3It was OK
2.8%
2Disliked it
0.6%
1Hated it
0.4%
Average 4.8
1,263 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 23, 2018 9:07 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, it looks like the attack by these masked guys are going after someone different than Mayuri this time. Considering that it's the beta world line, it does makes sense that Mayuri isn't being targetted. This time, it's Shiina Kagari.

Seeing the others fight back is a neat sight to see, especially Yuugo :D

Compared to some of the previous episodes, this one was more moody given the circumstances. Okabe obviously doesn't want another disaster to happen.
Really interesting to see Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart being referenced this episode too.

About time!
Stark700May 23, 2018 9:32 AM
May 23, 2018 9:30 AM

Apr 2015
Whatever you do, do not and I repeat, do not! Skip the ed for once.

I loved this episode a lot.

How come Yuuki injured her arm exactly where Suzuha hit her and so coincidentally, didn't show up at the raid? Adds suspicions?

Okabe finally stood up against Mr. Braun, he couldn't in Steins;Gate but he finally can.

5/5

Best episode in the series.
Production value wise, getting better but still meh.

MxxxstationMay 23, 2018 11:45 AM

Sep 2014
Holy cow! We finally reach that scene everyone's been waiting for after the ED, Lintahlo!
Apr 2017
The epilogue kills me
May 23, 2018 9:50 AM
Mar 2017
One of the best moments of 0 so far. The animation keeps getting better, can't wait for that scene without 2009 sprites.
May 23, 2018 10:26 AM

Feb 2016
why did they change the effect from the original??????? :( they didn't even show the current numbers wtf

Anyway, decent episode. Next one is gonna be brutal.

I'm starting to get really pissed by the low production quality, this deserved better..
AquamirrorMay 23, 2018 11:19 AM
May 23, 2018 10:51 AM

Jan 2018
Aw man, I thought that the Kurisu world line was going to be this week. Next week is going to be absolutely brutal.
Dimmock is a lot like Veal, an acquired taste.
May 23, 2018 10:57 AM

Feb 2018
A bunch of guys with guns gets overwhelmed and flees from one unarmed dude wtf that was so ridiculous.
May 23, 2018 11:09 AM
Apr 2016
Yuki amane seems to be the culprit.
If u haven't watched Clannad after story ,Your lie in April,Toradora,Angel Beats,FMAB,Steins gate...go watch them first.....
May 23, 2018 11:12 AM

May 2016
Omg time flew by I didn't know what happened, but gotta thanks Mr.Braun for saving them.
My heart was like crazy when Okabe went and talked with Braun he gots some guts for doing that.

That reading Steiner happened caught me of guard I wonder how things will turn out this time I hope he asks for Kurisu's help or he will screw up again.

Don't skip the ed it's kinda sad and funny but Okabe is LOSING IT T^T
RaizelMay 23, 2018 11:21 AM
May 23, 2018 11:13 AM
Sep 2013
KURISUUUUUUUU

damn didnt expect this to happen, honestly i dont even know what will happen after, and will do my best to not read the novel.

The attackers probably the professor gang, but then again i might be wrong again since my assumption after last week completely blown up
May 23, 2018 11:14 AM

Apr 2014
Dude, I am already flipping my own switch of asking. WHAT IN THE RED BLAZES OF HELL IS GOING ON>?!?!?!?!
May 23, 2018 11:14 AM
Jul 2018
xShinigami3125 said:
A bunch of guys with guns gets overwhelmed and flees from one unarmed dude wtf that was so ridiculous.

Right? Seeing how MB is so big, the target should be easy to hit. Unless this is a bunch of people that have never done this before, than it can be a little bit more believable since you won't be necessarily trigger happy.
May 23, 2018 11:18 AM

Feb 2018
Souji said:
xShinigami3125 said:

Right? Seeing how MB is so big, the target should be easy to hit. Unless this is a bunch of people that have never done this before, than it can be a little bit more believable since you won't be necessarily trigger happy.

Still it took them like 20 seconds to even turn around and even if they have never used a gun before aiming at a 2 meter range isn't that hard. They don't even need to shot ffs just threaten him.
May 23, 2018 11:18 AM

Nov 2016
Props to Mr.Braun xD

Dat post ending scene,tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 23, 2018 11:19 AM

Feb 2018
Boring and uninteresting with one good scene at the end of the episode just like all the other episodes up until now... well lets just hope best girl kurisu saves this show.
May 23, 2018 11:23 AM
Sep 2017
Is kurisu alive? And why everyone guessing amane yuki is the culprit?
May 23, 2018 11:24 AM

Mar 2013
Steins Gate greatness as always.

