Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 16, 2019 6:01 AM

May 2019
A really strong last episode. It seems like a halfway point, rather than a complete ending. I really can't wait for the next season. 8/10

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Dec 16, 2019 7:44 AM
Nov 2019
I love psycho pass S4, this ending is build more big story, really interesting, and that badass kougami actually make the feel is more epic, the soundtrack is so match, i wait for the next movie!! 2020!!
Dec 16, 2019 11:47 PM

May 2016
I'm disappointed with how Kei ended up being desperate and joining Bifrost but I honestly hope he's better than that and actually has something up his sleeve. I was expecting so much from him and I feel so heartbroken for Arata. I can't believe it ended up with them fighting like that.
Dec 17, 2019 3:50 AM

Jul 2016
Ainchael said:
I'm disappointed with how Kei ended up being desperate and joining Bifrost but I honestly hope he's better than that and actually has something up his sleeve. I was expecting so much from him and I feel so heartbroken for Arata. I can't believe it ended up with them fighting like that.

It ended up much like it started.

Convoluted and poorly paced.
Dec 17, 2019 9:37 AM
Jun 2017
a very enjoyable season, wow - i liked the big amount of world-building and the chemistry the new chars had with each other and with the older cast. the only problem was how Ep 5, 6 and 7 a bit too fast with the religious terrorist group plot, imo. the rest was near perfection. Bifrost has a lot of potential. also i think it's brilliant how the old cast is in the bg. sure i miss them badly but the joy i felt whenever i saw them! the staff knows what they are doing, lol.
i don't mind the plot and the past not being resolved at the end. i don't mind a slow-burn story. also i have a feeling this will lead to something big in the end. in the end, i'm just glad Akane is gaining allies in her quiet battle with Sibyl.
Dec 17, 2019 9:59 PM

Mar 2018
Bruh. This season is as bad as S2.
Dec 17, 2019 11:55 PM

May 2016
Vindicater said:
Ainchael said:

It ended up much like it started.

Convoluted and poorly paced.

It just seemed like they had a history together even as kids so it's such a shame to just leave it at that and have them go separate ways especially with how Kei ended up joining Bifrost.
Dec 18, 2019 12:46 PM

Oct 2008
I'm honestly surprised and validated that others thought that this season was boring as well. As I said in an earlier episode thread, it's a good crime show, but it's not a good Psycho-Pass show. Some series like Madoka or Psycho-Pass were created specifically to explore certain concepts and to have their plots revolve around a central plot twist. Once those concepts are explored, the show loses all of its unique identity.
Dec 18, 2019 7:06 PM

May 2017
So is Bifrost running in parallel to Sybil System? I'm very confused by this season.
Dec 19, 2019 1:14 PM

May 2016
Why Yayoi of all people just why...

the relationship between Kei and Shindo is getting more lose which I find quite bad...

hope things get wrapped up in a good movie which i have my doubts about it.
Dec 19, 2019 11:43 PM

Jul 2015
This season bores the shit out of me. The big 3 are an old man, a whore and a guy who barely speaks sit in a room playing stock game. Even the first guy is more interesting than them

Dec 20, 2019 3:22 AM

Jul 2017
The rate of this season is falling and falling
Dec 22, 2019 9:15 AM

Sep 2013
I really liked this season, its probably because I binged this after it had already been done and could see some stuff right after without waiting (didn't realize there was a season 3 until recently) but the two inspectors were interesting, my only gripe was that they didn't delve much into their pasts which probably should have happened to focus on other stuff during the movie.
Dec 22, 2019 6:52 PM
Oct 2019
That was the worst season of Psycho pass by far, just for one and only reason
Shindou Arata, why is this shit character? 0 charisma, stupidly naive, can't do nothing wihout his shit bullshit deus ex machina, who came out of nowhere, mental trace
And even with this he can't predict the obvious, when Kei get trap, the obvious thinking was to put his wife under protection, nah even that simple thing he couldn't predict it
And i laugh so hard each time he was saying "I knew it" Yeah he knew it, then why using his bullshit mental trace if he "knew it"? When it's dangerous for his brain
The few only good point of this season was the characters of the first season when they was here and the change of status of the PSB, people didn't look like they was respecting or afraid of them, the PSB doesn't seems to be that big authorities anymore
That season was bad, even the second season was better, at least that was not boring and that was Psycho pass, we didn't had any mental trace bullshit stuff
The first season stay the reference, far better with the different movie, after come the 2nd season who was ok
That season, bad awesomely bad, and like i said majoritaly because of Arata and his bullshit stfu deus ex machina out of nowhere, no one never did this before, no one needed this before for being a good inspector and detective
Except Arata, wihout it he couldn't resolve anything even the most obvious
5/10
LeeChang23Dec 22, 2019 6:58 PM
Dec 23, 2019 8:06 AM
Jul 2019
Akira_18 said:
The rate of this season is falling and falling

