Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 14, 2019 10:15 AM

Nov 2016
Kougami is finally back. Couldn't believe it first because his reppearance came so suddenly.

And lol, idol became politician. Definitely interested in this new case and I liked how they illustrated the financial crisis with those chibi drones.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 18, 2019 4:43 AM

Jun 2019
Kagari section.

Great episode! Compared to the bland episode 1, it was really enjoyable. Ginoza and Kougami are back (Ginoza had a great character development since the beginning), and Akane is philosophizing in the background in a cell comparable to Professor Saiga of S1 and S2 (thanks for the subliminal message).

The animation was great (that plane!), and the fight scenes quite smooth, except when Kei is going to punch some guy a strange slow-motion makes the action kind of awkward (it is kind of similar to the end of the opening).

Makishima section.

I am still baffled by this mentalist crap; it becomes in this context a superpower to see the past. Furthermore, it was actually completely unnecessary for the presumed suicide case; indeed, they could have just continued searching for prints and found out the precise place where the doctor fell (with the footprints it should be easy to understand what happened). Realistic science-fiction should rely on technology, not magics... My mind is not ready to accept anything, and one does not need to be a "mentalist" to understand that only Arata is an inspector. Ah yeah, Arata is also a ninja who sleeps in his car, very nice. He and Kei lost some of their belongings, a picture will not make me cry. I start feeling that bad writing will be the main issue of this season.
Nov 26, 2019 5:00 AM

Nov 2013
LOL that whole fight scene with Kogami and Ginoza was clearly for the fans.
Not complaining !

This season still feels like a bit of a side story without the main cast...
Let’s hope there’s some good character development to change that

Regarding what Akane said .... is Sibyl going to finally unveil the truth to society ? That seems like a nice twist , looking forward to that.
Nov 26, 2019 6:08 PM

Aug 2017
I like the part when they explained financial crisis with chibi art lol.

Kougami returned to Japan like he said at the end of Sinners of the System Case.3. I'm glad that we know more about the life of our two new Inspectors. Arata's dad is dead while Kei has a wife and a dead brother (?) Also, we also got Gino and Teppei, I wonder where is Yayoi.

Good episode as always.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 2, 2019 10:23 PM

Oct 2010
I was payin attention watching it but this show dissapoints me.
How come mika didn't talk to her team about the other team lead by frederica?
How come they went to the slums and they randomly go to your local yakuza expecting that guy being there? Talk about lucky.
Why the random yakuza fight?

As for the 2nd part
Why did he use mentalist skill? because they just had to look for that broken window
How is that idol controling her hue? If she's doing things against sybil and her hue is intact, does that mean she's like makishima? And why arata wasn't surprised? He said she has mentalist skills, wtf are those? If she can't be judged, she will be part of sybil, that was the whole point of season 1, but now apparently everyone can control their hue. Or I'm missing something?
Dec 26, 2019 6:13 AM

Mar 2015
I like where this is going for sure
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 31, 2019 7:33 AM

Dec 2018
Lol, Kougami knew already that Mika is annyoing thus he ignored her and outright passed her.

Seems a certain 'fox' is related to Mao.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jan 1, 2020 9:06 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, this was a brilliant episode!

We got criminally asymptotic criminals previously and now mentalists? Count me in!

Akane 'bout to reveal Sibyl's secret on the other hand?

Kougami, Ginoza and the pair, glorious stuff! Yuki Kaji's character pulling off some stints there to save his partner just in time was awesome to watch as well, buddy cops at its finest!

Let the fox hunt begin!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 30, 2020 3:53 PM
Oct 2019
jungsae said:
Did they just gather four best boys in one room

when Kogami and Ginoza with his tiny ponytail appeared my heart screamed WHAAAAT???
Awesome. I loved it. Teppei Sugo also appeared a minute later lol
I don't really agree that The blond woman got all the hot men by her side, but that confirms something happened to Unit 1 - and I'm also thinking about Akane's status - luckily Hinakawa is still there, still cute as hell, writing to Akane as well ❤️
Excited to see how the season will proceed
Apr 17, 2020 9:35 PM

Jan 2017
I enjoy the return of Kogami and Ginoza in the episode and hope to see more of them in the other 6 episodes. Also, the clean violent sequences is a nice break from the amount of gore shown in Psycho Pass season 2. The lack of blood in the process of detaining suspects shows the professionalism of the Public Safety Bureau and the entire Sibyl System.
Apr 23, 2020 12:09 PM

Jul 2017
damn.. Kogami and Ginoza are like a senpai dealing with a spoiled Kohai right there.

this show just gets interesting
need more explanation 'bout the mentalist thing. 'cause tbh its kinda out of the place for this series. but the concept alone is interesting tho. and that Idol also a mentalist? wonder what happened next.
Apr 24, 2020 4:43 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
The fight between the new and old squad was so good, and the disrespect put on the new folks when they aimed at Kougami with the dominator was just too much lmao.
Jul 14, 2020 7:13 AM

Jan 2014
This episode was pretty good! Digging this new season

Still not a fan of the mentalist stuff but I’ve chosen to forgive it, it feels like this season has its own distinct vibe compared to s1. S2 did too but it was a shitty pale imitation vibe lol, this can hold its own ground. It’s really cool to see the world of psycho pass evolve like this

Also: Akane! Kougami! Gino! My heart sings
Oct 23, 2020 8:25 AM

Oct 2020
Hmm..... things are getting really interesting. I am happy that Kougami is back. But what impressed me more is the partnership between Arata and Kei.

