Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 18, 2018 4:53 PM

Jan 2012
Rainy days and Christmas memories. Yeah, I think we've all been there, the pain of having a favorite character killed off. It's a major bummer for sure. I enjoyed the Christmas insert songs. I wish it were closer to that time of year right now than the scorching temperatures of mid May. But yeah, caught up with this series too, though I've been reading the source material for this for awhile now, before the anime was even announced, so I more or less knew what to expect. It's a good series. Some cosmetics issues at time like wonky faces or giraffe necks, but nothing major. Loving all the product placement/namedropping too, Nintendo and otherwise. I think the episode where they bought manga, 2 I think, was the first time a manga I actually own and that's on my shelf was featured in a currently airing anime episode, in this case Ancient Magus' Bride Volume 6. So yeah, that was cool. XD
May 18, 2018 8:12 PM

Oct 2017
Starting the ep with a kabedon with Hana and Naru doing that is just plain freaking awesome and hilarious LOL

Kabakura + Hana = THE OTP They are always A++++
May 18, 2018 8:21 PM

Nov 2011
Haha that Yaoi moment between Hirotaka and Kabakura was hilarious.

Damn I really thought Kabakura was going to pop the question! I figured he was saving up for a Wedding ring that while time.

Nice present by Hanako too
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 19, 2018 12:00 AM

Apr 2013
I much prefer Hana and Kabakura. They have a relationship that is actually healthy and realistic compare to the other pair which still feels superficial.

Am I the only one??
May 19, 2018 2:53 AM

Oct 2008
That was a nice x-mas themed episode.
4/5.

May 19, 2018 2:56 AM

Dec 2015
Nice Christmas episode. I'm glad this year Koyanagi and Kabakura had the chance to enjoy themselves.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 19, 2018 10:03 AM

Jan 2018
Nice one.. Next week

兵家
"Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches."
May 19, 2018 10:27 AM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
Quite a few cute moments between each couple and the Kabedon at the beginning was hilarious.
However, a pretty boring episode compared to previous episodes.
May 19, 2018 11:39 AM
Nov 2017
Narumi being down and Hiro picking up on it. Aww man. Attempting to cheer her up with yaoi moments with Kabakura was hilarious and exactly where I expected it to go. Ahah.

Im glad Hana got a better christmas this time round. Looks like all Kabakura's hard work paid off since he got some sweet limited edition event swag.
May 19, 2018 1:23 PM
Aug 2017
shiro_kai said:
I'm 90% sure Narumi is with Hirotaka just for convenience, she hasn't demonstrate her fellings for him not even once, and is alwyays Hirotaka the one who has to take the initiative in the relantionship. What a bitch.

They both are Otaku but she hardly understand or has something in common with him. Even so, she seem to understand Kabakura and Hirotaka's brother pretty well.

Not really. You just have a too negative opinion about her. Calling a bitch is totally overcritical and rather stupid. She just doesn't know how to interact with him in a romantic way since he is her childhood friend and she is used to dating normies. Hirotaka is different since he saw her in a romantic way since their childhood so his love for surely seem greater. She needs time to adjust to the relationship.
You don't want them to be happy? Narumi is the only one can make Hirotaka smiles.
And what do a game otaku and a fujoshi have anything in common anyway?
May 19, 2018 1:29 PM
Aug 2017
G_Aker said:
I much prefer Hana and Kabakura. They have a relationship that is actually healthy and realistic compare to the other pair which still feels superficial.

Am I the only one??

Realistic as in insulting and punching each other? Another thing is they have being dating since high school while the other two just started dating so it is not fair to compare them.
May 19, 2018 1:33 PM

Oct 2012
I don't like scenes with his brother (I know he's usual high-school archetype character on purpose but that's exaxcly why he feels so out of place) but the rest of the episode was fine. I like how both pair seems to be so comfortable around each other now.
May 19, 2018 1:41 PM

Sep 2015
Himawari9 said:
shiro_kai said:
I'm 90% sure Narumi is with Hirotaka just for convenience, she hasn't demonstrate her fellings for him not even once, and is alwyays Hirotaka the one who has to take the initiative in the relantionship. What a bitch.

They both are Otaku but she hardly understand or has something in common with him. Even so, she seem to understand Kabakura and Hirotaka's brother pretty well.

Not really. You just have a too negative opinion about her. Calling a bitch is totally overcritical and rather stupid. She just doesn't know how to interact with him in a romantic way since he is her childhood friend and she is used to dating normies. Hirotaka is different since he saw her in a romantic way since their childhood so his love for surely seem greater. She needs time to adjust to the relationship.
You don't want them to be happy? Narumi is the only one can make Hirotaka smiles.
And what do a game otaku and a fujoshi have anything in common anyway?