I would be surprised if anything else happened. They f**ked it up by the end. Pretty shame.
Dec 24, 2019 12:41 AM
Aug 2018
7/10. It was good but many of the major plot elements were not fully developed: Bifrost, Arata's father's past, and Akane. It needs a conclusion to the rest of the plot.
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Dec 27, 2019 11:47 AM

Mar 2015
The way this one ended feels like there'll be another season.. gotta wait for that one to find out what happens!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 27, 2019 7:27 PM

Aug 2014
I know this is really late but why is Akane in prison?
I think I watched everything psycho pass has released so far. But if I missed some scene where she did something bad and needs to go to prison let me know where to find that scene.
Dec 28, 2019 9:05 AM
Jun 2017
Ako- said:
I think I watched everything psycho pass has released so far. But if I missed some scene where she did something bad and needs to go to prison let me know where to find that scene.

it's still a mystery apart from people in Se3 saying she killed someone, but it's probably a lie, too. they will probably reveal the reason in the First Inspector movie or in Season 4. hopefully! xD
Dec 29, 2019 7:20 AM

Aug 2008
Weakest season so far for me, I simply cannot care about these new characters. The ones I do care for are still in the show but are in the background wish is very disappointing. The last 3 eps were better than the rest as the larger picture started to come more into focus but even so when the characters don't grab you its hard to like the show. Hopefully Akane and Kougami can have more of a central role in the upcoming movie.

6/10
Dec 29, 2019 3:31 PM
Jul 2019
Ako- said:

One of the many questions the show didn't even bother to give any explanation for at any moment in the 8 episodes. Literally this season ended where it began, with zero questions answered, and the main plot hardly explored. Was just few cases connected together by having Bifrost behind them and that's about. We didn't get any sort of conclusion for anything, which is why this season fails miserably for me. The movie isn't going to save it.
Dec 31, 2019 4:57 PM
Jul 2019
What a waste of another season. In no way captures the same feeling that S1 had.
Dec 31, 2019 10:26 PM

Dec 2017
I'd give it a very solid 7/10. Overall an enjoyable series that was better than season 2 and continued the universe of Psycho Pass well with great action scenes, some genuinely good character moments, and a main plot that was intriguing.

However, the season ended with too many plot points left open and the ending felt anti climactic and unfinished. I'm looking forward to seeing how the story concludes in the inevitable sequel film but as for the season itself currently, the ending is very mediocre.

And are they seriously just going to do my girl Yayoi dirty like that? A character that's been in the main cast since Season 1? smh.

Overall, better than season 2, but still not as great as the original season.
Jan 4, 2020 10:29 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I was hoping they'd tie a few of the loose ends in this episode but it appears they'd different ideas in mind. Pretty inconclusive and incomplete ending, as a result I reckon.

I highly doubt a single movie will be able sort it all out though so here's to hoping for a 4th Season in the making for right after!

Inspector Kei has fallen down the wrong path now working with the likes of Shizuka (Bifrost) as Inspector 13, sadly. Arata is, in fact, a criminal and now Kei too with this, I can't imagine things to end merry-way for them by the end of the series.

Disappointing we didn't get to know much regarding Akane's reason for being behind bars though but the little fan-service scene between her and Kougami conversation was really nice! Hopefully, they'll have a bigger role to play in future projects.

Roundrobin game, meanwhile, is about to get heated too while Sibyl System and the Public Safety Bureau still struggling to catch up to them. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how it'll play out! Curious as to why Inspector 1's assistant gave herself away too.

Fudge, why take out Yayoi though? ...

Anyway, this has been a very Psycho-Pass unlike Season. I find it funny how people were criticizing Season 2 for trying to be a Season 1 clone but then they reject Season 3 for being different. I'm not saying this (Season 3 style) is the way to go by any means but I, for one, appreciated how they tried to focus and cover other societal issues with a different kind of enemy.

