Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 11, 2014 1:55 AM

Aug 2013
Damn it this is like Nana and Ren all over again T___T

Why?!!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 11, 2014 5:53 AM

Apr 2009
aw~ so after 10years she is not really for George. T__T

8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2014 1:50 PM

May 2012
What an amazing realistic ending! Damn the moment she opened that container that was hard but damn so lovely! Really impressive how they managed to make this series so realistic combined with a rather unique art style and great development of both characters and story I must say that I really loved this anime! 9.5/10
Aug 4, 2014 10:58 PM

Jan 2012
def. not my kind of anime...

omg this anime is so realistic omg 10!10!!!!

-.-
Aug 9, 2014 10:43 PM

Mar 2013
Very mixed feelings. I kind of shipped her with George and... also not.
Aug 18, 2014 9:32 PM

Oct 2013
I'm a bit disappointed in the ending since it is not the same ending in the manga. Also in its live-action film adaptation, the ending is not the same as well. Whyyyy. All three have the same plot yet different endings? WHYYYYYYY ಥ_ಥ
Nov 2, 2014 5:43 PM
Oct 2014
I agree the ending was a let down but i assumed that since george was bi his first love was isabella and they ended up getting together i wouldve loved if yukari stayed with george but hey cant change the mind of the writer
Nov 11, 2014 1:34 PM

Sep 2014
What a series! I actually like the bittersweet ending although I kind of expected it (thanks to spoilers but oh well). The only criticism I have though is that it was a bit rushed. I wasn't very sure who she ended up marrying but looking at the discussion, I'm a lot more satisfied with the ending.

George didn't seem like a compatible long-term partner for Yukari even though he truly loved her. I wasn't a fan of how he treated her so coldly throughout the series but I appreciated his maturity and how he handled himself especially during those arguments he had with Yukari. Both of them are flawed and it was interesting to see how they go through the highs and lows of their relationship. It felt realistic and refreshing.

Thanks to the series, the ED rekindled my love for Franz Ferdinand music. The OP was addicting as well. I'll definitely pick up the manga and check out Ai Yazawa's other works such as Nana. The art is absolutely stunning.

[/center]
Dec 2, 2014 3:05 AM
May 2014
xchee said:
Damn it this is like Nana and Ren all over again T___T

Why?!!

Yeah i got that feeling too. They parted ways for the best amd found happiness later i guess.
Jan 12, 2015 8:02 AM

Feb 2010
I thought this entire anime was fantastic.

George had some tough love but honestly that's what I liked about him. He cared about Caroline enough to make sure she led her own life. A very modern type of relationship I feel--he didn't want her to make the same mistake as "Wife #2."

He succeeded in shaping Caroline into an independent and ambitious woman--one who could live her own life the way she wanted it. In this way George was the best thing that ever happened to her--and she the best thing that ever happened to him.

He too was inspired by Caroline's ability to answer his own expectations, most likely something he didn't even expect. In the end I like to believe this is the reason he got his strength to leave and dream big.

George and Caroline part changed by each other forever. Relationships don't last forever--the best type of relationship is one which improves you as a person. In this respect I think Paradise Kiss demonstrated a realistic (yet still optimistic) love story. Much different from the commonly accepted "innocent love" most of us are used to seeing in other series.
Jan 24, 2015 1:04 AM

Sep 2014
This was so good. I actually loved the ending, and it didn't feel "rushed" to me. Fast-paced? Yeah, but not rushed. I'm sick of seeing "happily ever after" endings, so I liked the realistic aspect here. I don't think George would be good for Yukari in the long run anyway.

Also...George leaves Tokyo for Paris on a boat? That'll take forever.
Feb 10, 2015 5:59 AM
Jan 2012
Great anime, but the reality is, it has too much emotional impact that will ruin people like me.
Probably won't be able to handle a series like NANA even though I want to.
Apr 17, 2015 2:18 PM

Dec 2009
The ending left me heartbroken, but I liked it. It was extremely realistic. I'd like to quote:

kawaiiyuris said:

Isn't it unsettling? How we all have our little dreams in high school and how everyone thinks they know what they'll do. Everyone will stay together, everyone will follow their dream. Yet in the end it turns out that life plays with us and not the other way around. They did sort of follow their dreams in the end, but not in the way that they originally planned.

