Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 25, 2018 6:26 PM
Jul 2017
I thought the juniors were going to get put in their place hard. I guess the seniors had to keep the secret, though.

p.s. Kabakura is clearly the dominant. He and Koyanagi got issues though, clearly unhealthy in the long run.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
May 26, 2018 1:05 AM

Jun 2013
OMG Naoya's just too cute, well, it's KajiKaji voicing him so he's so adorable. This voice is very Melodias-like. I love his voice.

If Kabakura hates it when other people talk about his girlfriend like that then he probably should treat her better. I hope he redeems himself because he's still the number one asshole in this entire series.

I hope they introduce the last new character soon.

I don't know why fujoshis argue who's seme and uke, they're both either getting fucked in the butt or swallowing a man sausage, it's still yaoi.

Poor Naoya, didn't understand what the two fujoshis were arguing about.
臭い-
May 26, 2018 3:48 AM
Jan 2015
Xampy said:
I loved that Hirotaka was super happy that Momose called him her boyfriend...

If only he could have seen just how disappointed she looked when she told the co-worker...

adam7c3 said:
shiro_kai said:
And, again, another episode where we have Narumi despising Hirotaka during half of the episode. If he is not her type why she still with him? Looks like she is just afraid of being alone and is using him as replacement while she doesn't find anything better. He should just dump that bitch.

And Why every episode the anime try to ship Narumi and Kabakura? wtf

I agree, he could probably find someone much better if he tried. She's with him out of comfort, showing him no affection...

I think Narumi has plainly summed up her own feelings about being Hirotaka's girlfriend a couple times now when asked if she was dating him: "I guess." How much less enthusiastic can she get? By contrast, she displayed immense delight when Nao mistakenly shipped her with Kabakura, but got all passionless immediately afterwards about being Hirotaka's girlfriend. I don't doubt she'd drop Hirotaka like a hot potato if someone who she finds physically attractive started paying attention to her. She has shown absolutely zero interest in Hirotaka romantically. From her perspective, their relationship is the same as it was a decade or so earlier: simply otaku buddies. Imagine this: what if it was Kabakura who had kissed her, how would she have reacted? Think she would have head-butted him? Or jumped on top of him for a ride? The girl is ultra-superficial.
May 26, 2018 6:47 AM

Oct 2017
I am loving Wotakoi more and more and for me it keeps getting better. This ep made me want to play online games again tbh
May 26, 2018 7:26 AM
Dec 2011
Bibimbapski said:
OMG Naoya's just too cute, well, it's KajiKaji voicing him so he's so adorable. This voice is very Melodias-like. I love his voice.

If Kabakura hates it when other people talk about his girlfriend like that then he probably should treat her better. I hope he redeems himself because he's still the number one asshole in this entire series.

I don't know why fujoshis argue who's seme and uke, they're both either getting fucked in the butt or swallowing a man sausage, it's still yaoi.

Excuse my social naivete here, but I don't understand how treating her better is going to stop random guys from engaging in "locker room talk" as some people would call it.
May 26, 2018 7:56 AM

Jun 2013
TheCatlover192 said:
Bibimbapski said:

Excuse my social naivete here, but I don't understand how treating her better is going to stop random guys from engaging in "locker room talk" as some people would call it.

I don't mind the locker room talk, Kabakura has a tendency to call her ugly and in Episode 4 said that he could easily find someone who's more his type. He likes girls who looks like Narumi and Koyanagi isn't really his type. Koyanagi has self-esteem issues and feels that Kabakura is lowering his standards or settling for her because it's hard for otakus to find partners. What I'm saying is that, he's bothered by "locker room talk" but he doesn't treat Koyanagi with enough respect either. I think that's hypocrisy. In my opinion, both Koyanagi and Kabakura may "love" each other to a certain degree but they're not good for each other. Forcing themselves to settle with one another.
臭い-
May 27, 2018 12:19 AM

Mar 2015
Bit of an underwhelming episode, thought it was going to be a whole episode on the game theme.
May 27, 2018 3:41 AM
Jan 2015
i really love this anime... so many relatable things with real life... and so many games anime manga reference...
I also really like their relation (kaba x hana and hiro x naru)
It's really depicting real life mature relationships, their preferred preferences that different with what they got, they compromises with pro/cons each other's, they had insecurities, they had fight's, they had their own lives & friends,........and other things...

it's not just like childish love relationships that's i found in many anime, .. they worship their love, they lovey dovey 99% of the time, etc etc..