Animation Quality was great at the start but it was pretty obvious that it'd suffer on the latter part (late announcements and PV etc.) so I wasn't too bothered, in all honesty. Story-wise, there were boring and uneventful bits here and there and I feel like they were trying a little too hard to raise the stakes every now and then. It's like one of those stories that you can only judge once you've gone through everything I reckon, especially more so considering this season felt like a set-up more than anything else.

Sound Department was fantastic throughout though, lives up to what one would expect of Psycho-Pass I'm certain. Particularly hooked to the ED theme, Co Shu Nie you beauty! I was super disappointed that EGOIST wasn't in charge of the ED themes anymore initially but I've no complaints now. Please bring them back for the Movie and future projects though!

All in all, it was a pretty enjoyable ride so I'll give this a solid 6/10.
_MushiRock11_Mar 29, 2020 12:27 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 5, 2020 6:39 PM

Jun 2013
I binged s3 and the movies this past week, and I kinda liked it.

I think the movies were a complete waste of my time, so getting to actually enjoy a little bit of psycho-pass was a positive for me lol

They chose a terrible spot to end it though.

I think its a decent 7/10 for me. I do think 6/10 could work too, since the way they ended the season made it look like a money grab project
Jan 6, 2020 5:39 AM

Dec 2018
Seems like Koichi's craftiness is not enough to outsmart Shizuka.

If only Kei wait a little longer for Arata to tell him that the governor is doing what she can to discharge Kei's wife. Abandoning Shizuka right there would be funny, lol.

I thought this would be a boring season but the last episode managed to spread a conflict like a burning forest.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jan 6, 2020 5:03 PM

May 2012
They really established a really great future environment for these type of story telling. Really impressed and while this is rather separate compared to the previous season it still had those core entities that remained really properly established.

Quite liked these longer episodes as they set a different pacing into them making it a lot more enjoyable for me to watch.

All in all a very interesting and pretty great third season I must say, and well with this much of a future world they really could go anywhere with it to be honest.

One thing is sure I quite enjoyed it!
Jan 7, 2020 8:26 AM
Jan 2019
YO WTF IS THIS NEW SEASON!! This S3 was so frickin good!! Holy I did not expect how amazing it was. And DAMN that last episode at the very end after the credits. I am on the edge of my seat for the next season!
Jan 10, 2020 6:50 AM
Jan 2012
Nuuuuu

Kei D:
Yayoi T.T
Jan 10, 2020 2:35 PM

Jan 2015
People were shitting on season 2 while I really didn't mind it very much.
Now this season though... Arata was annoying me all throughout it. This motherfucker belongs in Kingdom Hearts or some shit. He has bankai, byakugan, he is parkour master and overall is the champion of the fucking light. He has all the annoying traits I hate in anime MCs like being naive af and pushing his stupid opinions onto other characters(like hysterically whining about not killing and etc). I would never thought that this series would ever even include such character.
Overall it felt like series toned down the grimness and goriness. It's like ... I remember season 1, psychedelic season 2 OP and now watching this...It really isn't the same series.
combi2015Jan 10, 2020 3:01 PM
Jan 13, 2020 1:05 PM

Nov 2017
This season started with so much promise but they didn't have enough time and the pacing was terrible.

What do I have to do to get a normal 24-26 ep series anymore? The single cour style doesn't work for a series of this depth and complexity.

Eps 1-4 held much hope that they had turned it around. Then they had to squeeze a big arc into 3 episodes and failed at that. Then we got a very strange finale where not much made sense.

We meet the congressman, we meet the last two congressmen's underlings. Things are set in motion, but absolutely no finality.

I'm disappointed in their inability to build on Arata Shindo's character. Maybe that would happen in a second cour? He was by far the best character and they took away his ability in the second arc, turning it into your normal roundabout gumshoe series.

Second arc had sourceless material disease. Like when Hellsing S1 had to build an antagonist out of nowhere and write their own material, it's like arc 1 was written by the true author but arc two was written by a bad copycat. Generic characters and motivations based on arc 1 abounded.

A very uneven season that showed us what Psycho Pass might've been able to do if they could've kept up the same quality through the whole runtime or kept their writing consistent.

Overall we didn't get the same character building of arc 1, explanations were saved until the very end like a bad mystery story. The viewer was kept too much in the dark and not given clues consistently enough.

It's a bit sad to think what could have been, a lost opportunity.

So many ideas going through my head in arc one about manipulation of government power, manipulation of the people. Arc 2 was a shitshow so that arc 3 could quickly close the series because of budget.

