Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2018 1:31 AM

Aug 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Uh wow.

Just finished this. And now I'm kinda just sitting here with my jaw half-open wondering what the fuck I just watched.

It was actually so bad I'm having a hard time putting it into words. And the most jumbled mish-mash amalgamation of shit I've ever seen.

The entire first 10 minutes is them creeping through a building with some weird Scooby-Doo level shit going on. Followed by zombies. Followed by dude who managed to get his arm ripped off and not only feel no pain, but somehow didn't instantly bleed out. This then led to an almost rape scene, a Naruto level kung-fu scene out of fucking nowhere, death by toilet, double double-crosses, zombie dog, comedic chase scene, and the bell drop. Uh...did I cover everything? Oh yea, and the one survivor who is about a 999/10 on the traumatized scale. I feel like I just typed out the plotline to some 5th graders wet dream fan fiction that he keeps in a secret journal in his desk. But you cant make this shit up.

I mean, if we're looking for positives here, at least there were titties? And the gore was pretty graphic and uncensored; which isn't a "wow huehue look at that edginess" so much as a "wow at least this travesty is uncensored in general".

And I guess Euphrosyne and Alma were generally some friendly zombies, outside of the whole murdering people thing. Had they just gotten the stone back right away perhaps it would've turned out much friendlier.
Sep 13, 2018 9:10 PM

Jun 2011
At the 27 min mark right now, wtf are those "friends" who didn't even bother responding to his plea for help.. what a bunch of entitled bitches.. Even characters from American horror movies would be smart enough to sense that there's something wrong.. Jesus Japan.

After finishing it, I feel like it would've been much better if the characters weren't dead annoying (no pun intended).. it does have some dark comedy potential but it took a whole hour for the characters to die.. It's just ridiculous how Euphrosyne got hindered for a whole 30min by normal humans.. she should've pulled out an arm or two on the first punch.

Sayaka was also dumb and annoying for not feeling even a tad bit of fear of getting ripped apart and killed, it's ridiculous to even talk back to some undead with superhuman strength. Her friends were even dumber for not even trying to convince her to return the stone. As shitty as the egomaniac dude was, he's probably the most sensible one here.

This is a miss for me, as 90% of the characters were annoying asf. I was rooting for the zombies all the way, and had to watch the plot nerf them so much to drag the story out for another 30min. 30 whole minutes of nothing.

I agree with OP though I guess, that there were at least titties and uncensored gore. Blood spurting out of a severed arm is weirdly kinda amusing to watch. The brain eating reminded me of a youtube goat brain cooking video that I watched a while ago, kinda disgusting but hey.
ToG25thBaamSep 13, 2018 10:07 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 27, 2018 2:28 PM

Mar 2013
this is the most retarded anime i have ever watched...

10/10 no regret, everything was pure gold
lasodamosSep 28, 2018 2:35 AM
Oct 6, 2018 2:04 AM

Jun 2012
I had a great time with this. Great gore and just consistently funny.

Some great death scenes... Loved the part where the guy has his arm pulled off, how slow he is to react and how everyone just ignores him.

Especially loved the scene when she just mops the floor with the annoying karate girl. Snaps her arm like a twig, then smashes her into the trees. Her boobs are all hanging out, then she smashes her face into the ground so hard her freaking eye pop out. Finally she throws her off a cliff where she lands into a garbage dump.

Another funny bit was when the main character's head came off in the basketball hoop and she puts it back on with superglue.

Very fun and entertaining movie overall.

Shoot first, think never.
Oct 26, 2018 7:53 PM

Aug 2018
This anime doesn’t get get much love but it’s actually pretty decent.
Nov 7, 2018 6:31 AM

May 2017
Poor karate girl, she had some happy herovsmonster fight, she tought she might survive , then in 1 sec she was nothing more than a trash lol a shame she had a cute face

But seriously the guy loose his arm, no reaction at all, how much drogs he used to feel no pain like that, even if it was cause of drugs, with that much he shoudn't be able to walk , this part bothered me a lot, also the fact the anime doesn't tell us who's the main charzcter, usualy the main character is one of the first characters you see, not the zombi that pop at the half of story
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Nov 24, 2018 5:31 AM

Jul 2015
Have Japan ever did any slasher movie?
If any, I never heard of it.

Dec 2, 2018 1:16 AM
Mar 2017
gore, betrayal, ecchi, action, insest history, zombies, mummies

Kung fu at a distance haha, it's the first time I hear about that. It would be interesting to do an online kungfu course xD

The premise attracted me although it was silly, the beginning is intriguing but everything goes to hell at 20 minutes, when the deaths begin, as the plot progresses one would believe that they are justified with the fact that it is a production that seeks to be alone gore and splatter honest, BUT the irregular and almost null soundtrack, the almost null expressiveness of the characters and the bad direction only hinders even more things

good animation and art (how weird that I did not see any gif of the zombie with the flowers, I think it's very nice/pretty that scene

It looks like a horror movie of the nineties ... It was not very scary, but ... I must say that it entertained me for a while. just a while
I give him a 4/10 for the breasts well animated, without him I would have given him 1

This anime had its trailer in 2012, the truth is I'm not seeing gender gore, maybe that's why I did not like it very much. If you want they can not take into account my criticism to the I do not be of his public.
I think this movie / story can be saved if the two zombies get better, along with a story and development in a next sequel. (or have a charming character, with whom you can love / feel identified ... that would make me like it more)

I do not read the novel, and in myanimelist it appears as if it were being published, I wonder if the film adapted the novel well. And how much the Zombies changed in the future, good people ... or just as bad people.