Another thing is Hinakawa is still in division 1 as enforcer. But Mika is annoying to me and looks like she is the chief now.
Nov 17, 2020 2:34 AM

Dec 2012
Dat demonstration.
Dat sacrifice.
Arata got hops.
Kei focking them up.
Arata parkour.
CC is 300.
Dat racist.
Dat splat.
Yonehara dead.
lol Arata hung up on Mika.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! The waifu Frederica!!!!!! Oppai looking perfect as usual.
Action is our motto. Great motto.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! THE GOAT IS HERE!!!! KOUGAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an episode. THE GOAT and MC of PP has returned! Kougami is back! Just disappointed about the 3 year timeskip after Case 3 making him 36 now. Anyway, I loved how Nobuchika dropped Kei after Kei wanted that smoke, especially when Kei has been untouchable so far. The OG humbled him real quick. Then the main entertainment... The GOAT Kougami fucking up Irie and Temma. It was so beautiful. Teaching these rookies a lesson. Then Arata disrespectfully pointed the Dominator at the GOAT and MC of PP Kougami. Arata did not know his place. With that said...

The waifu Frederica returns! Looking so perfect. She returns with her Avengers team after recruiting them. So Sugou changed his mind about joining her after he originally declined. lol The only one missing is Yayoi.

I like Arata for the fact that he does parkour and hung up on Mika. When Mika gets owned, its always beautiful. Loved how Kougami walked right past her. She's not even worth the GOAT's time. To us, he hasn't seen her since that case in Season 1, but its clear he's met her since he returned to Japan by her reaction.

PP3 continues to get better, but I need Kougami to be #1 in the credits. He's so far down.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 15, 2020 9:56 AM

Jul 2013
cool to see old characters

idol turned politician and wrestler turned politician...not so different from today, huh
Jan 2, 2021 12:43 PM
Sep 2013
The banking part felt like as if I was watching 'The Big Short' in anime form haha! Kougami IS BACK! :D
Aug 22, 2021 1:17 PM
Dec 2017
glad to see Kogami being back.

Jun 12, 2022 9:05 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
I always get excited when I see Kougami XD
Glad he's back!

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Jun 13, 2022 2:09 AM

Dec 2007
dunno about the 45min format. it just feels that instead pacing up the rest of the first case they taking the time with it and continuing to the next case in the same episode. i do find it interesting though.

i did know that ginoza and kougami will appear, but didn't thought it would be so soon lol.
for now, though we see them, we don't exactly have them so i will be excited about it lol.

that model politician case going to be interesting.
at the veryleast it seems this is going to be some mind-mentalist game.
Sep 7, 2022 1:02 PM
Sep 2021
It was nice to see the season 1/2 characters again
Sep 13, 2022 8:43 PM
Sep 2015
Definitely an improvement over the 1st one.
Nov 8, 2022 8:25 AM
Jul 2020
Previous one was a great start, but this is even better
Nov 27, 2022 1:05 AM
Feb 2021
seeing the old Unit 1 is refreshing
May 2, 2023 10:03 AM

Jun 2013
I am more and more interested in what happened between Case3 and S3.
X
Jun 22, 2023 12:01 AM

Dec 2022
Season 2 had so much gore that Season 3 went the other direction and decided to have none, apparently. Come on, let's find a middle ground. Even the dominator body explosions now happen offscreen.

Still, this was better than the first episode. Characterisation is improved, and handled with a bit more nuance than it was previously. Hopefully it continues to improve from here.

Shaded Horizon

Jul 7, 2023 1:02 AM

Aug 2022
Free the goat Tsunemori Akane
Sep 25, 2023 2:11 PM
Jul 2023
Season 3, Ep 2; Time stamp @18:28 made me giggle and kick my feet. THEY ARE BACKKKKK. My boys; Kougami and Ginoza are back, so sleek and dangerously handsome.

But why they standing over that side?
My candies :

Bonus:
Oct 27, 2023 8:36 PM

Nov 2010
It's troubling to see how many people are driven by the desire for profit and are willing to exploit anything, from cryptocurrency to real estate. This aspect of human nature often leads to recurring economic crises every decade or so. If people could learn to be content with what they have, it might be possible to prevent such crises. Unfortunately, this is not the case, which is why I am such a misanthrope.

Arata is filled with so many surprises. I didn't expect him to have such body strength. I thought he was the brainy but weak type since Mikhail is clearly the muscle. His parkouring skills are impressive!

Angry Shimotsuki is so hot. All she needs is some screwing, and she'll be less cranky!
I thought Sugou didn't want to join the Foreign Affairs. It looks like they managed to convince him after Kougami joined.
Cool fights! Kougami is badass as ever.
Oh yeah, The Inugami murders. I remembered I still need to watch that movie soon.
I don't think he would survive even if the pool had water. At that height, the surface tension will make it similar to concrete.
Komiya has my vote!
Nov 18, 2023 11:05 PM

Jul 2012
Tbh I don't really care about the case, bcz they changed the character..
Idk, I could miss tons of story bcz I didn't watch the movie before..

It is like a normal boring anime without akane now 😑

Jan 19, 11:44 PM
Mar 2023
KOGAMI AND GINOZA WOOOOOOOOOOO
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2019

168 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 15, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2019

151 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 11, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2019

70 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 29, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2019

85 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 28, 2023 6:19 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2019

78 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 28, 2023 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.