This is life. Your future may be very different from what you think, friends will lose contact with each other and love relationships won't last forever - especially when you're 18. But this doesn't mean your future erases your past. It will stay with you forever, and you won't lose the affection towards your loved ones. I think this is what the last scene of the anime - the key and ring Yukari treasured - tried to tell us.

Contrary to what most people have written here, I think George really loved Yukari, at least as much as she loved him. He could have stayed in Japan with Yukari, but Yukari could also have moved to France with him. So they both decided to separate, it was not George only. They decided to develop as a person instead of putting love on top of everything. This is a choice many people make in reality, that's why I've found it realistic.

I've also found interesting that they showed us the opposite choice, represented by Isabella, who followed George, clearly sacrificing everything for him, well aware she was not corresponded. That's a bit sad too.

In spite of their love, George and Yukari weren't a balanced couple, though. They both needed more attention than they could give. Tokumori seems way more appropriate for Yukari. He's more gentle and caring. I've always liked him, from the start, so if she really ends up with him I'm happy. Paradoxically it is very romantic, as her first love did become true.

Well in the end a fantastic anime. I'll have to read the manga sooner or later!
Jun 3, 2015 1:57 AM
Apr 2012
the ending killed me just like nanas ending and i watched them both in a row ugh fuck the ending i cant finish this
Aug 25, 2015 1:48 PM
Jun 2014
Hey , sorry if I'm not in the right place. I'm new to this site, and I have some difficults with English ... So maybe I don't really understand how this forum works, sorry. I had a question about the episode 12. Well, I have been looking for a long time an ost : one which played when Yukari and Georges are in car after the new year party. Does anyone know his name ?
Sep 30, 2015 7:41 PM

Oct 2010
I feel that watching Nana first didn't let me enjoy this show that much. Nana and Paradise Kiss feel very similar in tone and characters, but to me Nana feels like Paradise Kiss 2x. I wish Paradise Kiss had something that would help it stand out from Nana so I would not have to make this comparison, regardless Paradise Kiss was not bad. In my heart I wish this show could have been a little bit more ambitious because I felt no type emotion for that ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2015 1:47 PM

Aug 2013
Wtf it was? I know who that guy was, but come on! Las episode should be done in 5 episodes, it was WAY TOO FAST.
I'm glad that she ended with him, George was terrible match for her, but it was done awfully bad.
I planned to give 8, but I give 7/10 because of this shitty ending.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 6, 2016 1:41 PM

May 2015
I am so glad that she didn't end up with George. Their relationship was toxic.
My head canon is that she ended up with Tokumori. George can go to hell.
EDIT: Wait, it's canon? YUUUUUS!!!!
SuranaJan 6, 2016 1:44 PM
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Feb 14, 2016 10:20 PM

Jul 2013
The ending was predictable for a Josei show but it still gives me goosebumps. The drama was done well and I enjoyed it. Very well done indeed, one of the rare fashion anime, very original. 8/10
Jun 29, 2016 5:38 PM
Jul 2013
Seriously fuck this ending.
Aug 6, 2016 10:46 PM
Aug 2015
Dinamet7 said:
Ok - until I was able to confirm that the person she married was actually Tokumori I was kind of depressed a bit. I liked George x Yukari and I would have been super stoked to find that the two of them got back together after his time in Paris and she became his muse.

BUT - I also really liked Tokumori and when the majority of George's actions would end up being totally self serving, Tokumori's interactions with Yukari were always about making sure she was being true to herself. Finding out that Yukari ended up with Tokumori made me like this ending 100x more than if she ended up with some random dude.

Anyone know if the manga fills in the "Ten Years" gap? Or does it skip to the end like the anime?

Wait, so she married Hiroyuki?
I thought she married George's father! (because of the pictures and the creepy comment on George and his father's conversation) haha

I also thought she was pregnant, because of the faint on the fashion show celebration, and she wishing to have "anything from him" to remember.

Well, i'm happier now. (:
Aug 23, 2016 6:40 AM
Jun 2013
That was a much better ending that I was expecting. From all her accomplishments on the wall, it seems a lot of time passed. I really wanted to see more of that future.
Feb 10, 2017 5:27 AM

Mar 2013
I get mixed feelings when it comes to this series. I've been really excited to watch for a long time but now that I have finished, it's not really what I expected, in a way. Don't get me wrong, I did like it. After all, a mature romance with no childish drama is always a pleasant experience in anime. But, I felt like Yukari aka Caroline deserved much more from George, even if the decision they took at the end was the right one. I need to admit that I liked Tokumori more, and he deserved his place by Yukari's side more than George did.
But that's not the point, I enjoyed George and Yukari's relationship and how they reached all the stages of love together despite the struggles.