I've only played to one ending (V&A) but I hope the next episode is about
I really liked that part in the VN.
May 23, 2018 11:25 AM
Dec 2010
Given what we know about world lines and convergence from S;G, it's pretty safe to assume Okabe's not in Kansas anymore...

They weren't leaving whether Reading Steiner activated or not up to speculation this time.
May 23, 2018 11:25 AM

Apr 2013
Nice so my joke guess from week ago that Mr. Braun would save them came true
Hope we find out what's going on soon, because right now everything is total WTF
May 23, 2018 11:29 AM

Sep 2007
NAZMUS_SHADAT said:
Is kurisu alive? And why everyone guessing amane yuki is the culprit?

Suzuha kicked the woman with the helmet in the hand wrist and Yuki had it bandaged the next day X_X

the ending omg ;_; ;_; the reunion ;_; Okarin facial expressions in this series are killing me.
so lucky to be always watching the ending song TT_____TT
TaluMay 23, 2018 11:34 AM

Dec 2013
Next week is going to be tears. Lots of tears. ;_;

ArgentiumTea said:

The anime isn't even on the same route right now (this is PR), why do you think that would happen next?

Mar 2013
burnout6010 said:
Next week is going to be tears. Lots of tears. ;_;

ArgentiumTea said:

The anime isn't even on the same route right now (this is PR), why do you think that would happen next?

You're absolutely right /cry I thought the might mix it up or something but I dont know what happens in this route so I dont know if that would work at all.
But excited to see whats gonna happen, cant wait

Edit: Didnt see the ending, WTF
ArgentiumTeaMay 23, 2018 11:34 AM
May 23, 2018 11:32 AM

Nov 2016
Damn the opening scene was so trilling, I was expecting that something bad would happen. This time the target was Kagari. Braun coming with the save. Yuuki had an injury in her arm, very suspicious.

A lot of mind games in the episode with Okabe talking about the secret of Braun. I'm glad that he could stood to him and tell everything. He clearly doesn't want another catastrophe to happen.

The ending was unexpected, it seems that Okabe have more troubles. Something is after Amadeus. That cliffhanger with the reunion omg.
May 23, 2018 11:34 AM
a car

Jun 2017
YEAH BRAUN!

So in the end they decided to go with Anitomic Dual, but that doesn't mean that they can't find some way to merge it with Twin Automata, right? I wanted to praise this show for being able to feel like a new experience even to VN players, but it's been really by-the-book lately, unlike with the first four episodes.

Also it's annoying that they haven't been showing the worldline % values. The actual, precise value matters just as much as if it's greater of less than 1%.
May 23, 2018 11:35 AM
Apr 2017
Epic epic episode...totally lost it after the Reading Steiner!!

And Yuki...really?? Didn't see that coming.

Still fazed after watching all this unfold...next episodes gonna be legendary!
May 23, 2018 11:37 AM

Jul 2017
A pretty good episode again with a really great and intriguing ending.

When I saw Amadeus gone, I somehow called it that 'she' would show up. But still a really fantastic moment nonetheless.

Even if the episode did overall feel a bit slow to prevent it from being amazing, atleast they are serious now and that is a start. And it seems like this show will get even better.
animejasMay 23, 2018 11:03 PM
May 23, 2018 11:38 AM

Jul 2016
Objectively speaking, the raid directing was kinda a weak punch
They could built more suspense in it, i was expecting better

The scene with FB was pretty good, tho
and finally, they could have done better with the epilogue

Even this fan art depicts the scene much better
Source : https://rh-dart.deviantart.com/art/Steins-Gate-0-Antinomic-Dual-632345319

Pretty decent episode, tho still far from the best
May 23, 2018 11:40 AM

Jan 2017
And so Suzuha ends up working for Mr. Braun once more!

I love that scene with Rukako, he really wants to be helpful.

It's good Okabe realized right away the Rounders had nothing to do with the attack, it would have been boring if it took longer since it was obvious.