Sad.

If they could've gone to 16 or so normal episodes it would've been better. Why can't the good seinen style series ever get proper funding? This series felt like writer and director both changed midway through. So confusing.

I had so much hope for one of the first good cyberpunks in forever. Damnit.
Jan 15, 2020 9:44 PM
Aug 2018
>>DarkInsomnia57
Great paragraph explaining why a lot of us feel let down by season 3! It is a pity that the writing does not live up to what season 1 set up, I could only imagine what that show could had be! It is truly a shame want a anime try to tell a serious and complex story and fail at the most basic thing!
Jan 25, 2020 5:13 AM

Jan 2014
you have ability to tracing past? you're too op for detective. like it better kogami and his cigarettes . as soon i saw the wife my thought exactly she would be her husband weakness, that's too simple. what's with you?? sold your justice and goal in front of your eyes to compensate your weakness. and when yayoi started to record video, welp that could be dangerous. why did you have to killed her needlessly damn you story writer. shimotsuki got ignored by her subordinate all the time lol
Jan 26, 2020 7:08 PM

Nov 2015
Kei got himself in a big trouble where there's no coming back
Jan 28, 2020 10:23 AM

Jul 2009
Well it was going so slowly that even if I was thinking some people could die, the fear went out when Kei's wife was ok after everything...
But in the end, the surprise was Kei turning into a inspector for Bifrost...

And that ending after the credits, can't believe they killed Yayoi!!! I really hope she is not death, she is one of the reasons why I watch it.
Jan 30, 2020 6:06 AM
Jul 2019
So the OG PP cast will all die huh? I mean not many are left and Akane/Kougami are bound to die at the end. At this point it's not even shocking and repetitive, just okay, next. The franchise really declined and is running around in circle with different casts, sadly most of the characters are uninteresting and nothing compared to the first. Wish it'd finally go back to it's roots hit that's really unlikely.

The 30 Sec Akane/Kougami was by far the best scene in the whole seasos but the staff desperately refuse reunite them and moving forward.
Feb 5, 2020 11:27 PM
Jun 2014
Pin_pyo said:
This has to be the worst season yet, the action scenes are the only good points. This bifrost system has been over sensationalized i started eye rolling whenever that word was mentioned. When that congressman bets on infrastructure what does bitrost do exactly? Are they investing in some sort of stock exchange bec to me theyre just spewing out fancy words to make it look cool without having to make much sense. And 8 ep of 45min without even a mention of how akane got detained is just stupid. Anyway, nothing can beat season 1

I agree on both your points. This series should be too good for the "we'll have this because it sounds cool" shit Japan loves to do. It's never fine, but more acceptable with series the braindead series
Mar 7, 2020 1:27 AM

Jun 2013
Bad anime. I'm not going to even get started with the horrendous animation quality starting from ep.5 onwards.

Arata's mentalism is virtually a super power. Bifrost is a dumb and uninteresting antagonist.
Mar 7, 2020 9:24 PM
Jul 2018
Episode 8
> My Kei rating went way down. I can't completely blame him though after entrusting his wife to Arata, who failed. Regardless, he must not have succumbed to the devil. Akane wouldn't. Can't we just bring her back??
> Oh no, with Yayoi's accident and possible death, I hope Shion's hue won't get more clouded on the movie sequel.
> The cherry on top would be Akane x Kogami, for the shippers, at least.

Wrap-up + comparison because it's inevitable
> Introducing Bifrost with multiple antagonist and their different goals, along with the current state of Sybil, can be quite overwhelming, or more like it didn't made me interested as much as the antagonist on s01.
> The development of the character focused more on their past rather than their current job at the PSB. On s01, inspectors and enforcers consistently showed how they are improving (Akane) and failing (Gino) on their ideals, which made me more connected by their them. Meanwhile, Kei and Arata's too obsessed with their past that they somehow aren't really into the case they are solving.

So many questions to be filled.. overall 8/10
Mar 14, 2020 4:37 PM

Jan 2010
Kinda disapointing season. It had some interesting parts but it was mostly boring. Its sad since this world had potential to make a much better show. And in the end we dont even get an ending. Go see the movie...
Mar 25, 2020 11:32 AM

Mar 2015
Never in my dreams, after some quite good movies, I thought they would produce something worse than Season 2.
Here we are, and while this is a better anime(in the sense of overall package, even without ending) this is a way worse Psycho-Pass.