The finale was a bit sad, as I said, I wish George could have done something more for the sake of Yukari. Too bad it wasn't that way.

Other than that, I loved all the design and modeling concepts. How they formed deep friendship bonds, how Yukari could make it as a model and make her mom proud, and how every character had its own background story. My favorite character was Miwako, definitely. I thought her relationship with Arashi was cute until he mentioned the rape thing. That's not cool man... Nonetheless, during the whole length they were a steady couple so it was nice to see.
Isabella's background was so interesting to watch as well. Amazingly distinguished woman. George did good when they were kids.

Anyway, Paradise Kiss was a nice ride, but it didn't impress me how I thought it would do. I felt disatisfied at the end, but not everything in life it's supposed to go how you want it to, right?
HeiizeJul 19, 2017 11:41 AM
Feb 13, 2017 9:34 AM
Nov 2015
Firemonkey5 said:

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.

I love you.
Yeah HnC is like that too, though HnC is more ruthless in its depiction of letting go and growing up.
Jul 18, 2017 12:25 AM

Aug 2014
While I think the ending is very refreshing and overall fits this show well (since we see endings like this so rarely), I feel this episode, especially the ending, was really rushed.

Regardless, I enjoyed this show for the most part. George was irritating at some points (especially with the whole back and forth of his personality at points), but I really enjoyed the relationship between Miwako and Arashi. It was really sweet :) The wait for the dress was totally worth it as well. It was absolutely beautiful! (I really wanna draw it now .3.).

Overall I would give this series a 7/10. I'm gonna read the manga at some point to see if it goes further than the anime (hopefully it has less confusion regarding the ending).

Sep 26, 2017 5:35 PM

Aug 2013
I understand how this may be upsetting to some people, but to me I enjoy the raw realness Yazawa creates in all her work.
If you are a bit confused I suggest reading the last few pages of the manga. She marries Hiroyuki.
You never really get over your first love, and can't make them stay. This is what this show is about: learning, growing up and knowing when to let go.
It was truly for the best that George and Yukari were not together, but at least they have precious memories they can both share, and Yukari has dresses that George made to cherish for a lifetime.
9/10 for me. I was considering giving it less, but the more I thought about the ending, I realized that it could have never been more fitting! Loved this <3
Dec 14, 2017 6:44 PM
Dec 2015
Well, it was really good. Ending is quite realistic - although is manga it gives us a few more details. I thinks, everything happened in the best possible way.
Nov 18, 2018 5:23 PM
Jul 2018
I love to hate to love this ending. It's so bitter yet so realistic and this anime is along with Aoi Hana and Scum's Wish the best SOL-romance I came across. 9-10/10 to me.

It's the same author as the praised Nana, isn't it? I must watch it one day as well.
Apr 7, 2019 10:33 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
As much as I enjoyed watching the ‘fairy tale’ part of Paradise Kiss, I appreciate the reality and change that was shown more towards the end of the anime.

Yukari wanted to chase her dreams of becoming a model and I liked that she faced her parents and finished school, dealing with reality. Although somewhat disappointed, I’m satisfied knowing she married Tokumori, a more realistic and happier partner for her in the long run.
I think Tokumori is the more practical and better choice for her; he deeply cares about her and he would never do anything to hurt her, whereas George is the more idealistic choice but realistically wouldn’t be the man to support Yukari if they were to have a family. When she’s around him she feels insecure and at the mercy of his whims.

A bittersweet anime.
May 29, 2019 11:35 PM
Jul 2018
Nice little josei show that easily could been better if it could fleshed out some of the plot elements like show more of the struggles and side characters bit more. Still liked the mature directions the show had and the detailed artstyle were lovely to watch. Almost all characters were great imo except for few side characters who appears too later.