So, Leskinen is missing, Amadeus is in danger, the group starts investigating Mozart, Reading Steiner activates, and then that scene after the credits... I liked the series so far, but now we're getting to the really good stuff.
*laughs in Dimple*
May 23, 2018 11:42 AM

Apr 2015
WOW, so many things happen in this episode...
1. In this Beta worldine Mr Braun is still FB and he and Moeka both still work as Rounder for SERN. So does this mean in Steins Gate worldline he is actually still FB too?
2. From the hint given, The leader of the attackers is probably actually Amane Yuki, suzuha's mother and Daru's wife.. unless it is a red herring..
3. The attack both related to Amadeus and Kagari... probably kagari is actually amadeus in person like what some people guess before..

and lastly the world line changes and idk if all idetail above will be relevant or not in this new world line.. but i dont care, as my favorite girl, MAKISE KURISU IS BACK!!!!!

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
May 23, 2018 11:49 AM
Jul 2018
So far the plot keeps making up for the few screw ups in animation quality and soundtrack, but if it wasn't Steins;Gate 0 I wouldn't be so forgiving. I hope it gets better, though I'll definitely watch it till the end because I'm more than curious right now
May 23, 2018 11:50 AM

Sep 2017
Pretty good job so far.
The remake of Berserk is a mistake.
May 23, 2018 11:51 AM

Dec 2016
I actually had one problem with this episode. The world line changed by him accepting the call, not by him revealing anything like what happened with the first "knot" created in the first episode of the original.
Basically, he did not have a choice to not accept the call since the world line he was on should've included his action to accept it, meaning that the world line he was on should not have changed BEFORE he either revealed something that would've caused someone else to change the world line in the future, or him changing the world line through a D-Mail or by time-travel.
Looking forward to getting what happened there explained.

Otherwise good episode but with a big lack of Shaman girls and Lintalho.
May 23, 2018 11:56 AM

Jan 2016
Man, I'm tired of a cliffhanger at the end of every episode. Brilliant as always! This should be fun
May 23, 2018 11:56 AM

Sep 2014
Mohammadalmannai said:

If the only way to know something is to remember what was in the VN, then it needs a spoiler tag.
May 23, 2018 11:57 AM

Jul 2016
Tyiriel said:
I actually had one problem with this episode. The world line changed by him accepting the call, not by him revealing anything like what happened with the first "knot" created in the first episode of the original.
Basically, he did not have a choice to not accept the call since the world line he was on should've included his action to accept it, meaning that the world line he was on should not have changed BEFORE he either revealed something that would've caused someone else to change the world line in the future, or him changing the world line through a D-Mail or by time-travel.

i won't answer directly since it's potential spoiler but

That's one problem example with the narrative of the series we will encounter from now till later on
The VN failed to deliver the narrative and explanation, even it failed to deliver the connecting dots
This is a big issue that makes the reddit community having such a hard time connecting everything

hope the anime will make up for this one
May 23, 2018 11:58 AM

Feb 2016
Tyiriel said:

You will understand it eventually. 0 doesn't violate any of the rules the original set, there are valid reasons why everything happened this way. Though, Okabe still has the conscious choice to accept or deny actions, the world line can't force him to accept a call out of his own volition.
May 23, 2018 12:00 PM

Apr 2015
Tyiriel said:

The world line wouldn't change if he didn't answer and the world line changed because

May 23, 2018 12:04 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
For fecks sake could the people who are familiar with the source material PLEASE stop showing off and put what they know/route speculation inside SPOILERS. Yes, you are all very cool, congratulations on playing the game, but please the majority of us are arriving at this with no other knowledge than the first TV series and film and we'd rather not be spoiled.

Rant over. This is some really good stuff. That epilogue scene! Next week will be soooo long.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 23, 2018 12:07 PM

Feb 2016
Mohammadalmannai said:
Tyiriel said:

The world line wouldn't change if he didn't answer and the world line changed because

Eh I think that was mostly a gameplay decision to separate the ending branches. I don't really buy that theory in this specific scene. I know VN readers argue a lot about these problems, I hope the anime finally clears them up. Not a place to discuss this here though.
AquamirrorMay 23, 2018 3:18 PM
May 23, 2018 12:08 PM

Jul 2014
Not quite the direction I was expecting after shit went down end of last episode, but if anything this outcome has probably proven more interesting than what I expected to happen.

