Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2019 6:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, military drama among the powerful figures of war. However among them all stands Nobunaga. I just really hope he can handle the pressure of leading an army. Certainly won't be an easy task.

Sep 9, 2019 8:14 AM
Jul 2019
Historical notes:

- Kimyoumaru was the childhood name of Oda Nobutada, Nobunaga's eldest son with Kitsuno. Kitsuno bore him 2 more sons and a daughter before dying of childbirth complications. http://uesama-dango.blogspot.com/2014/04/references-for-hana-no-ka-wa-tsugu-pti.html https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsuno

- Kichou never gave Nobunaga any children, despite her status as legal wife.

- Historical accounts say the real Nobunaga dealt with Nobukatsu by pretending to be sick, and then assassinated him when he came to visit Nobunaga.
https://go-centraljapan.jp/route/samurai/en/spots/detail.html?id=3

Also, otome game developer OKKO will be releasing a visual novel spinoff of Wakaki Nobunaga called Nobunaga Koi Bunroku/信長恋聞録 this coming fall, via its Honey Magazine app.

It will also be available in English and French. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-09-06/kochoki-wakaki-nobunaga-gets-spinoff-story-with-english-french-releases/.150707

Honey Magazine available on Google apps: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.musaeum.c01a003&hl=en
Sep 9, 2019 8:27 AM
Jul 2019
Cover art for Bluray Vol 2: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/719YQ7NIWlL._SY879_.jpg

Some early character design drafts: https://twitter.com/wakanobu_anime/status/1095231131530670080?lang=ga

Note Nobunaga's elaborate chestguard didn't make it into the anime, but still appeared in some early promo material. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dz_6WZ7VYAAmu-b.jpg
Sep 9, 2019 9:41 AM

Aug 2013
Nobuyuki dies. He should have killed Tsuzuki.

Next week episode, "advancing toward the capital", should be interesting.

Sep 9, 2019 11:03 AM
Sep 2019
This season is breaking my heart. Many sad moments :'(
Sep 9, 2019 11:24 AM

Mar 2018
That was such a sad episode full of feels. Loved the ost.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 9, 2019 11:47 AM
Oct 2018
Such a heart touching episode. I get the honer part among the warriors but it would have been better if Nobukatsu sort things out and stood by nobunaga's side after discovering the truth.
Sep 9, 2019 3:24 PM

Sep 2017
many sad moments. Nobuyuki should have killed Tsuzuki for sure.
he was the one who messed everything up!
i think that watching Nobunaga's son with Kitsuno was a bit too soon.
i understand that there are 2 more episodes left but still. it felt a bit out of the blue for me.
Sep 9, 2019 5:43 PM

Jul 2017
If more people are willing to see between the lines, Tsuzuki's reckless manipulation of Nobukatsu is getting worse. BUT Nobukatsu was FINALLY sensible and smart enough to see his tactics and unfortunately didn't left him for dead.

To the naive Nobunaga, having to meet his now-estranged of little brother Nobukatsu to discuss the heir to the Oda clan. Instead, it became a battle of wits and common sense of the reality around them. To reach a consensus about their motivations and such.

But unfortunately, this is the fall of Nobukatsu. The connection between the brothers has fallen...what was supposed to be a happy ending between brothers of different mentality became a bloodbath.

What an emotional episode, the best episode of the series.
Sep 9, 2019 8:01 PM
Mar 2015
Little brother gets what is coming to him for treason Nobunaga's finest hour is approaching
Sep 9, 2019 8:32 PM

Oct 2015
Tsuzuki was a real piece of work, and true devil that caused the whole brotherly conflict! But since it was not shown, maybe Nobukatsu killed him or banished him or something?

Sad that Kichou never came back or I hope she was the one next to Nobunaga with that baby! I agree with @cherry_memoir the baby thing was a bit too soon, where are they rushing to?
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 9, 2019 11:42 PM

Oct 2008
Just simple an emotional dramatic tragic episode for Nobukatsu!
5/5.

