Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2019 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah of course, the final performance. It's an expected move for the final episode to pull this off but I'm proud of what KiRaRe is accomplishing here.

A long journey is over for these girls.
Sep 29, 2019 7:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
The "special nomination admission" was a bit predictable but also kind of a cheap plot convenience if you ask me. Nevertheless I guess it doesn't matter too much since the show is over either way

Decent idol show in the end albeit very standard stuff. Though I think it deserved a bit more viewers than this at least
Sep 29, 2019 8:03 AM

Nov 2008
8.1/10

Kirare seems to have obtained a little plot armor to get to the nationals, however it results in a slight missed opportunity as the battle of the bands could've been utilized as a loser's bracket of sorts then Kirare would've won anyway and entered the nationals.

Sep 29, 2019 8:21 AM

Oct 2007
I don't understand. They were specially nominated for what???

And it feels like too much is cramped into just one episode. Only Kirare actually "performed". The other groups were skipped due to lack of time.

Still a good enough final. They make Aone cry and also impressed the other top groups... so I guess Kirare did really well.

8/10
Sep 29, 2019 8:24 AM

Feb 2018
That was a spectacular episode, the animation was great, i knew there would be a bs where stella maris wins despite how amazing Kirare would perform, predictable tbh

Well at least they got to nationals and they're enjoying themselves, overall a good ending.

8/10
Sep 29, 2019 8:24 AM

Mar 2019
They reached me. KiRaRe definitely reached me. Re:Stage reached me. I love them.

The journey of our girls isn't over yet, they still dance and having fun together. They made it or they will make it. I am pretty sure one day they are going to win Prism Stage (maybe in S2?!). Their bond is strong,they have the power.

But sadly our journey ends here for the moment...I will definitely miss Re:Stage. Every Sunday I was looking forward to new episode, they made me forget about Mondays... So the only thing I can do is now pray for a second season like Love Live where we gonna see them winning the competition.
Sep 29, 2019 8:36 AM

Nov 2016
At least two episodes would've been better to wrap this, but it was still pretty good.

The fact that they got an extra spot for the nationals gives me hope for a potential second season.

I haven't seen any traditional idol anime before this one so I really enjoyed this a lot. The characters and performances were just so loveable and full of energy and it urged me to check more with idols.

8/10 from me and I hope more people will give this a chance

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 29, 2019 9:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Their representation was pretty good, they lost but it was obvious.
Good anime overall, really not the best Idol anime but it's still nice tho.
Sep 29, 2019 9:34 AM

Aug 2018
This finale should have been worth 2 episodes for sure for wrapping this up, but oh well.

Still Re:Stage! Dream Days♪ was in overall a very pleasant suprise for sure.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Sep 29, 2019 9:55 AM

Oct 2015
That was a beautiful performance, even Aone shed some tears for her sister. I was more impressed by how everyone cheered for them!

I was heartbroken when they suddenly cried in the club room, I'm glad they made it through. Would've loved to see their performance though. I also Would've liked to see Stella Maris's performance, but I guess they were considering the time of the series. Their duel with Tetrarkhia was also not fully shown, which was a shame.

This was a good series I certainly enjoyed, although I felt it was missing something though! I don't know what, but all I know is that I did not hate it at all. The characters were nice, the animation was basic and the music was good. But I feel like I've this type of setting before in other idol anime, and I've seen a lot of those. It wasn't that different from them, it didn't brought anything new from the genre. But I enjoyed it a bit though and I will [ b]forever dream days[/b] with them!!!

6/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 29, 2019 10:58 AM

Oct 2010
Quite nice show but no S2 possibility afais.

'Next year revenge' route blocked by 3rd year members.
'Nationals' route blocked by 'no song change' rule (it is impossible to get more from current song).
And the overall composition cries: 'no continue planned'.
E.g. no performances for last episode except KiRaRe to get screen time for wrapping up.

Bye-bye, girls~
Sep 29, 2019 12:06 PM

Jul 2015
Would you guys believe that KiRaRe performance was almost entirely CGI?
It looked so gorgeous.

Sep 29, 2019 12:30 PM

Oct 2010
Season 2 seems entirely possible - it doesn't have to be the same girls.

But i was kinda hoping we'd get an OVA for the Duel and for the "special nomination" thingie. Maybe we will.

Decent show overall. Not the best idol show, but far from the worst. I really really liked the characters
Sep 29, 2019 5:03 PM

Oct 2008
That was very nice!
More power to the iDoL industry!
5/5.
7/10.

Sep 30, 2019 3:08 AM

Apr 2011
That was the best performance I have ever watched. Sadly, they didn't win. I think they done better than Stella Maris. I feel teased about that real letter that sensei was supposed to give. What is this 'spot for specially nominated entries' is!? At least they can still continue their idol stuff.

Its an okay show. The 2D performance with no use of CG got me hooked and its a big plus since most of the anime shows use CG. They could've done more performances and better songs thou. Its not bad but I enjoyed it. Its sad that its over.

Sep 30, 2019 5:09 AM

Oct 2007
I understand it now. So Kirare was nominated to be able to join the nationals even if they did not win the prelims.