Of course she is not "literally" a bitch, is just a way to say. But she act cold as one, since her interest in what she gain for being with him are bigger than what she seems to feel about him.
You say she needs time to adjust, so you probably agree that so far she didnt demonstrate much of her joy for being with him. Maybe it change latter, and it will be nice, but in those 6 episodes it not happened with much energy yet.
She and Kabakura seems to be on the same page everytime they show their internal monologues, so is posible to a fujoshi and a game otaku to be more relatable than what they are.
May 19, 2018 1:44 PM

Sep 2015
Himawari9 said:
G_Aker said:

Am I the only one??

Realistic as in insulting and punching each other? Another thing is they have being dating since high school while the other two just started dating so it is not fair to compare them.

Maybe not fair, but still more enjoyable.
May 20, 2018 5:29 AM

Jul 2016
Kabedon for the beginning scene, fujoshis taking pictures xD

Narumi was so down because her favorite manga character died, that was hilarious.

Nao younger bro is so kind, protect this guy.

Such fun and warm backstories about Narumi, Hirotaka and Nao.
May 20, 2018 7:40 AM

Aug 2016
That Mario 64 reference was great lmao
May 20, 2018 4:53 PM

Oct 2012
Sadly I can relate to the gatcha reference but I'm more of a F2P player.
May 21, 2018 8:37 AM

Dec 2016
A pretty average episode with not a lot of advancement in terms of the characters relationships, but still a solid episode nonetheless lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 21, 2018 10:24 AM

Mar 2018
shiro_kai said:
Himawari9 said:

I actually enjoy watching Narumi and Hirotaka more. I love that they don't know how to "do this" and watching them fumble it out is what I like best about this show.

Every time I watch Hana and Kabakura try to interact I can't help but wonder if they shouldn't find someone else to date... they don't actually seem happy together.
♫ やっと見つけた織姫様 だけどどこだろう彦星様
これじゃひとりぼっち ♫

"Just like my arms... can never be soft and warm, like yours are"
May 21, 2018 1:03 PM

Sep 2015
shazbotian said:
shiro_kai said:

I actually enjoy watching Narumi and Hirotaka more. I love that they don't know how to "do this" and watching them fumble it out is what I like best about this show.

Every time I watch Hana and Kabakura try to interact I can't help but wonder if they shouldn't find someone else to date... they don't actually seem happy together.

No real couple would be lovey dovey forever or 100% of the time. The cat dog fight is the prove of their strong bond and relantionship. Much more relatable. Also, they probably would not have that much intimacy with anyone else since both have such strong personalities, and consequently would be much more unhappy splited.

May 22, 2018 1:03 AM

Sep 2016
The moment I saw it was a Christmas episode at first I thought it would be cliched but Goddamn. Nice going Wotakoi. SIMPLY BRILLIANT!
May 23, 2018 2:11 PM

Aug 2015
I have to say Hirotaka was really attractive this episode. It was enjoyable to watch him trying to figure out why Narumi was sad, try to think of ways to cheer her up (even taking the pic with Kabakura so casually x3), and wait for her after work, looking mad and sulking a bit. We probably all feel like parents watching over this couple. I hope we get to see them grow their relationship, and I hope Narumi starts to put in a bit more effort...

Favorite couple this week was definitely Kabakura and Koyanagi, from the cute scene in the rain, to where he tried really hard to make up for last Christmas and she had a great gift for him, its was nice to see, really cute ^^
May 26, 2018 12:23 AM

Jun 2013
Kabedon was the best part and seeing KajiKaji again <3 as Naoya was great too! I always remember Melodias from Nanatsu no Taizai or Walker from Durarara whenever I hear his voice.

I like this show but the two MCs are not as cute or relatable as I thought they would be. I prefer Koyanagi and I still think Kabakura is a fucking asshole. There are times when he's good and other than Sugita Tomokazu voicing him, I don't really care much for his character. I thought he was going to propose to Koyanagi but no, he didn't.
臭い-
May 26, 2018 3:30 AM

Sep 2012
walldotfm said:

I want one too!! T_T

You want an empty box?
Aug 9, 2018 12:37 AM

May 2012
Being happy for an empty box, well he sure must be happy :p Jokes aside this truly was a great Christmas episode if you ask me, really enjoyed the development and especially that ending and the flashbacks! Let's see what's next.
Aug 14, 2018 12:06 AM

Dec 2014
Well a christmas special…and here I am stinking in the heat
Aug 28, 2018 5:43 PM

Aug 2007
Hana smiling and saying "it was the worst Christmas" was hilarious.... gOD

Oct 30, 2018 5:04 AM

Mar 2016
I was about 6 or 7 when I found out Santa isn't real and it didn't upset me that much. The opposite actually happened, where every Christmas gathering my family would have I would look at the other kids who were all younger than me and think "Look at these sheeple still believing in such a simple conspiracy as Santa, when there are so many smoking gun to this silly lie. I sure am smart for figuring out that this man with a cloth beard on his face is actually just my grandpa thanks to my mom telling me about it." and act all smug about it.