Sep 10, 2019 2:37 AM

Aug 2008
According a book about Nobunaga, Tsuzuki was Nobukatsu's boy but Nobukatsu wasn't possessive and all of Nobukatsu's important retainers were sleeping with Tsuzuki, and apparently since everyone was really into him, Tsuzuki got full of himself and stopped sleeping with Shibata. And Shibata was pissed off enough to go to Nobunaga's side because of that.

Shibata was the one who told Nobunaga that Nobukatsu was planning something, which ended up sealing Nobukatsu's death.
Sep 10, 2019 4:18 AM

Sep 2017
lihle808 said:
Tsuzuki was a real piece of work, and true devil that caused the whole brotherly conflict! But since it was not shown, maybe Nobukatsu killed him or banished him or something?

Sad that Kichou never came back or I hope she was the one next to Nobunaga with that baby! I agree with @cherry_memoir the baby thing was a bit too soon, where are they rushing to?

If Nobuyuki had killed him for real, i think they would have shown it. why not? As they portrayed him in the anime i think that he wouldn't really kill anyone. he was a bit like Hidetaka in my opinion. He would take the blame which he did like he instructed Nobunaga to say. To mention again that i'm talking about Nobuyuki in the anime, not the real one.

While watching the episode i kinda thought that Nobuyuki would set up Tsuzuki so he gets killed by Nobunaga instead of just confronting him. i would have liked for things to turn out that way cause vermins such as Tsuzuki need to be put down.

About Kichou, i want to think that he will reappear. Maybe the credits are a bit misleading but you can definitely see him protecting Nobunaga.

I'm glad that you agree with me. It feels rushed and the only explanation i can give is because there are only 2 episodes left. so they either rush things so they can tell the whole story or they omit things and the story feels incomplete cause many people (including me) may wanna see Nobunaga as a person, father, etc, not only his warrior side. That's just my opinion though.
Sep 10, 2019 8:19 AM
Mar 2015
Historically Kichou never left Nobunaga's side disappearing only after he died. The 1st of Nobunaga's sons with Kitsuno was born in 1557 the same year Nobuyuki died
Sep 11, 2019 9:53 PM
Jan 2019
Great episode. I didn't cry, but I did finish watching the episode with great sorrow in my heart. Poor Nobunaga, poor Nobukatsu and his late younger brother, Hidetaka. Nobukatsu, was killed as a puppet, and in the end he died for it when the bastard Tsuzuki died, but I take advantage of that to take responsibility for everything and join the Oda clan again, wishing for his brother's peace of mind. A love of brothers who distanced themselves, but the flame never died out. He died, practically, like a hero. This reminds me a little of the sacrifice of Lelou (Code Geass), but here it was on a much smaller scale and in different circumstances.
I'm glad Tsuneoki didn't die.
Anyway, we see how time progresses with Nobunaga, now he has a special elite force (great), a new wife (Kitsuno), and he became a father. And what will happen to Kichou.
Sep 16, 2019 6:12 PM
Sep 2017
So did he marry and have a child with the other blonde? I'm confused.
Sep 29, 2019 8:17 AM

Jun 2014
Nobukatsu is dead. He only started to return to normal while on his deathbed, but it was too late. His death was likely the most painful thing Nobunaga ever experienced.

Feb 5, 2020 7:58 AM

Jul 2015
That was sad...and the worst thing is Tsuzuki is still alive after all of the things he has done

Nobukatsu died in a pretty honorable way, rekindling his bond with nobunaga in his last moments was pretty sad to see

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2019

32 by Obabby »»
Jul 11, 2023 2:27 AM

» Finally ... (something set in Samurai era which doesn't look like Otome game adaption)

Luthandorius - May 31, 2019

7 by OP_Rider »»
Nov 27, 2022 4:57 AM

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2019

23 by kari-ya »»
Aug 24, 2021 8:46 AM

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

23 by gophercg »»
Apr 10, 2020 4:25 AM

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2019

11 by gophercg »»
Mar 27, 2020 4:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.