The rushed ending kind of makes sense as how simplistic the show had been. Its not that bad and I was expecting it and really got me surprised they did showed what-happen-after-the-timeskip afterall but at the same cant help but feel bitter not able to see how she led upto this situation.
Jul 17, 2019 11:48 AM

May 2009
I love Josei series and with this series, again, I can't say this show was bad. However it wasn't great either. A lot of choices have made this show a little less enjoyable for me and I quite wonder if reading the manga would've been better, considering the issues I have with the series.

What I dislike about the series: The pacing. My God, have I never seen a series rush through everything like this one. At some times it felt like I watched it with 10x speed. The emotional impact was really weak at most points and some characters' choices or behaviors felt weird or very rushed. I have to admit that the overall pacing made this show less enjoyable.
Loose ends/missed opportunities. With only 12 episodes its quite hard, but there are quite some plots holes or question marks throughout the story. One example being the childhood friend Kaori and her appearance being very irregular and sometimes confusing.
Less of a "clear" point, but I didnt like how they ended 'arcs' in general. With the high pacing it also felt like certain story points didnt have a proper conclusion before moving on to the next part.

What I liked about the series: The 'realness' of this series and how unpredictable reality can be, the characters (each their own intersting aspects), the end: I was quite suprised at how much I loved the choices they have made for ending the story and last but not least: the 'journey' of the MC. Again; it felt realistic and I could totally understand her perspective and choices.
I wouldve totally loved this show had it given more episodes and time to give the viewer more of an impact and time to close some arcs before going to the next.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Sep 1, 2019 10:27 AM

Dec 2016
realistic finale, but clearly rushed - raised more questions than it provided answers. i'm presuming she ended up with tokumori. might just go read the manga now, to clear things up.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Sep 9, 2019 5:32 PM

Apr 2012
photophobic said:
realistic finale, but clearly rushed - raised more questions than it provided answers. i'm presuming she ended up with tokumori. might just go read the manga now, to clear things up.

As I understand it, the main problem is that the anime very tightly simplified the ending and only hinted at the changes that the manga showed in more detail. Maybe it was a mistake, maybe it was done intentionally so that the audience wanted to read the original.
Sep 16, 2019 11:26 AM

Dec 2013
My only regret is that I didnt watch it sooner.

And to answer some of the questions above once more :D -> https://cdn.mangahub.io/file/imghub/paradise-kiss/48/15.jpg
❑ Single (¬‿¬)
❑ Taken (¬‿¬)

✔ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist φ(°ρ°*)
May 20, 2020 1:23 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty decent ending there, really expected her and George to get married...I'm happy with what happened, didn't think he was the right person. I wish they showed a bit more of what happens in the future.

Animation felt a bit weird at times and story was a tad fastpaced, but i loved the unique characters and the fashion aspect of this series. Really great to see some cameos from the prequel in here. I have to say this show was pretty realistic in most aspects, but i wish the love relations were a bit less toxic

May 26, 2020 3:09 PM

Jun 2012
I'm just gonna pretend that little epilogue didn't happen. Not only didnt they get back together but shes still hung up on him and getting married. I can very easily see her sleeping with George on the Honey moon.
Jun 20, 2020 5:45 AM

Jul 2016
I'm a bit disappointed.

I know I said that I didn't like George, but what was the point of having Yukari ending up with another guy?

Edit: Oh okay, it was apparently Hiroyuki, in that case I'm okay with. I don't like part of him, but he's better than George.
MoonPhosJun 20, 2020 5:49 AM
Oct 9, 2020 9:14 AM

Apr 2020
Beyond whom Yukari chooses, who does not show it in the anime
the development of the end seemed very rushered and out of tune compared to the rest of the chapter.

With just one more chapter they would have been able to develop a little more other things, like some intern conflicts of Arashi or make more winks of the characters of Gokinjo Monogatari (the spin-off prequel)

And particularly after the time skip, it could have been shown not only who Yukari chooses to stay with, which is a bittersweet but realistic decision, but also the "present" of the rest of the characters who stayed in Japan.
(in the manga they do tell it in a conversation, but the studio could have animated their own developed adaptation as many MANY times and we would be grateful for the filler)
Dec 14, 2020 1:20 PM
Jan 2020
I LOVE this anime! I'm in love with the artstyle and i really love the fashion sense! Love the intro AND outro. It's really different from other anime, of course. I personally love the ending because i really relate to Yukari, how it shows about her life, how she started and how she goes from there. <3
Feb 28, 2021 2:41 PM

May 2015
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Apr 15, 2021 10:16 PM