And multi-player game with max level hirotaka one-shoted rare boss with dragon dogma maker's finger really hilarious...
hailweissMay 27, 2018 4:27 AM
May 27, 2018 10:53 AM

Feb 2018
Whole episode about talking about who would be on top? Really? RPG part of the ep was decent.
Aug 8, 2018 8:54 AM

Dec 2016
I was expecting an episode like this at some point and boy was it worth the wait!!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 9, 2018 12:38 AM

May 2012
Another great episode I must say, really fun to see that second part I must say! Looking forwards to see what's next.
Aug 14, 2018 10:46 AM

Dec 2014
Well RPG and night out for dinner…It was good to see it from a different perspective
Magical girl Site 8: well that was the worst thing that could happen.. It really unbelievable after all that beating she still cares for her brother
Aug 28, 2018 6:05 PM

Aug 2007
Hirotaka's disdain for online gameplay resonates with me.
I def love video games, but I'm not particularly fond of MMOs and other online games centered around interacting with others, aha.

Jan 3, 2019 1:45 PM

May 2013
Omg when Nao-chan did a takeover on Nifuji's avi hahahhaha XDDD he was just flailing around hahahhahaaaa. I'm deds.

Loved this ep. Got their jealousy tested huehuehue ;D ;D

Where's my otaku gf? I am in desperate need of one so we can go to cons together plsssss.
Feb 4, 2019 12:27 PM

Jul 2014
All these references to geek culture are just as funny here as they are in The Big Bang Theory.
Mar 13, 2019 5:12 PM

Sep 2011
I wish the girls would have grabbed the hands of their partners in front of the two juniors, it would have been hilarious.
Apr 7, 2019 7:26 AM
Sep 2018
Just now I'm glad I live alone...
Cackling maniacally at 7:20 AM tends to annoy those trying to sleep.

Kaba/Hiro vs Hiro/Kaba
Yes, it's the same pairing...
But opposite dominants.

While not a Yaoi fanboy, this conflict I totally understand!

Even when it's the same individuals, Narumi and Hanako are in opposition.

It wasn't just roflmao, it was cackling.

Now, back to the episode.

Finished... and still cackling!

The arguments as to why each should be the top or bottom...
The junior staff discussing the senior staff's girlfriends in front to them, unaware that this was so...
And, for the win, Nao overhearing Narumi & Hanako's discussion, and being completely oblivious as to what they were actually discussing.

And.. how appropriate Hirotaka's deadpan delivery was throughout this episode; these were all situations where that is what you would strive for, rather than it indicating he had a non-emotive face. (Which isn't entirely true; we _have_ seen him smile, and it was quite a nice one, too.)

I have to introduce my sister and sister-in-law to this series, they'd die laughing.
(Yes, they are a couple. It's legal here in Washington State.)
WeasalopesApr 7, 2019 7:43 AM
May 9, 2019 3:35 AM

Jun 2013
I like the RPG-style scenes at the first half of the episode. Hirotaka is really great in playing games. Narumi is so cute with her character avatar. Tarō uses strategies before fighting the boss. Hanako is so sexy with her outfit. Naoya is so cute, although he's really bad in playing games.

The second half of the episode is hilarious! The girls are talking about their yaoi fantasies with their boyfriends. They argue about Hirotaka and Tara's position. Narumi likes it better when Hirotaka is the dominant, while Hanako prefers Tarō to be the dominant. The funny thing is that Naoya hears the girls and he tells what he hear to Hirotaka during the post-credit scene.

The boys with their co-workers, on the other hand, are talking about girls. The co-workers specifically talks about Narumi and Hanako. Hirotaka is flattered when he comes to know (from their co-worker) that Narumi enjoys having a Christmas break with her boyfriend! On the other hand, Tarō is irritated when he hears their co-workers having sexual fantasies with Hanako. What a protective boyfriend!

I absolutely love this episode. ~❤️
TicklingThoughtsMay 10, 2019 4:21 AM
Jun 5, 2019 12:03 AM

Sep 2012
PastFuturist said:
I thought the juniors were going to get put in their place hard. I guess the seniors had to keep the secret, though.

thats dumb from them why keep it a secret, i sure wouln't
Sugram22Jun 5, 2019 12:11 AM
Aug 13, 2019 4:28 AM

Aug 2018
Online gaming section was great!
Oct 19, 2019 10:15 PM

Mar 2015
Must be nice to have a partner who has so many things in common with you!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 27, 2019 12:54 PM
Oct 2017
Fun episode to watch, loved the mmorpg part!
My Candies:
Jan 29, 2020 8:02 AM

Sep 2017
its funny but ive never understood fighting with ur friends over whos top and bottom. like its the same pairing! they'd likely switch it up in real life, guys!!!
Apr 18, 2020 11:28 AM