They killed all of her friends in front of her, they traumatized her for life and let her live ... it makes sense.

-----------Who is the bad guy in Aru Zombie Shoujo no Sainan?

While most anime follow the good vs bad script Aru Zonbi Shōjo no Sainan is not one of them. We have two sides: the zombies, and the zombie adversaries. Neither can be described as good as both commit immoral acts. For example, the zombies kill innocents (the caretaker in the first place), while the zombie adversaries constantly betray each other.

Nevertheless, the story of Aru Zonbi Shōjo no Sainan can be understood as a clash of values. In Euphrosyne Studions worldview, loyalty plays a major role. This is demonstrated by her punishment of Masahiro Abe and her venturous rescue attempts to save Alma.

The college kids on the other hand are betrayed by Sayaka. Who is betrayed by Takanashi. Who is betrayed by Mako. And I nearly forgot Abe tried to sell his group out too.

-------

Why did that zombie cat appear? Does it appear in the novel later, or is it something I'm not noticing? ... For example, the scientist (or whatever) also did the experiment with othe

---
Did she have the philosopher's stone?

PD: innocent old RIP and the dog

Summary of my criticism level 99 Diamond taringuero: it is gore, has breasts without censorship and the story / plot is typical of the nineties
FireCrauterDec 2, 2018 1:38 AM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jan 9, 2019 1:06 PM

Mar 2014
I actually enjoyed this. I've watched waaay too many horror movies, for an anime it had decent gore, silliness and unlike most movies I didn't get bored at any point.
Mar 5, 2019 8:07 PM

Mar 2014
A horror b movie, full of horror b movie tropes, plus a few anime ones.

Do not recomend.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Sep 19, 2019 2:29 PM

Dec 2013
This was so dumb, and you know what? I had a decent time, it is sometimes good to completely turn your brain off and just enjoy the simple things in life, we had some gore, Gothic lolitas, decent deaths, some fights, betrayal and some anime tiddies.

If the RLM guys were into anime I imagine this movie would feature on an episode of Best of the Worst, and wouldn't win the night.

Abusing that cute doggo wasn't cool tho, respect the good bois and girls of the world
Feb 3, 2020 7:10 AM

Jul 2014
Lmao that kung-fu girl logic:
"Hey this blonde zombie has incredible power and can't be affected by physic damage and she already killed one of my friend, better piss her off and try to fight her in close-combat.."
I was laughing my ass off when the zombie girl wrecking her so bad her body almost looks unidentified..
This entire ONA was dumb, but so bad it's so good lol..
Feb 9, 2020 11:58 PM

Jun 2012
Just rewatched this. Good gore, a lot of laugh out loud moments. Will watch again.
Shoot first, think never.
Aug 21, 2021 6:09 PM

Sep 2020
What, why, how , who, when
Nov 27, 2021 8:44 AM

Oct 2013
Eh it's actually a nice movie. I think people disliking it are not into trash horror movies, you always have stereotypical dumb characters and stuff in it but overall it's still enjoyable.
Mar 26, 2023 3:36 AM
Jul 2018
Wtf
This was so incredibly fun although I wouldn't recommend eating during the movie. That one guy's brain flowing out of his skull was pretty disgusting and it made my appetite vanish for a few minutes.
The worst a movie can be is boring and this was far from that. Didn't expect that much gore and that many tiddies though.
Also this had one of the best German dubs I've ever seen in anime and it actually felt like the anime was falling behind the dub and not the other way around like usual.

wtf/10 would recommend
Dec 28, 2023 7:39 AM

Jul 2022
I enjoyed this movie.
Give it a 'Good rating.

Didn't do a lot of research, just started the movie and watch.
IN the Occult group a few deserved to be death. But the Kung fu lady was kind of nice. Her death was so..... intense.
Kabe's death was epic. I laughed at it.

From the moment Sayaka kissed that bastard 'Takanashi'. And from another angel you saw Mako standing there.
I know this 'relationship' stinks.

Poor Sayaka.. (Kind of liked her)
I wouldn't mind if they made a S2 if there's more to tell.

More topics from this board

» Need some recommendations!!! This anime was great!

denpanosekai - Dec 22, 2020

1 by SAT_KUMAR »»
Sep 13, 2021 4:05 AM

» Why

BigBlueBash - Apr 13, 2018

9 by Haunt-bot »»
Oct 6, 2018 1:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.