Oh yeah, the episode itself was pretty good as well.
Jan 3, 2019 4:21 AM

May 2013
I could watch this anime forever.
Feb 4, 2019 7:21 AM

Jul 2014
I actually thought it was pretty funny at the beginning when the "walking under an umbrella" cliche was subverted by having both of them forget their umbrella, but then the cliche was played straight afterwards. Sort of reminded me of Ouran.
Feb 17, 2019 2:39 AM

Nov 2018
That kabedon was hot.
Nice slice of life as always otherwise.
Apr 6, 2019 11:52 PM
Sep 2018
Well, thanks to this forum, I now know what a kabe-don is...
And yes, it was very well done.
Watching the 2 fujoshi going nuts with their cameras, is to laugh.

A lot of nice touches this ep, and some very thoughtful exchanges.

I think Nao and Linus would get along just fine.
May 9, 2019 2:39 AM

Jun 2013
It's so nice to see Hirotaka x Tarō moments! My love for yaoi intensifies. I need more! ~❤️

Narumi is just like me when my favorite character dies. I would also cry!

It's so cute that Hirotaka and Narumi are spending their time together during Christmas. Naoya is so adorable! ~❤️

It's good to see how Tarō and Hanako have a lovely Christmas date. ~❤️
TicklingThoughtsMay 10, 2019 4:22 AM
Jun 17, 2019 7:38 PM

Sep 2012
Normies please go
Oct 19, 2019 10:29 AM

Mar 2015
Watching this mid-October, a Christmas episode is certainly not unwelcome!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 28, 2020 5:15 AM

Aug 2018
Wow Koyanagi was so sweet like she wipes Bakakura's wet face and then gave a fucking gift to him, fucking marry that girl bruh also i notice that hes nicer now to Koyanagi.Also he invited her to a "date" if im not mistaken thats also sweet.

Overall great ep.
So Narumi and Hirotaka spend christmas playing video games xD
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Apr 18, 2020 10:49 AM

May 2015
That bastard got limited edition merchendise!!!!!!!!!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 1, 2020 11:09 AM
Apr 2018
Meh, I prefer the scenes with kid Nao rather than adult Nao.

I agree with Hana and Kaba being a bit more enjoyable to watch
Jun 25, 2021 1:53 AM

Jun 2021
In rainy season we must take umbrella with us or we will be wet and catch cold.Narume is so emotional because his favourite character in manga died.Its really funny hirotaku thinks it is funny.The Christmas Eve time narume and hirotaku spends their day playing videogames.They are truly OTAKU.no doubt about it.
Jul 1, 2021 8:34 AM

Aug 2020
My least favorite episode so far (still good though). For some reason, I was not too fond of the scene where Narumi was acting cold, and it's because a manga character died. Didn't like the shift between seriousness to comedy, just like that episode where Hanako and Tarou were fighting, she cried, and they ended it off with a comedy.

Just make a serious scene, but don't make it too serious. Make it so the shift in between is smooth and the mood doesn't change.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jul 4, 2021 8:51 AM

Jul 2015
Silly Narumi, imagine being depressed over a manga character death....oh wait...(´_`)
Despite them arguing most of the time, I really love those Kabakura x Hanako romantic moments.

Jul 28, 2021 1:48 AM
May 2020
a relaxed Christmas episode
Aug 3, 2021 1:58 PM

May 2018
I also hate how rare gacha drops are :(
Oct 23, 2021 11:33 PM

Jan 2021
Narumi’s Goddamns are another part of this show I’ll never get enough of.
Also, Am I the only one that noticed they were singing melt?
Dec 17, 2021 7:32 PM

Mar 2020
Lol wasn't expecting that Narumi would be doing all that because of a manga character

"I wonder if anything will ever change? Will that day ever come?"
- Okazaki, Tomoya
"Nothing can stay unchanged. Fun things… Happy things…
They can’t possibly remain the same."
- Furukawa, Nagisa
Dec 20, 2021 4:11 AM

Jul 2021
Of all the episodes of this anime I've seen so far, this was the first one I thought was bad. It was very tedious, able to have at least funny parts in this episode.
asdasdsadad
Dec 27, 2021 10:41 PM

Aug 2011
Nifuji as a partner is so damn good!! Love his attentiveness towards Narumi.
desu desu binches
Mar 27, 2022 9:03 AM

Apr 2013
Of course both of them forgot their umbrellas, just because they are not teenagers, doesn't mean they can't heave teenagers problems haha. Glad to see that there is still not a single sign of drama, I like that.
Apr 18, 2022 1:22 PM
Nov 2020
Is this the place?
Oct 10, 2022 12:52 PM
Oct 2020
nice epiosde, very cute
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

101 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

40 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

52 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 8 Discussion

38 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

93 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 7:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.