The way Aone smiled at Mana when Stellamaris finished performing. It feels like a yandere smile.

Sango get a bit of my respect here on this episode. She helped stop the audience from coming out. A stellamaris member shouting at people to come back - that halted some of them.

a season 2 has little hope. But maybe a few special episodes to show more Trois Anges and Tetrarkhia? They were not even shown dancing. wtf.. ><
Liddo-kunSep 30, 2019 5:32 AM
Sep 30, 2019 6:41 AM

May 2018
Well this was fun!
Kirare did their best but it wasn't enough to net them a win.
Still though they had a great performance!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Sep 30, 2019 12:03 PM

Nov 2009
Who are Sweet Apple? Why had we never seen them before now? What are their names? Why are they not in the mobage? How are these characters all so cute looking?

This show was an absolute joy to someone like myself who does not particularly like the idols genre. The show advertised cute and delivered so much, especially with those ortensia girls. Maybe the idol-ing itself wasn't that good but the show was almost always fun with most of the standard idol tropes boiled down to three minutes at most or mercifully ignored.

I'd watch a lot more of this.

~mii
Anise_PunterSep 30, 2019 5:15 PM
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Oct 2, 2019 3:42 AM
Oct 4, 2019 8:09 PM
Mar 2015
Anise_Punter said:
Who are Sweet Apple? Why had we never seen them before now? What are their names? Why are they not in the mobage? How are these characters all so cute looking?

This show was an absolute joy to someone like myself who does not particularly like the idols genre. The show advertised cute and delivered so much, especially with those ortensia girls. Maybe the idol-ing itself wasn't that good but the show was almost always fun with most of the standard idol tropes boiled down to three minutes at most or mercifully ignored.

I'd watch a lot more of this.

~mii

Sweet Apple had already appeared at the beginning of episode 5 in a Prism Stage's promo.

tails2kOct 4, 2019 8:20 PM
Oct 5, 2019 6:50 PM

Jan 2014
Well that felt like your typical mediocre and predictable copy and paste idol school show, nothing new presented, typical mediocre music with a cast of uninteresting cardboard cutout characters.
Feel very generous when rating it a 6/10.
Oct 24, 2019 3:59 AM

Oct 2007
Received from the mail my Kirare DRe:AMER cd a few days ago. ^^

I'm satisfied, the sound is crisp and clear. There is also a ticket number for some kind of contest.

Kirare and Coco Panna complete songs are so amazing.

Nov 24, 2019 2:41 AM
Jul 2008
Too bad Stella Maris didn't perform in the last episode..

I would like for them to show how the groups can win though. Is it by vote or judge team and what's the criteria for it? People leaving the stages earlier means it's not determined by vote right? But Kirare somehow made the audiences like them and asked the judges to include them in the final?

---

This anime is quite underrated. Only 6k members on MAL and there's not even info about VA in the characters profile.

IMO the story is on par with Love Live and the characters are quite unique and likeable.
Nov 26, 2019 3:33 AM

Oct 2007
@LeonLanford

the va listings with pics can be found in Anilist. I like the smile of Sayu-chan's voice actress. ^^

https://anilist.co/anime/103048/ReStage-Dream-Days/

Anyway, this problem is not limited to this anime alone, there are some other new anime with no pics and va's here on MAL. From what I saw at the threads discussing the problem, it seems there are not enough mods to manage putting pics of characters and pics of va's on shows each season.

on a bit of positive thing. Kirare has a decent amount of listeners on Last.fm. 435 listeners.

they also have a Kirare radio on youtube where the va's talk about stuff. :)

Liddo-kunNov 26, 2019 7:01 AM
Nov 26, 2019 4:43 AM
Jul 2008
@Liddo-kun
Thanks for the link, it seems Anilist is good alternative site.

So most of them were debuted with this anime.
I thought I've heard Kae's voice somewhere before, turned out it's the VA's debut too..
Dec 9, 2019 3:42 AM

Oct 2007
@LeonLanford

sorry for late reply. Yeah, most of the va's are freshly debuted here.

oh, and just in case you are interested. They have an official 4koma manga. Sayu and Mizuha are funny. xD

https://manganelo.com/chapter/dp920012/chapter_1
May 6, 2021 12:35 PM

Feb 2020
That was one of the best idol performances ever. The last minutes of the episode were so touching.

Too bad KiRaRe lost, but the girls can be very proud of themselves. :3

Overall, this was a great show. Entertaining, cute, emotional and funny. I really liked the characters and their interactions.

SerafosNov 21, 2023 5:33 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Stage! Dream Days♪ Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2019

18 by Serafos »»
May 6, 2021 12:01 PM

Poll: » Re:Stage! Dream Days♪ Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2019

25 by Serafos »»
May 6, 2021 11:26 AM

Poll: » Re:Stage! Dream Days♪ Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2019

15 by Serafos »»
May 6, 2021 10:43 AM

Poll: » Re:Stage! Dream Days♪ Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2019

19 by Serafos »»
May 6, 2021 9:55 AM

Poll: » Re:Stage! Dream Days♪ Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2019

25 by Serafos »»
May 6, 2021 9:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.