I'm so disappointed, what they have done for god sake.
Mar 28, 2020 12:35 AM
Oct 2007
Psycho Pass 3 wasn't as bad as how some people make it out to be. The fight choreography are definitely still top notch. I actually put this on par with season 2 while the first one is way way ahead. The last episode was actually quite lackluster imo though!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2020 12:32 AM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Cries for the Kogami x Akane scene. :( My have the times changed.

Glad to see this season has gotten a grip after s2
May 1, 2020 12:10 PM

Jan 2013
Whelp, now they most definitely have a fox in their bureau ... good job Kei!
Seems like Yayoi was killed aswell.

I feel like this season didn't really do much, it just wasn't engaging, at least not as much as Season 1.
It was still an interesting ride though and I'm sure "First Inspector" will answer the remaining questions and hopefully have a fulfilling ending.
Jun 16, 2020 1:25 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
The documentary part was a bit overwhelming not going to lie.
Thank god for there is a continuation, this ending was goçng ti mess me up, I hope Yaoyi is going to be okay.
Jun 26, 2020 11:24 PM

Sep 2019
This season overall feñt weird, idk how to feel about it, it didn't felt like psychopass, like, every other psychopass movies and the first 2 seasons had this feel, it ffel like they shifted the style to something way more action packed and tried new things like having 2 proper detectives that go to places to investigate, but the whole world building felt lacking for me, idk if I'm expressing it properly, but the world just didn't seem as the same, the conflict between executors and inspectors wasn't as well made as in the first 2 seasons, the new cast of executors didn't felt as strong either.

But at least is a step forward to second season but also this season is not risking it as much as second season tho, the redeeming quality of season 2 is that they tried to expand the cases so it feel more like a police department than in the first one by having the same people doing everything.
Aug 2, 2020 6:55 AM

Nov 2019
Can't say I'm thrilled with the way it ends mid-plotline, nor the way it sort of requires having seen the third Sinners of the System movie, but overall the series ends up a marked improvement over the second season (and two of the three Sinners movies) in pretty much every way.
Aug 12, 2020 7:02 AM
Mar 2016
Yayoi in S3 is so pretty. my first impression is she look a lot prettier when she has no hair tied.
Aug 12, 2020 7:14 AM

Jun 2019
The storyline always kills someone in cliffhangers. I didn't expect Yayoi-san's death, but it's so meaningless, killing the character in the ending. I hope the author knows his script. Otherwise, it will not be clear what Psycho Pass is aiming for.
lettuce<3
Nov 23, 2020 3:18 AM

Dec 2012
Mao was a swimming athlete.
Dat flashback.
Mika talking to Akane.
Yayoi.
Yayoi interviews Kei and Arata.
FREDERICA!!!!! Along with Nobuchika and Sugou.
KOUGAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dat news.
Koichi.
LMAO at Obata saying "Your balls."
Karina.
Psychic driving.
Oh snap! Karina is glad to see Arata again.

Kisama! How dare Koichi try to kill, Yayoi, an OG? You'll pay! The only time an OG is suppose to die is in the original series. They can't be taken out by some sequel character. Interesting how Yayoi was the last OG to appear then she had more screentime than any other OG then she gets this ending. With that said...

The Arata and Karina ship is heading in the right direction. She's makes pouting faces with him. She's glad to see him again. She puts lipstick on before seeing him. She asks if thats his girlfriend up close to his face. She gives him cologne so he can smell good. And all of this started when he caught her then ate her booty out then threw her and cushioned her landing by making her booty land on his D. With that said....

I'm disappointed with the GOAT and true MC, Kougami's screentime coming off of Case 3. A 3 year timeskip then he only appears in 2 episodes. Not what I expected. Happy to see Kougami and akane's reunion since the movie, but they most likely saw each out when Kougami came back to Japan because of Frederica recruiting Nobuchika and Sugou. Also, happy to see the waifu Frederica.

Oh, and this season was good. Arata parkour and Kei fighting would be the highlights for the new characters. The name of this episode is Cubism. The name of the OP song is Q-vism. Q= Cu. B and V are interchangable in Japan. Ism = Ism. lol
RobNov 23, 2020 3:21 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2019

151 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 11, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2019

130 by venbals »»
Jan 19, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2019

70 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 29, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2019

85 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 28, 2023 6:19 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2019

78 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 28, 2023 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.