about the CG are from people who have never seen Berserk 2016, Overlord, and even the original Deen Fate/Stay Night.

This 100% I'm not sure what kind of ridiculous expectations people had of CGI Tiamat.
astroprogsFeb 15, 2020 1:12 PM
Feb 15, 2020 2:00 PM

Apr 2015
Situation is going from bad to worse after Ishtar unleashing all her power onto Tiamat... Sadly what she hit wasn't the true form of Tiamat, but holy shit her true form is HUGE! Also the CGI is fine, my eyes are still poisoned from Arifureta!

Ereshkigal is back and she made a really funny entrance this episode, I mean for this to be so far into all seriousness, that still made me laugh a bit!
I love it when Ishtar and Eresh are both on screen talking, I can imagine that Kana Ueda had so much fun voicing both of these lovable characters!

Love how they used the shield of Mash as a kind of "round table"

The final scene where they thought they had Ishtar's ace up her sleeve was gold... She had lost Gugalanna.. the reactions was priceless, but the aftermath was just pure GOLD!
Feb 15, 2020 2:18 PM

Oct 2017
Lol at that Tiamat CGI model. It's sooo out of placely bad XD.
Like cmon, this creature is not even moving, she's just standing there sliding forward.
Can't you guys just draw her in 2D if you don't have the experience for 3D model?
Feb 15, 2020 2:23 PM

Oct 2017
astroprogs said:
ssjokg said:

It's not just the scale, it's the level of detail. The more detailed the original design is, the worse and worse it'll look in motion, especially in smooth high frame count motion.

Considering how the pre-production phase of Babylonia took around a full year, which is borderline insane in the current Japanese animation industry climate, and they still used CGI, you can be sure that the 2D version would've most certainly looked worse in the future episodes.

And honestly, the CGI looks fine. People are awfully exaggerating. If you think Tiamat looked like a PS2 model, then you forgot what PS2 models looked like.
Javera said:

This 100% I'm not sure what kind of ridiculous expectations people had of CGI Tiamat.

I mean if all she does is just stand there sliding forward and occasionally use her voice to shout , I see no reason they can't just draw her in 2D since she's not even being "animated" XD...

Also I don't feel like people are being exaggerated.
Compare to every other CGI they use in this serie (basically every single lahmu and beasts), her model looks especially bad , blurry, low quality, out of place.
Ventus_SFeb 15, 2020 2:26 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

186 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.