May 2015
So who's on top?>>>>
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 5, 2020 5:40 PM
Mar 2020
This episode was super funny I love how similar it is to being a real life otaku.

the costumes were super cute in the online game portion as well (especially narumis<3)
Jun 25, 2021 5:43 AM

Jun 2021
narume is so cute in elf outfit in video game. hirotaku has a best brother who takes care care of his older brother life.

reading boys love in front of boyfriend.what type of otaku she is?

the part a of online video gaming is hilarious ,i loved it.
Jul 2, 2021 6:57 AM

Aug 2020
Enjoyed the first half. I really liked the cartoony art style (it reminds me of Kobayashi's Dragon Maid).

Didn't like the second half.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jul 4, 2021 11:33 AM

Jul 2015
Even a rare dragon is no match against the 'solo' pro-gamer Hirotaka.
Lmao that after credits scene, really wholesome misunderstanding of Naoya thinking they were talking which boyfriend is better instead of the actualy rotten fujoshi talk.

Jul 11, 2021 11:10 PM
Aug 2020
It kinda hurt me when I heard Nifuji agree to the guys saying that guys will choose Hana against Narumi.....

In this episode.. I like Kabakura more since he defended his girlfriend and got mad for them ;)
Jul 11, 2021 11:16 PM
Aug 2020
RazielZero said:
I wish the girls would have grabbed the hands of their partners in front of the two juniors, it would have been hilarious.

Yeaaahhh HAHAHAHAHAHA I wanted to see the faces of the juniors if they grab each others hands/arms then go home together HAHAHAHAHAJAJAJJAJAJA
Jul 29, 2021 5:22 AM
May 2020
what i learnt from this episode is that yaoi fandoms are scary
Aug 3, 2021 2:48 PM

May 2018
Lol Hirotaka's outfit is the best!
Oct 23, 2021 11:34 PM

Jan 2021
Nao is so precious.

I have to say i'm a Koyanagi fan, she's just too damn perfect
Dec 18, 2021 6:38 AM

Mar 2020
Narumi and Hanako talking about Yaoi and everyone in the restaurant was listening xD

Nao is too much naivy to be true

"I wonder if anything will ever change? Will that day ever come?"
- Okazaki, Tomoya
"Nothing can stay unchanged. Fun things… Happy things…
They can’t possibly remain the same."
- Furukawa, Nagisa
Dec 20, 2021 4:12 AM

Jul 2021
It may not seem like it but Kabakura cares a lot about Koyanagi, as was shown in the bar part of this episode. Will in some episode he show her more clearly how much he cares?
asdasdsadad
Mar 28, 2022 11:30 AM

Apr 2013
Oh god that fujoshi talk... usually that annoys me in anime, but this time it was genuinely funny.
Dec 15, 2022 4:42 PM

Nov 2022
The game sequence was adorable at the beginning! Glasses and chibi-elf Naru was a joy to watch. Indescribable with words, it was just outrageously cute.

I like how the anime parallelised the dinners. Hana and Naru attracting too much attention at the famires with their overt discussions, while Hirotaka and Kabakura do the exact opposite by being (somewhat) discreet at the izakaya. It got a bit too relatable, as I had an after-work nomikai today, and I'd rather have been at home watching anime.

Nao is too innocent for this otaku world.

I support Hiro x Kaba, as it's very clear that Kabakura is a walkover with a tough exterior.
Feb 8, 2023 7:43 AM
May 2020
I don't understand why the guys didn't just tell their juniors that those two women were their girlfriends!
Feb 21, 2023 7:42 AM
Nov 2021
The game was a 2.5/5 and the other half is a 4.5/5 again a 3 
Also, aww man Igneel died here and in fairy tail lol :0
3/5 episode I AM SO CLOSE TO FINISHING THID ANIME
Jun 8, 2023 3:02 AM

Jun 2021
first half had potential (but in hindsight it was expected to be that short) and the meta moment of the cold opening to remember that this wasn't a different anime created a little laugh, but it was meta also because the temptation to abandon instead of going on, before the OP, is stronger and stronger.
Aug 29, 2023 1:06 PM

Mar 2023
YAOI talk in a public space is quite bold
Nov 11, 2023 6:32 AM

Nov 2011
This time girls had some real topics to discuss. Not gaming or ssth.
Feb 9, 8:58 AM

Jun 2017
that chocolate fondue looks delicious
Apr 17, 7:37 AM

Aug 2019
the first half felt like a waste. im not here to watch them play a game for half the episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

101 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

40 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

52 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 8 Discussion

38 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2018

110 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 13, 6:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.