Oct 2020
So Tokumori had to stay with George's leftovers. Realistic , but hate this cucked shit
May 17, 2021 4:28 PM

Aug 2011
I had a feeling they wouldn't end up together, they're like each other's twin flames. I went back and read the ending of the manga and it made a lot of sense who Yukari ended up with, but I know George and her will always be each other's soulmates. Same with Miwako and Hiro
desu desu binches
Jun 26, 2021 5:30 AM
Mar 2021
kittygoesmad said:
For me it was really sad in the end. : <
Yukari loved George so why she marry Tokumori?!
George loved her , he gaved her his dresses ...

why? I ask why?
When I saw caption '10 years later' i hope that Yukari married George.
but well... it doesn't happen.

yes someone with same exact opinion like me. :)
Like why? What was the solid reason they broke up? Is it because they chose their work over romance? That's shit. I don't understand why most of the media shows that long distance relationship will never succeed. It just give negative view to the viewers about long distance relationships. I know long distance is painful but if you love, it won't fade away. And if it does, then you guys just needed comfort.
Now I feel supper sad for George rather than yukari.
I feel like
I feel lke

YUKARI IS A BITCH
(please let me vent)
All this time I wished for yukari & George to get dum
But now I feel bad for George.
Ok yukari isn't that bad but tbh i realized they aren't compatible for each others.
George needs a person who will grasp
any situation without explanation easily.for this, the person need to be highly understanding & matured which we don't find in yukari
Yukari literally snaps out whenever something bad happen. Like she can't be in composure unlike George
But yukari is not bad at all. I know I called her bitch & it's because at the end she wore George's dress even if she's with tokomori. I just hate women who has feeling for both person & just can't get over. Didn't George taught her to be mature & give her life to her previous monotonous grey living?
I'm not going to forget what George did just because of his mean behaviour.
But it's just, i wanted George's happiness at the end just like I wanted yukari's happiness.
Yes I'm not saying yukari should be enslaved to George for his help. But the ending where yukari wore his dress on her anniversary made me mad
Jun 26, 2021 5:51 AM
Mar 2021
Runciter said:
a decent, yet overly westernized series.
ahhh yes the word "overly westernized series" quenched my thirst
Jul 1, 2021 7:18 PM

Jan 2021
I actually loved the ending…
It’s so realistic as much as I wanted for George and yukari to end up together.
Sep 23, 2021 9:23 PM
Sep 2021
A lot of people are saying here that George didn't really love Yukari when in fact—they have the most impact on each other's life despite them pushing each other's desire towards each other which made their relationship toxic. Alright, everyone knows that. But in my opinion they're a great pair. Yukari grew up and got more matured because of George and George learned more things he didn't know about fashion. His muse have a big impact on him too.

I liked the ending to be honest. I expect these two would end up together but I was wrong. I'm disappointed, of course, Yukari ended up with the other guy atleast it was realistic and unpredictable for me.

Yukari holds a special place on George's heart and vise versa.
Nov 8, 2021 3:33 AM

Aug 2020
VERY REALISTIC ENDING OKAY. I shouldn't have gotten my HOPES UP JUST TO GET CRUSHED. I thought everything in anime was possible T_T still gave it a good rating :') it teaches a lot about life and adult world ig

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Nov 24, 2021 3:38 PM
Apr 2012
ironchefflip said:
For anyone wanting more details regarding the ending, I suggest reading the last few pages of the manga since it explains a tiny bit more. It gave me slightly better closure.

Thank you! the manga ending is so much better, i feel like they really dropped the ball on the last episode in comparison! why did they leave out who she was marrying?!
Jun 20, 2022 12:35 AM

Apr 2016
...George is 18??? I think that's the bigger surprise for me, lol.
Nov 20, 2022 3:27 PM
Jun 2020
pqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Paradise Kiss Episode 9 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 28, 2008

25 by Mirorin »»
Apr 5, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Paradise Kiss Episode 8 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 28, 2008

37 by Mirorin »»
Apr 5, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Paradise Kiss Episode 6 Discussion

SunSir - Mar 17, 2008

40 by Mirorin »»
Apr 5, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Paradise Kiss Episode 3 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 28, 2008

42 by Mirorin »»
Apr 5, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Paradise Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - May 17, 2008

74 by Mirorin »»
Apr 5, 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.