First off, we can logically deduce that the group targeting Kagari/K-6205 are the group that Moeka mentioned were looking for her before, even if we have nothing else to go on for who they are. The fact that they aren't SERN is an interesting point to start with, as they could well have been suspects given Kagari's links to time travel and the IBN 5100. As for who it could be, we really don't know for sure, but there's a few things that seem worth noting: Leskinen has acted suspiciously before (that disappearance in the university hallway, anyone?) and that glance from Reyes at the shrine was also suspicious.

Based on that, I initially thought that Reyes was the woman in the helmet, but maybe it isn't as simple as that, given the conspicuous injury on Yuki's hand which the helmeted woman likely got from Braun's grab (as seen above). However, even that isn't clear cut as the image clearly shows Braun grab the right wrist, but it's Yuki's left wrist which is injured. Either way, it currently seems likely that the helmeted woman is either Reyes or Yuki, it's just hard to tell which one with all the possible red herrings and bluffs the show is using.

Other than that, the main detail of note was that news broadcast mentioning another earthquake in Russia and, while I would have considered this important anyway given the focus on it (they surely wouldn't just highlight it for no reason), the fact that this came moments before Reading Steiner would seem to suggest that time travel is involved. But that in itself raises several questions: who is time travelling here? Is it the group after Kagari, SERN or some other group? Surely not SERN, as the LHC is in Switzerland, but the mention of earthquakes would imply that something similar to the LHC is being used for the time travel.

Other than that, why are they time travelling, and how has that led to Kurisu being alive still and Amadeus no longer existing? What world line are we on now (notice that unlike in the original the Divergence Metre didn't stop and show us the number we moved to)? And, perhaps even more pertinently, is there someone else who has harnessed Reading Steiner out there, as this is the second time now that it has activated without Okabe doing anything at all? That's not even to mention the question of what else has changed, because Kurisu being alive is an absolutely monumental change at this stage.

Brilliant episode, and I cannot wait to see the answers to all these questions and more as the show continues.
May 23, 2018 12:12 PM

Feb 2016
Atavistic said:
However, even that isn't clear cut as the image clearly shows Braun grab the right wrist, but it's Yuki's left wrist which is injured.

Suzuha kicked the masked person in the left wrist when she caught Kagari, so that matches.
May 23, 2018 12:14 PM

Aug 2013
it's just a torture to non-vn readers like me to watch s;g everyweek because of cliffhangers
May 23, 2018 12:14 PM

Dec 2007
Beautiful episode. Perfect adaptation and great animation. As a long time fan I'm extremely pleased.
May 23, 2018 12:15 PM
Jul 2016
Damn, that Mister Braun badassery deserved better, it looked kinda bad. Other than that, another good episode.

I really hope they"ll include Sergeant Clean scene somewhere...
May 23, 2018 12:17 PM

Apr 2015
Farabeuf said:
For fecks sake could the people who are familiar with the source material PLEASE stop showing off and put what they know/route speculation inside SPOILERS. Yes, you are all very cool, congratulations on playing the game, but please the majority of us are arriving at this with no other knowledge than the first TV series and film and we'd rather not be spoiled.

Rant over. This is some really good stuff. That epilogue scene! Next week will be soooo long.
totally agree with u.. i reported all spoiler posts made by @Mohammadalmannai and @Aquamirror... Would u guys just shut up and let people make their own speculations!!!
lswarmrulerMay 23, 2018 12:40 PM

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
May 23, 2018 12:19 PM

Oct 2014
SUFFERING
CONTINUES

May 23, 2018 12:24 PM

Apr 2015
K-K-K-K-K-KURISU?!!????!?!??
May 23, 2018 12:24 PM

Feb 2016
lswarmruler said:
Farabeuf said:

totally agree with u.. i reported all spoiler posts made by @Mohammadalmannai and @Aquamirror... FFS, would u guys just shut up and let people make their own speculations!!!

I haven't given any spoilers though. Just clearing some stuff that should already be known... but alright I will be more careful just in case.
May 23, 2018 12:26 PM

Jul 2017
YOOOOOOO KURISU IS BACK!!!!

*fangirl scream* AAAAAHHHHH!!
Best episode yet!!

Amazing plot twist, I can’t wait to see what happens next

EL PSY CONGROO
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

105 by Neon7o7 »»
Yesterday, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2018

219 by oubmathys »»
May 14, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2018

464 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 27, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.